PDA

View Full Version : Ohio rejects pot law

burnsy
11-04-2015, 07:50 AM
Why? Not because of the pot itself. Because they found out that basically 10 farms spent 25 million to get it on the ballot so they could corner the market. Just like horse racing with the 10 or so trainers (if that) that train all the major horses. I got out of that mess but they are still arguing about it in the general section. People (potential customers and current customers) are all over this type of thing........they woke up and realize this lack of competition is no good for them. You can scream all you want, people want choices, they want variety and they realize when there's a lack of it.....they get screwed. They are not economist but they understand the market system, if there's not enough competition, its the short end of the stick for them. Instead of opening things up in this country we are going to Robber Barons and monopolies and people know it. This is a good sign, once they've had enough things will shake up. As for horse racing, they may never get their heads out of their asses.....until its too late.

Tom
11-04-2015, 08:42 AM
Locally, we are getting a Medical Pot store and they had a job fair yesterday.
Looked like a Grateful Dead concert! :lol:

Lots of experienced "growers" around here!

delayjf
11-04-2015, 04:27 PM
I am not in favor of legalizing pot, but If we are going to legalize pot than I for one would like to see it run by the either the state or federal government.

Tor Ekman
11-04-2015, 04:32 PM
I am not in favor of legalizing pot, but If we are going to legalize pot than I for one would like to see it run by the either the state or federal government.Because that always works so well :rolleyes:

FantasticDan
11-04-2015, 06:22 PM
Because that always works so well :rolleyes:Hey Tor, I just saw you on Seinfeld the other nite. How's that holistic thing working out for you? :ThmbUp: :D

Tall One
11-04-2015, 06:56 PM
cant remember exact, but i want to say I read they had to re-shoot that scene 33 times.. :D

Tom
11-04-2015, 08:19 PM
I think part of the reason was the monopoly aspect of the bill.
I am 100% in favor of legalizing pot ( no, I do not smoke it nor want to), but for once, make it a fair deal for EVERYONE, not just a select few. Make it free market and let anyone participate in the sales.

Typical government BS yet again. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

I say, who the hell is the government to tell anyone what they can cant smoke?Get the Hell out of our lives.

Actor
11-05-2015, 10:21 AM
Why? Not because of the pot itself. Because they found out that basically 10 farms spent 25 million to get it on the ballot so they could corner the market.I think you've hit the nail on the head. It was the monopoly that killed it. I expect it will be back on the ballot, without the monopoly, perhaps as soon as next year. It's going to get legalized state by state.

delayjf
11-05-2015, 10:41 AM
Because that always works so well

Point well taken, and I am a free market guy, but drugs, even legalized, is a nasty business and there will be all kinds of organized crime (the Mexican Mafia is not going away) worming their way into this business. I'd rather let the Gov regulate, distribute and sell and make the money, they need it.