PDA

View Full Version : Happy Veterans Day

MONEY
11-11-2015, 11:15 AM
Today I will treat all of the Veterans that I hang out with at the track to lunch, and there's a bunch of them.

Happy Veterans Day to all of you wonderful U.S. Veterans.

Tom
11-11-2015, 12:37 PM
Nice gesture! :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Greyfox
11-11-2015, 01:09 PM
Lest we forget all of the brave souls who sacrificed so much in all wars for the freedoms we enjoy today.

Dave Schwartz
11-11-2015, 01:42 PM
Lest we forget all of the brave souls who sacrificed so much in all wars for the freedoms we enjoy today.

Indeed!

If you showed up you were a hero in my book. (Not everyone did.)

And if you sacrificed you're a super hero.

:ThmbUp:

lamboguy
11-11-2015, 01:50 PM
Today I will treat all of the Veterans that I hang out with at the track to lunch, and there's a bunch of them.

Happy Veterans Day to all of you wonderful U.S. Veterans.that is one great idea, i am going to steal it from you next year

PICSIX
11-11-2015, 01:58 PM
Thank you to all Veterans and those who currently serve in the military. :ThmbUp:

cj
11-11-2015, 04:23 PM
I found this picture I thought was pretty cool. No, we didn't sleep all the time but were usually so tired you slept every chance you got. I was in traveling from Kabul to Kandahar here.

CryingForTheHorses
11-11-2015, 06:41 PM
Indeed!

If you showed up you were a hero in my book. (Not everyone did.)

And if you sacrificed you're a super hero.

:ThmbUp:

Being a Canadian,I was very lucky I didnt have to go in harms way,The way so many Americans have and over the years that I have lived here,I am astounded at how many families are either in the Military or have sons,Daughters,Fathers Mothers,serving,OR they have lost a member,The old guy next door has lost a son.Seems many Americans know war.You guys are the best!!..I watch Home coming videos and can feel the emotion that they feel,Even know I never served..Great Job Guys and Ladies..I salute you and Thank you ,If not for your sacrifices I would not be living here free!!

CryingForTheHorses
11-11-2015, 06:43 PM
Thank you to all Veterans and those who currently serve in the military. :ThmbUp:

Thank you Cody!!!!!

PICSIX
11-11-2015, 07:13 PM
Thank you Cody!!!!!

Thanks Tom....I'll let him know!

Hank
11-11-2015, 08:27 PM
I found this picture I thought was pretty cool. No, we didn't sleep all the time but were usually so tired you slept every chance you got. I was in traveling from Kabul to Kandahar here.

Boy that brings back memories .LOL Nothing like the "luxurious" Webb seating of a C-130 :ThmbDown:

NorCalGreg
11-11-2015, 10:23 PM

Happy Veterans Day to all of you wonderful U.S. Veterans.

Although I was only a lowly cook in the 1st Cav, I served my country. I served them pie, meatloaf, roast beef , and coffee. Now that I think about it---I haven't eaten that good since.

Very nice gesture, MONEY. I bestow on you the highest honor one citizen can give another in this country---you are a Good American. :ThmbUp:

nijinski
11-11-2015, 11:05 PM
Hope all of you Vets and those in your family who served had a wonderful day and Thank You !

cj
11-12-2015, 12:55 AM
Boy that brings back memories .LOL Nothing like the "luxurious" Webb seating of a C-130 :ThmbDown:

Guaranteed to put your butt to sleep!

plainolebill
11-12-2015, 12:59 AM
Happy Veteran's day to all that served.

To NorCalGreg if you thought Army chow was that good, I'd hate to eat at your house. :) *My brother in law was a crew chief in the 1st Cav.

Ocala Mike
11-12-2015, 04:02 PM
For Greg:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Cavalry_Division_(United_States)#/media/File:1st_Cavalry_Division_-_Shoulder_Sleeve_Insignia.svg

Saw that patch plenty while stationed in Korea, 1966-1967.

delayjf
11-12-2015, 04:10 PM
Boy that brings back memories .LOL Nothing like the "luxurious" Webb seating of a C-130

At least with a C-130 you can stretch your legs out a bit. C-5 and C-141 can get cramped in their airline style of seating. To me the bad thing about a C-130 is that its slow.

iceknight
11-12-2015, 06:18 PM
Didnt logon yesterday but thought of you CJ. nice to see your pic.

And Yes Happy Veteran's day to all who served and Armistice Day for those from WW I