PDA

View Full Version : Uniforms

MutuelClerk
11-20-2015, 09:43 AM
Marketing is ruining sports. I know I'm getting old but I used to like turning to a channel and being able to recognize who's playing just by the uniform they were wearing. You can't do that anymore. I rarely watch on Thursday night flipped on NFL Network and saw what looked like James Tiberius Kirk eating a mustard sandwich on mustard bread and then throwing it up all over himself. Enough. Hate to go fiddler on the roof .Tradition.

Tom
11-20-2015, 09:51 AM
NFL Fruit Bowl.

Pathetic Thursday night games.
I don't eve bother tuning in anymore.
Can't stand to watch utter fools for 4 hours.

When do they switch from tackle to flags? :rolleyes:

Tor Ekman
11-20-2015, 10:28 AM
The only way the NFL is even watchable now is on DVR-delay so I can zap thru commercials, countless dead ball flags, replay reviews and half-time blather.

MutuelClerk
11-20-2015, 10:30 AM
Red Zone. Commercial free. Only way to watch NFL.

barahona44
11-25-2015, 09:44 AM
As for uniforms,I am getting sick & tired of this obsession with black uniforms, black pants in football look ridiculous.

Stillriledup
11-25-2015, 05:50 PM
Wait, you mean you find it hard to take the 'Steel Curtain' seriously when they look like bumblebees? :D

Tom
11-26-2015, 05:30 PM
I was looking forward to the Panthers/Cowboys, but Carolina showed up to play in their jammies and I have no clue who the other team is.

Watching Blue Bloods reruns now. Screw the NFL. Whats next, ballerina tights?

FantasticDan
11-26-2015, 05:52 PM
These new uniforms we've been seeing are Nike's new "Color Rush" jerseys. Just another way for the NFL/Nike to make another dollar or billion. :p

http://www.forbes.com/sites/simonogus/2015/11/26/cowboys-and-panthers-unveil-color-rush-thanksgiving-uniforms-with-plenty-on-the-line/

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/nfl/color-rush

Stillriledup
11-26-2015, 05:59 PM
These new uniforms we've been seeing are Nike's new "Color Rush" jerseys. Just another way for the NFL/Nike to make another dollar or billion. :p

http://www.forbes.com/sites/simonogus/2015/11/26/cowboys-and-panthers-unveil-color-rush-thanksgiving-uniforms-with-plenty-on-the-line/

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/nfl/color-rush

Yes, everyone is cashing in. Sell jerseys than 'outdate' the jersey with a new design and force the fans to wear 'yesterday's news' or splurge to keep up with the joneses.

barahona44
11-26-2015, 07:11 PM
Yes, everyone is cashing in. Sell jerseys than 'outdate' the jersey with a new design and force the fans to wear 'yesterday's news' or splurge to keep up with the joneses.

Exactly how are fans being 'forced' to buy the new team gear?

Stillriledup
11-26-2015, 08:48 PM

My mistake I should have put forced in quotes.

Tall One
11-26-2015, 11:35 PM
Just a money market for the league.

I have two jerseys, Reeboks.. Black 43 & White 7..No bumblebees here, SRU.. ;)

Good friend of mine, Raider fan, still wears his white Randy Moss 84.. :cool:

Tom
11-27-2015, 09:26 AM
Change the name to PFL.....Pathetic Football League.
Typical day yesterday, two totally horrible games, and then, when thy finally got a good, a 4 point game int he 4th quarter, the two knuckleheads in the booth all but abandoned the game in favor of interviewing Brett Favre in the booth. Even taking the camera off the game to show a fat old washed up man who hasn't done anything worth watching in 10 years. What did they think, he was going have to make a dash to the can and they could all pretend he was still playing?

Thanks GOD college football is back today.

Tom
11-27-2015, 09:28 AM

They prey upon the weak minds of the average football fans. :D

cj
11-27-2015, 12:08 PM
Call me crazy, but I liked those Panther uniforms yesterday. I'm sure that they were spanking Dallas while wearing them didn't hurt.

Tom
11-27-2015, 03:49 PM
I didn't watch hardly any of the game - did they have "trap doors" in the back side? :rolleyes:

Tall One
11-27-2015, 04:21 PM
Call me crazy, but I liked those Panther uniforms yesterday. I'm sure that they were spanking Dallas while wearing them didn't hurt.

:ThmbUp: :D

Tom
12-17-2015, 09:43 PM
Look like a bunch of crayons tonight!
Burnt Orange leading Raw Sienna by 7.

Games shouldn't count when they look like idiots.

cj
12-17-2015, 10:29 PM
I like the yellow, not the orange.