PDA

View Full Version : Funny Cide to go in Mass Cap Saturday

cj
06-15-2004, 06:15 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/56454.html

No superstars in here, if he can't beat these guys, what's next? Penn, of Finger Lakes? :D:D:D

Buckeye
06-15-2004, 07:11 PM
Can he pull a sulky? :)

CryingForTheHorses
06-15-2004, 07:20 PM
I am a big fan of Funnycide,But Im dismayed in his fast work..59 with "The Girl' on his back, Im not sure he wants 2 turns anymore,I sure hope the horses are so bad his class will beat them,Hate to see a speed dual,Hope "This Jock" doesnt fall victom to the pace if pushed.Will also hate to see him on the lead out of the gate,Suffolk Downs track is weird..sometimes deep, sometimes very hard..Im sure Mass Cap day they wll have it rock hard..J Hampshire and the boys hate to see the money leave home, They will be whipping and slashing

JustRalph
06-15-2004, 09:16 PM
Bowmans Band ain't no slouch..........! pardon the grammar

Tom
06-15-2004, 11:10 PM
Finger Lakes to Funnycide: "Bring it on!" :D

He, give us credit-we had Groovy, That super fast filly who won a BC Sprint, and a few other big name horses run here.
Oh, and Zippy Chippy.

cj
06-16-2004, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Tom
Finger Lakes to Funnycide: "Bring it on!" :D

He, give us credit-we had Groovy, That super fast filly who won a BC Sprint, and a few other big name horses run here.
Oh, and Zippy Chippy.

I think Groovy would be a little upset that you think HE was a cross-dresser!
:eek: :eek:

kenwoodallpromos
06-16-2004, 01:47 AM
Somebody told him he is a gelding and no fun no matter how fast he runs.

cj
06-16-2004, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by JustRalph
Bowmans Band ain't no slouch..........! pardon the grammar

Funny Cide is a dual classic winner, Bowman's Band has been give many G1 oppurtunities and failed them all. I'm just saying if FC is the same horse he was, which is doubtful, a horse like BB would pose no problem.

JustRalph
06-16-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
Funny Cide is a dual classic winner, Bowman's Band has been give many G1 oppurtunities and failed them all. I'm just saying if FC is the same horse he was, which is doubtful, a horse like BB would pose no problem.

I think they have proven that Funny isn't the same horse. I would like to see him come back to form, but until something changes, I think BB has a shot

andicap
06-16-2004, 12:25 PM
Has FC's speed ratings remained the same since the TC or declined. Is it that he is not the same horse, or he is the same horse and everyone else has gotten better as they went from 3 to 4.
Tagg is having a terrible Belmont meet BTW. Is he doing any better in the mid-Atlantic?

cj
06-16-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by andicap
Has FC's speed ratings remained the same since the TC or declined. Is it that he is not the same horse, or he is the same horse and everyone else has gotten better as they went from 3 to 4.
Tagg is having a terrible Belmont meet BTW. Is he doing any better in the mid-Atlantic?

By my numbers, he's ran a couple nearly as fast as his TC wins. That is why I hold out some slight hope he will rebound. I'm going to post the Mass Cap on my site, you'll be able to see for yourself.

The problem is, he hasn't gotten all the way back to that level, which is a bad sign for a 4yo. And he throws in those clunkers too...

JustRalph
06-16-2004, 04:25 PM
anybody have the info to compare him to Monarcho's?
He is starting to look like him.......although if I remember right Monarcho's tanked even worse

cj
06-16-2004, 04:32 PM
I'm pretty sure Monarchos never won another race. Funny Cide has won 2, including a graded stake over Evening Attire. He's not totally dead yet.

cj
06-16-2004, 04:36 PM
To be honest, I think what Funny Cide needs is a real long, 6 month or more, break from training. Just hanging out, eating, getting fat. Then hit the trail again. This guy has basically been in non-stop training since September, 2002.

CryingForTheHorses
06-16-2004, 05:18 PM
CJ you may have hit the nail on the head..Myself I would love to see him run 7/8 as I think he would run down in 122 or better.I also think his problem is "The girl".Not saying she is a bad hand!!..This horse runs off with her..He is tooo strong..needs to slow down in the morn..I have watched him train and he looks like a streak..everyday!!...Mr Tagg is a very good trainer but I feel love is thicker then horses..Maybe needs to rethink FC training cause if I was the owner, I would be wary of his progress...I keep hoping to see a yellow school bus pulling into the parkng lot.

Tom
06-16-2004, 08:10 PM
I meant Groovy and that filly......LOL

Buckeye
06-16-2004, 09:02 PM
Dayjur jumped shadows at the wire which cost him the win over the very fast Safely Kept.
(Oct. 27, 1990 at Belmont Park)

Dayjur was said to be the fastest horse in Europe. He pulled to a slight lead in the stretch over the filly Safely Kept in the `90 Sprint, but Dayjur twice jumped a shadow cast by the grandstand onto the track. Safely Kept won by a neck under Craig Perret, with Dayjur finishing second.

SAFELY KEPT 1990 Race Record: 10- 8-0-0 $ 959,280
Lifetime Record: 31-24-2-3 $2,194,206

- Champion Sprinter in 1989

- Won Breeders' Cup Sprint (G1) at Belmont Park in 1990
- Equalled the track record of 1:08 2/5 for six furlongs at Garden State Park (1991)

Tom
06-16-2004, 09:48 PM
It was either Safely Kept of Pine Tree something or other that won FL. We use ot have a G3 stakes race at 6Furlongs, then droped it and had a G3 nine furlong that we dropped, too. Local got tired of watching thier purse money go bye-bye every year.
Suffer the fans.
:mad:

Figman
06-16-2004, 10:59 PM
Pine Tree Lane

cj
06-17-2004, 04:40 PM
Bowman's Band was not entered, will await the Suburban.

Andi,

The numbers are posted for Funny Cide.

Suff
06-17-2004, 04:44 PM
Not a Bad Field all things Considered

Offllee wild, Rogue agent, Savara (prepping) FC, Evening attire.

CJ

Remember what Porticelli tolds us? Suffloks surface is IDENTICAL to the Aqueduct Inner. Its a winterized track.. Deep with a thick Sand base.

Cap accordingly...and check Suffolks works if any went over the strip this week.

Tee
06-17-2004, 05:04 PM
What is Sarava prepping for?

Sarava has health problems, which are the reason for all the gaps in his schedule.

Baffert is hoping the deep surface @ Suffolk will feel better on the tender feet of Sarava, he is expecting an effort far more than a prep.

CryingForTheHorses
06-17-2004, 05:33 PM
Not so sure they will have track deep,Last Mass cap I saw was Skip Away and I know they went fast,Horses were running fast all day,But that was then!.J Hampshire and the boys will be gunnin from the gate,Boston trainers love to see the jocks very busy on their horses,They dont seem to know the word finesse,want them guys to whip and slash..worst place in the entire USA for abuse of the whip, I know from past experince, If your at the races that day..Just watch the jocks..out of the gate..whipping and slashing

cj
06-19-2004, 04:45 PM
Mosely in 1:09 1/5...not deep at all. Nice race by Gators N Bears, blew them away!