PDA

View Full Version : CERTAIN CONSPIRACY THEORISTS WOULD HAVE DIED OVER THIS!!!

NorCalGreg
11-24-2015, 08:11 PM
You know who you are. I think it's actually comical. And this was MY HORSE!!
Well, I don't own it--just bet on it, so it was mine for a minute & change.

Here's the chartmakers comment for the 2nd @ Parx yesterday:

RUBY'S LOVE, very fractious in the gate, it appeared that his head was being pushed down while trying to be controlled by an assistant starter, broke in tangle and well behind the field, was outrun early, moved wide rallying and finished strongly.

That damn assitant starter was in on it....plain as day. He should have just used the standard "clothesline" move, the other guys use, so it wouldn't be so damn obvious.

BTW.....I didn't make this up----this actually happened---just want the conspiracy guys to know it happens to "regular" guys too.

EMD4ME
11-24-2015, 08:49 PM

RUBY'S LOVE, very fractious in the gate, it appeared that his head was being pushed down while trying to be controlled by an assistant starter, broke in tangle and well behind the field, was outrun early, moved wide rallying and finished strongly.

That damn assitant starter was in on it....plain as day. He should have just used the standard "clothesline" move, the other guys use, so it wouldn't be so damn obvious.

BTW.....I didn't make this up----this actually happened---just want the conspiracy guys to know it happens to "regular" guys too.

You're crazy. None of this stuff happens.

Nothing to see there, move on.

You're crazy to even suggest it.

Just kidding NCG :) Just giving the response many people love to give when ray charles can see there's something afoul.

appistappis
11-24-2015, 08:53 PM
I had this horse also and the 9 in the 7th at turf para where the gate didnt open and their was no refund

EMD4ME
11-24-2015, 08:59 PM
Watched the replay a dozen times (head on mostly). Honestly, I saw the horse being rank, starter let go as he was supposed to on time but the horse was bobbing his head the entire time and did so again right before the gate opened. I don't see the starter pushing his head down.

NorCalGreg
11-24-2015, 09:00 PM
You're crazy. None of this stuff happens.

Nothing to see there, move on.

You're crazy to even suggest it.
Just kidding NCG :) Just giving the response many people love to give when ray charles can see there's something afoul.

Remember when they used to actually have a real starter? He would raise a little flag--when all the horses were settled in calmly?

The announcer (at least the one's out here) would say "THE FLAG IS UP"

"THERE OFF!" or something like that.

Who would have signaled to open the gate if horses are fractious, and Ruby's Love has her head pushed down in an attempt to control her?

I don't know why they stopped with the flag.

NorCalGreg
11-24-2015, 09:02 PM
Watched the replay a dozen times (head on mostly). Honestly, I saw the horse being rank, starter let go as he was supposed to on time but the horse was bobbing his head the entire time and did so again right before the gate opened. I don't see the starter pushing his head down.

Replay I saw was so dark it was hard to see anything....wonder how the chartmaker saw that

EMD4ME
11-24-2015, 09:07 PM
Remember when they used tom actually have a real starter? He would raise a little flag--when all the horses were settled in calmly?

The announcer (at least the one's out here) would say "THE FLAG IS UP"

"THERE OFF!" or something like that.

Who would have signaled to open the gate if horses are fractious, and Ruby's Love has her head pushed down in an attempt to control her?

I don't know why they stopped with the flag.

You're asking the WRONG GUY LOL....

In my opinion, if a horse was acting the way THAT horse was acting, the starter would be fired for pushing the button after that start.

Horse should have been backed out OR at least wait till he settles for 3 seconds. This horse was bobbing his head and the assistant starter was choppy and rough with him in the stall. You could see the Assistant Starter put his leg out roughly onto the horse 5 seconds before the break.

I kept clamoring for the finish wire (that most tracks took away, PRX still has it) and they finally put a head on cam at Bel and the SPA now.

I truly think these "lapses in quality" are not just due to incompetence or human error.

There are many stories out there that if you don't tip the starters, your horse might be off slow due to coincidence LOL.

EMD4ME
11-24-2015, 09:08 PM
Replay I saw was so dark it was hard to see anything....wonder how the chartmaker saw that

Maybe he/she bet the 9 and was pissed at the assistant starter ? Who knows...

appistappis
11-24-2015, 09:37 PM
so much suspicion around the starting gate they should just put all the horses in a circle and throw a snake in.

EMD4ME
11-24-2015, 09:59 PM
so much suspicion around the starting gate they should just put all the horses in a circle and throw a snake in.

I say put all jockeys in a circle and throw a snake in :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was just kidding. I wouldn't wish that anyone.

Do tracks have a grading system for assistant starters? Demerits for slow starts that are deemed under their control?

ReplayRandall
11-24-2015, 10:06 PM

Ruby's Love was really Ruby Queen..... :lol:

EMD4ME
11-24-2015, 10:08 PM
Ruby's Love was really Ruby Queen..... :lol:

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :lol: :lol: :lol:

proximity
11-24-2015, 10:11 PM
I say put all jockeys in a circle and throw a snake in :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was just kidding. I wouldn't wish that anyone.

i thought you were going to say to put all the snakes in a circle and throw a jockey in. ;)

EMD4ME
11-24-2015, 10:17 PM
i thought you were going to say to put all the snakes in a circle and throw a jockey in. ;)

Ya know....I'm having a really bad day (not gambling, with real life) but if I wasn't, THAT would've been the true EMD thought !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm actually disappointed in myself :D But thankfully, my back up is there to set me straight :D

johnhannibalsmith
11-24-2015, 10:41 PM
I had this horse also and the 9 in the 7th at turf para where the gate didnt open and their was no refund

I've never liked allowing TBs to run in flipping rigs. Regular QH bettors are pretty accustomed to taking the bad with the good when it happens, but few TB bettors are remotely accustomed to factoring it into the equation when pumping 30k into the WPS pools.

NorCalGreg
11-25-2015, 01:31 AM
I've never liked allowing TBs to run in flipping rigs. Regular QH bettors are pretty accustomed to taking the bad with the good when it happens, but few TB bettors are remotely accustomed to factoring it into the equation when pumping 30k into the WPS pools.

30K? That's what EMD starts his show parlay with, while he waits for a prime bet :lol:

EMD4ME
11-25-2015, 07:51 AM
30K? That's what EMD starts his show parlay with, while he waits for a prime bet :lol:

Get OUTTA here :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stillriledup
11-25-2015, 12:38 PM
Get OUTTA here :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did Greg shortchange you? :D

EMD4ME
11-25-2015, 12:45 PM
Did Greg shortchange you? :D

I wish!!! You guys are out of your minds :lol: :lol:

Unless you guys are talking 30,000 pennies a race. Then we're much closer :lol:

Also........unless there is a MORTAL LOCK out there at the BIG A......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know, like a TP 2YO FTS :D :D :D

Stillriledup
11-25-2015, 02:01 PM
I wish!!! You guys are out of your minds :lol: :lol:

Unless you guys are talking 30,000 pennies a race. Then we're much closer :lol:

Also........unless there is a MORTAL LOCK out there at the BIG A......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know, like a TP 2YO FTS :D :D :D

My two favorite words (besides conspiracy theory) are?

Drumroll please.

MORTAL LOCK. :D