PDA

View Full Version : Delta Downs 8th race refund 11/13

cnollfan
11-13-2015, 10:21 PM
What happened to the 8th race at Delta on Friday?

green80
11-13-2015, 10:29 PM
They could not get the starting gate off the track in time, the connection to the tractor broke. Declared no contest.

jeebus1083
11-13-2015, 10:32 PM
Don Stevens announced that all wagers were refundable. Does that mean the Pick 3 and 4 starting with that race are cancelled or will they pay the race to ALL?

cnollfan
11-13-2015, 10:37 PM
Thank you.

Stillriledup
11-13-2015, 10:41 PM
Don Stevens announced that all wagers were refundable. Does that mean the Pick 3 and 4 starting with that race are cancelled or will they pay the race to ALL?

Funny how in racing, the winning bettors are always the ones to pay for the incompetence of others.

NorCalGreg
11-13-2015, 11:04 PM
Funny how in racing, the winning bettors are always the ones to pay for the incompetence of others.

Which winning bettors? There weren't any. The gate was stuck on the track.

jeebus asked if the p-3, p-4 would be auto-canceled, or played as an "all" for that race--good question.

Stillriledup
11-14-2015, 01:22 AM
Which winning bettors? There weren't any. The gate was stuck on the track.

jeebus asked if the p-3, p-4 would be auto-canceled, or played as an "all" for that race--good question.

The top 2 favorites were far ahead of the field, they were finishing 1-2 in some order.

jeebus1083
11-14-2015, 05:01 AM

Apparently, the track lied or didn't provide all the facts.

Pick 3 and Pick 4 paid ALL for the kickoff leg. I was a loser after Leg 2.

Considering that the track announced that ALL wagers are refundable, yet Twinspires never offered me one when I went to customer service prior to the running of the 2nd leg, I want my money back on the wager.

therussmeister
11-14-2015, 12:10 PM

Apparently, the track lied or didn't provide all the facts.

Pick 3 and Pick 4 paid ALL for the kickoff leg. I was a loser after Leg 2.

Considering that the track announced that ALL wagers are refundable, yet Twinspires never offered me one when I went to customer service prior to the running of the 2nd leg, I want my money back on the wager.
So you see, sometimes the losers pay for the incompetence of others.

jeebus1083
11-15-2015, 11:59 AM
I contacted Twinspires protesting, as the track announcer and the simo feed said ALL wagers on the 8th were refundable. Twinspires basically cited LA parimutuel law saying how the wagers were straight and exacta/quinella/tri/super and that multi race wagers were paid to ALL. I was encouraged to contact Delta's mutuel department since they are the host track. I did, leaving a message and no response to my inquiry.

jeebus1083
11-15-2015, 12:03 PM
So you see, sometimes the losers pay for the incompetence of others.

Don Stevens never said that P3/P4 bets would be an ALL sequence, but that ALL wagers were refundable. That is on the track and since they did not make the policy clear, my P4 wager should be null and void.

Of course, I would have taken the payout had my P4 won with the automatic ALL in the 8th. However, this is principle.

cj
11-15-2015, 12:22 PM
Don Stevens never said that P3/P4 bets would be an ALL sequence, but that ALL wagers were refundable. That is on the track and since they did not make the policy clear, my P4 wager should be null and void.

Of course, I would have taken the payout had my P4 won with the automatic ALL in the 8th. However, this is principle.

No offense, I wouldn't be happy either, but the announcer is only passing on what he is told. I'm sure they did exactly what the law mandates and used a poor choice of words. Obviously multi-race bets weren't included. You don't get a refund because the statement was poorly worded.

Donttellmeshowme
11-15-2015, 12:24 PM

Dude come on give it a rest P3/P4 wagers are not refundable. Only W-P-S exacta tri's suppers are refundable. Its not there let it go. So he screwed up and said all wagers were refundable. What he meant was all wagers on that race are refundable except P3 and P4.