PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct Inner Track Opens Dec. 9th

Shemp Howard
11-30-2015, 08:56 PM
Four months of hard core action ahead.

no breathalyzer
11-30-2015, 11:07 PM
I love the inner dirt.. i really do.. its the time of yr where the true NYRA followers make good coin from the dummy $$ if you know how to use information correctly

EMD4ME
12-01-2015, 06:22 AM
I love the inner dirt.. i really do.. its the time of yr where the true NYRA followers make good coin from the dummy $$ if you know how to use information correctly

I love the inner as well. Tighter turns. More trips notes in dirt races. 6F and 1M-1M 1/16. 2 Turn races.

No 6 1/2 F no 7F. Different trainer patterns. Different jocks. Myths about a universal speed bias. Super importance on saving ground.

All around different game that I look forward to every year.

Robert Goren
12-01-2015, 06:57 AM
Track bias are the rule rather than the exception on the inner, which why I have tolerated the short fields the last few years. For bettors who have trouble sitting on their hands, the inner can cause a lot damage to their bankroll. But for those who the patience and are able to quickly recognize a bias, it can be very profitable. Just be prepared to have your overnight handicapping conclusions rendered useless or to have the card canceled unexpectedly.

Johnny V
12-01-2015, 07:50 AM
Four months of hard core action ahead.
I look forward to the meet. I seem to usually do better there than on the rest of the NYRA circuit. The cancellations are annoying but those are the breaks that you have to put up with winter racing. Good luck to all who bet at the winter meet.

NTamm1215
12-01-2015, 08:08 AM
Track bias are the rule rather than the exception on the inner, which why I have tolerated the short fields the last few years. For bettors who have trouble sitting on their hands, the inner can cause a lot damage to their bankroll. But for those who the patience and are able to quickly recognize a bias, it can be very profitable. Just be prepared to have your overnight handicapping conclusions rendered useless or to have the card canceled unexpectedly.

There are not nearly as many biases as you think. In fact, each of the last three years there have been no more than 2 or 3 days with a real speed or rail bias.

Robert Goren
12-01-2015, 08:27 AM
There are not nearly as many biases as you think. In fact, each of the last three years there have been no more than 2 or 3 days with a real speed or rail bias. I have seen a lot more days than that. I would also add that those two are not the only biases that come into play on the inner.

no breathalyzer
12-01-2015, 09:54 AM
There are not nearly as many biases as you think. In fact, each of the last three years there have been no more than 2 or 3 days with a real speed or rail bias.

this statement is true in general imo... especially true in the inner. i agree with you. people luv to use that word bias.. seems like it gets brought up every other day by someone with out merit

Tom
12-01-2015, 10:04 AM
I'm going south with Andy!

1st time lasix
12-01-2015, 10:31 AM
IMO.....Winter racing in NY is a dismal event. I choose not to participate. This year I will stay away again from NY- until Spring arrives. Plenty of better options in warmer conditions for trainers, owners and handicappers. Hopefully- the inferior horses that remain will not breakdown. I guess having the facility open allows the bums a place to escape the cold.