PDA

View Full Version : Super High Five (Rules Clarification)

FlintAtTheFetlock
11-14-2015, 12:51 PM
Hey Folks,

This is becoming a favorite bet of mine having hit a handful in last week including back to back at Hawthorn which has the big jackpot carryover. I have several questions I have been unable to answer.

1. On scratches, if I have a single in the 3, 4 or 5 hole and that horse scratches, my ticket is toast. How do the tracks handle that? I quickly cancelled my bet recently when this happened in case they swooped it up without considering consolation payout. They also pay for top 4 of 5 if no single ticket has all 5. I think my rule should be to never cancel a single if in the last (5th) position but do cancel any singles in other spots. Do I have that correct?

2. On Jackpot SH5 as I stated at Hawthorn I had a winning ticket paid $1900.00+. I thought for a second I might have brought down the jackpot. Where can you find out how many winning tickets there were on that race and play? Do you have to figure it out from total pool - takeout or is there a website you can get the simple number of total winners? I did not see it on the BRISNET flash results.

3. This may seem like a stupid question, but if I am chasing a jackpot I should never have overlap on any multiple tickets in case lightening strikes twice. That would not be considered a single winning ticket right? They don't check to see if bet came out of same online account do they? That would be tragic if someone has the jackpot but punched it twice. Am I mistaken on this?

Thanks in advance. I can't pick winners but seem to be able to nail those clunky 4th and 5th place finishers :)

betovernetcapper
11-14-2015, 03:48 PM
Hey Folks,

3. This may seem like a stupid question, but if I am chasing a jackpot I should never have overlap on any multiple tickets in case lightening strikes twice. That would not be considered a single winning ticket right? They don't check to see if bet came out of same online account do they? That would be tragic if someone has the jackpot but punched it twice. Am I mistaken on this?

Thanks in advance. I can't pick winners but seem to be able to nail those clunky 4th and 5th place finishers :)

I can't answer all your questions, but the big payout is only given when there is a single unique ticket. If there are 2 or more tickets, then 50% of the days pic5 pool (-20% takeout) is paid to winning tickets. Given the number of reasonable combinations required to pick a winning ticket, this can be a pretty expensive bet. If your playing & hitting it a few times a week, then go for it. Given the structure of the bet, winning the total pool seems a tall order. :)

Stillriledup
11-14-2015, 06:54 PM
If your ticket is dependent on one horse and that horse scratches, its a full refund. For example, if you bet. a/a/3/a/a and the 3 was late scratch, you get all your money back as if you never bet.

Equibase charts will tell you pool size, but you have to do the math to see if there was one winner.

As far as you hitting it twice, its how many tickets win not how many people win. So no, they don't care if one person was the winner, it has to be one ticket.

If you have a leg with multiple horses and one scratches and you also have the favorite who wins, they treat it as 2 tickets even though you purchased one ticket.

betovernetcapper
11-14-2015, 08:16 PM
The payoff today was $130, leaving a carryover of $80,900. It's entirely possible that no one will hit it as a unique ticket. The last day of the meeting is Dec 30th & that might be the day to go in all hog as there would be a mandatory payout of the pool.
Just a thought. :)