PDA

View Full Version : HM/TMM Race Card du Jour 6/15/04

kingfin66
06-15-2004, 02:22 AM
Today's card is Calder. Unfortunately, there isn't much value.

R5 - Here is my play of the day, and should be a big price. #1, Honorable Gal, has the second highest PPF and a nice PBS. The race is an 8f M25000 with a neutral pace scenario. There are multi VTRs in the race. #1 has a nice balance in the odds line. What I like about #1, is that in addition to decent ratings, he is really the only horse in the race that has shown that he can run fast on dirt. 8 of the 11 entries have raced on turf at least once. In fact, this would be a good race to use turf lines on. If you do that, it becomes all about #2 and #10. I still don't like to do this and will stick with my beloved #1 (beloved if he wins, otherwise a P-I-G).

Honorable Gal really looks to be ready to fire a big race. Here is a little contrarianism: It is the trainer's first start of the year at Crc or anywhere; the jockey is 0/11 on the year (lots of 000s for these connections); 0/26 lifetime. The public should hate this horse!

On the plus side, she has the 2 highest lifetime speed ratings in the race. If she runs her "normal" race, she has a chance to win. Anyway, this is my only play today, so please wish me and Honorable Gal the best of luck. May she end the day 1/27 and may Kingfin end the day a little richer.

Back with a place bet if you are playing along.

John
06-15-2004, 11:47 AM
KING good luck, Those are alot of "Goose eggs" to swallow

John

cj
06-15-2004, 01:09 PM
What have the overall results been so far for your posted HM picks? You were giving them for a few days, but not lately.

kingfin66
06-15-2004, 03:39 PM
I'll have to check those results. I can tell you today's was a distant 3rd at 11/1.

The first day I posted more picks than I normally would because I used horses lacking price. I'm trying to look at 1 card per day as time allows. Time did not allow Sun/Mon.

John
06-15-2004, 07:05 PM
Kingfin66

I watched [bet] the #1 horse in an exacta today with my favorite woman jockey Rosemary Homelster.

Jockey Cruz
11-0-0-2 gave a terrible ride. Horse broke good and looked like he would make the lead going in to the first turn. Jock chicken out and took a hold of her on the turn and refused the horse to run untill he got half way down the back stretch. Then with only two horse in front of him He goes ten wide and made 3nd easy. any other Jockey and this horse is at least 2nd. You picked the right horse, bad rider....." Honorable Gal, is in my horses to watch.

John

kingfin66
06-16-2004, 12:01 AM
Thanks John. As I noted, those connections were a little dicey. I thought for sure she would go hard out of the gate from the 1 hole and try to wire them. Sounds like Mr. Cruz doesn't get many mounts for a reason. Just be careful next time out, she may not get such a good spot. 0/27...sigh.