PDA

View Full Version : R8 Del Mar: Kathryn Crosby Stakes

Lemon Drop Husker
11-07-2015, 09:02 AM
Only 8 entrants in this field, but all 8 are intriguing in some form or fashion. Tough call to kick any horse, and if you are playing horizontally, this may well be an ALL option.

1 and 1/8ths mile on turf where it meets the surf.

:1: Nashoba's Gold: I've lost an entire year's salary on this one with her last two out. A drop in class is obviously needed, but the rail will likely not treat her kind. She'll look to rally from behind as usual. Question is whether this field is weak enough for her to pounce.

:2: Three Hearts: Hard knocking filly that has likely needed the rest. Probably won't win, but hard to dismiss in exotics.

:3: Sweet as a Rose: Can easily question the class of this horse, and if she can get it done rolling from behind amid this group. Tough read, but I can't dismiss in exotics.

:4: Cast in Silver: Last two are promising, and the connections of Hollendorfer and Garcia are solid. Biggest problem is she looks too easy to put on top.

:5: Beat of the Drum: Fits, and has run well enough in the states to get it done here. Got whipped by the :4: two races back. I'll completely pass.

:6: Energia Fribby: First race in the States and she went off at 28/1. Ran a rather uninteresting 3rd that day, and with the extra distance I expect her to get some action at the totes. Hard to leave off a ticket if playing exotics.

:7: Chaulk O' Lattey: In form as any horse in the race. Best jockey at the track and Baltas is as good as any in the barn. Serious contender that will likely be the chalk and has to be considered on top in all wagers.

:8: Full Ransom: Cross off the last race, and she still isn't good enough. Pass.

I'm taking the :4: Cast in Silver right now, but can easily change my mind 12 hours from now. This is a really interesting wide open race.

Bennie
11-07-2015, 10:27 AM
Lemon - looked at this race myself and can give a reason why at least 5 or 6 can win. Most likely will only "watch" this race but if I were to play will probably just use my "pet numbers" 1,7,4 and 7,1,4 in cold trifectas. The 1 is class of the race and the 7 looks like lone speed so toss in the 4 for my tri. If any of these scratch out might use the other two in a pick-4 and hope for the best.

Lemon Drop Husker
11-07-2015, 12:25 PM
Lemon - looked at this race myself and can give a reason why at least 5 or 6 can win. Most likely will only "watch" this race but if I were to play will probably just use my "pet numbers" 1,7,4 and 7,1,4 in cold trifectas. The 1 is class of the race and the 7 looks like lone speed so toss in the 4 for my tri. If any of these scratch out might use the other two in a pick-4 and hope for the best.

I'm gonna play because I know the :1: and :7: can be beat, even amongst this unsalty crew. They simply don't win.

These are the types of races that get my juices flowing to figure it out. I mean, I could have just fell off a turnip truck, or I could be on to something kind of thing.

Stillriledup
11-07-2015, 01:17 PM
Chalk o lattey is a throw out....unless you think they're going to hand her the race like they did last time.

JimmyQ
11-07-2015, 01:21 PM
Chalk o lattey is a throw out....unless you think they're going to hand her the race like they did last time.

I think One mile is the toughest distance to wire a field on the turf and the fact she has done it on a couple of occassions makes her very dangerous to me with the added half furlong. She's certainly not a cinch but I do believe she has a legitimate shot

JimmyQ