PDA

View Full Version : Behrnik's Bank

RXB
11-04-2015, 07:19 PM
2YO Pa-bred filly maiden (well, ex-maiden now), Penn National Race 3. Holy cow. You gotta see it. Not just the times and the winning margin, but also how she did it. Like a total pro and easy as pie.

no breathalyzer
11-04-2015, 07:54 PM
Indeed that was very impressive.

tanner12oz
11-04-2015, 08:28 PM
At 14-1 to boot...

wisconsin
11-04-2015, 10:12 PM
Mare's 4 foals that have run have all won, nice price, nice horse.

RXB
11-05-2015, 02:10 AM
The Blood Horse has posted an article which includes a video replay.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/95786/impressive-first-winner-for-bank-heist

Just so professional for a first-time starter.

cj
11-05-2015, 03:00 AM
106 TimeformUS Speed Figure for the winner. That is some 1st time starter.

RXB
11-25-2015, 06:42 PM
Just blew away a Pa-bred stakes field in Race 2 with similar ease.

Track Phantom
11-25-2015, 06:50 PM
TVG debated what she might be worth right now if sold privately. They said $200k. I think it is more like $900k. She could really be any kind. She has not been asked to run a step yet.

RXB
11-25-2015, 07:09 PM
TVG thinks she'd only fetch 200k? LOL LOL LOL LOL.

EMD4ME
11-25-2015, 07:29 PM
.78 seconds faster than the BC Sprint show finisher (4 year old boy).

This from a 2YO FILLY....

TonyK@HSH
11-25-2015, 07:34 PM
TVG debated what she might be worth right now if sold privately. They said $200k. I think it is more like $900k. She could really be any kind. She has not been asked to run a step yet.

Connections turned down $725,000 after maiden win.

RXB
11-25-2015, 07:37 PM
She looks like Ruffian out there and TVG thinks she's worth 200k.

tucker6
11-25-2015, 08:23 PM
She looks like Ruffian out there and TVG thinks she's worth 200k.
Honest to God, I thought about Ruffian when I saw her times.

tucker6
11-25-2015, 08:30 PM
Have you ever had a horse garner a 100 or above in their first two starts?

Stillriledup
11-25-2015, 08:46 PM
TVG thinks she'd only fetch 200k? LOL LOL LOL LOL.

Is it April 1st?

Her shoe would fetch 200k :D

Tall One
11-25-2015, 09:14 PM
just watched the replay...this is a very impressive filly.. :ThmbUp:

proximity
11-25-2015, 10:03 PM
wow, even bogar got excited!!

very impressive, indeed!!

lamboguy
11-25-2015, 10:14 PM
she is fast and smart, that's a good combination in this game. watching these 2 year olds grow and improve makes this an exciting sport.

cj
11-25-2015, 11:37 PM

113 tonight...no telling how fast this one is.

RXB
11-26-2015, 12:30 AM
The first two races of her career are very similar to those of Smarty Jones, in terms of class conditions, calibre of performances and time of year.

SG4
11-26-2015, 02:07 AM

I was eagerly anticipating the Fabulous Strike to see how the time of that race compared to Behrnik's Bank, and could not believe how much faster she went. A maiden race right after also happened to go faster than Favorite Tale's win, making it a very strange night to get a hold on speed figures. Based on the big prices underneath, I'm inclined to think almost the entire field threw a clunker in the Fabulous Strike, so it's hard to draw direct comparisons of her time to that race. Either way this filly is exciting, Xtra Heat comes to mind so far based on devastating races and humble beginnings, but even she was slow on figures for awhile as a youngster.

cj
11-26-2015, 02:10 AM
Have you ever had a horse garner a 100 or above in their first two starts?

I'm sure there have been some...have to research though. One in the Cigar Saturday comes to mind right away.

cj
11-26-2015, 02:12 AM

Very clear change in track speed after race 3. Not even a hint of doubt in my mind on that front.

EMD4ME
11-26-2015, 09:05 AM
Very clear change in track speed after race 3. Not even a hint of doubt in my mind on that front.

I agree. I posted my post right after race 4 ran (like during the gallop out LOL) Then watched the rest of the races CJ. Agreed.

Shemp Howard
11-26-2015, 10:08 AM
The owner, who stands the sire Bank Heist, just raised the stud fee from $2,500 to $10,000.

A pretty sharp guy to follow. Wins at a 20% clip.

Claimed Behrnik at Monmouth for $25K specifically to add to his broodmare herd.

Just made him millions.

cj
11-26-2015, 11:51 AM
I'm sure there have been some...have to research though. One in the Cigar Saturday comes to mind right away.

Marking was the one. Also, Mohaymen in the Remsen. But I would think it is a short list for 2yo fillies.

RXB
11-26-2015, 12:19 PM

The TFUS figures suggest that the track slowed down on final time by about 1.2 seconds for sprints and 1.8-1.9 seconds for routes after R3. I'll go on record as saying the adjustments should be only about a third of those amounts.

Shemp Howard
11-27-2015, 08:35 AM
The owner, who stands the sire Bank Heist, just raised the stud fee from $2,500 to $10,000.

A pretty sharp guy to follow. Wins at a 20% clip.

Claimed Behrnik at Monmouth for $25K specifically to add to his broodmare herd.

Just made him millions.

Stands (and raced) the sire, Here's Zealous of yesterday's Fall High Weight Handicap upset winner Green Gratto.

Big weekend for Kaz Hill Farms.

cj
11-27-2015, 12:19 PM
The TFUS figures suggest that the track slowed down on final time by about 1.2 seconds for sprints and 1.8-1.9 seconds for routes after R3. I'll go on record as saying the adjustments should be only about a third of those amounts.

I'll be happy to track those races going forward and see how it plays out. We do that internally anyway but I'll post as horses run back.

SG4
11-27-2015, 10:41 PM

So the maiden winner right after the Favorite Tale race, he deserves a higher figure from a final time comparison? Imagine the Timeform figs will show better final numbers due to the faster pace of the stake race though?

cj
11-27-2015, 11:14 PM
So the maiden winner right after the Favorite Tale race, he deserves a higher figure from a final time comparison? Imagine the Timeform figs will show better final numbers due to the faster pace of the stake race though?

That is exactly how it appears in the charts.

Rise Over Run
12-19-2015, 08:46 PM
She goes in a NY Stallion Series Stakes tomorrow at Aqueduct in Race 3. Eligible because Bank Heist stands in NY. Looks like an easy $90k for P Kaz. I wonder what kind of offers he's turned down for her thus far.

castaway01
12-19-2015, 08:49 PM
She goes in a NY Stallion Series Stakes tomorrow at Aqueduct in Race 3. Eligible because Bank Heist stands in NY. Looks like an easy $90k for P Kaz. I wonder what kind of offers he's turned down for her thus far.

Thanks for the head's up. I'll have to take a look at that one.

Secondbest
12-19-2015, 10:05 PM
2-5 ML

Stillriledup
12-20-2015, 04:46 AM
What's the story with the trainer change?

Stillriledup
12-20-2015, 04:57 AM
So here's a question. How did this horse pay 14-1 as a Firster?

I assume she had at least one workout, which means someone knew this was the best horse they ever sat on. That person didnt bet everything they owned?

I don't get it.

Shemp Howard
12-20-2015, 08:10 AM

The owner hasn't had a winner this season, first time ever, and is big in the NY Breeding community.

Winning a NY Bred Stake is a big deal to him.

Shemp Howard
12-20-2015, 08:16 AM
So here's a question. How did this horse pay 14-1 as a Firster?

I assume she had at least one workout, which means someone knew this was the best horse they ever sat on. That person didnt bet everything they owned?

I don't get it.

He's made millions off this filly, since he stands the sire and owns the mare.

Betting everything he owned makes her 1-9 at the Pig Penn and exposes her to the shenanigan's that dump is known for.

forced89
12-20-2015, 08:26 AM

Could be PA trainer is not licensed in NY and doesn't want to bother doing it.

Donttellmeshowme
12-20-2015, 08:41 AM

The owner always has a been a trainer so dont know why he wasnt down for the fillys first start. Really doesnt matter this horse is a nice horse. Must not need the money this horse is worth a million easy.

Donttellmeshowme
12-20-2015, 08:46 AM
Anyone have her Beyer figures for her 1st two races?

EMD4ME
12-20-2015, 08:48 AM
Anyone have her Beyer figures for her 1st two races?

88 & 94

Donttellmeshowme
12-20-2015, 08:50 AM
88 & 94

Damn thats pretty impressive for a 2 yr old

EMD4ME
12-20-2015, 09:03 AM
Damn thats pretty impressive for a 2 yr old

I'd love to see Jose choke him out to last, let his brother go to the lead, then all of a sudden do the all out drive (HEY LOOK I'M TRYING) at around the 3/8's. Then see this horse flatten out into the lane when the leader rebrakes and draws clear.

Not because I don't like this horse but I think the 'NYRA jockey colony BS incidents' needs to happen to someone with some "connections". Someone with some clout needs to break this crap up (break his legs). ;)

lamboguy
12-20-2015, 10:16 AM
I'd love to see Jose choke him out to last, let his brother go to the lead, then all of a sudden do the all out drive (HEY LOOK I'M TRYING) at around the 3/8's. Then see this horse flatten out into the lane when the leader rebrakes and draws clear.

Not because I don't like this horse but I think the 'NYRA jockey colony BS incidents' needs to happen to someone with some "connections". Someone with some clout needs to break this crap up (break his legs). ;)
that horse is going to have at least 1/2 million to show on him this afternoon. if the riders listen to you there will be some very unhappy bridgejumpers walking around wounded today.

EMD4ME
12-20-2015, 10:22 AM
that horse is going to have at least 1/2 million to show on him this afternoon. if the riders listen to you there will be some very unhappy bridgejumpers walking around wounded today.

I'm betting him. Make no mistake about it. Single in DD, P3, P4 and P5. But if it takes me losing my money, for some real attention to finally come at the NYRA choking colony, I mean, the NYRA Jockey Colony, then so be it.

Do I think Jose will play games with this one? NO.

But I put nothing past these boys.

Si2see
12-20-2015, 11:20 AM
It's a filly...

Rise Over Run
12-20-2015, 11:26 AM
Dimitrios Synnefias is only licensed as an assistant trainer in NY.

bello
12-20-2015, 11:53 AM
They should have stuck with Gonzalez....Lets see J gets him to the rail. About as obvious as the Pletcher in yesterdays 8th that Kendrick decided to rate. Noting surprises me there any more.

lamboguy
12-20-2015, 12:05 PM
today's stallion stakes only has 5 participants for the fillies. next sunday there are 13 entered so far for the boys!

davew
12-20-2015, 12:38 PM
The horse will face some better competition today --> Frosty Margarita

It will be interesting to see if can still romp home when facing better than past.

Stillriledup
12-20-2015, 01:09 PM
Dimitrios Synnefias is only licensed as an assistant trainer in NY.

Thanks.

Kash$
12-20-2015, 01:22 PM
No excuse..

EMD4ME
12-20-2015, 01:22 PM
The decision to not sell, at this point looks like a mistake.

AlBundy33
12-20-2015, 01:23 PM
Take Jose "The Human Anchor" Ortiz off before selling and then see what happens.

Kash$
12-20-2015, 01:24 PM

More icing then cake.

She couldnt get away.....

Secondbest
12-20-2015, 01:26 PM
:ThmbUp: Take Jose "The Human Anchor" Ortiz off before selling and then see what happens.

Stillriledup
12-20-2015, 01:27 PM

Same w social inclusion. This guy just lost millions (on paper).

EMD4ME
12-20-2015, 01:28 PM
Take Jose "The Human Anchor" Ortiz off before selling and then see what happens.

He has quickly elevated himself to the new "Human Anchor".

C Vel needs a new name. Rumor has it he has A BUM WING. Explains why his horses seem to never get out of the gate well.

Kash$
12-20-2015, 01:30 PM
He has quickly elevated himself to the new "Human Anchor".

C Vel needs a new name. Rumor has it he has A BUM WING. Explains why his horses seem to never get out of the gate well.

Jose should have send hard..Almost like he made sure his brother stayed close enough...

Stillriledup
12-20-2015, 01:32 PM
You could theoretically make the case that the winner was more of a 'sure thing to show' than the runner up. I had no problems making a big show bet on the 5 as I'm sure all of you did too.

Stillriledup
12-20-2015, 01:35 PM
Jose should have send hard..Almost like he made sure his brother stayed close enough...

I didnt see the head on but did the favorite stumble a bit at the start and drift inward (possibly interfering w inside runner)?

Shemp Howard
12-20-2015, 01:50 PM
Maybe this just goes to show what a bunch of donkey's most of the Pa breds are?

Running for those inflated purses and padding the wallets of 8% trainers who only live once.

Kash$
12-20-2015, 02:12 PM
OWNER AND TRAINER SAID THERE WILL BE A DIFFERENT RIDER NEXT TIME OUT..
HMMM I WONDER WHY

Stillriledup
12-20-2015, 02:38 PM
HMMM I WONDER WHY

I saw the PPs last night and the FIRST thing I thought was "yikes, THAT guy?'

Funny how it always seems to work out that I know more than the participants, I'm always one step ahead. :D

Donttellmeshowme
12-20-2015, 02:49 PM
Maybe this just goes to show what a bunch of donkey's most of the Pa breds are?

Running for those inflated purses and padding the wallets of 8% trainers who only live once.

Dont forget the negative K-1 statement for partners 4 yrs in a row

davew
12-20-2015, 07:23 PM
The horse will face some better competition today --> Frosty Margarita

It will be interesting to see if can still romp home when facing better than past.

I was impressed that Behrnik's Bank starting coming back once headed in the stretch. BB definitely has game, just will not end racing career undefeated.

EMD4ME
12-20-2015, 07:33 PM
HMMM I WONDER WHY

How could they enlist one of the Ortiz boys on a horse that they had so much riding on????

Why not keep the original rider on? Why allow the jock to be a concern? Why give a leg up to one of the "boys"?

Makes no sense at all.

cj
12-20-2015, 07:51 PM
There are tracks where fast speed figures ship, and tracks where they don't. Penn is one where they usually don't.

EMD4ME
12-20-2015, 08:13 PM
There are tracks where fast speed figures ship, and tracks where they don't. Penn is one where they usually don't.

Good point. I'll just add Jose was too passive in the 2nd quarter. Keeping his brother around.

You can't chalk it up as just a slightly bad ride. Especially when it's the 2 maestros involved.

These guys are so good planning stuff out, they should be named the next Head Coach and Defensive Coordinator of the G MEN.

davew
12-20-2015, 09:13 PM

I thought speed figs and Beyers are supposed to be standardized so that they can be used across North America without adjustments.

Or are you saying the trainers / veterinarians at some tracks have 'methods' that artificially increase the speed, which is difficult to repeat elsewhere?

cj
12-20-2015, 09:24 PM
I thought speed figs and Beyers are supposed to be standardized so that they can be used across North America without adjustments.

Or are you saying the trainers / veterinarians at some tracks have 'methods' that artificially increase the speed, which is difficult to repeat elsewhere?

I won't pretend I know the reason. Obviously legal medication rules are different from state to state, so that is possible.

At least from my end, this is how I see it. Horses that can run 100 at Penn will beat horses that ship in with 95s from bigger tracks and they'll run 100 again. But ship that horse to another track and it likely won't beat a 95 horse, or even a 90. So I don't think there is an easy way to adjust for it. All you can do is know that it is so and handicap that way.

The gap today was a huge one. I probably wouldn't have bet against that horse when the next most likely winner was 5-2. But before I bet a big fig Penn horse, I want to know the horse has done it somewhere else. There are other tracks that fall in this category too. Horseplayers that know circuits well figure them out pretty quickly.

ReplayRandall
12-20-2015, 10:01 PM
I won't pretend I know the reason. Obviously legal medication rules are different from state to state, so that is possible.

At least from my end, this is how I see it. Horses that can run 100 at Penn will beat horses that ship in with 95s from bigger tracks and they'll run 100 again. But ship that horse to another track and it likely won't beat a 95 horse, or even a 90. So I don't think there is an easy way to adjust for it. All you can do is know that it is so and handicap that way.

The gap today was a huge one. I probably wouldn't have bet against that horse when the next most likely winner was 5-2. But before I bet a big fig Penn horse, I want to know the horse has done it somewhere else. There are other tracks that fall in this category too. Horseplayers that know circuits well figure them out pretty quickly.

CJ, in the thread "Optimal intra track-surface adjustments", we had a discussion about what you've just posted. You say the gap was a huge one today, my question is "What does the 100 at Penn adjust to, at AQU inner? Is there actually an answer, or just a rough guess?

cj
12-20-2015, 10:04 PM
CJ, in the thread "Optimal intra track-surface adjustments", we had a discussion about what you've just posted. You say the gap was a huge one today, my question is "What does the 100 at Penn adjust to, at AQU inner? Is there actually an answer, or just a rough guess?

I'd say just a rough guess. But in actuality I just don't trust the Penn shippers regardless of the edge on paper, especially to a major circuit. But if I were to just arbitrarily lower Penn figures, shippers into Penn would look dominant and it just doesn't work that way in real life.

forced89
12-21-2015, 12:19 AM
Our Khrysty and Fabulous Strike shipped from Penn National to NY and acquitted themselves well.

cj
12-21-2015, 12:44 AM
Our Khrysty and Fabulous Strike shipped from Penn National to NY and acquitted themselves well.

Sure, there are always exceptions, but that isn't the way to bet.

proximity
12-21-2015, 05:43 PM
...... which is difficult to get away with elsewhere?

fyp. ;)

imo TODD beattie is a legit horseman and (although possibly a juice trainer sycophant) i'd also classify mr renpher himself as an "honest" owner.

Shemp Howard
03-22-2016, 09:26 PM
Breezed 4f in 47 on the Aqueduct Inner track, 2 seconds faster than the rest.

Prepping for a $100K NY bred sprint one month from tomorrow.

SG4
03-22-2016, 10:07 PM
Breezed 4f in 47 on the Aqueduct Inner track, 2 seconds faster than the rest.

Prepping for a $100K NY bred sprint one month from tomorrow.

Read yesterday that it seemed like all systems go for the Gazelle with her. You had some good info before, what makes you say they're pointing for the NY Bred race down the road?

Shemp Howard
03-22-2016, 10:39 PM
She's in no condition to go 9f against open G2 competition in 2 weeks.

In addition to the $100K pot, there are hefty breeder awards for winning this race and the series.

The owner/trainer is also the breeder and stands the stallion.

SG4
04-21-2016, 11:11 AM
She's entered this Saturday, looks like she tuned up by working 58.1 over the AQU track last weekend, guess they're not kidding about no rating her this time. Can't remember a faster work at AQU in a very long time.

Rise Over Run
04-21-2016, 11:53 AM
Not to drift the thread, but her win in the 2010 Nellie Bly at Belmont (9/26/10 - Race 9) was a vintage Ramon D ride. Wish he was still able to ride.

Shemp Howard
04-23-2016, 12:31 PM
She's entered this Saturday, looks like she tuned up by working 58.1 over the AQU track last weekend, guess they're not kidding about no rating her this time. Can't remember a faster work at AQU in a very long time.

Let's see what Frosty Margarita has this time.

Kash$
04-23-2016, 05:19 PM
[QUOTE=Shemp Howard]Let's see what Frosty Margarita has this time.[/QUOT

Horse is more sizzle then steak ..more icing then cake..
Ran next to last..

Stillriledup
04-23-2016, 05:24 PM
couldnt run at all. never a factor and really took no real money. 'they' would have known if she was going to run her previous 90's something beyer, no way she pays 6 bucks if she had that in her. rough game.

horses4courses
04-23-2016, 05:26 PM
couldnt run at all. never a factor and really took no real money. 'they' would have known if she was going to run her previous 90's something beyer, no way she pays 6 bucks if she had that in her. rough game.

Do you ever subscribe to the theory that a horse might need a race?

cj
04-23-2016, 05:28 PM

I personally don't think this was one of those cases.

Stillriledup
04-23-2016, 05:38 PM

not this type of horse, she's a quick hitch early win type who doesn't have trouble staying fit, she doesn't slow down enough in the morning to lose much condition. also, horses who 'need' races are usually the types where i watch the tape and say "looks like this is one i'd bet back' but with this filly, she's not a horse i would bet back under almost any circumstances.