PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct: Wednesday, November 18 Live!

Teach
11-18-2015, 11:38 AM
Good morning from Beantown. Be back in a half with my first-race pick.

Teach
11-18-2015, 12:13 PM
Race One: There’s speed outside. Question: Will it lead to a speed duel? :6: Perfect Disco is my mild upset choice. A lot goin’ for this lightly-raced 5-year-old gelding: Well-bred. Solid trainer-rider combo: Gary Gullo and Gabe Saez. Third off a layoff. Sharp three-panel work. Class dropper. Yet, speed rating is well below average winning speed. I’m gonna mention a name and a number that might…if a speed duel develops up front, might just surprise and add value to an exotic. Before you say, “Tu sei pazzo” or “abuelo loco”…yes, the deuce, :2: , In The Beat. The race must set up for him, perfectly if he’s to have a chance. Yet… Make no mistake: this Street Cry-bred gelding does have a chance of gracing the “Big A” tote-board. Yes, I know NYRA’s Andy Serling picked this horse, but I swear that I’m telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth when I say that I independently arrived at the same conclusion…that is that this gelding has a chance. The other “logical subjects” and “horses of interest” are: :7: First Bid. As Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler would say: “Love In An Elevator…Living It Up While Goin’ Down!” Yes, this horse is goin’ down…at least, down in “the selling ranks”. He’s logical. He fits. Does he win? Finally, :3: McKenzie’s Way, with “the bug,” Harry Hernandez, for David Jacobson. Good Luck…and “Have A Good day at ‘The Big A’”.

Teach
11-18-2015, 12:45 PM
Race Two: :5: Wicked One (In Boston, "wicked" is good!) is my pick in this maiden-claiming sprint. This Mark Casse-trainee is now dropping into the "selling ranks" after competing against better in the MSW category. The filly is also cutting back a panel off her last out-of-the money effort. This In Summation-bred filly is now in with the kind she should handle. Add to the mix the filly's chauffeur, the "hot as a petardo" Panamanian-born Jose Lezcano. Others you might consider are: Rick Violette, Jr.'s :1: Kalabaka. This Tapit-bred filly was second in both of her races. She's proven she can compete at this level. Others to consider are the Todd Pletcher trainee, :6: Voided Contract and Tom Morley's :3: Antebellum.

Teach
11-18-2015, 01:13 PM
Race Three: The two horses that stand out - At Least In My Mind - are: :7: Request and :6: Grey Wizard. Underneath, I'm looking at :3: Roccia d'Oro; :8: East Bay Lodge and :2: Corturnix

Teach
11-18-2015, 01:45 PM
Race Four: :6: Big Al Parker. Underneath: :5: , :11: , :12:

Teach
11-18-2015, 02:06 PM
Race Five: :10: Williams'luckygray. Others: :8: , :7: , :5: , :4:

Teach
11-18-2015, 02:37 PM
Race Six: :5: , :9: , :7: , :4: . :1: / :1a:

Teach
11-18-2015, 03:09 PM
Late Pick-3