PDA

View Full Version : Girls Demanding to join the Boy Scounts

delayjf
11-27-2015, 02:15 PM
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/feldman-girls-join-boy/2015/11/27/id/703687/

Let's see, :bang: Young teenagers boys and girls camping together out in the wilderness - what could go wrong.

PaceAdvantage
11-27-2015, 02:24 PM
I can't wait until they pass a law that says parents must dress their babies and small children in boys clothes on even numbered days of the month and girls clothes on odd numbered days of the month, no matter the actual sex of the child.

Or, maybe they'll pass a law banning non-unisex clothing for children and maybe even adults. When that day comes, life will be a true utopia.

thaskalos
11-27-2015, 02:29 PM
The girls want to infiltrate the Boy Scouts too?

Is nothing sacred?

zico20
11-27-2015, 03:19 PM
I am sure Obama is all in on this. Lets destroy every tradition this country has established for over 200 years in the blink of an eye. I see no way this will come to fruition. The Boy Scouts will draw the line and say no way and eventually the Supreme Court will rule in favor of the Boy Scouts. This is absurd.

Tom
11-27-2015, 03:20 PM
Nothing like a Brownie on an overnight in the woods.

LottaKash
11-27-2015, 03:23 PM
The author of this article, Noah Feldman, ended it with this question:

"Maybe some boys want to join the Girl Scouts, too. Would that really be so bad?"

Tom
11-27-2015, 03:45 PM
Do away with boy Scout groups and replace them with the Kaitlyn Kommandos!

What happens in the woods, stays in the woods.

davew
11-27-2015, 04:58 PM
maybe they are budding transgenders, but just do not know it yet.

Overlay
11-27-2015, 05:05 PM
The author of this article, Noah Feldman, ended it with this question:

"Maybe some boys want to join the Girl Scouts, too. Would that really be so bad?"
The social imperative is a one-way street. All-male institutions must be integrated in the name of equality and social justice, while all-female institutions are portrayed as necessary to allow women to excel free of the misogyny and discrimination that the presence of males fosters.

boxcar
11-27-2015, 05:17 PM
I am sure Obama is all in on this. Lets destroy every tradition this country has established for over 200 years in the blink of an eye. I see no way this will come to fruition. The Boy Scouts will draw the line and say no way and eventually the Supreme Court will rule in favor of the Boy Scouts. This is absurd.

On what basis will they rule in favor of the Boys? If they don't allow the Girls in, they'll be sued for sex discrimination. All discrimination for any reason is evil. Don't you know?

proximity
11-27-2015, 06:34 PM
wasn't there a brady bunch about this??? :rolleyes:

Tom
11-27-2015, 07:49 PM
Yes. Cindy and Bobby had operations and switched roles in season 3.

And that's the way they all became the Brady Bunch!

zico20
11-27-2015, 08:10 PM
On what basis will they rule in favor of the Boys? If they don't allow the Girls in, they'll be sued for sex discrimination. All discrimination for any reason is evil. Don't you know?

Did you read the article or are you being sarcastic?

zico20
11-27-2015, 08:12 PM

Yes, Marsha joined the Boy Scouts with Greg, then decided afterwards she didn't want to be a member after a trip in the woods. Maybe this is where these dingbats got the idea.

Ocala Mike
11-27-2015, 09:04 PM
Brings to mind a whole new category of merit badges.

Didn't the Boys Club of America franchise lose on this already, being now the Boys and Girls Club, or did they do that on their own?

barahona44
11-27-2015, 11:02 PM

Didn't the Boys Club of America franchise lose on this already, being now the Boys and Girls Club, or did they do that on their own?
There were Girls Clubs when I was growing up back in the 60's,but I believe it was a merger.According to their website, this occurred in 1990.The clubs,unlike the Scouts,have more of a need for physical plants to meet their mission.Duplicating buildings and services doesn't make much financial sense.

Also I would think that some organizations that want to stay all female,such as colleges would be on the Boy Scouts side.They could be next.

dartman51
11-27-2015, 11:58 PM
Nothing like a Brownie on an overnight in the woods.

I love Brownies, just not with nuts. :D

NorCalGreg
11-28-2015, 12:15 AM

Wasn't there a Parks and Recreation about this??? :rolleyes:

boxcar
11-28-2015, 08:47 AM
Did you read the article or are you being sarcastic?

The article notwithstanding, in today's dark political climate of overbearing and absurd political correctness running amok at all times for all reasons (and pretenses), discrimination of any kind must be classified as evil -- that is to say, if the PC crowd wants to be consistent....but of course, consistency has never been their strong suit.

Tom
11-28-2015, 09:37 AM

Merit Badges for celibacy?

Or for Restraint?
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Marshall Bennett
11-28-2015, 09:39 AM
On camping trips will boys and girls share the same bush? :)

Tom
11-28-2015, 09:47 AM
Careful, Marshall, you're going out on a limb here!

classhandicapper
11-28-2015, 10:08 AM
It is possible to put an entire country in a mental health facility?

Johnny V
11-28-2015, 10:14 AM
The motto "Be Prepared" will take on a new meaning if this flies.

nearco
11-28-2015, 10:32 AM
Most scouting organistions world wide are no longer divided by gender, haven't been since the 70's. I believe even the Cannucks opened up their scouting to both genders a while back.

The idea is really not that bizarre.

But people just like to get offended and clutch their pearls.... "Ohmergawd!! WHAT IS WORLD COMING TO??????"

classhandicapper
11-28-2015, 10:58 AM
Most scouting organistions world wide are no longer divided by gender, haven't been since the 70's. I believe even the Cannucks opened up their scouting to both genders a while back.

But people just like to get offended and clutch their pearls.... "Ohmergawd!! WHAT IS WORLD COMING TO??????"

The issue is not whether by choice these institutions decide it would be better to merge and have single scouting organization open to both boys and girls. I see nothing wrong with that. It might even be a good idea.

It's that some people are doing this because they want to live in a sexual la la land where everyone is gender neutral....other than the fact that they have a penis or vagina.

As long as these institutions choose to be separate with one being for boys and one being for girls, that's the way they should be because there's nothing wrong with that either.

Tom
11-28-2015, 11:09 AM

:lol: For when tying a knot just won't do! :lol:

boxcar
11-28-2015, 02:48 PM

Yes, indeed. "Don't forget boys and girls: Pack your birth control paraphernalia. Better to be safe than sorry."

TBD
11-28-2015, 07:30 PM
Yes Classhandicapper, the whole country is a mental health facility.

Stillriledup
11-29-2015, 12:05 AM
Yes, Marsha joined the Boy Scouts with Greg, then decided afterwards she didn't want to be a member after a trip in the woods. Maybe this is where these dingbats got the idea.

If I remember correctly, she didnt really want to be a member, she just wanted to prove a girl could pass the 'tests'.

TJDave
11-29-2015, 02:40 PM

Scouting is dying. Akin to putting slots at tracks.

delayjf
11-30-2015, 05:37 PM

It’s not that I’m "offended", I'm just pointing out that mixing male and female teenagers on overnight camping trips is a bad idea. To do so injects a male / female (sexual) relationship component into the scouting paradigm which would alter the group dynamic in a way that would distract for the purpose of the organization. Is that really necessary, and what is gained by mixing boys and girls together?

The American military has experienced how this male/female dynamic works out. One example, when I was deployed to Somalia, our battalion has several woman Marines in our unit. In the four months I was there, we had to send 45 female marines home for getting pregnant. I had a Navy Captain tell me that he had to send home every female on-board his ship home due to pregnancy. Rules that forbid fraternization do nothing to deter personal relationships from forming.

Bottom line, you mix young men and women together and you’re going to have sex.

Tom
11-30-2015, 08:58 PM
Hey, if that chick wants to be a BOY scout, let her go have and adadictome and show her sincerity.

There is no reason to be the wrong sex anymore, not in this enlightened day and age.

BOY scouts mean BOYS.
GIRL scouts means GIRLS.

No one has a right to join a private group that doesn't want them in it. No matter how much it upsets the sexually confused democrats.

Steve 'StatMan'
11-30-2015, 10:18 PM
It is possible to put an entire country in a mental health facility?

Alas, therapy only helps if the patient wants to change. :(