PDA

View Full Version : Dreamsgonewild

SG4
11-21-2015, 09:38 PM
Yikes, anyone see this horse at Laurel today? Really solid turf sprinter last few years, 6yo with almost 400k in the bank from 28 starts. Jamie Ness claims him out of a victory in a nw2x opt claimer for 30k at Monmouth in the end of Sept, comes back today for $7,500. Obviously red flags galore, but at least shows a bullet work 2 weeks ago & has McCarthy riding who appears to be his main man on this circuit, so wouldn't think he'd put him on a horse who's completely broken. Was hoping this was just an aggressive dare type move to make this horse eligible for starter races going forward, guess not. Long story short, this horse couldn't run a step the entire way, worst effort I've ever seen by a 2-5 shot, and nobody took the bait on the claim either. How can a horse go so far downhill in less than 2 months, especially when moving to a top claiming trainer? I feel like I see a lot of vet scratches in MD, so would think they have decent protocols, gotta be more to this story?

Stillriledup
11-22-2015, 05:16 AM
Woulda been nice to know nobody claimed him, you know, in advance.

lamboguy
11-22-2015, 10:18 AM
the real question is why would a smart trainer go in on a horse that a sharper trainer like Bruce Alexander have?

Brogan
11-22-2015, 11:20 AM
the real question is why would a smart trainer go in on a horse that a sharper trainer like Bruce Alexander have?+
Ness has better stuff than Alexander.