PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct: Saturday, November 28

Teach
11-28-2015, 11:32 AM
Race One:

:2: Gehrig. This Ghostzapper-bred gelding finished second in his only start three weeks ago against similar. There is speed up front end. He can close. Jose Ortiz has been sharp. He will have to position this horse perfectly, angle out, and make his move at just the right moment. Should be closing in the stretch? Will he get there in time? That is the question. One note of caution: Trainer Bruce Levine has not had success with 2 year-olds. Yet… Others: :6: , :7: , :8:

Race Two:

:2: Altar Boy. This altered son of Ready’s Image broke his maiden at first asking last month. I believe this highly-priced Ocala purchase can be “any kinda horse”. Can he make it two straight? I think so. I must admit that any time I see Todd Pletcher listed as trainer it catches my attention. The Hall-of-Famer, Johnny V., is in the irons. Others: :3: , :6: , :5:

Race Three:

:3: Thrilled. In the Grade II Demoiselle I like this Uncle Mo-bred filly. Yes, her connections are trying her on the main for the first time; that despite the fact that she’s had some success (hit the board twice) on the lawn. Trainer Todd Pletcher must feel that this filly can handle the change in racing surface. John Velazquez is in the irons. Others: :1: , :5: , :2:

Race Four:

:1: Inspector Lynley is my choice in this MSW turf route. This “Shug” McGaughey trainee was fourth in a similar race at Belmont over a month ago. The Lemon Drop Kid-bred colt was closing well in that one (DRF: “late foot”). Jose Ortiz reprises the ride. A solid, recent morning work signals readiness. Others: :5: , :6: , :8:

Race Five:

:4: Flexibilty is my pick in the Grade II Remsen. This Bluegrass Cat-bred colt was second in his last, the Grade II Nashua. The added panel should help. There’s also a jockey change to the “Puerto Rican Caballero,” Irad Ortiz, Jr. The red-hot Chad Brown is the horse’s conditioner. Others: :2: , :3: , :5:

Race Six:

:10: One Eyed Ray is the selection in this turf route. This Cozzene-bred was claimed out of his last “Spa” race; he is now residing in the Mike Maker barn. Trainer Maker does very well with both turf starts and first starts after a claim. Eric Cancel (he still has his “bug”) has picked it up some in recent days. Admittedly a value play, this grey gelding could surprise. Others: :7: , :1: , :8:

Race Seven:

:1: Peace and War. You don’t have to be Tolstoy to like this Danzig-bred filly in this Grade III Comely. “Senor Santo Domingo,” Joel Rosario, is in the irons for trainer Graham Motion. Motion does well with “shippers” (this filly ships from Keeneland where she was last seen finishing “up the track” in the BC Distaff). This War Front-bred now catches a field that she has a strong chance of defeating. Frankly, I would have preferred a wet surface (showers may hold off), but I still believe this filly can do it. Others: :9: , :3: , :6:

Race Eight:

:6: Orino threw in “a clunker” in his last, the non-graded Mohawk Stakes - but I believe she has a strong shot here. Liston, Louisiana’s Kendrick Carmouche, “The King of Philadelphia,” is in the irons for trainer Jim Bond. Orino is a Cormorant-bred 5 year-old gelding who’s hit the board in 10 out of 18 lifetime turf tries. Others: :10: . :7: , :1:

Race Nine:

:5: Tonalist is my pick in the Grade I Cigar Mile. This Tapit (Pulpit)-bred with lifetime earnings of over 3 Mill was last seen finished fifth in the BC Classic. Frankly, a wet track would be the preferred racing surface. However, I still believe this colt has a good chance of winning. Blinkers back on. John Velazquez reprises the ride for Monsieur Christophe Clement. Others: :7: , :4: , :3:

Race Ten:

:5: Kitty Madness is the pick in the New York State-bred MSW turf route. This Courageous Cat-bred filly finished second in her only start at Belmont in late October. Any slight improvement… Dylan Davis reprises the ride for trainer John Morrison. Others: :11: , :4: , :8:

dartman51
11-28-2015, 12:18 PM
In race 2, the :7: DO I AMUSE YOU, could be a danger. Top Speed @ the Dist. Lone Speed, could wire the field if not challenged early.

:blush: I didn't notice, when the :7: came on the track, he only had 3 legs. And quits at the top of the stretch. I wasn't amused. :bang: