PDA

View Full Version : What are some good home pages?

Inner Dirt
11-10-2015, 08:44 PM
Any suggestions? Even though I have a Hotmail Account I am done with MSN who I have used as a home page since I can remember. The last straw was seeing a huge picture of Caitlyn Jenner when I opened it up this morning. I really just need a local weather setting, sports scores and top breaking news at the ready.

FantasticDan
11-10-2015, 08:46 PM
Any suggestions? Even though I have a Hotmail Account I am done with MSN who I have used as a home page since I can remember. The last straw was seeing a huge picture of Caitlyn Jenner when I opened it up this morning.You didn't like her dress? :p

thaskalos
11-10-2015, 08:47 PM
Any suggestions? Even though I have a Hotmail Account I am done with MSN who I have used as a home page since I can remember. The last straw was seeing a huge picture of Caitlyn Jenner when I opened it up this morning. I really just need a local weather setting, sports scores and top breaking news at the ready.

What...you got something against "courageous people"?

Augenj
11-10-2015, 08:53 PM
Any suggestions? Even though I have a Hotmail Account I am done with MSN who I have used as a home page since I can remember. The last straw was seeing a huge picture of Caitlyn Jenner when I opened it up this morning. I really just need a local weather setting, sports scores and top breaking news at the ready. :lol: :lol:
Have you tried Google News? You can tune it as you want to. National and International News, local weather, etc.
https://news.google.com/nwshp?hl=en&tab=nn&pog=false

sammy the sage
11-10-2015, 08:56 PM
Hot Sheet

gives me a MULTITUDE of choices....

rastajenk
11-10-2015, 09:31 PM
What's the point of a home page these days? Or in days past, for that matter? Is a definition of a home page the first thing you see when you fire up the interwebs? If so, then for me it's Weather Underground. Then, on to any of several dozen Favorites. No Caitlyn surprises for me. :jump:

Clocker
11-10-2015, 10:29 PM
Have you tried Google News? You can tune it as you want to. National and International News, local weather, etc.
https://news.google.com/nwshp?hl=en&tab=nn&pog=false

This is what I use. I used to use the similar Yahoo news page, but now every other "news" story is "sponsored". Which is to say, an ad masquerading as a news story. Too bad, because I used to find Yahoo to have the best sports coverage of the major general sources.

Pick 'em Charlie
11-11-2015, 06:24 AM

Start Page (https://www.startpage.com/)

I use the above as a homepage. It's like the Google search page with the exception that it's in private and your searches are not tracked.

Tom
11-11-2015, 07:34 AM
Paceadvantage.

davew
11-11-2015, 08:59 AM
I use yahoo.com on one computer and blank page on anther (loads faster)

Tall One
11-11-2015, 09:27 AM
Paceadvantage.

Trying to score points with the Skipper?

Actually, ya beat me to it...:D

Inner Dirt
11-11-2015, 10:09 AM
You didn't like her dress? :p

It was a full face close-up, not something I wanted to look at while eating breakfast at my desk. Msn is great for shoving sexual deviates down your throat and ripping on anyone who doesn't worship them. I just like seeing my local weather and if I had new e-mail or not at a quick glance.
So far Google news looks the best to me.

FantasticDan
11-11-2015, 10:45 AM
It was a full face close-up, not something I wanted to look at while eating breakfast at my desk. Msn is great for shoving sexual deviates down your throat and ripping on anyone who doesn't worship them.Ain't it just like those sexual deviants to get in the way of a good breakfast :ThmbDown:

Tom
11-11-2015, 10:49 AM
She is doing a new cereal next year...Sweeties!

Steve 'StatMan'
11-11-2015, 11:21 AM
She is doing a new cereal next year...Sweeties!

Yes, and the box says "Caution: May contain traces of nuts."

Marshall Bennett
11-11-2015, 12:10 PM
Have Google homepage.