PDA

View Full Version : Car accident death

zico20
11-30-2015, 12:23 AM
This is an incredible story. A woman survives unscathed when her car flips over and is totaled. Passengers help rescue her an then she decides to go back to her car and retrieve some belongings and gets hit and dies. Then a cop car shows up and get hit by another car. I wonder what was so important that she had to go back to the car. Maybe she needed to text somebody, I mean she was 25.

http://nypost.com/2015/11/29/woman-survives-car-crash-dies-trying-to-retrieve-her-things/

LottaKash
11-30-2015, 12:56 AM
This is an incredible story. A woman survives unscathed when her car flips over and is totaled. Passengers help rescue her an then she decides to go back to her car and retrieve some belongings and gets hit and dies. Then a cop car shows up and get hit by another car. I wonder what was so important that she had to go back to the car. Maybe she needed to text somebody, I mean she was 25.

http://nypost.com/2015/11/29/woman-survives-car-crash-dies-trying-to-retrieve-her-things/

Maybe so hey ?...

These days, it seems, people are just flat out "addicted" to their technologies, as if, if they didn't have them in their immediate possession, it becomes a matter of "life and death"... Perhaps in this case it was "death"...

But where is a "pay phone" if you needed it now...? :eek:

tucker6
11-30-2015, 07:41 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why all the drivers who arrived on the scene of an accident at 4am didn't slow down. My God, a woman and a cop car get hit AFTER the accident. I know it is NY, but that is a little much even for them.

Robert Fischer
11-30-2015, 09:32 AM
gotta get that iphone

thaskalos
11-30-2015, 01:17 PM
My guess is that she was texting when she crashed into the center median...and then ran to get her phone so her blunder wouldn't be discovered.

Stillriledup
11-30-2015, 03:41 PM

Maybe she thought passing motorists would slow to a crawl when they saw a bad accident? She's not blameless for crossing into the road but don't we think there's at least some incompetent behavior from the person who hit her?

Tom
11-30-2015, 03:58 PM
The key to survival is not to expect competency from strangers.
Going back was stupid.
Sad outcome, but stupid nonetheless.

classhandicapper
11-30-2015, 04:10 PM
It sounds like a scene from Final Destination 6.

Stillriledup
11-30-2015, 04:50 PM
The key to survival is not to expect competency from strangers.
Going back was stupid.
Sad outcome, but stupid nonetheless.

You can't expect competency from people, you got that right, but even if we can't expect it, can't we 'call out' stupid people when we see them?

davew
11-30-2015, 04:57 PM
My guess is that she was texting when she crashed into the center median...and then ran to get her phone so her blunder wouldn't be discovered.

Who do you text at 4:30 am? If I was a gambling man, I would feel a higher probability of drugs or alcohol involved.

It was still a tragic outcome....

NorCalGreg
11-30-2015, 05:17 PM
It sounds like a scene from Final Destination 6.

As soon as I read this story...it reminded me of an old teen tragedy song--Pearl Jam covered one of the greats: "Last Kiss" few years ago.

Anyway, this one was about a boy and his girlfriend are out on a date when their car gets stuck on the railroad track. A train's coming. The boy pulls his girlfriend to safety, but she (stupidly!) goes running back into the car and GETS HIT BY A TRAIN!!

The boy doesn't know why she would do something so idiotic. Later he's told that when they examined her body, they found his ring clasped in her hand. That's what she went back to the car for.

If you'd care to hear it:
https://youtu.be/KG_VIcoiCFA

zico20
11-30-2015, 06:43 PM
Who do you text at 4:30 am? If I was a gambling man, I would feel a higher probability of drugs or alcohol involved.

It was still a tragic outcome....

Since it was a young woman it can be just about anything. Some women if they are not asleep or at work text non stop. I am with Thas on this one. She was texting while driving.

zico20
11-30-2015, 06:45 PM
Maybe she thought passing motorists would slow to a crawl when they saw a bad accident? She's not blameless for crossing into the road but don't we think there's at least some incompetent behavior from the person who hit her?

The problem is we don't know how well lit the road was or if it was on a turn. She also maybe just ran right out in front of the car and the driver could not stop in time. She clearly had her phone on her mind, IMO.

PhantomOnTour
11-30-2015, 07:25 PM
I read the article...unless I missed something, it never mentions texting as the cause for the accident, nor does it specify that she went back to get her cell phone.

Maybe she was disoriented after flipping her car....?

zico20
11-30-2015, 07:39 PM
I read the article...unless I missed something, it never mentions texting as the cause for the accident, nor does it specify that she went back to get her cell phone.

Maybe she was disoriented after flipping her car....?

Some of us are working under the assumption that the cell phone is the only logical reason for running across the freeway to a car that was demolished. The only other reason someone would go back into traffic at 4:00 AM is if they had drugs in the car that they needed to dispose of.

tucker6
11-30-2015, 08:17 PM
Some of us are working under the assumption that the cell phone is the only logical reason for running across the freeway to a car that was demolished. The only other reason someone would go back into traffic at 4:00 AM is if they had drugs in the car that they needed to dispose of.
You are making the assumption that she was thinking logically. Right after such a horrific accident, many people lose their heads and do stupid things without purpose.

Tom
11-30-2015, 09:16 PM
You can't expect competency from people, you got that right, but even if we can't expect it, can't we 'call out' stupid people when we see them?
You can call out anyone you want to.

PhantomOnTour
11-30-2015, 09:29 PM
I'm doing just that right now ;)

barahona44
12-01-2015, 02:13 PM
As soon as I read this story...it reminded me of an old teen tragedy song--Pearl Jam covered one of the greats: "Last Kiss" few years ago.

Anyway, this one was about a boy and his girlfriend are out on a date when their car gets stuck on the railroad track. A train's coming. The boy pulls his girlfriend to safety, but she (stupidly!) goes running back into the car and GETS HIT BY A TRAIN!!

The boy doesn't know why she would do something so idiotic. Later he's told that when they examined her body, they found his ring clasped in her hand. That's what she went back to the car for.

If you'd care to hear it:
https://youtu.be/KG_VIcoiCFA

Actually, the song you refer to is "Teen Angel" by Mark Dinning, from the late 50's.Google the lyrics.

They're both still great 'teen death' songs.

PaceAdvantage
12-02-2015, 10:50 PM

Maybe she was disoriented after flipping her car....?Yeah, no kidding...that's exactly what I thought. I doubt she was very much in her right mind after something traumatic like that.

The conjecture going on in this thread should leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

sammy the sage
12-03-2015, 08:20 AM
I'm doing just that right now ;)

that thar's funny...I don't care who u are... :lol: :D