PDA

View Full Version : Cigar Mile

Tom
11-28-2015, 03:59 PM
Late jockey change.....

#7 Private Zone, the rider will be Albert DeSalvo.

camourous
11-28-2015, 04:04 PM
Late jockey change.....

That was just a embarrassing effort by Pedroza

Shemp Howard
11-28-2015, 04:16 PM
Late jockey change.....

I thought I heard Ed Lewis as the substitute jock?

EMD4ME
11-28-2015, 04:18 PM
All I know is, my 2nd favorite horse of all time just ran spectacularly in the lane to get up.

Again a bad ride by JV. Goes 4 wide most of the far turn, loses valuable ground. Then darts to rail near 1/4 pole like an idiot. Then angles back out.

He should've stayed inside on the far turn and angled out in the lane.

Would've won by 3 if he did. But I'll take the excitement :) That was nice.

Tom
11-28-2015, 04:31 PM
I thought I heard Ed Lewis as the substitute jock?

He couldn't make the weight.
He's a heavyweight! :lol:

johnhannibalsmith
11-28-2015, 04:42 PM
That was just a embarrassing effort by Pedroza

He did get one thing accomplished... he finally goaded Rosario to actually come through the hole... once it was gone... :lol:

Bigadam119
11-28-2015, 04:55 PM
What happened there? New trainer but still Pedroza as the jock. Did the trainer tell Pedroza to not let him run??? When he is successful he gets to the lead and it's see who can catch him. No one was going up there with him either. That was ugly to watch!

Stillriledup
11-28-2015, 05:00 PM
The Legend 'off' you have a great horse falling off the map overnight, funny how that works.

Kash$
11-28-2015, 06:28 PM
Breeders Cup key race ?

Effinex,Tonalist,..

no breathalyzer
11-28-2015, 06:30 PM
What happened there? New trainer but still Pedroza as the jock. Did the trainer tell Pedroza to not let him run??? When he is successful he gets to the lead and it's see who can catch him. No one was going up there with him either. That was ugly to watch!

He warmed up very impressively i thought

Bigadam119
11-28-2015, 06:44 PM
He warmed up very impressively i thought

We're talking about possibly the fastest horse in training right now running a 48.2 half in an 8F race. Had he ran 46 and change he would have been ahead by at least 5. Let him run! That's what he does.

no breathalyzer
11-28-2015, 07:03 PM
We're talking about possibly the fastest horse in training right now running a 48.2 half in an 8F race. Had he ran 46 and change he would have been ahead by at least 5. Let him run! That's what he does.

sorry i had a major typo..it was extremely unimpressive

classhandicapper
11-29-2015, 10:02 AM
That was one of those "suspect" rides people like to complain about in the Serling thread. I don't mind that he tried to back down the pace. But he did it to such an extreme that the horse was fighting him. That almost never works. The idea is to back it down but keep the horse comfortable.

tophatmert
11-29-2015, 10:35 AM
Geez, Jorge Navarro off is usually such a good angle.

magwell
11-29-2015, 10:40 AM
If the truth be told this wonderful horse looked great and ran great with Navarro, Yesterday this was not a happy horse when he came on the track and ran that way, I could be wrong wouldn't be the first time.........;)

Tom
11-29-2015, 10:59 AM
He propped in his last work, according the the Mig.
He suggested maybe the jock was afraid that would happen again if he got clear?

I can understand your put your life on the line every time you get in the saddle, but if you are afraid of the horse, you owe it to the betting public to refuse the mount. Hope that was not the reason.

Stillriledup
11-29-2015, 12:03 PM
He propped in his last work, according the the Mig.
He suggested maybe the jock was afraid that would happen again if he got clear?

I can understand your put your life on the line every time you get in the saddle, but if you are afraid of the horse, you owe it to the betting public to refuse the mount. Hope that was not the reason.

Jocks owe zero to the 'betting public' they're not riding for them.

How would Pedroza know the horse would be 'unmanageable ' when he was never like that before? Maybe the new trainer did something the horse didnt like and he was hard to control.

Not sure what he could have done different, if he lets the horse roll so the ride looks more pleasing to the eye, he loses by more lengths than he lost by anyway.

It was a bad pick and a bad price with the negative trainer change, anyone who bet this horse needs to go back to handicapping 101 and stop blaming the jockey.

Tom
11-29-2015, 03:57 PM
Pedroza rode him in the workout where he propped.
I didn't bet him. I bet the top two in the exacta.
Of course it was dreadful ride. You do not take away the horses best weapon, early speed. The went 48 on a one turn mile. 46 would have been taking it easy.
Separation is important. That is from handicapping 102.
This horse has won a lot of race going blazing fast early.

Stillriledup
11-29-2015, 04:10 PM
Pedroza rode him in the workout where he propped.
I didn't bet him. I bet the top two in the exacta.
Of course it was dreadful ride. You do not take away the horses best weapon, early speed. The went 48 on a one turn mile. 46 would have been taking it easy.
Separation is important. That is from handicapping 102.
This horse has won a lot of race going blazing fast early.

The horse was 'no good' and not sharp, he wasnt winning no matter what, the negative trainer change was a huge factor.

cj
11-29-2015, 08:08 PM
The horse was 'no good' and not sharp, he wasnt winning no matter what, the negative trainer change was a huge factor.

You are probably right. The horse had nothing late when in the past he has been a fighter down the stretch at a minimum.

That said, the distance concerns are comical. The horse won this same race last year by a pole.

no breathalyzer
11-29-2015, 08:31 PM
You are probably right. The horse had nothing late when in the past he has been a fighter down the stretch at a minimum.

That said, the distance concerns are comical. The horse won this same race last year by a pole.

But all the sharpies in NY. said it was cause of the golden rail bias :D

cj
11-29-2015, 08:40 PM
[/B]

But all the sharpies in NY. said it was cause of the golden rail bias :D

I think it was a biased track too, but I wouldn't totally ride the horse different because of it.

Stillriledup
11-29-2015, 08:45 PM
I wonder what's the reason to change trainers from a mega supertrainer to someone that's not even a supertrainer of the garden variety. It's one thing to change trainers and quite another to take a horse from the legend.

Anyone know the scoop?

EMD4ME
11-29-2015, 10:51 PM
I think it was a biased track too, but I wouldn't totally ride the horse different because of it.

I too think it was a speed biased track (2014 Cigar Mile).

I too would not have choked the crap out of him. Let him roll and see what he does.

Nevertheless, the trainer change seems to be the driving reason for the decline IMHO.

Tara73
11-30-2015, 12:55 AM
He warmed up very impressively i thoughtImpressively? Just the opposite is true! Horse was never allowed a short gallop in the post parade!

NorCalGreg
11-30-2015, 01:04 AM
Jocks owe zero to the 'betting public' they're not riding for them.

How would Pedroza know the horse would be 'unmanageable ' when he was never like that before? Maybe the new trainer did something the horse didnt like and he was hard to control.

Not sure what he could have done different, if he lets the horse roll so the ride looks more pleasing to the eye, he loses by more lengths than he lost by anyway.

It was a bad pick and a bad price with the negative trainer change, anyone who bet this horse needs to go back to handicapping 101 and stop blaming the jockey.

You ever get dizzy from spinning so much? Flippin' & floppin like a carp. Aren't you the same guy that coined the term "clown ride".
Now, all of a sudden, jockey's don't owe squat to the betting public???
Then let me axe you somethin':

Why do you, SRU.....spend so much of YOUR time bitching about these jockeys who, by your own words--don't owe any of us-- the betting public right here on this forum, the professional ride and horsemanship one would expect? Maybe you owe an apology to "Cornholio", "The human anchor", etc, since they don't work for you. Vic had good reason to be scared of jockeys, -- they didn't work for him, either.

I usually don't respond to these kind of statements from you, since it's usually like wizzing into the wind--something just struck me with that "jockeys owe zero to the betting public" comment.

Just taking a break and reading some late posts. No hard feelings either way :ThmbUp:

-NCG☮

Stillriledup
11-30-2015, 02:44 AM
You ever get dizzy from spinning so much? Flippin' & floppin like a carp. Aren't you the same guy that coined the term "clown ride".

Why do you, SRU.....spend so much of YOUR time bitching about these jockeys who, by your own words--don't owe any of us-- the betting public right here on this forum, the professional ride and horsemanship one would expect? Maybe you owe an apology to "Cornholio", "The human anchor", etc, since they don't work for you. Vic had good reason to be scared of jockeys, -- they didn't work for him, either.

I usually don't respond to these kind of statements from you, since it's usually like wizzing into the wind--something just struck me with that "jockeys owe zero to the betting public" comment.

Just taking a break and reading some late posts. No hard feelings either way :ThmbUp:

-NCG☮

I was speaking from a jocks perspective, they don't ride for the public, that's how they feel, they're riding for their trainer and owner. How I feel about them is pretty well documented here.

NorCalGreg
11-30-2015, 04:35 AM
I was speaking from a jocks perspective, they don't ride for the public, that's how they feel, they're riding for their trainer and owner. How I feel about them is pretty well documented here.

Fair enough....my reading comprehension has gone downhill since I joined this board. I blame it on the flame wars--only need to read the last few posts, and jump on in!

Stillriledup
11-30-2015, 04:53 AM
Fair enough....my reading comprehension has gone downhill since I joined this board. I blame it on the flame wars--only need to read the last few posts, and jump on in!

I appreciate you swinging from the hip and asking questions later! :ThmbUp:

Tom
11-30-2015, 08:09 AM

That may be, but it was STILL a bad ride, which is all I ever said.
YOU are making stuff to add to it.

classhandicapper
11-30-2015, 09:27 AM
IMO the issue was the not the pace. It was that the horse was fighting him. There's a happy medium between trying to back the pace down enough to make it harder for the closers to make up ground when things pick up later and using the horse's energy up in a wrestling match.

no breathalyzer
11-30-2015, 11:17 AM
Impressively? Just the opposite is true! Horse was never allowed a short gallop in the post parade!

typo. i agree with you

no breathalyzer
11-30-2015, 11:19 AM

-NCG☮

I'm guilty :D

Valuist
12-02-2015, 12:18 AM
Guess who is getting some time off

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/96311/private-zone-to-florida-for-rehabilitation

nijinski
12-02-2015, 12:56 AM
Guess who is getting some time off

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/96311/private-zone-to-florida-for-rehabilitation
Was just going to post Douglas' taking the blame , that he made the wrong decision to race him . Oy