PDA

View Full Version : Pace Handicapping Correlations?

Maxspa
06-14-2004, 09:37 PM
All,
Is there a book or publication that you would recommend for pace handicapping correlations that produce positive results? I've read Brohamer's book and several others as well. Perhaps your suggestions would initiate some handicapping approaches I'm not aware of.
For example Tom, some time ago, explained a pace position theory that has some merit and I use it to narrow down exact contenders. Often times it's a suggestion like this that strengthens your own methodology as well as sparks new ideas.
Thanks in advance!
Maxspa

JimL
06-15-2004, 11:54 AM
Maxspa,you might like to check out the running style, position methodology of Jim Cramer. It was an eye opener for me. Take a look at www.rspos.com. Not a link just type it in. JimL

Maxspa
06-15-2004, 12:08 PM
Jim,
Thanks for the suggestion! I wish Jim would develop a software that would allow handicapping choices. When I mentioned that to Ron Tiller, a cold day in hell would come first!
Maxspa

aaron
06-15-2004, 12:15 PM
Cary Fotias has written Blinkers Off.Check out his website equiform.com.
I think his book will show you patterns with regards to pace.

Maxspa
06-15-2004, 12:28 PM
Aaron,
I will check the web -site asap! Thank you for taking the time to respond!
Maxspa

Maxspa
06-15-2004, 12:47 PM
Aaron,
I just checked out the web-site and decided to order "Blinkers Off"
Again thank you for your suggestion!
Maxspa

Tom
06-15-2004, 10:04 PM
Foitas has some very usable ideas in his book. the RSPos stuff is pretty decent-it forces you to be consistent in your rS calls and in when to throw out a horse on the match up. I use the ideas behind it for the pace analysis part of my handicapping.

Figman
06-15-2004, 10:40 PM
Fotias has appeared with Nick Kling a couple of time on the Capital OTB's TV-12 Sunday morning show in the Saratoga area. Fotias seems like quite a likeable and dedicated handicapping guy. His voice and presentation is quite similar to Andy Beyer as may be his age. I don't have his book but would think from what I have seen of Fotias on two occasions, the book may be alright!

Maxspa
06-15-2004, 10:43 PM
Tom,
Thanks for the reply! Pace position is so important, particularly in exacta betting. The one time you leave out an S horse with a 2 or less lv it'll come back and bite you for sure!
Maxspa

Tom
06-15-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Maxspa
Tom,
Thanks for the reply! Pace position is so important, particularly in exacta betting. The one time you leave out an S horse with a 2 or less lv it'll come back and bite you for sure!
Maxspa

See thread Colonial Colony - $127!
Yep-you only have to be right every 63 times to still make a little with horses like this one. And Birdbrain in the Belmont-anohter late pace horse. I find some huge overlays amoung the late runners because everyone seem to focus on early speed.

Maxspa
06-15-2004, 11:06 PM
Figman,
These guys have had many of the top handicappers on their show. I watched Ed Bain several times! I never heard of Fotias before today but he was on the Las Vegas DRF Roster. Nick Kling has really developed into quite a handicapper and can successfully challenge the New York City cappers.Didn't he have a positive R.O.I. for the Saratoga meet either last year or the one prior?
I'm anxious to read "Blinkers Off" and will let you know my thoughts on its value.
Keep the faith Saratoga is about a month away!
Maxspa

delayjf
06-16-2004, 11:48 AM
Tom,
Which thread are you refering to? And is it your opinion that the Stephen Foster fell apart late. IMHO that's how the Santa Anita Derby winner was able to get up at 30-1.