PDA

View Full Version : Creed-End of the Rocky movies?

Kash$
11-27-2015, 08:43 PM
Saw it yesterday evening it was OK better then expected.
Will this end the Rocky movies?

MutuelClerk
11-27-2015, 08:50 PM
A nuclear disaster wouldn't end this franchise. Personally I loved a lot the Rocky movies. A couple kind of suck but overall pretty good. Plan on going Mon or Tues. Glad you liked it Kash. The only sequel I really want to see is Rounders 2.

Kash$
11-27-2015, 09:10 PM
[QUOTE=MutuelClerk]A nuclear disaster wouldn't end this franchise. Personally I loved a lot the Rocky movies. A couple kind of suck but overall pretty good. Plan on going Mon or Tues. Glad you liked it Kash. The only sequel I really want to see is Rounders 2.[/QUOTE

Point Break out Christmas Day..Original was excellent.

zico20
11-27-2015, 10:01 PM
I loved the Rocky movies. The first one told a great story and I was hooked. I will go see Creed soon. He should keep making these movies as long as the public keeps buying them. Point Break was an awesome movie. Is it going to be a remake or something new. The new Karate Kid was the exact same as the original which I found uninteresting.

Can a Rambo movie be far behind, the first one was awesome.

NorCalGreg
11-27-2015, 10:10 PM
Can a Rambo movie be far behind, the first one was awesome.

Think they've had like 3 "Rambo" movies already. One thing about Stallone movies--he almost always delivers.

The only one I was dissapointed in was this corny Arm-Wrestling movie I think was called "Over The Top"

Really enjoyed his last fight flick, "Grudge Match" with Deniro... was pretty good.

EDIT: almost forgot my point----the "franchise" will end when people stop buying tickets.....see any end to the James Bond "franchise"?

barahona44
11-27-2015, 11:22 PM
Think they've had like 3 "Rambo" movies already. One thing about Stallone movies--he almost always delivers.

The only one I was dissapointed in was this corny Arm-Wrestling movie I think was called "Over The Top"

Really enjoyed his last fight flick, "Grudge Match" with Deniro... was pretty good.

EDIT: almost forgot my point----the "franchise" will end when people stop buying tickets.....see any end to the James Bond "franchise"?

I'm pretty sure we will see in another 10-15 years, a "re-imagining" of the Rocky franchise.I read somewhere that almost 40 % of the theatre tickets sold in the last 5 years are either for sequels ,remakes or franchise installments.

Shemp Howard
11-28-2015, 08:39 AM
Creed 2 already in the works.

Actor
11-28-2015, 07:16 PM
Can a Rambo movie be far behind, the first one was awesome.Think they've had like 3 "Rambo" movies already.Four:

First Blood
Rambo: First Blood Part II
Rambo 3
Rambo

In #4 Stallone is around 60 years old.

IMDB lists Rambo: Last Blood as "in development." There's also a Rambo TV series "in development."

cj
11-28-2015, 07:28 PM

Wait, what? It was the greatest trucker/arm wrestling movie EVAH! BAR NONE!

NorCalGreg
11-28-2015, 08:30 PM
Four:

First Blood
Rambo 3
Rambo

IMDB lists Rambo: Last Blood as "in development." There's also a Rambo TV series "in development."

He was like 80 in GRUDGE MATCH w/Deniro...they didn't even have a make-up person on staff

zico20
11-28-2015, 10:00 PM
Four:

First Blood
Rambo 3
Rambo

I should have said another Rambo. The Rambo movie in Burma was excellent, lots of killing. That movie had a meaning to it, don't go into a hell hole of a country trying to help people.

Richie
11-29-2015, 05:40 AM
saw creed yesterday, excellent movie. It was also Rocky marathon day so I caught the end of Rocky 4 which I never saw, the Tommy Morrison ending was pretty good. I started to watch the original Rocky for the first time in 25 years, man, was that a slow beginning, I was surprised by how slow it was to development, and how dark it was. My teenagers would be bored in that first hour.

Chaka26
11-29-2015, 12:57 PM
Theres got to be a bitter feud disrespecting apollo so he ends up fighting the son in the finale

lansdale
11-29-2015, 08:24 PM
Saw it yesterday evening it was OK better then expected.
Will this end the Rocky movies?

Glad you seem to like. Some friends worked on this one, so I would urge every American to go see it and help them keep their kids in college ;-). Actually I think most fans of the 'Rocky' franchise should enjoy it.

Film is doing well, thus rumors of a 'Creed II' - wouldn't rule it out, but will be probably be a few years off. Stallone isn't fading away - he's in unbelievable shape for a 69-year old guy.

proximity
11-30-2015, 03:48 AM
Wait, what? It was the greatest trucker/arm wrestling movie EVAH! BAR NONE!

I prefer to couple this picture with roadhouse in what I call the terry funk abuse genre.

Q: does terry funk ever win a fight?

A: nobody.... ever wins a fight!! :)

MutuelClerk
11-30-2015, 05:24 PM
Saw Creed today. Really well done. Loved it.

thaskalos
11-30-2015, 06:28 PM
Glad you seem to like. Some friends worked on this one, so I would urge every American to go see it and help them keep their kids in college ;-). Actually I think most fans of the 'Rocky' franchise should enjoy it.

Film is doing well, thus rumors of a 'Creed II' - wouldn't rule it out, but will be probably be a few years off. Stallone isn't fading away - he's in unbelievable shape for a 69-year old guy.

Yeah...the HGH works miracles. :)

lansdale
12-02-2015, 12:59 AM
Yeah...the HGH works miracles. :)

No urine test in movies.