PDA

View Full Version : Peter Berry at Charlestown?

Donttellmeshowme
11-11-2015, 07:07 PM
Hes filling in or is this permanent?

chenoa
11-11-2015, 07:12 PM
Hes filling in or is this permanent?

He is filling in here and there. They are currently seeking a full time announcer!!

bello
11-11-2015, 07:15 PM
Hope they find a good old American!

Just kidding Peter....You know I am one of your biggest fans!!

tanner12oz
11-11-2015, 07:21 PM
They had someone else over the weekend..i like peter berry..good voice, very funny but serious when needed, doesn't overcall

HuggingTheRail
11-11-2015, 07:57 PM
Thanks for posting this....huge PB fan - I don't normally watch Charlestown, but I will now!

dragon49
11-11-2015, 08:35 PM
Many, Many thanks for posting! I miss Mountaineer and am saddened that their schedule was cut this year. I just logged in to my ADW and see that they offer live video feeds of Charles Town and caught the familiar voice announcing.

Now, somebody needs to talk the track owners into hiring Mark Patterson and Nancy McMichael, so they can put on the same quality pre-race show that they put on at the mountain.

I just checked out the Charles Town web site. They offer racing all year round. I did not know that.

no breathalyzer
11-11-2015, 09:25 PM
Peter Berry pretty solid announcer....

cutchemist42
11-11-2015, 11:12 PM
Honestly, he is my fave in the game.

Zaf
11-11-2015, 11:34 PM
Yes Peter Berry , Michael Wrona, Larry Collmus, Travis Stone are the best in the game :jump:

Z

Peter Berry
11-12-2015, 12:02 AM
Thanks for all the kind words; very humbling. I'm calling at Charles Town through Saturday this week and most likely will be back again sometime soon. In a perfect world I'd call for seven months at Mountaineer and five at Charles Town.

chaz63
11-12-2015, 08:57 AM
Would love to see that happen!

Wickel
11-12-2015, 01:15 PM
Yes Peter Berry , Michael Wrona, Larry Collmus, Travis Stone are the best in the game :jump:

Z

Ditto to that. All great American announcers.

mountainman
11-12-2015, 01:26 PM
Many, Many thanks for posting! I miss Mountaineer and am saddened that their schedule was cut this year. I just logged in to my ADW and see that they offer live video feeds of Charles Town and caught the familiar voice announcing.

Now, somebody needs to talk the track owners into hiring Mark Patterson and Nancy McMichael, so they can put on the same quality pre-race show that they put on at the mountain.

I just checked out the Charles Town web site. They offer racing all year round. I did not know that.

My commentary at another track would not be as compelling. To be honest, my strongest suit is a longstanding and intimate knowledge of all things Mnr.

I'm more provincial and less mobile than some other top analysts. And I readily acknowledge that.

Pete is an international man of mystery. Me and the blonde are simple country folk.

But just one shameless plug....if Pace will permit it. Check out my latest blog: Mnr's ten most significant moments...

v j stauffer
11-12-2015, 01:32 PM
My commentary at another track would not be as compelling. To be honest, my strongest suit is a longstanding and intimate knowledge of all things Mnr.

I'm more provincial and less mobile than some other top analysts. And I readily acknowledge that.

Pete is an international man of mystery. Me and the blonde are simple country folk.

Complete crappola.

You'd be excellent wherever you landed.

mountainman
11-12-2015, 01:44 PM
Complete crappola.

You'd be excellent wherever you landed.

Much respect as always.

rrpic6
11-12-2015, 05:16 PM

But just one shameless plug....if Pace will permit it. Check out my latest blog: Mnr's ten most significant moments...

Good read Mountainman! They differ from my top 10 moments at Mountaineer tho...:eek:;).....now back to the topic at hand.

RR

jballscalls
11-12-2015, 05:45 PM
Thanks for all the kind words; very humbling. I'm calling at Charles Town through Saturday this week and most likely will be back again sometime soon. In a perfect world I'd call for seven months at Mountaineer and five at Charles Town.

I'll fill in the 7 you're at Mountain. I'm bored as heck over here!

EMD4ME
11-12-2015, 05:46 PM
I'll fill in the 7 you're at Mountain. I'm bored as heck over here!

GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!! Let's make that happen!!!!

mountainman
11-12-2015, 05:59 PM
Good read Mountainman! They differ from my top 10 moments at Mountaineer tho...:eek:;).....now back to the topic at hand.

RR

Tx, pal. And your top 10 is supposed to differ from mine. I'd love to hear them, and that's the real fun.

Have heard good things about your selections, btw.

proximity
11-12-2015, 09:16 PM
Me and the blonde are simple country folk.

this is Charles town.

bello
11-12-2015, 10:43 PM
Just finished a night at CT...Great job Peter. But you got to admit the 7 won the photo race 2....Cost me the dd and p4.

comet52
11-14-2015, 11:25 AM
So.. what happened to the guy who called Chucktown, the guy so many here loved to hate? I didn't mind him but he was kinda sloppy.

cj
11-14-2015, 11:26 AM
So.. what happened to the guy who called Chucktown, the guy so many here loved to hate? I didn't mind him but he was kinda sloppy.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127027