PDA

View Full Version : Brisnet Sire Stats

TravisVOX
06-13-2004, 08:13 PM
Did anyone purchase this?

If so, what is it like? Could someone send me a screenshot? I'm looking to add such a tool to my handicapping library for Saratoga this summer, and also Belmont Park until then, but cannot decide which to get. Considering Mike Helm's book as well.

Thanks!

travis@racecalling.com

The_Knight_Sky
06-13-2004, 08:35 PM
I have Mike Helm's Exploring Pedigree - the original textbook.

Be advised that you have to purchase an annual update
of the most recent sires as a supplement to that book,
in order to be up to speed on the latest developments.

Nonetheless I highly recommend it for players seeking wager value.
I just recently purchased from Gordon's Netcapper site and got it bookmarked.

Hope I'm not violating forum rules by posting a link to the book:
CLICK: Mike Helm's Exploring Pedigree (http://www.netcapper.bigstep.com/item.jhtml?UCIDs=806280%7C807594&PRID=634004)

If I am I apologize, Mr. moderator sir. ;)

Buddha
06-14-2004, 12:38 AM
It is kinda blurry, but I took a pic of part of a page. It is at http://home.comcast.net/~buddha61/sirestats.jpg

That will let you see hte basic layout.

Stallion, YOB SPI 1st Start Mud Startt Turf Start AWD Distance State

TravisVOX
06-14-2004, 10:15 AM
Does Mike Helm's text provide the same data and ratings? I like that look of the BRISNET product, very sharp. I'll be purchasing this today, depends which product though....

BillW
06-14-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by TravisVOX
Does Mike Helm's text provide the same data and ratings? I like that look of the BRISNET product, very sharp. I'll be purchasing this today, depends which product though....

Helm does not have the SPI or AWD, at least he doesn't have the SPI and AWD in numeric form, he does have a class rating (1 thru 10), stamina index and age bias ratings of 1 through 5 to indicate relative distance capability and age of expected maturity. Seems to be about the same type of information in somewhat different form.

It also looks like Bris has a few more sires covered. A quick count of Helms book shows 85 pages of of approx. 46 sires each page or around 3900 where Bris claims 4900.

Bill

TravisVOX
06-14-2004, 12:10 PM
Thanks BIllW. Much appreciated input. You just made the decision for me!