PDA

View Full Version : DEL MAR RULES

EMD4ME
10-31-2015, 04:37 PM
race 2 today, horse gets mauled by starter at gate. He pulled horses head back, horse did a back flip, who knows if the horse is dead right now.

It was as AUTOMATIC AS AUTOMATIC can be in terms of a refund as the starter murdered the horse.

TD says: Ladies and Gentlemen, the stewards have ruled that there can be no refund as the horse's gate did open.

My question is:

WHAT ABOUT WHAT THE STARTER DID TO THE HORSE????????????????????????????????????????

He pulled the reign back so bad as he pulled his hand in the air that the horse did a backflip, got stuck in the gate and is probably in grave danger.

Stillriledup
10-31-2015, 04:42 PM
They don't refund a horse who causes his own problems. Even if the starter held him, if it was the horse acting up and causing the guy to 'hang on' they blame the horse.

Good non refund.

Kash$
10-31-2015, 04:54 PM
race 2 today, horse gets mauled by starter at gate. He pulled horses head back, horse did a back flip, who knows if the horse is dead right now.

It was as AUTOMATIC AS AUTOMATIC can be in terms of a refund as the starter murdered the horse.

TD says: Ladies and Gentlemen, the stewards have ruled that there can be no refund as the horse's gate did open.

My question is:

WHAT ABOUT WHAT THE STARTER DID TO THE HORSE????????????????????????????????????????

He pulled the reign back so bad as he pulled his hand in the air that the horse did a backflip, got stuck in the gate and is probably in grave danger.

I bet him and im asking the same thing..Heard Trevor announce gate open so no refund..Wait so if horse is held it doesnt matter..WTF

Donttellmeshowme
10-31-2015, 05:03 PM
Anyone have a video of the start?

dilanesp
10-31-2015, 05:09 PM
20 years ago, gate open at the right time no refund was the absolute rule in California. I didn't mind it-- it was a bright line rule.

But the last few years have seen several refunds where the gate opened on time but a horse was held, and one race that was declared a non contest because a couple of horses were improperly held.

Given that, I think EMD may have a beef here.

Stillriledup
10-31-2015, 05:32 PM
20 years ago, gate open at the right time no refund was the absolute rule in California. I didn't mind it-- it was a bright line rule.

But the last few years have seen several refunds where the gate opened on time but a horse was held, and one race that was declared a non contest because a couple of horses were improperly held.

Given that, I think EMD may have a beef here.

I know the race you're talking about it was a down hill race at SA

This horse today wasnt improperly held and I think the logic they use is if the horse is just standing quietly and the guy forgets to let go. This was an obvious case of a horse causing his own prob.

Also, don't forget that if the track is refunding the money out of the pockets of the winners, how is that fair to them?

EMD4ME
10-31-2015, 07:58 PM
Anyone have a video of the start?

http://www.calracing.com/live-video/replays/

Our game is one of the most CROOKED games ever.

So, I pull up the replay for you all and VIOLA. They start the replay 2 seconds after the starter yanked this poor horse's head so hard in a backwards fashion, that the horse flipped backwards to possible death.

Heaven forbid the head on starts before the gate opens.

Crooks. Why would Delmar want to incriminate themselves.....hence the short replay.

ultracapper
10-31-2015, 10:01 PM

So, I pull up the replay for you all and VIOLA. They start the replay 2 seconds after the starter yanked this poor horse's head so hard in a backwards fashion, that the horse flipped backwards to possible death.

Crooks. Why would Delmar want to incriminate themselves.....hence the short replay.

calracing.com does that shit all the time. Any questionable stewards decision is chopped from the tape. It bugs the living crap out of me. I'm watching the replay to see how the horses ran, but can't see everything because they have to hide away any potential controversy. A horse goes down, there's 25 seconds cut from the tape. They're entering the far turn, heartbeat later they're at the 1/8th pole. Hell, if you're watching these replays it's because you're a horseplayer. We've seen it all. Leave the damn tape intact.

johnhannibalsmith
10-31-2015, 10:11 PM

Pathetic. I figured I'd follow your link and watch to try to form my own opinion based on actual evidence and instead all I can do defer to your assessment. Major backfire if in fact deliberate.

Stillriledup
10-31-2015, 10:38 PM
I did see the headon and its alarming and graphic, so them taking it down may not be based on protecting a screwup by an asst starter.

johnhannibalsmith
10-31-2015, 11:12 PM
I'd see that perspective if the head on that they do provide didn't show all of the aftermath, seemingly omitting only what caused it.

EMD4ME
10-31-2015, 11:18 PM
Great game this is.

SuperPickle
11-01-2015, 12:33 AM
EMD4ME is literally turning into a parody of himself.

This might be the dumbest post in the history of this message board.

The rule is clear. You only get a refund if the gate or the starter is the cause of the issue.

I watch this live in TVG. Both commentators watched the head on and talked about how the horse reared as the gate opened. You can see the starters hand go with other starters. You can see he horse in the air. As both TVG people said its pretty cut and dry. The starter can't make the horse leap in his hind legs.

Then EMD4ME gets on here and says "the starter murdered the horse." The horse is over a thousand pounds and the starter is about 150lbs. Does that sound like something that can happen.

It's never I picked a crappy gate horse and lost. It's the game is crooked. I got screwed Blah, Blah, Blah.

The song remains the same.

johnhannibalsmith
11-01-2015, 12:39 AM
Well at least now I have a second opinion since I can't make my own determination. Thanks.

NorCalGreg
11-01-2015, 12:40 AM

My question is:

Usually, when someone posts something up here such as this---they want other opinions. I can clearly see you don't. You only want opinions that agree with yours. Sorry, I'm not your guy.

If you want to see what happened...you just didn't watch the replay long enough. After the race, they show the winner prancing around--then they show the head-on of the start.
The horse reared at the start--threw the rider--but you naturally blame the entire racing industry, brand everyone as crooks. The starter's in on the chicanery now, too?
Calm down....have a good night :)
-NCG

v j stauffer
11-01-2015, 02:12 AM

The rule is clear. You only get a refund if the gate or the starter is the cause of the issue.

I watch this live in TVG. Both commentators watched the head on and talked about how the horse reared as the gate opened. You can see the starters hand go with other starters. You can see he horse in the air. As both TVG people said its pretty cut and dry. The starter can't make the horse leap in his hind legs.

Then EMD4ME gets on here and says "the starter murdered the horse." The horse is over a thousand pounds and the starter is about 150lbs. Does that sound like something that can happen.

It's never I picked a crappy gate horse and lost. It's the game is crooked. I got screwed Blah, Blah, Blah.

I was searching to find the words to accurately portray how off the rails you are EMD.

Then I read what Pickle had to say and realized he called you out better than I ever could.

One add:

A 150 pound man. Standing to the side of the horse. On about three inches of slick steel. With ZERO leverage. Flipped a 1000lb thoroughbred completely over backwards with one arm. And did this as part of a collective conspiracy that included all the assistant starters and the head starter, the racing association, the stewards and the jockey who could have been crushed to death.

That's your take?

Seems plausible to me.

I heard once upon a time someone called you EMD a ****ing moron on this site.

Whoever that was, was dead on balls correct IMO.

NorCalGreg
11-01-2015, 03:19 AM
I was searching to find the words to accurately portray how off the rails you are EMD.

Then I read what Pickle had to say and realized he called you out better than I ever could.

One add:

A 150 pound man. Standing to the side of the horse. On about three inches of slick steel. With ZERO leverage. Flipped a 1000lb thoroughbred completely over backwards with one arm. And did this as part of a collective conspiracy that included all the assistant starters and the head starter, the racing association, the stewards and the jockey who could have been crushed to death.

That's your take?

Seems plausible to me.

The guy has already been lambasted, Vic.....you've read through this thread.
Do you really have to be vicious, and pile on? You had a chance to be a gentleman, instead you've once again proven yourself to be an angry, miserable jerk. :ThmbDown:

Stillriledup
11-01-2015, 03:42 AM
Do you really have to be vicious, and pile on? You had a chance to be a gentleman, instead you've once again proven yourself to be an angry, miserable jerk. :ThmbDown:

Lol this is funny because I had the EXACT same thing typed out to Vic about piling on and then erased it. He already said the other poster called out EMD better than he could but you know the guy just couldn't resist the cheap shot.

Vic will post wonderful stuff on occasion, nice long and productive threads talking about trip notes, but then just goes off like a loose cannon and ruins what he built up, it's too bad, he has a lot to offer.

v j stauffer
11-01-2015, 06:53 AM
You're right guys. Sorry I lost my head. I promise I'll never do it again. I know I should be held to a high standard of decorum. Please forgive.

v j stauffer
11-01-2015, 07:02 AM

Right Greg. I should not have called EMD a ****ing moron. Angry miserable jerk would have been the appropriate response.

I'm all over that. Sorry.

Being a gentleman is what I'll strive for in the future.

I really mean that. :blush:

Donttellmeshowme
11-01-2015, 07:52 AM

One add:

That's your take?

Seems plausible to me.

Straight fire.................

Stillriledup
11-05-2015, 03:32 PM
Is it just me or does the DMR feed on the Internet look really good today?

Hopefully the replays will look just as sharp

no breathalyzer
11-05-2015, 03:37 PM
Is it just me or does the DMR feed on the Internet look really good today?

Hopefully the replays will look just as sharp

Nope they never seem to look as good on replay

Stillriledup
11-05-2015, 03:39 PM

Ill find out soon enough, race 1 replay should be up any minute.

Stillriledup
11-05-2015, 04:14 PM
Replays look better check it out and let me know what you think.

no breathalyzer
11-05-2015, 04:31 PM
They look like they improved a tad but.. let me know a month from now when you looking up a horse how that replay looks. For some reason it gets worse it seems the more the time passes

ronsmac
11-05-2015, 06:08 PM
You're right guys. Sorry I lost my head. I promise I'll never do it again. I know I should be held to a high standard of decorum. Please forgive.
Nice apology. That was cool. Out of curiosity, do you know if they've ever used that non skid material where the assistant starters stand in the gate? As dangerous as that job is, it seems a little better traction couldn't hurt.

Tall One
11-05-2015, 06:35 PM
SRU will put up wonderful stuff on occasion, nice productive posts talking about trip notes, but then just goes off like a loose cannon and ruins what he built up, it's too bad, he has a lot to offer... ;)

Stillriledup
11-05-2015, 06:51 PM
SRU will put up wonderful stuff on occasion, nice productive posts talking about trip notes, but then just goes off like a loose cannon and ruins what he built up, it's too bad, he has a lot to offer... ;)

Once you wade thru all the trolling, bad NBA picks, instigating and tin foil hat posts, you might find some of my 'wonderful stuff' :D

Tall One
11-05-2015, 07:17 PM
Once you wade thru all the trolling, bad NBA picks, instigating and tin foil hat posts, you might find some of my 'wonderful stuff' :D

It's there, you just gotta know where to look. :D

EMD4ME
11-05-2015, 07:26 PM

Really?

Your post has to be the DUMBEST attack/post that I have ever seen.

Here's why, factually, working in order with your assinine comments:

Please go to the regular pan shot, at exactly 2:40 you will see 5 assistant starters for the 5 horses.

Please blow up the screen and look at the right arm angle of all 5 starters.

You will see something completely different with the #5 starter's arm angle.

Then, come back to me and tell me again what you just said....

The tortoise beat the hair & a 150 pound man can have an impact on a thousand pound thoroughbred. You act like no 110 lb pinhead hasn't hurt or made a horse lose before. Not understanding the point about weight....

Since when are TVG commentators the bible in knowledgeable horsepeople? :bang:

So I picked a crappy gate horse, right StupidPickle?

He's run 20 times. Broken (1st call, 1st/2nd/3rd in 15 of 20 starts). Has been on the lead at the 1st call in 11/20 and within 2 lengths in every start of his life. HAS NEVER EVER BROKEN SLOW AT THE GATE like this.

You make your name by carrying yourself with class, intelligence, humility and being true to your word in life, social circles and on message boards. Not by trying to knock someone down.

Grow up child.

EMD4ME
11-05-2015, 07:34 PM
Usually, when someone posts something up here such as this---they want other opinions. I can clearly see you don't. You only want opinions that agree with yours. Sorry, I'm not your guy.

If you want to see what happened...you just didn't watch the replay long enough. After the race, they show the winner prancing around--then they show the head-on of the start.
The horse reared at the start--threw the rider--but you naturally blame the entire racing industry, brand everyone as crooks. The starter's in on the chicanery now, too?
Calm down....have a good night :)
-NCG

1) I did want opinions. Hence the ????????????????????????????????? Dilanesp, thanks for yours.
2) I did watch the replay, live and after hours.
3) Horse was 5/2 in gate at the off. 7/2 after he "broke slow"....chee, I wonder why.
4) Starters have long been part of thievery, I don't know what Polyanna planet you guys live on. So yes, it is CONCEIVABLE starters can hold a horse back 5/100 of a second. Not actually a crazy and implausible accusation.
5) Nevertheless, I wasn't saying that #4 is true. Just asking (SEE THE THREAD title if you missed it) what the DELMAR RULES ARE? I was seriously asking, does it NOT matter if a starter destroys a horse at the gate, as long as the gate opens?

Disappointed in your response Norcalgreg.

EMD4ME
11-05-2015, 07:36 PM

One add:

That's your take?

Seems plausible to me.

I'm not disappointed in you.

Your bar is so low, the devil called and said he needs some space.

EMD4ME
11-05-2015, 07:39 PM
Right Greg. I should not have called EMD a ****ing moron. Angry miserable jerk would have been the appropriate response.

I'm all over that. Sorry.

Being a gentleman is what I'll strive for in the future.

I really mean that. :blush:

I am not an angry soul.

Miserable is no where near who I am.

Jerk is the last thing anyone who knows me would ever call me.

The way you behave on here, one would think you're projecting feelings of yourself again unto others with that comment.

EMD4ME
11-05-2015, 07:45 PM
Last thought for now...

rewatch the pan shot. 4/5 starters never raise their right hand to let the horse go. The starter for the 5 kept his hand on the horse's rein the entire way up. Is it not likely he pulled up so hard and hastily that HE MADE THE horse pull up on hind heels? Watch how he is the only one who held tightly the whole way as the gate opens.

You guys act like it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXTROARDINARILY CRAZY to ask the question.

And before you reply: That I am Mr. Conspiracy. Please note how many times I tell people that wasn't a stiff job. See today's example:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58843&page=57&pp=15

Post # 855

no breathalyzer
11-05-2015, 08:05 PM

I'm late to the party here .. but this shit happens all the time... more then it should!

no breathalyzer
11-05-2015, 08:09 PM
Last thought for now...

rewatch the pan shot. 4/5 starters never raise their right hand to let the horse go. The starter for the 5 kept his hand on the horse's rein the entire way up. Is it not likely he pulled up so hard and hastily that HE MADE THE horse pull up on hind heels? Watch how he is the only one who held tightly the whole way as the gate opens.

You guys act like it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXTROARDINARILY CRAZY to ask the question.

And before you reply: That I am Mr. Conspiracy. Please note how many times I tell people that wasn't a stiff job. See today's example:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58843&page=57&pp=15

Post # 855

post 855 was an answer to my post..maybe it wasn't a stiff job but sure was a fbs effort going on there.. i younger hungry jock gets 3rd by a drawling away 3 quarter length there

EMD4ME
11-05-2015, 08:11 PM
I'm late to the party here .. but this shit happens all the time... more then it should!

Doesn't make it ok.

And with all the Polyanna, the world is super fair, no one cheats in horseracing, it's all honest all the time, yes MVR's 99/1 ringer & Turf Paralyzed's ringer were honest mistakes CROWD how could anything ever be addressed when you have SOOO many people FIGHTING vehemently that 100% of racing is TOTALLY legit.

You people (Not you no breathalyzer) act like it's a DARN sin to question the integrity of the MOST crooked game on the planet!

EMD4ME
11-05-2015, 08:13 PM
post 855 was an answer to my post..maybe it wasn't a stiff job but sure was a fbs effort going on there.. i younger hungry jock gets 3rd by a drawling away 3 quarter length there

I know buddy. I was just pulling the most recent example up of how I don't always say it was a stiff/poor ride/whoa is me etc.

I always call it like it is. No preconceived agendas in my world.

no breathalyzer
11-05-2015, 08:15 PM
I know buddy. I was just pulling the most recent example up of how I don't always say it was a stiff/poor ride/whoa is me etc.

I always call it like it is. No preconceived agendas in my world.

:ThmbUp: That's why i'm glad you came back

Stillriledup
11-05-2015, 08:28 PM
Doesn't make it ok.

And with all the Polyanna, the world is super fair, no one cheats in horseracing, it's all honest all the time, yes MVR's 99/1 ringer & Turf Paralyzed's ringer were honest mistakes CROWD how could anything ever be addressed when you have SOOO many people FIGHTING vehemently that 100% of racing is TOTALLY legit.

You people (Not you no breathalyzer) act like it's a DARN sin to question the integrity of the MOST crooked game on the planet!

EMD UNLOADS, STORY AT 11!!!!

This is incredible and I'm in total agreement that the blind faith questioners are more part of the problem than a solution, someone suggests a conspiracy and you have minions (you all know who you are) that just believe the game is 100 pct honest and get offended that anyone dare question anything!

NorCalGreg
11-05-2015, 08:30 PM
1) I did want opinions. Hence the ????????????????????????????????? Dilanesp, thanks for yours.
2) I did watch the replay, live and after hours.
3) Horse was 5/2 in gate at the off. 7/2 after he "broke slow"....chee, I wonder why.
4) Starters have long been part of thievery, I don't know what Polyanna planet you guys live on. So yes, it is CONCEIVABLE starters can hold a horse back 5/100 of a second. Not actually a crazy and implausible accusation.
5) Nevertheless, I wasn't saying that #4 is true. Just asking (SEE THE THREAD title if you missed it) what the DELMAR RULES ARE? I was seriously asking, does it NOT matter if a starter destroys a horse at the gate, as long as the gate opens?

Disappointed in your response Norcalgreg.

I tried to be at least a gentleman about it. I started typing before Pickle...lol. He's just faster than I am. You evidently missed mine and SRU's response to Vic's completely unnecessary post, hours later.
I really figured you posted, and then thought about it. If not--you're entitled to your opinion.
later dudes
-NCG

EMD4ME
11-05-2015, 08:42 PM
I tried to be at least a gentleman about it. I started typing before Pickle...lol. He's just faster than I am. You evidently missed mine and SRU's response to Vic's completely unnecessary post, hours later.
I really figured you posted, and then thought about it. If not--you're entitled to your opinion.
later dudes
-NCG

You're right. Thanks for the kind words. No harm no foul.

As far the latter part....I rewatched and rewatched and I still feel like something was up.

You see, I bet that 6 horse (the winner) at Emerald this summer. When he won, he took sneaky money, HARD. He took sneaky money at Delmar and the ONLY SPEED in the race happened to be 5/2 in the gate. Voila the 5 (the only speed) was held, goes off at 7/2 and the 6 jogs wire to wire, while crushed to 2/1......

That reaffirms what was up, in my eyes.

What pissed me off was hearing TD say: The gate opened on time so no refunds.

Again, the question is asked? So it doesn't matter if the starter ties the horse to the gate with a rope, as long as the gate opens?????????

Stillriledup
11-06-2015, 02:48 AM
Doesn't make it ok.

Adding one more thing to this, people who are fans of the game, who aren't In the day to day trenches as far as wagering goes, will not care as much because betting their hard earned money isn't a matter of life or life. If they win their 2 dollar WPS bet once a week, it's great, if not, no big deal, so they don't view this from a hard core standpoint, the more hard core you are, the more you risk, the tougher it is to see the shenanigans and keep quiet.

Pretty horsie types don't want to know about this stuff, they want to feel they are fans of a mostly clean game, the horsie types and the serious gamblers view the game through completely different sets of eyes.

NorCalGreg
11-06-2015, 05:26 AM
Adding one more thing to this, people who are fans of the game, who aren't In the day to day trenches as far as wagering goes, will not care as much because betting their hard earned money isn't a matter of life or life. If they win their 2 dollar WPS bet once a week, it's great, if not, no big deal, so they don't view this from a hard core standpoint, the more hard core you are, the more you risk, the tougher it is to see the shenanigans and keep quiet.

Pretty horsie types don't want to know about this stuff, they want to feel they are fans of a mostly clean game, the horsie types and the serious gamblers view the game through completely different sets of eyes.

Soooooooo......"pretty horsie types" = anyone that doesn't spend a large portion of their precious time, railing against the horse racing establishment. Shouldn't they be, as you said...in the trenches with the rest of the true hard-core gamblers, risking their hard earned money daily? How do you find the time to post all day and night? The stress must be mind-boggling.

I see a lot that goes on, SRU. I see trainers claiming 20-1 shots, seemingly needing expensive care and training, to be anywhere near being ready to win, all the while ignoring the even-money favorite who went unclaimed. I even named this angle--the "claimed for nothing" angle. It's all based on one trainer/owner knowing another might not be making an honest effort. Just this simple stand-alone angle has brought a very nice return--so no, the gritty, grimy underbelly of racing bothers me not at all.

This is an example of what all your pissing and moaning has blinded you to, SRU: the profit that can be made by sharp horseplayers that see beyond the "shenanigans".
If that makes me a Pretty Horsie Type...what the hell, I've been called worse.

take care
-NCG 🗽

v j stauffer
11-06-2015, 01:25 PM
You're right. Thanks for the kind words. No harm no foul.

As far the latter part....I rewatched and rewatched and I still feel like something was up.

You see, I bet that 6 horse (the winner) at Emerald this summer. When he won, he took sneaky money, HARD. He took sneaky money at Delmar and the ONLY SPEED in the race happened to be 5/2 in the gate. Voila the 5 (the only speed) was held, goes off at 7/2 and the 6 jogs wire to wire, while crushed to 2/1......

That reaffirms what was up, in my eyes.

What pissed me off was hearing TD say: The gate opened on time so no refunds.

Again, the question is asked? So it doesn't matter if the starter ties the horse to the gate with a rope, as long as the gate opens?????????

When a horse gets away very poorly. The stewards inquiry involves answering two questions.

1. Did the gate function properly.

2. Did the assistant starter do anything to restrict the horse from having a fair opportunity to break.

If what you say about the race at Emerald is true the stewards would have to be incompetent or in on it.

Both very highly unlikely.

If you'd like I'd be happy to look at the race for you and offer my opinions.

Please post as many views as the start as you have available.

v j stauffer
11-06-2015, 01:26 PM
I am not an angry soul.

Miserable is no where near who I am.

Jerk is the last thing anyone who knows me would ever call me.

The way you behave on here, one would think you're projecting feelings of yourself again unto others with that comment.

You're not angry in your soul?

You called me SATAN!

v j stauffer
11-06-2015, 01:31 PM
Doesn't make it ok.

If a person TRULY believed the game they were playing the MOST CROOKED GAME ON THE PLANET.

That person would have to be a ****ING MORON to continue to play.

Wouldn't you agree?

ReplayRandall
11-06-2015, 01:38 PM
Message to Vic and EMD4ME:

Both of you post interesting, entertaining and volatile opinions separately. However, when you two cross paths, to be frank, your posts are huge turn-offs. IMO, for the sake of the rest of PA nation, I think you two should refrain from interaction with one another......Truce?

v j stauffer
11-06-2015, 01:41 PM
Soooooooo......"pretty horsie types" = anyone that doesn't spend a large portion of their precious time, railing against the horse racing establishment. Shouldn't they be, as you said...in the trenches with the rest of the true hard-core gamblers, risking their hard earned money daily? How do you find the time to post all day and night? The stress must be mind-boggling.

I see a lot that goes on, SRU. I see trainers claiming 20-1 shots, seemingly needing expensive care and training, to be anywhere near being ready to win, all the while ignoring the even-money favorite who went unclaimed. I even named this angle--the "claimed for nothing" angle. It's all based on one trainer/owner knowing another might not be making an honest effort. Just this simple stand-alone angle has brought a very nice return--so no, the gritty, grimy underbelly of racing bothers me not at all.

This is an example of what all your pissing and moaning has blinded you to, SRU: the profit that can be made by sharp horseplayers that see beyond the "shenanigans".
If that makes me a Pretty Horsie Type...what the hell, I've been called worse.

take care
-NCG 🗽

You know SRU makes a pretty good point here. Between NEVER going without posting for longer than 6 minutes. AND watching 3426 replays a day. How to find time to actually bet?

Where do you concentrate your play? What's your daily handle. Are you making money? Do you just ride on EMDS gossamer wings with 7 horse place parlays?

Do you actually play this game or do we get to hear your annoying crap for nothing?

v j stauffer
11-06-2015, 01:44 PM

Both of you post interesting, entertaining and volatile opinions separately. However, when you two cross paths, to be frank, your posts are huge turn-offs. IMO, for the sake of the rest of PA nation, I think you two should refrain from interaction with one another......Truce?

Where's the fun in that?

HOWEVER, there are precious few on this site I'd do it for.

Randall you are one. I have the utmost respect for you for many reasons.

That last thing I wish to be part of is making an excellent contributor turned off.

Consider it done.

Sorry.

ReplayRandall
11-06-2015, 01:48 PM
Where's the fun in that?

HOWEVER, there are precious few on this site I'd do it for.

Randall you are one. I have the utmost respect for you for many reasons.

That last thing I wish to be part of is making an excellent contributor turned off.

Consider it done.

Sorry.

Thanks Vic, appreciate the kind words.....

Stillriledup
11-06-2015, 02:01 PM
If a person TRULY believed the game they were playing the MOST CROOKED GAME ON THE PLANET.

Wouldn't you agree?

If a pro athlete thought a ref was crooked and had it in for him, should he quit playing the game too?

Would he be a moron to keep playing?

People bet horses mostly for 2 reasons, one is that they're a winning player. Maybe they would make more cash if the game was honest, but if they're still making money, why leave that on the table?

The other reason is for the action, bettors still get action regardless, crookedness doesnt squash the 'rush' they get, so action junkies are going to keep betting too.

The only reason to really stop playing is if you felt that the perceived crookedness was taking enough money from your bottom line that its just not worth the aggravation anymore.

Many people are holding out hope that 'racing' starts to get tough in the cheats, they haven't yet, punishments are pretty wrist sloppy, but one can have hope that a 'sheriff joe' will show up one day in the game and clean if up.

One more theory is it matters what KIND of cheating is taking place. I made
One of my best all time hits in So Cal a bunch of years ago by sniffing out a situation where a jock had a horse in the back Of the pack who was exploding with run and he never let the horse loose, horse came back to win at a nice price, so not all shenanigans are bad if you can sniff them out.

v j stauffer
11-06-2015, 02:08 PM
If a pro athlete thought a ref was crooked and had it in for him, should he quit playing the game too?

Would he be a moron to keep playing?

People bet horses mostly for 2 reasons, one is that they're a winning player. Maybe they would make more cash if the game was honest, but if they're still making money, why leave that on the table?

The other reason is for the action, bettors still get action regardless, crookedness doesnt squash the 'rush' they get, so action junkies are going to keep betting too.

The only reason to really stop playing is if you felt that the perceived crookedness was taking enough money from your bottom line that its just not worth the aggravation anymore.

Many people are holding out hope that 'racing' starts to get tough in the cheats, they haven't yet, punishments are pretty wrist sloppy, but one can have hope that a 'sheriff joe' will show up one day in the game and clean if up.

One more theory is it matters what KIND of cheating is taking place. I made
One of my best all time hits in So Cal a bunch of years ago by sniffing out a situation where a jock had a horse in the back Of the pack who was exploding with run and he never let the horse loose, horse came back to win at a nice price, so not all shenanigans are bad if you can sniff them out.

Lovely speech. Nobody cares. But lovely nonetheless.

Now. Please answer the questions I asked you.

Stillriledup
11-06-2015, 02:17 PM
Lovely speech. Nobody cares. But lovely nonetheless.

Now. Please answer the questions I asked you.

A lot of people care, the proof is in the views and replies that my postings receive, so unfortunately, nobody caring isnt entirely correct.

Do you know how many times someone has posted to 'quit the game' to others who complain about shenanigans ? A lot, my 'lovely post' explained why people might not quit this game even if they think there's cheating going on.

I know Randall gave you a little speech about a kinder, gentler Vic, but I have to admit I was a little sad that you didnt call me a moron and other choice names, I miss the old you!

Let me go back and look for those questions you asked and ill get back to you.

AndyC
11-06-2015, 02:40 PM

Wouldn't you agree?

Actually no. Crooks are easier to handicap than horses.

no breathalyzer
11-06-2015, 02:49 PM
:ThmbUp: you better off capping the trainer/jockey/horse in that order it seems

v j stauffer
11-06-2015, 03:18 PM

You very well could be right.

What I don't understand is the people who continually lose and then BLAME the crooks.

Makes no sense.

Options....

1. Get on the train and ride it.

2. Handicap better.

3. Quit and try something easier.

AndyC
11-06-2015, 03:24 PM

What I don't understand is the people who continually lose and then BLAME the crooks.

Makes no sense.

Options....

2. Handicap better.

It's human nature. Nobody wants to admit that their handicapping is sub par, so rationalizing that they would have been a winner if not for, crooks, bad jockeys, drugs, etc. clouds reality and lets them keep going.

v j stauffer
11-06-2015, 03:26 PM
It's human nature. Nobody wants to admit that their handicapping is sub par, so rationalizing that they would have been a winner if not for, crooks, bad jockeys, drugs, etc. clouds reality and lets them keep going.

:ThmbUp: POST OF THE YEAR :ThmbUp:

no breathalyzer
11-06-2015, 03:33 PM
Nobody wants to admit that their POKER is sub par either, if you think horse players are bad.. poker players are a heck of a lot worse.. and even more delusional .. because in poker you can be completely wrong and still win

SuperPickle
11-06-2015, 03:48 PM
Last thought for now...

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?

t=58843&page=57&pp=15

Post # 855

I literally don't know what to say. The horse reared. No one made the horse rear. Once he reared it's all on the horse not the starter. You only get relief if your horse is well behaved. Your horse wasn't. You lose. Nothing to blame but the horse.

It's that simple.

SuperPickle
11-06-2015, 04:01 PM
Really?

Your post has to be the DUMBEST attack/post that I have ever seen.

Here's why, factually, working in order with your assinine comments:

Please go to the regular pan shot, at exactly 2:40 you will see 5 assistant starters for the 5 horses.

Please blow up the screen and look at the right arm angle of all 5 starters.

You will see something completely different with the #5 starter's arm angle.

Then, come back to me and tell me again what you just said....

The tortoise beat the hair & a 150 pound man can have an impact on a thousand pound thoroughbred. You act like no 110 lb pinhead hasn't hurt or made a horse lose before. Not understanding the point about weight....

Since when are TVG commentators the bible in knowledgeable horsepeople? :bang:

So I picked a crappy gate horse, right StupidPickle?

He's run 20 times. Broken (1st call, 1st/2nd/3rd in 15 of 20 starts). Has been on the lead at the 1st call in 11/20 and within 2 lengths in every start of his life. HAS NEVER EVER BROKEN SLOW AT THE GATE like this.

You make your name by carrying yourself with class, intelligence, humility and being true to your word in life, social circles and on message boards. Not by trying to knock someone down.

Grow up child.

Again he didn't break slow. He reared. No one is disputing he's quick out of the gate. The issue is he reared at the wrong time and blew the start. And no the starter didn't make him rear.

You've said multiple times that this game is crooked. You've said multiple times you would have a five figure profit yearly if the game wasn't crooked. You've accused jockeys of "Stiffing horses."

You simply come across as a guy who doesn't have coping skills to admit they pick a bad horse, or that their horse stumbles, or the jockey made a bad decision or gave a bad ride. Every time things don't go your way you're on this board with your tinfoil hat alleging some massive conspiracy. It's never you picked the wrong horse. It's you got screwed.

What baffles me is literally almost everyone on this thread has told you...

1. The Stewards made the right call in not refunding
2. The horse's issue were unrelated to the starters actions.

And yet a week later you can't accept that and make a new post about "seeing something on the pan" and "you don't believe starters are above holding a horse."

Everything is a conspiracy.

I simply don't understand why you post because you literally don't believe what 99% of the people post here.

So to recap you bet horses even though the game is crooked and you think humans fix races. You post here even though you don't believe the majority of the information posted.

So simply put I don't understand you. I come here to get information and opinions and use them. I'm not sure why you are here.

Stillriledup
11-06-2015, 04:20 PM
Again he didn't break slow. He reared. No one is disputing he's quick out of the gate. The issue is he reared at the wrong time and blew the start. And no the starter didn't make him rear.

You've said multiple times that this game is crooked. You've said multiple times you would have a five figure profit yearly if the game wasn't crooked. You've accused jockeys of "Stiffing horses."

You simply come across as a guy who doesn't have coping skills to admit they pick a bad horse, or that their horse stumbles, or the jockey made a bad decision or gave a bad ride. Every time things don't go your way you're on this board with your tinfoil hat alleging some massive conspiracy. It's never you picked the wrong horse. It's you got screwed.

And yet a week later you can't accept that and make a new post about "seeing something on the pan" and "you don't believe starters are above holding a horse."

I simply don't understand why you post because you literally don't believe what 99% of the people post here.

So to recap you bet horses even though the game is crooked and you think humans fix races. You post here even though you don't believe the majority of the information posted.

So simply put I don't understand you. I come here to get information and opinions and use them. I'm not sure why you are here.

But it really comes down to his opinion vs yours. You act like he's not allowed to have a differing opinion that doesn't line up with what you believe.

SuperPickle
11-06-2015, 04:35 PM
But it really comes down to his opinion vs yours. You act like he's not allowed to have a differing opinion that doesn't line up with what you believe.

Nice try but no. He's claiming the old "I just came on here to ask people what they thought and what the rules at Del Mar were."

Everyone told him the no refund was the correct rule and the starter did nothing. Even you did.

Rather than say "ok thanks" or "I guess I was wrong." He comes back with "but if you look at the pan shot blah, blah, blah starters sometimes hold horses, I'm not a guy who believes what the sheeple think, now I'm still or even more convinced there was foul play"

If you're not going to value our opinions and believe our information why our you here? He was told the rule. He doesn't want to believe it.

And SRD I'm not biting on your walking out the old circler logic of "isn't not letting people discriminate, discrimination?"

His opinion is fine but it never evolves and it never changes no matter what people tell him. So its not really an opinion. It's more an absolutely.

You don't get to claim your the only here to see what people think and gather information but then stubbornly reject all the information and opinions, not evolve yours and the claim you're the victim because people don't respect your opinion.

v j stauffer
11-06-2015, 04:41 PM
You keep trying to figure out who's cheating or watching replays from 3 months ago looking for stiffs and bad stewards......

Here's what I'll d0

Today's DERBYWARS $4000 Aqueduct game.

$ thegoofon..(1)
7 $32.70
$ crw9700(1)
7 $29.70
nats(1)
3 $26.60
benz42086(1)
3 $26.40
jamesturfma..(1)
1 $18.10
Sophia(1)
5 $16.20
tnt(1)
5 $14.90
nj_mustang(1)
5 $14.80
sghillowe(1)
1 $13.00
elusiveq(1)
8 $13.00
taytay(1)
1 $8.40
youare2020(1)
5 $0.00

A tournament you participated in has ended, here are your results

Tournament: $4,000 AQUEDUCT HIGH STAKES 11/6

Entry 1: Finished in 1st place and earned a payout of $3,000.00

If you feel there is an error, please feel free to contact us.

See Full Results See More Tournaments

Thanks,
The DerbyWars Team

no breathalyzer
11-06-2015, 04:44 PM
You keep trying to figure out who's cheating or watching replays from 3 months ago looking for stiffs and bad stewards......

Here's what I'll d0

$ thegoofon..(1)
7 $32.70
$ crw9700(1)
7 $29.70
nats(1)
3 $26.60
benz42086(1)
3 $26.40
jamesturfma..(1)
1 $18.10
Sophia(1)
5 $16.20
tnt(1)
5 $14.90
nj_mustang(1)
5 $14.80
sghillowe(1)
1 $13.00
elusiveq(1)
8 $13.00
taytay(1)
1 $8.40
youare2020(1)
5 $0.00

Prize Distribution:

1st $3,000.00
2nd $1,000.00

If you gonna post that .. can you at least post what horses you played to win? was it a lockout contest?

v j stauffer
11-06-2015, 04:51 PM
If you gonna post that .. can you at least post what horses you played to win? was it a lockout contest?

No, it was race by race.

I'll figure out how to post who I played and put it in.

:)

Here it is....

$4,000 AQUEDUCT HIGH STAKES 11/6

Primary Pick

Alternate Pick (Optional)

AQU-1

2 - Da Wildcat Girl (4-1)

6 - Colonel Juanita (2-1)

AQU-2

8 - Lil Renegade (5-1)

2 - Lilikoi (6-1)

AQU-3

2 - Natalie Victoria (4-1)

3 - Sustainable (3-1)

AQU-4

4 - Written In Stars (15-1)

1 - Mama's Red Hat (12-1)

AQU-5

5 - Mach Seven (10-1)

Post Time Favorite

AQU-6

11 - Daisy A Day (5-1)

1 - Life's A Stage (15-1)

AQU-7

4 - Taken By Surprise (7-2)

7 - Super Allison (4-1)

AQU-8

4 - Star Of New York (7-2)

Post Time Favorite

AQU-9

7 - Ragazza Di Papa (5-1)

2 - Lady's First (7-2)

whodoyoulike
11-06-2015, 04:58 PM

Pay attention and watch the Head-on. The horse is almost sitting down in the replay which I saw. The assistant may have helped the jockey in this case from getting injured. Won't know since it wasn't shown but the horse did seem to rear at the start.

Regarding your exchange with Vic earlier, you should re-read his post and your response which doesn't make much sense.

Stillriledup
11-06-2015, 06:11 PM
Pay attention and watch the Head-on. The horse is almost sitting down in the replay which I saw. The assistant may have helped the jockey in this case from getting injured. Won't know since it wasn't shown but the horse did seem to rear at the start.

Regarding your exchange with Vic earlier, you should re-read his post and your response which doesn't make much sense.

Why would you tell me pay attention, I'm not sure what you mean, is this directed to me or EMD?

whodoyoulike
11-06-2015, 06:45 PM
Why would you tell me pay attention, I'm not sure what you mean, is this directed to me or EMD?

I was posting a reply to your post. Since, you've already made several posts prior, I was suggesting that if you haven't, look at the Head-on of the replay and then let's hear your opinion. I'm uncertain what the above response means.

Does anyone know the reason for an assistant to be present in the starting gate other than to prevent injury to the jockey and/or horse?

I don't remember if this was always the case.

v j stauffer
11-06-2015, 06:51 PM
I was posting a reply to your post. Since, you've already made several posts prior, I was suggesting that if you haven't, look at the Head-on of the replay and then let's hear your opinion. I'm uncertain what the above response means.

Does anyone know the reason for an assistant to be present in the starting gate other than to prevent injury to the jockey and/or horse?

The assistant is in the gate for the following reasons

1. Protect the jockey

2. Try to stop a horse from injuring itself.

3. Do everything in his/her power to facilitate a clean/fair start.

Stillriledup
11-06-2015, 06:57 PM

I posted early in the thread posts 2 and 6.

whodoyoulike
11-06-2015, 07:08 PM
The assistant is in the gate for the following reasons

1. Protect the jockey

2. Try to stop a horse from injuring itself.

3. Do everything in his/her power to facilitate a clean/fair start.

Thanks, this is what I figured.

Do you know when they started positioning themselves in the stalls?

I was at a SoCal track years ago when a horse reared up and accidentally killed a jockey. So complaints against these guys are unwarranted IMO, they have experience and wouldn't want to also be injured in these tight quarters.

whodoyoulike
11-06-2015, 07:09 PM
I posted early in the thread posts 2 and 6.

But, have you seen the replay. I saw it on CalRacing.com.

I think you've made more posts than two.

v j stauffer
11-06-2015, 07:33 PM
Thanks, this is what I figured.

Do you know when they started positioning themselves in the stalls?

I was at a SoCal track years ago when a horse reared up and accidentally killed a jockey. So complaints against these guys are unwarranted IMO, they have experience and wouldn't want to also be injured in these tight quarters.

I was there that day.

The jockey was Alvaro Pineda

The horse was named Austin Mittler.

Very sad.

The best way to compare assistant starters is to liken them to the clown/cowboys that protect bull riders.

TB assistants though might have it tougher as they have multiple responsibilities.

Like picking up a 1200 pound thoroughbred with all four feet planted, using the strength of one wrist, to complete a conspiracy that would have had to involve at least 15 people.

That's a lot. Not quite as tough as hitting a 47 race place parlay. But still tough.

comet52
11-06-2015, 07:51 PM

He's not that unusual. I don't see it so much here but when I was betting sports a lot and frequenting forums, losers crying fix were common. You'd ask why they keep betting fixed games, they couldn't tell you. Why every game they bet happened to be fixed and they somehow had the wrong side, they couldn't tell you. It's some sort of anger/inferiority complex that uses sportsbetting failure to express itself in the lives of the gamblers afflicted by it.

I wouldn't spend a lot of time on EMD in any event, a guy who stated immediately after the Belmont that American Pharoah was on par with a weeknight Mountaineer claimer. I think this board gives him free run because it's desperate for clicks or something.

EMD4ME
11-06-2015, 09:19 PM

AS A HUMBLE HUMAN BEING, IT TRULY, ON MY MOTHER'S LIFE, KILLS ME TO SPEAK THIS WAY BUT READING RESPONSES IN THIS THREAD HAS LEFT ME NO CHOICE BUT TO DEFEND MY NAME.

Since I enrolled in PA, it has been the most fashionable practice to BASH me. I didn't realize the following but I've learned to live with it as the information was thrown my way from various sources......

People hate me because I:

1) Have the testicular fortitude to say it like it is. I am not 100% right in all my posts. HELL, I've been wrong many times. However, I have been accurate way too often on things that were not only hard to see but almost impossible to see.

2) People hate me because I am contrarian.

3) People hate me because I bet $500,000 and some years up to a million dollars a year. I don't have much expendible income. I bet so much because I A) WIN A LOT B) Because I play quite often C) I'll send it in when I feel a play is warranted. I SERIOUSLY THOUGHT THAT I WAS A PEON NEXT TO THE PEOPLE ON HERE. After hearing what many of PA nation probably bets, I feel stupid for initially being initimated by their perceived horse racing handle.

TorEkman can attest to this claim, as I send him ONE of my ADW stats earlier this year. (just in case some of you doubt what I say)

4) People hate me because give or take, I have had many profitable years playing horses OR I've held my own (break even) at the aforementioned handle numbers or I've finished at the takeout point of betting horses. (Yes, I have had many losing years, painful losing years playing horses.) Yes, IRS/Uncle Sam, I know you can read this and I have had nothing to hide, evidenced by the hundreds of thousands that I've paid in taxes over the years to you solely due to my horseplaying tendencies.

5) People hate me because I don't protect feelings and put out there what needs to be out there.

6)People hate me because.....

I have thick skin and I'm no sissy, so I defend myself in a classy, respectable and factual fashion.

I would have no problem adhering to your request, however, after reading the remaining portion of this thread, responses are warranted. As you may know already, I am 100000% Greek. There is nothing MORE IMPORTANT to a true Greek, than his reputation, name and honor.

I am sure you would feel the same way if you were in my position.

Before I reply to the masses who attacked/critiqued me, I wanted to give you the respectful courtest of telling you WHY I am doing so.

I respect and like your posts as well. I feel compelled to do so, so....my apolgies in advance.

EMD4ME
11-06-2015, 09:26 PM
He's not that unusual. I don't see it so much here but when I was betting sports a lot and frequenting forums, losers crying fix were common. You'd ask why they keep betting fixed games, they couldn't tell you. Why every game they bet happened to be fixed and they somehow had the wrong side, they couldn't tell you. It's some sort of anger/inferiority complex that uses sportsbetting failure to express itself in the lives of the gamblers afflicted by it.

I wouldn't spend a lot of time on EMD in any event, a guy who stated immediately after the Belmont that American Pharoah was on par with a weeknight Mountaineer claimer. I think this board gives him free run because it's desperate for clicks or something.

comet52, unlike others who handle $1000 a year and claim they are winners with $1001 in return, I have handled an infinite amount more AND was profitable to the point where the STATE kicked my ass for winning so much.

So, I don't know where you are pulling your "loser's crying fix" phrase from.......

This thread was about WHAT THE DELMAR RULES ARE. It wasn't a conspiracy theory thread. It had a legitimate question attached to it.

If a horse's gate opens on time but the starter impacts the horse's start, IS THERE A REFUND DUE in California?

Now, if you want to question if the starter impacted the start, by all means let's discuss.

If you want to feel better about yourself by calling a fellow poster a loser crying fix, the only loser is yourself...WHY?

Because you're the one trying to feel better about yourself via making stuff up about another poster.

whodoyoulike
11-06-2015, 09:32 PM
I was there that day.

The jockey was Alvaro Pineda

The horse was named Austin Mittler.

Very sad.

The best way to compare assistant starters is to liken them to the clown/cowboys that protect bull riders.

TB assistants though might have it tougher as they have multiple responsibilities.

Like picking up a 1200 pound thoroughbred with all four feet planted, using the strength of one wrist, to complete a conspiracy that would have had to involve at least 15 people.

That's a lot. Not quite as tough as hitting a 47 race place parlay. But still tough.

I remembered that it must have been in the '70 and he had a Hispanic name and he was pretty good. Sad and everyone involved when loading needs to always be aware of these things. I've seen several horses unexpectedly flip in the SG stalls luckily without injury to the jockey or starter.

EMD4ME
11-06-2015, 09:34 PM
When a horse gets away very poorly. The stewards inquiry involves answering two questions.

1. Did the gate function properly.

2. Did the assistant starter do anything to restrict the horse from having a fair opportunity to break.

If what you say about the race at Emerald is true the stewards would have to be incompetent or in on it.

Both very highly unlikely.

If you'd like I'd be happy to look at the race for you and offer my opinions.

Please post as many views as the start as you have available.

1) Thank you for your reply. I fully understand response #1. As far as your #2, is that a California State Rule as well?

In terms of the BOLDED and UNDERLINED....

Either my writing skills are poor (which is very much possible) OR your comprehension skills were poor in understanding my post.

Please reread what I posted in the initial quote.

I was making a point as to how the winner of the race (the race in question on Delmar on 10/31/15) had won at Emerald earlier this year. In the races that he won at Emerald, he was bet off the board (surprisingly).

The point being that it was awfully suspicious that the only speed of the 10/31/15 race (who had NEVER broken slowly, had led in most of 20 starts, was always within 2 1/4 lengths of the lead early) SOMEHOW stayed in the gate today, WHILE THIS OVERBET EMERALD DOWNS horse led wire to wire in a jogathon.

You offered to watch the race if I posted a replay. Sometimes I wonder if you even read before you bash people VIC. I DID POST the replay TWICE for people to click and see the replay before you even asked for it.

EMD4ME
11-06-2015, 09:38 PM
You're not angry in your soul?

You called me SATAN!

I didn't call you SATAN. I said he needed space as the bar you've set (in terms of your class level is so

low)

that Satan needed some space.

1) I thought that was hillarious.
2) I would never proactively say that to anyone BUT if you attack me, like a man defending his wife and kid against a burglar in his house, I will defend myself.
3) You set your bar, not me.

EMD4ME
11-06-2015, 09:41 PM

Wouldn't you agree?

No Track announcer who tilts playing with real money so he has to play in contests who GIVE NOTHING TO THE GAME (no handle contribution) WHO PAID HIS SALARY (through my and all the beloved players on here's VIG) ALL THESE YEARS....

Because I know it's crooked on so many levels, I am ABLE to sniff it out and bet the horses who were darkened/stiffed/held back, in their next starts, which leads to BIG SCORES.

The only ****ing Moron on here is the one who attacks the people who helped him make a living (by betting Literally MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of dollars).

EMD4ME
11-06-2015, 09:44 PM

Many times yes, great post.

EMD4ME
11-06-2015, 09:48 PM
You know SRU makes a pretty good point here. Between NEVER going without posting for longer than 6 minutes. AND watching 3426 replays a day. How to find time to actually bet?

Where do you concentrate your play? What's your daily handle. Are you making money? Do you just ride on EMDS gossamer wings with 7 horse place parlays?

Do you actually play this game or do we get to hear your annoying crap for nothing?

No Vic, he just watches live racing all day, watches 3426 replays and never bets. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You should be thanking him for posting on here and loving the game so much.

Do you realize there are probably 80% less, dedicated hardcore passionate intelligent lovers of this game out there as opposed to 20 years ago???

You have the chance to be an ambassador for the game and instead you come on here and bash people.

I have zero problem with anyone who debates in a civil fashion. However, you have single handedly lowered the class bar on here with your words and behavior.

Man up Vic.

EMD4ME
11-06-2015, 09:53 PM

Makes no sense.

Options....

2. Handicap better.

I don't continually lose pal.

I wasn't blaming a crook. I was asking if a starter intentionally/UNINTENTIONALLY caused a horse to miss the start, would there be a refund at Delmar/California as I am not a normal Cali player.

Yes, I make it a point to point stuff out that smells. Just because I do, does not make me

1) A losing player
2) A disgruntled player
3) Some sort of wacko

It makes me a solid player, who has a years worth of salary on the line in some cases, who suffers through a devastating loss due to something that smells fishy in SOME CASES (NOT ALL).

What is wrong with asking the question of WHAT IF THE STARTER IMPACTS THE START? What? Am I committing some holy sin of questioning the integrity of the dirtiest game in the USA and probably on the planet?

EMD4ME
11-06-2015, 09:59 PM

In case you haven't noticed, which is supremely possible with you specifically....

The head only captures the 2 seconds AFTER the horse was on his ass in the gate. You might want to ssssssllllllloooooooowwwwwwwwwwlllllyyyyyyy read the initial posts in this thread which covered that and after you catch up (and watch the PAN SHOT at 2:40), you're more than welcome to come back and troll and some more.

EMD4ME
11-06-2015, 10:02 PM

Here's what I'll d0

$ thegoofon..(1)
7 $32.70
$ crw9700(1)
7 $29.70
nats(1)
3 $26.60
benz42086(1)
3 $26.40
jamesturfma..(1)
1 $18.10
Sophia(1)
5 $16.20
tnt(1)
5 $14.90
nj_mustang(1)
5 $14.80
sghillowe(1)
1 $13.00
elusiveq(1)
8 $13.00
taytay(1)
1 $8.40
youare2020(1)
5 $0.00

A tournament you participated in has ended, here are your results

Tournament: $4,000 AQUEDUCT HIGH STAKES 11/6

Entry 1: Finished in 1st place and earned a payout of $3,000.00

If you feel there is an error, please feel free to contact us.

See Full Results See More Tournaments

Thanks,
The DerbyWars Team

Thanks Vic,

You've more than covered the fact that you're terrible in parimutual play and need to shelter your weaknesses in games that A) don't contribute to the pools B) cover up weaknesses in real life play. Never mind that parimutual play paid your salary for years.

Good job broadcasting that....

EMD4ME
11-06-2015, 10:03 PM

You're a waste of keyboard punches. Not even worth a response.

However, good luck to you in your future endeavors. No hard feelings.

whodoyoulike
11-06-2015, 10:54 PM
In case you haven't noticed, which is supremely possible with you specifically....

The head only captures the 2 seconds AFTER the horse was on his ass in the gate. You might want to ssssssllllllloooooooowwwwwwwwwwlllllyyyyyyy read the initial posts in this thread which covered that and after you catch up (and watch the PAN SHOT at 2:40), you're more than welcome to come back and troll and some more.

Did you ever see my post about a narcissistic?

Btw, it's a personality disorder not a compliment.

Here is a Google link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

Read this Sssssssllllllloooooooowwwwwwwwwwlllllyyyyyyy (as you say) or better yet have someone else read it to you since you have a comprehension problem.

Always trying to make things personal, GROW UP!

What are you about age 12 mentally?

Most on here have figured out from where you're coming. If not, they should note the textbook traits exhibited.

EMD4ME
11-06-2015, 11:14 PM
Did you ever see my post about a narcissistic?

Btw, it's a personality disorder not a compliment.

Here is a Google link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

Read this Sssssssllllllloooooooowwwwwwwwwwlllllyyyyyyy (as you say) or better yet have someone else read it to you since you have a comprehension problem.

Always trying to make things personal, GROW UP!

What are you about age 12 mentally?

Most on here have figured out from where you're coming. If not, they should note the textbook traits exhibited.

Check all of my almost 3000 posts. I NEVER, not once, attacked anyone on here. It's in vogue to go after me. However,I defend when attacked. Point is, don't complain when I fight back.

Your post showed:
that you didn't even read the thread.
you had no clue the head on cut off the REAL PART of what is being discussed.
You had no clue the pan shot covered the incident.

All this despite you having a day to notice it.

For the record, I was 50 years old from a maturity perspective, when I was 12.

Now that I am older, I guess I am 75 in terms of maturity.

Pathetic shot to take but I don't blame you. When you have ZERO ground to counter, one does take empty pot shots at people.

v j stauffer
11-07-2015, 07:48 AM
If you were betting even a tiny fraction of the handle you claim. You would NEVER have time to bother with this site.

Let alone taking the time to file 8 consecutive posts defending yourself to people who don't care.

Nobody takes any of this seriously. It's the internet. It's for fun.

I have a strong sense you're completely full of shit.

If you're not, meet me at DERBYWARS and we'll play heads up. A $799 game each day is a pittance compared to what you claim to be wagering.

Taking down a blowhard loser like me should be easy pickings.

EMD4ME
11-07-2015, 10:19 AM
If you were betting even a tiny fraction of the handle you claim. You would NEVER have time to bother with this site.

Let alone taking the time to file 8 consecutive posts defending yourself to people who don't care.

If you're not, meet me at DERBYWARS and we'll play heads up. A $799 game each day is a pittance compared to what you claim to be wagering.

Good morning Vic,

I do take this seriously. I do get on here to have fun but at the same time I don't attack people to have fun. That's your MO. I crack jokes about anything/anyone but the people on here as it's rude to do otherwise.

Your strong sense must be your attempt to get me angry. Not going to work.

I do post in between races as it helps kill the time but during the day, I rarely post as it can be distracting from the real work at hand.

Anyway, I will check out this Derbywars sight tonight and I will ask you any questions that I may have. I'm sure I will have a lot as I have never touched a sight such as that.

We'll be in contact after I do so.

As I'm a nice guy, here's a price horse who I'll be taking a stab with, not a lock but a great price play.

AQU Race 1 the 6.

Good luck to you today.

EMD4ME

Donttellmeshowme
11-07-2015, 10:54 AM

Straight fire..........................

Stillriledup
11-07-2015, 06:34 PM

Any of this 'I'm better than you' stuff is hard to quantify, anyone can get lucky on a weekend, none of that proves who's the better horseplayer, it's too small of a sample to mean anything, i would say a one year contest would prove who's better, it's long enough where the inferior player will have very little shot, but who's really interested in having a one year contest?

EMD4ME
11-07-2015, 08:01 PM
Any of this 'I'm better than you' stuff is hard to quantify, anyone can get lucky on a weekend, none of that proves who's the better horseplayer, it's too small of a sample to mean anything, i would say a one year contest would prove who's better, it's long enough where the inferior player will have very little shot, but who's really interested in having a one year contest?

ME

EMD4ME
11-07-2015, 08:03 PM
I actually would like to start with $10,000.00. Make it an AQU inner track challenge. Runs from opening day of Inner Track till end of Inner Track/Main Track.

ReplayRandall
11-07-2015, 08:07 PM
I actually would like to start with $10,000.00. Make it an AQU inner track challenge. Runs from opening day of Inner Track till end of Inner Track/Main Track.

Not so fast there Pal, no playing YOUR favorite track only.... :lol:

EMD4ME
11-07-2015, 08:11 PM

Why not? He questioned MY action. Which anyone who actually wants to verify it, can, by asking TorEkan.

Tall One
11-07-2015, 08:18 PM
TorEkan.

Ekman? I thought he was serving time?

NorCalGreg
11-07-2015, 08:27 PM

Just play your 3 best picks a day/ any track you want/ anywhere.

Start tomorrow. Go til the end of the year. We'll have our answer long before then anyway. You can miss days--still no problem...

Either one of ya doesn't agree to this simple format--just throw in the towel, apologize to the other....and life goes on. Be a man.

no breathalyzer
11-07-2015, 08:38 PM
I know my NYRA picks are better then any public handicapper i seen out there.. as for who's out there unknown to me that's a different story. The wise mint there $$ quietly..... maybe that is stated wrong cause i do pass a lot of races.. but i learned to know when to strike with procession and force

EMD4ME
11-07-2015, 09:29 PM
I know my NYRA picks are better then any public handicapper i seen out there.. as for who's out there unknown to me that's a different story. The wise mint there $$ quietly..... maybe that is stated wrong cause i do pass a lot of races.. but i learned to know when to strike with procession and force

As I've matured over the years, I'd rather have a massive prime bet on a cold punch DD or win bet at 8/5 vs. betting too many races spreading in multiple pools.

But it depends on the sequence. If there's a 2/5 I hate in a race I can't find a winner, my only choice is to go all against the chalk in picks to bet against the bad chalk.

EMD4ME
11-07-2015, 09:30 PM

Start tomorrow. Go til the end of the year. We'll have our answer long before then anyway. You can miss days--still no problem...

Either one of ya doesn't agree to this simple format--just throw in the towel, apologize to the other....and life goes on. Be a man.

We'll see. I'm looking at this Derby Wars thing now. Too early to comment.

Tall One
11-07-2015, 10:09 PM

That's what PA and that mad scientist poster did last year. His home track was SA, and Mike and him went head-to-head on the board

thaskalos
11-08-2015, 04:20 AM
We'll see. I'm looking at this Derby Wars thing now. Too early to comment.

Read up on DerbyWars, and then go heads-up against Mr. Stauffer...and I'll back you up with as much cash as you want. Send me a PM with the pertinent information...and I'll wire the necessary funds to your bank as soon as possible. Vic has found some suckers on that site...and he thinks he is a "player". Please do me a favor and show him a thing or two about how the REAL players operate.

I strongly suspect that, after Vic plays against you for a while...he'll be out there pounding the pavement, looking for regular employment.

Stillriledup
11-08-2015, 05:25 AM
Read up on DerbyWars, and then go heads-up against Mr. Stauffer...and I'll back you up with as much cash as you want. Send me a PM with the pertinent information...and I'll wire the necessary funds to your bank as soon as possible. Vic has found some suckers on that site...and he thinks he is a "player". Please do me a favor and show him a thing or two about how the REAL players operate.

I strongly suspect that, after Vic plays against you for a while...he'll be out there pounding the pavement, looking for regular employment.

Whether or not Vic will win, I have to question his approach at challenging random people on the net to 10k contests, paying for plane flights, etc and because why? Because he's determined that the style of a specific poster means that player can't be a winner?

Contests are completely different than real life handicapping, in contests you're sometimes picking horses that you woud never bet in real life, it's a completely different mindset, maybe Vic feels that a non contest player would perish under that format and he has an edge because of that. Real life betting is different.

EMD4ME
11-08-2015, 09:47 AM
Whether or not Vic will win, I have to question his approach at challenging random people on the net to 10k contests, paying for plane flights, etc and because why? Because he's determined that the style of a specific poster means that player can't be a winner?

Contests are completely different than real life handicapping, in contests you're sometimes picking horses that you woud never bet in real life, it's a completely different mindset, maybe Vic feels that a non contest player would perish under that format and he has an edge because of that. Real life betting is different.

I have only played in 7 contests in my life. 4 at PENN back in the day and 2 or 3 at NYRA. Never liked them as they had so many rules that I find annoying. The only 1 I liked was 1 that Penn had. They gave you a voucher, it was all PENN races and bet what you want when you want and how you want.

I find the win only betting and caps on odds annoying.

What is your feedback on contests and/or Derby wars?

EMD4ME
11-08-2015, 09:48 AM

OMG :lol: . The thoughts are precious but not necessary Thaskalos. Very nice of you to offer though sir.

EMD4ME
11-08-2015, 09:49 AM
Ekman? I thought he was serving time?

Like jail????

I only bring him up as he used to bust my chops. So one day I took a pic of one of my ADW stats and sent it to him.

He was kind enough to apologize when he saw the numbers. Again, I thought my numbers were small or average compared to many.

After that, I said to myself never again. It's just not worth proving anything to anyone.

But Vic is another story. He wants to play, I'll play. Just need to figure out what's fair.

Stillriledup
11-08-2015, 12:40 PM
I have only played in 7 contests in my life. 4 at PENN back in the day and 2 or 3 at NYRA. Never liked them as they had so many rules that I find annoying. The only 1 I liked was 1 that Penn had. They gave you a voucher, it was all PENN races and bet what you want when you want and how you want.

I find the win only betting and caps on odds annoying.

What is your feedback on contests and/or Derby wars?

I've been in a few contests, the contests I would prefer (and there aren't many out there like this) is the contest that requires you to play only one track. I feel contests that let you bet any track are more luck based, there's more options for 'stabbers' to beat you with a 47 dollar winner at a far flung place, if I'm going to get beat, I wouldn't mind as much if the person out handicapped me at one track, a track we were all concentrating on, that way, only one track available to play means its a true test of handicapping vs a test of who can get lucky stabbing at the 24-1 in the 14 horse field at laurel park.

Stillriledup
11-08-2015, 12:43 PM
Like jail????

I only bring him up as he used to bust my chops. So one day I took a pic of one of my ADW stats and sent it to him.

He was kind enough to apologize when he saw the numbers. Again, I thought my numbers were small or average compared to many.

After that, I said to myself never again. It's just not worth proving anything to anyone.

But Vic is another story. He wants to play, I'll play. Just need to figure out what's fair.
What's fair is this. Your circuit is NYRA, so its clear that a capping/betting contest involving only that circuit is the way to go.

thaskalos
11-08-2015, 12:48 PM
Tournament play is different, because the races to be wagered on are picked by a third party. But, once the betting format is fully understood, the REAL edge must go to the "real player"...just as the cream must always rise to the top. And the real player in this scenario is EMD4ME. Unlike Vic, I have spent half a lifetime around poker players...and I know what a bluffer looks like. And Vic portrays all the tell-tale signs.

Stillriledup
11-08-2015, 01:20 PM
Tournament play is different, because the races to be wagered on are picked by a third party. But, once the betting format is fully understood, the REAL edge must go to the "real player"...just as the cream must always rise to the top. And the real player in this scenario is EMD4ME. Unlike Vic, I have spent half a lifetime around poker players...and I know what a bluffer looks like. And Vic portrays all the tell-tale signs.

I think that because contests are 1 or 2 days long, a lot of luck is involved, it's not a true test of skill, I would have a fighting chance to out handicap the greatest NFL bettor if it was a one week contest, but a season long contest the chances of me winning would be remote if not zero.

There is something to be said for players in the trenches betting real money pari mutually, EMD gets major props for the tens of thousands he shives thru the nyra windows each year.

thaskalos
11-08-2015, 01:40 PM
I think that because contests are 1 or 2 days long, a lot of luck is involved, it's not a true test of skill, I would have a fighting chance to out handicap the greatest NFL bettor if it was a one week contest, but a season long contest the chances of me winning would be remote if not zero.

There is something to be said for players in the trenches betting real money pari mutually, EMD gets major props for the tens of thousands he shives thru the nyra windows each year.
My only argument with you is your earlier assertion that Vic might feel that he has the "edge" against EMD4ME, because of his familiarity with the tournament format. Whatever edge Vic feels that he has, due to EMD4ME's unfamiliarity with this style of play, is tenuous at best...and it could be easily overcome by EMD4ME, if he chooses to enter a few heads-up tournaments on his own...BEFORE he elects to square-off against Vic.

You are right...anything can happen if the play is confined to one day's or two days' results...because the luck factor in these cases is greatly magnified. But if we are to obligated to create a "morning line" for the contestants of such a handicapping contest...then I submit that we would still assign favoritism to the player with the most skill...this player being EMD4ME, in my opinion.

The way I see it...the better player has an edge whether the play is for a day or a month. The different time-periods only affect this edge in a matter of degrees.

Yes...I have a better chance of beating Phil Galfond in a poker tournament than I do by playing him in a "cash game" heads up for a month. But I would be foolish to try to beat him either way.

v j stauffer
11-08-2015, 02:55 PM
My only argument with you is your earlier assertion that Vic might feel that he has the "edge" against EMD4ME, because of his familiarity with the tournament format. Whatever edge Vic feels that he has, due to EMD4ME's unfamiliarity with this style of play, is tenuous at best...and it could be easily overcome by EMD4ME, if he chooses to enter a few heads-up tournaments on his own...BEFORE he elects to square-off against Vic.

You are right...anything can happen if the play is confined to one day's or two days' results...because the luck factor in these cases is greatly magnified. But if we are to obligated to create a "morning line" for the contestants of such a handicapping contest...then I submit that we would still assign favoritism to the player with the most skill...this player being EMD4ME, in my opinion.

The way I see it...the better player has an edge whether the play is for a day or a month. The different time-periods only affect this edge in a matter of degrees.

Yes...I have a better chance of beating Phil Galfond in a poker tournament than I do by playing him in a "cash game" heads up for a month. But I would be foolish to try to beat him either way.

Enjoyed reading all this posturing. Anybody competing at an elite level better feel they're invincible. I offered the heads up games as a way for EMD to test his skill against just me. We both bet through the regular windows, hopefully with success. However, quantifying who's better in that fashion would be difficult.

EMD I think it's VERY VERY wise to play several lower dollar matches on DerbyWars before we hook up and start and form of competition.

Playing tournaments is very different and just knowing the ins and outs of how to approach them is vitally important. I'm surely ahead of you on that count.

I'll be here when you're ready and play for as much and as long as you'd like. As I stated before if you wish to set aside an amount to compete for over an extended time I'm more than happy to do that as well.

I'm playing a qualifier to the Del Mar Fall Classic today on HorseTourneys. $212 to qualify for DM which is $4000 to enter.

Not really thrilled with the overall card. But they didn't ask me.

UPDATE: While I was typing this they ran the first race of the qualifier I used :4: Sir Bond who was a flying 2nd at 9-1. :bang: :bang:

Decent start.

Follow along if you'd like and send some good karma!

Stillriledup
11-08-2015, 02:59 PM
Enjoyed reading all this posturing. Anybody competing at an elite level better feel they're invincible. I offered the heads up games as a way for EMD to test his skill against just me. We both bet through the regular windows, hopefully with success. However, quantifying who's better in that fashion would be difficult.

EMD I think it's VERY VERY wise to play several lower dollar matches on DerbyWars before we hook up and start and form of competition.

Playing tournaments is very different and just knowing the ins and outs of how to approach them is vitally important. I'm surely ahead of you on that count.

I'll be here when you're ready and play for as much and as long as you'd like. As I stated before if you wish to set aside an amount to compete for over an extended time I'm more than happy to do that as well.

I'm playing a qualifier to the Del Mar Fall Classic today on HorseTourneys. $212 to qualify for DM which is $4000 to enter.

UPDATE: While I was typing this they ran the first race of the qualifier I used :4: Sir Bond who was a flying 2nd at 9-1. :bang: :bang:

Decent start.

I thought double oh seven got up for the win, I had win bet and exa box w winner (redboard alert !) , so while I cashed, the 4 getting up is better, tough beat.

v j stauffer
11-08-2015, 03:18 PM
I thought double oh seven got up for the win, I had win bet and exa box w winner (redboard alert !) , so while I cashed, the 4 getting up is better, tough beat.

Wow. Terrific SRU. Now try capping the race before it's run. Red board Alert?

That's the entire Red Sea.

Not going for it.

Nice Hit!

Stillriledup
11-08-2015, 03:25 PM
Wow. Terrific SRU. Now try capping the race before it's run. Red board Alert?

That's the entire Red Sea.

Not going for it.

Nice Hit!

I thought you would be happy for me just like you wanted people to be happy for you. You sore that I won?

v j stauffer
11-08-2015, 03:42 PM
I thought you would be happy for me just like you wanted people to be happy for you. You sore that I won?

Of course not. I'm happy you won. I said nice hit.

Just not a big fan of people who hit very tough results and the first we hear of it is after the race.

You bust balls 10 times more than anyone on this site.

Man up and keep winning.

Nice Hit!

Stillriledup
11-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Of course not. I'm happy you won. I said nice hit.

Just not a big fan of people who hit very tough results and the first we hear of it is after the race.

You bust balls 10 times more than anyone on this site.

Man up and keep winning.

Nice Hit!

I don't view it that way, who's balls am I busting? You probable mean MY balls get busted, heck I have ghosts busting on me, you see these people once in a rare while and when they reappear, they find me and unleash totally unprovoked.

As far as hearing of it after the race, you were the one who posted about the bond horse, I was just responding to you.

If you wanna man up, bet your own picks and don't be butt hurt that I didnt give you a winner. I gave you a lock exa and tri at DMR yesterday in that serling thread but PA erased it, if Serling posted the same exact thing he would have been sucking Andy's kneecaps but for me, it gets deleted.

v j stauffer
11-08-2015, 05:11 PM
I don't view it that way, who's balls am I busting? You probable mean MY balls get busted, heck I have ghosts busting on me, you see these people once in a rare while and when they reappear, they find me and unleash totally unprovoked.

As far as hearing of it after the race, you were the one who posted about the bond horse, I was just responding to you.

If you wanna man up, bet your own picks and don't be butt hurt that I didnt give you a winner. I gave you a lock exa and tri at DMR yesterday in that serling thread but PA erased it, if Serling posted the same exact thing he would have been sucking Andy's kneecaps but for me, it gets deleted.

The mutual clerk didn't delete it. He's the ONLY one that matters.

10th place with 5 races to go. Top two qualify. Next 5 get their $212 back.

Have some bomber chances.

Donttellmeshowme
11-08-2015, 05:24 PM

You do have a point about PA sucking up to Serling and deleting ur posts. Just saying.

v j stauffer
11-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Just caught a biggie.

1st place with 3 races to go.

Top 2 qualify for $4000 tourney next weekend.

Had to put up $212 today.

Big chance.

Karma please! :jump:

Stillriledup
11-08-2015, 05:50 PM
Just caught a biggie.

1st place with 3 races to go.

Top 2 qualify for $4000 tourney next weekend.

Had to put up $212 today.

Big chance.

Karma please! :jump:

Good job, that was a hard race, lots of longshots had a chance, hang in there!

v j stauffer
11-08-2015, 06:47 PM
Good job, that was a hard race, lots of longshots had a chance, hang in there!

One race to go. Looks like I'm in. Mathematics VERY favorable.

v j stauffer
11-08-2015, 06:50 PM
Funny how everybody that's part of the PA team disappears except you SRU when I have a chance to do a little good.

Classy bunch as always.

One for all, all for one. Yeah right :ThmbDown:

thaskalos
11-08-2015, 06:56 PM
Funny how everybody that's part of the PA team disappears except you SRU when I have a chance to do a little good.

Classy bunch as always.

We have things to do, Vic...this site doesn't pay our bills. If this conversation were held at a more opportune time...then I would have extended my best wishes to you as well. :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
11-08-2015, 06:56 PM
I'm here, represent....in!

Hang in there!!

v j stauffer
11-08-2015, 07:15 PM
We have things to do, Vic...this site doesn't pay our bills. If this conversation were held at a more opportune time...then I would have extended my best wishes to you as well. :ThmbUp:

Thanks.

Tall One
11-08-2015, 07:28 PM
One race to go. Looks like I'm in. Mathematics VERY favorable.

Good job, Vic.. :ThmbUp:

v j stauffer
11-08-2015, 07:31 PM

As long as you don't lose the $$$ you're going to use to stake EMD, I don't care what you do.

Donttellmeshowme
11-08-2015, 07:38 PM
As long as you don't lose the $$$ you're going to use to stake EMD, I don't care what you do.

Another straight fire from Vic....

thaskalos
11-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Your money is in bigger jeopardy than mine is.

thaskalos
11-08-2015, 08:05 PM
What...first you thank me...and now THIS?

Make up your mind already.

Stillriledup
11-08-2015, 08:26 PM

:lol:

Wow, you're something else.

v j stauffer
11-08-2015, 10:23 PM
What...first you thank me...and now THIS?

Make up your mind already.

Why can't it be both?

I appreciate the thanks.

You posted a long speech about how you'd financially back EMD against me for thousands of dollars.

I think I'd win those dollars.

People can be competitors and respectful when someone says good job.

Yet still have disdain and want to kick that person's butt.

Make up your mind.

v j stauffer
11-08-2015, 10:26 PM
:lol:

Wow, you're something else.

Thanks

v j stauffer
11-08-2015, 10:33 PM
Your money is in bigger jeopardy than mine is.

I don't think so.

We'll find out when the matches start.

I strongly believe I'll be successful.

thaskalos
11-08-2015, 10:57 PM
I don't think so.

We'll find out when the matches start.

I strongly believe I'll be successful.

I would be worried...were it not for the fact that I was here when you were boasting about your tournament POKER prowess too. Remember when you came here not too long ago, to try and sell shares of yourself for the WSOP? You advertised yourself as having "several poker tournament victories" under your belt...when the truth was that you were just a poker-playing NOVICE, with a little extra money in your pocket. "I SUCK AT POKER"...you now readily admit. I got a hunch that you'll be making similar declarations about the DerbyWars tournaments...when EMD4ME gets through with you.

Many a fool has gotten his hands on a little money, Vic...but KEEPING it is an altogether different story. As they say:

"A fool and his money...were lucky to get together in the first place."

v j stauffer
11-09-2015, 02:19 AM
I would be worried...were it not for the fact that I was here when you were boasting about your tournament POKER prowess too. Remember when you came here not too long ago, to try and sell shares of yourself for the WSOP? You advertised yourself as having "several poker tournament victories" under your belt...when the truth was that you were just a poker-playing NOVICE, with a little extra money in your pocket. "I SUCK AT POKER"...you now readily admit. I got a hunch that you'll be making similar declarations about the DerbyWars tournaments...when EMD4ME gets through with you.

Many a fool has gotten his hands on a little money, Vic...but KEEPING it is an altogether different story. As they say:

"A fool and his money...were lucky to get together in the first place."

OK. I guess we'll find out when we play. The rest is just posturing and talk.

Reach out when EMD is ready to roll.

Or not, remember EMD stated he didn't need your backing. Which begs the question why are you even involved or posting on the matter?

Unless of course you want to play me yourself.

I'd be happy to compete against you as well.

Otherwise this seems to be between me and EMD.

Which means you should either put up or buzz off.

I've got work to do to prepare for next weekend.

thaskalos
11-09-2015, 02:29 AM
OK. I guess we'll find out when we play. The rest is just posturing and talk.

Reach out when EMD is ready to roll.

Or not, remember EMD stated he didn't need your backing. Which begs the question why are you even involved or posting on the matter?

Unless of course you want to play me yourself.

I'd be happy to compete against you as well.

Otherwise this seems to be between me EMD.

Which means you should either put up or buzz off.

I've got work to do to prepare for next weekend.

Don't worry...I'll put up. Get your feet wet with EMD4ME first...because facing me right away might be a shock to your system. We are REAL players, Vic...not the tournament variety, who brag about their "victories" while keeping their losses a secret.

Ah...and good luck next weekend. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :kiss:

Stillriledup
11-09-2015, 02:33 AM
Don't worry...I'll put up. Get your feet wet with EMD4ME first...because facing me right away might be a shock to your system. We are REAL players, Vic...not the tournament variety, who brag about their "victories" while keeping their losses a secret.

Aren't you essentially keeping your fingers crossed for YOU (since the money Vic wins will eventually be in your pocket) :D

v j stauffer
11-09-2015, 02:35 AM

Thanks. I need all the well wishes and good mojo I can get.

Appreciate the support.

v j stauffer
11-09-2015, 02:37 AM
Aren't you essentially keeping your fingers crossed for YOU (since the money Vic wins will eventually be in your pocket) :D

It's not REAL money SRU. It's tournament money.

That doesn't count. :(

Stillriledup
11-09-2015, 02:39 AM
It's not REAL money SRU. It's tournament money.

That doesn't count. :(

Just having fun with you Vic. Did you win that contest today?

v j stauffer
11-09-2015, 03:12 AM
Just having fun with you Vic. Did you win that contest today?

I did. Got lucky. We'll see if we can parlay it into a good payday next weekend at DM.

Stillriledup
11-09-2015, 05:04 AM
I did. Got lucky. We'll see if we can parlay it into a good payday next weekend at DM.

Congrats :ThmbUp:

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity.

Tall One
11-09-2015, 01:00 PM
Like jail????

Seinfeld reference on Ekman.

He's out, btw.. ;)

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2015, 04:19 PM
how could anything ever be addressed when you have SOOO many people FIGHTING vehemently that 100% of racing is TOTALLY legit. Yeah, except, there's exactly 0 people here who hold that belief. So you're out of the game before even the first pitch is thrown...

Nice try though.

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2015, 04:20 PM
someone suggests a conspiracy and you have minions (you all know who you are) that just believe the game is 100 pct honest and get offended that anyone dare question anything!Another clown post from you. There's nobody on this board who thinks the game is 100 pct honest.

Enough from you two already.

YOU AND EMD ARE TWO OF THE BIGGEST "I CAN NEVER BE WRONG" posters on this site.

Nothing wrong with that of course. A lot of people still love you and all...but at least own your personality flaws.

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2015, 04:23 PM
A lot of people care, the proof is in the views and replies that my postings receive, so unfortunately, nobody caring isnt entirely correct.It's kinda sad that you actually take time out to notice or keep track of such things.

Do you realize in my 16+ years of running this site, I don't think I've ever stopped to take note of how many views and/or replies any of my many thousands of postings may have received....

This says much about you and how you operate around here...

whodoyoulike
11-09-2015, 04:27 PM

Congrats!! And, good luck next weekend.

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2015, 04:28 PM
AS A HUMBLE HUMAN BEING, IT TRULY, ON MY MOTHER'S LIFE, KILLS ME TO SPEAK THIS WAY BUT READING RESPONSES IN THIS THREAD HAS LEFT ME NO CHOICE BUT TO DEFEND MY NAME.

Since I enrolled in PA, it has been the most fashionable practice to BASH me. I didn't realize the following but I've learned to live with it as the information was thrown my way from various sources......

People hate me because I:

1) Have the testicular fortitude to say it like it is. I am not 100% right in all my posts. HELL, I've been wrong many times. However, I have been accurate way too often on things that were not only hard to see but almost impossible to see.

2) People hate me because I am contrarian.

3) People hate me because I bet $500,000 and some years up to a million dollars a year. I don't have much expendible income. I bet so much because I A) WIN A LOT B) Because I play quite often C) I'll send it in when I feel a play is warranted. I SERIOUSLY THOUGHT THAT I WAS A PEON NEXT TO THE PEOPLE ON HERE. After hearing what many of PA nation probably bets, I feel stupid for initially being initimated by their perceived horse racing handle.

TorEkman can attest to this claim, as I send him ONE of my ADW stats earlier this year. (just in case some of you doubt what I say)

4) People hate me because give or take, I have had many profitable years playing horses OR I've held my own (break even) at the aforementioned handle numbers or I've finished at the takeout point of betting horses. (Yes, I have had many losing years, painful losing years playing horses.) Yes, IRS/Uncle Sam, I know you can read this and I have had nothing to hide, evidenced by the hundreds of thousands that I've paid in taxes over the years to you solely due to my horseplaying tendencies.

5) People hate me because I don't protect feelings and put out there what needs to be out there.

6)People hate me because.....

I have thick skin and I'm no sissy, so I defend myself in a classy, respectable and factual fashion.

I would have no problem adhering to your request, however, after reading the remaining portion of this thread, responses are warranted. As you may know already, I am 100000% Greek. There is nothing MORE IMPORTANT to a true Greek, than his reputation, name and honor.

I am sure you would feel the same way if you were in my position.

Before I reply to the masses who attacked/critiqued me, I wanted to give you the respectful courtest of telling you WHY I am doing so.

I respect and like your posts as well. I feel compelled to do so, so....my apolgies in advance.You get bashed by me for a reason. Because you've posted some pretty ****ing ridiculous shit that should NEVER go unchallenged at the very least (and probably should have been deleted).

Anyone who has been in this game or a fan of this game for any length of time, and let's some of the things you've posted go by without rebuttal, is doing a serious disservice to the game in general.

Contrarian is one thing. Insane is quite another.

Tough shit if you don't like it. I speak my mind too.

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2015, 04:30 PM
Check all of my almost 3000 posts. I NEVER, not once, attacked anyone on here. It's in vogue to go after me. However,I defend when attacked.Pointing out your insane ridiculousness is not an attack. It's an act of compassion and good will.

whodoyoulike
11-09-2015, 04:30 PM
It's kinda sad that you actually take time out to notice or keep track of such things.

Do you realize in my 16+ years of running this site, I don't think I've ever stopped to take note of how many views and/or replies any of my many thousands of postings may have received....

This says much about you and how you operate around here...

How does one find out how many replies and posts are the result of one's post?

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2015, 04:48 PM
You do have a point about PA sucking up to Serling and deleting ur posts. Just saying.Are you for ****ing real? What has ever been said or done on here that would have you thinking it would be any other way.

I DON'T LIKE SRU...have I not made that abundantly clear? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some people are dense.

cj
11-09-2015, 04:51 PM

Send SRU a PM, he obviously knows.

whodoyoulike
11-09-2015, 04:58 PM
Send SRU a PM, he obviously knows.

Actually, your reply provided me the answer.

Thanks,

Tall One
11-09-2015, 05:21 PM

Only way I know is if you start the thread, and you can see the reply & view totals.

whodoyoulike
11-09-2015, 05:29 PM
Only way I know is if you start the thread, and you can see the reply & view totals.

But, the replies are not just only to your posts unless you're a self-centered individual and think they actually are responding to just you.

EMD4ME
11-09-2015, 06:04 PM

Hellooooooo Vic :)

That's awesome and I'm sincerely happy for you. As they say in birthday wishes...

AND MANY MORE!!!!!

EMD4ME

EMD4ME
11-09-2015, 06:14 PM

Decent start.

Vic,

You speak the truth. Here's what I mean, to be specific:

Yes, we may good players in the real world. Yes, YOU ARE EONS ahead of me in terms of tournament play/Derby wars play. I have almost ZERO experience in that fashion of play. I sincerely appreciate your suggestion that I start playing some small games to get a feel for it. I have zero doubt that you are 10000% more qualified to win a Derby War, as I have zero experience with it.

With that said, I accept your challenge to Derby Wars (again) and we will play together. What I do ask in return, is that we do play head to head (via PA in a new thread) in a 2 month contest. We both start with $5,000 and run for 2 months. Whoever has more at the end, wins. If one busts before the 2 months are over, obviously the game is over.

I do still have questions about Derby Wars. I will PM you the questions.

Sincerely,

EMD4ME

EMD4ME
11-09-2015, 06:18 PM
Seinfeld reference on Ekman.

He's out, btw.. ;)

Forgive my obtuseness LOL. I don't remember the Seinfeld reference to Ekman.

Is Tor around? Did he get banned/suspended? We were both Met Fans and he's half greek, so I don't want to see the man go.....

EMD4ME
11-09-2015, 06:20 PM

Classy bunch as always.

I was tied up playing horses, no offense pal. I was late but I am happy for ya.

EMD4ME
11-09-2015, 06:24 PM
Yeah, except, there's exactly 0 people here who hold that belief. So you're out of the game before even the first pitch is thrown...

Nice try though.

PA,

People don't JUST disagree with me on here (disagreement is fine). Please reread the posts. They go about 17 dozen steps further. They attack personally......and continously write about how I lose money/I can't win at this game because I say all is fixed. They sit here and INFER THAT I'M A LOSER PLAYER because I think any larceny exists in the game we love. I don't sit here and say all is fixed. I question/point out SUPREMELY OBVIOUS QUESTIONABLE SITUATIONS/INSTANCES. In return I get blasted for even thinking that something nefarious could be up.

IF and I say IF, I point out that a horse was used as a ringer, because the horse had no shot to perform the way it did/does, I would get 200 responses that I am a loser who can't handicap. I would be told I make stuff up to cover up my inability to handicap. If for example I said that about the MVR race, I would be banned and mocked. If hypothetically, the truth came out afterwards (as it did), that a ringer was involved, no one would say he's not a loser. One way street around here (with certain posters)

Ex #2: As I scream my horse was taken down for "gate infraction" (At PENN), 15 minutes apart, Bayern is left up for a blatant gate infraction that is 10 X less worse than my horse at PENN.

In both instances there are people speaking to me on here as if the game is UNQUESTIONABLY 100% legit and that I am satan for questioning the integrity of the game.

There is a HUGE difference between being a loser who can't cap AND a good player who sees BS when he sees it.

cj
11-09-2015, 06:26 PM
Without saying much more, I respectfully ask you reread all the posts on your sight.

EMD4ME

He'd be here until 2048 with no sleep.

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2015, 06:35 PM
PA,

People don't JUST disagree with me on here (disagreement is fine). Please reread the posts. They go about 17 dozen steps further. They attack personally......and continously write about how I lose money/I can't win at this game because I say all is fixed. I don't sit here and say all is fixed. I question/point SUPREMELY OBVIOUS QUESTIONABLE SITUATIONS/INSTANCES.

Without saying much more, I respectfully ask you reread all the posts on your sight.

EMD4MENo, you don't say all is fixed, just like I don't say all is legit.

However, you pretty much convict jockeys, starters, owners and trainers of all kinds of crazy things, with little to no evidence to back up your claims. Even when you do present evidence (such as video evidence), and others on here explain to you exactly what happened, you still don't accept it...

Like I said, you and SRU can never be wrong...I get it.

We're the noobs with our heads buried in the sand, and you have all the answers...

EMD4ME
11-09-2015, 06:36 PM
No, you don't say all is fixed, just like I don't say all is legit.

However, you pretty much convict jockeys, starters, owners and trainers of all kinds of crazy things, with little to no evidence to back up your claims. Even when you do present evidence (such as video evidence), and others on here explain to you exactly what happened, you still don't accept it...

We're the noobs with our heads buried in the sand, and you have all the answers...

No...I am wrong many times. I know that.

EMD4ME
11-09-2015, 06:37 PM
He'd be here until 2048 with no sleep.

I can appreciate humor sir. :lol: :lol:

EMD4ME
11-09-2015, 06:40 PM
You get bashed by me for a reason. Because you've posted some pretty ****ing ridiculous shit that should NEVER go unchallenged at the very least (and probably should have been deleted).

Anyone who has been in this game or a fan of this game for any length of time, and let's some of the things you've posted go by without rebuttal, is doing a serious disservice to the game in general.

You are 10000% right. My "ridiculous shit" should never go unchallenged.

I just ask that my plausible and possible GRAY area questions/accussations be allowed to live and not challenged immediately to a death penalty for even thinking of them.

cj
11-09-2015, 06:41 PM
I can appreciate humor sir. :lol: :lol:

I'm much funnier in person. :)

Stillriledup
11-09-2015, 06:43 PM
No, you don't say all is fixed, just like I don't say all is legit.

I'm pretty sure I don't Come across on this site as someone who never admits to being wrong or someone who has all the answers.

cj
11-09-2015, 06:44 PM
I'm pretty sure I don't Come across on this site as someone who never admits to being wrong or someone who has all the answers.

Is it April 1st? My thing in the little corner says November 9th, but obviously this is a joke, right?

Stillriledup
11-09-2015, 06:46 PM
Is it April 1st? My thing in the little corner says November 9th, but obviously this is a joke, right?

You think PA has a point? Do i come across as a KIA who never admits he's wrong? :eek:

EMD4ME
11-09-2015, 06:46 PM
Another clown post from you. There's nobody on this board who thinks the game is 100 pct honest.

Enough from you two already.

YOU AND EMD ARE TWO OF THE BIGGEST "I CAN NEVER BE WRONG" posters on this site.

Nothing wrong with that of course. A lot of people still love you and all...but at least own your personality flaws.

My #1 personality flaw is being too loyal.
#2 being too passionate.
#3 being a horse racing fan
#4 being too innocent for real life crooks
#5 speaking too much from the heart
#6 being humble too often
#7 being too open with passionate thoughts
#8 not being politically correct enough on this forum
#9 being too open to discussion and debate. (People get pissed that I challenge thoughts-TO MAKE SOMEONE THINK MORE/NOT BECAUSE I AM CONVINCED I AM RIGHT)
#10 stooping down to other's levels to make them understand how repulsive their behavior is (as a last resort to reach an understanding).
#11 Why bore you anymore....

In all seriousness, I own up to it all.

EMD4ME
11-09-2015, 06:48 PM
I'm much funnier in person. :)

I'd be honored to meet one day CJ, seriously. I wish I could come to CT ( I grew up there and can tell you stories as a 4 year old running behind those trainer seats.......) but I couldn't. Aqueduct (a stones throw away) was as far as I could travel.

cj
11-09-2015, 06:50 PM
I'd be honored to meet one day CJ, seriously. I wish I could come to CT ( I grew up there and can tell you stories as a 4 year old running behind those trainer seats.......) but I couldn't. Aqueduct (a stones throw away) was as far as I could travel.

I'll let you know when I am going to be there. Was at Belmont on opening day, me and about 30 or 40 others.

EMD4ME
11-09-2015, 06:51 PM
You get bashed by me for a reason. Because you've posted some pretty ****ing ridiculous shit that should NEVER go unchallenged at the very least (and probably should have been deleted).

I respect and EXPECT your opinion. I hate 1 way streets. Thank you, sincerely.

EMD4ME
11-09-2015, 06:54 PM
I'll let you know when I am going to be there. Was at Belmont on opening day, me and about 30 or 40 others.

That would be nice. By the way, met a nice man who works for NYRA saturday. Very cordial and looking to help. Even offered to help me replace my TVG hat!

He said he loves PA and despite not being a poster, he loves reading the drama, cough cough, I mean the intelligent discussion here on this site.

Thought I'd pass that along.

rastajenk
11-09-2015, 07:10 PM
Not all the answers. All the questions; even the silly ones.

EMD4ME
11-09-2015, 07:14 PM
Not all the answers. All the questions; even the silly ones.

Questions are thought provoking which is good. We all need our brains.

He's like the moderator who creates the back and forth bantor but who needs moderating sometimes.

An asset in my eyes.

Sometimes, I realize that SRU is really PA in disguise but I'm in denial. :eek: :eek: :eek: ;) :lol: :lol:

Stillriledup
11-09-2015, 07:22 PM
Questions are thought provoking which is good. We all need our brains.

He's like the moderator who creates the back and forth bantor but who needs moderating sometimes.

An asset in my eyes.

Sometimes, I realize that SRU is really PA in disguise but I'm in denial. :eek: :eek: :eek: ;) :lol: :lol:

Wow you just gave PA a major compliment. I think just like the Asian dating banners on his site he gonna 'love you long time" :D

NorCalGreg
11-09-2015, 07:28 PM
Wow you just gave PA a major compliment. I think just like the Asian dating banners on his site he gonna 'love you long time" :D

Think that loud"POP" you just heard was P.A. blowing his brains out.

proximity
11-09-2015, 07:33 PM
#2 being too passionate.
#9 being too open to discussion and debate. (People get pissed that I challenge thoughts-TO MAKE SOMEONE THINK MORE/NOT BECAUSE I AM CONVINCED I AM RIGHT)
#10 stooping down to other's levels to make them understand how repulsive their behavior is (as a last resort to reach an understanding).

while i wouldn't brand you as being a full bore sru level wolf cryer i'd say your biggest "personality flaw" is being a chronic overreactor.

recent example: your list of why everyone hates you.

except maybe v.s., i'd say most people here certainly do NOT hate you.

also you should know from hanging around racing all your life that (although i believe there are a lot of good people here) most people in the track environment don't have your gifts like being able to calculate turn times at age three and great careers (your banking job) or personal lives. most horseplayers don't start hanging around tracks consistently because their lives are so great. myself included. what i'm saying is to appreciate the gifts you've been given and have some compassion for the average player.

EMD4ME
11-09-2015, 07:44 PM
while i wouldn't brand you as being a full bore sru level wolf cryer i'd say your biggest "personality flaw" is being a chronic overreactor.

also you should know from hanging around racing all your life that (although i believe there are a lot of good people here) most people in the track environment don't have your gifts like being able to calculate turn times at age three and great careers (your banking job) or personal lives. most horseplayers don't start hanging around tracks consistently because their lives are so great. myself included. what i'm saying is to appreciate the gifts you've been given and have some compassion for the average player.

Oh my lord, if you met me, you'd truly believe what I'll tell you. I appreciate and have appreciated since my teens, every single day that I have. I am extremely humble and take zero for granted. I have a ton to be miserable for but truly wake up every day and focus on what I have not what I lost or suffer with.

You are correct, maybe I do over react some times. I wouldn't say with all times or even most times, just some times.

As for the turn times, it was and IS :lol: :lol: my only talent :bang: . Math I found to be super easy from my early years at 4. I still remember that CT program from back in the day....sigh....But that's no edge as smartphones took that advantage away :lol:

EMD4ME
11-09-2015, 07:47 PM

OMG.....I just peed on my self :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EMD4ME
11-09-2015, 07:48 PM

Oh no.......what did I do.......... :D :D :D :D

NorCalGreg
11-09-2015, 07:57 PM

Hey Proxy....this calls for a HAIKU THROWDOWN

EMD crazy
nuttier than a fruitcake!
is it Vic-or both?

EMD4ME
11-09-2015, 08:02 PM
Hey Proxy....this calls for a HAIKU THROWDOWN

EMD crazy
nuttier than a fruitcake!
is it Vic-or both?

WOW!!!!!!!!! Nice job NorCalGreg!

EMD4ME
11-09-2015, 08:05 PM
NorCalGreg watch this
Head to Head will be on till
Head departs thy soul

thaskalos
11-09-2015, 08:09 PM
OMG.....I just peed on my self :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EMD4ME...an "overreactor"?

I don't know...I just don't see it. :)

EMD4ME
11-09-2015, 08:10 PM
EMD4ME...an "overreactor"?

I don't know...I just don't see it. :)

I was expressing how utterly AWESOME his joke was. I actually felt like I heard the pop from New York!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

thaskalos
11-09-2015, 08:13 PM
#2 being too passionate.

EMD4ME...I think your worst enemy here is YOU!

I've only been able to spot THREE personality flaws of yours...and here you are presenting a list of TEN!!

NorCalGreg
11-09-2015, 08:14 PM
NorCalGreg watch this
Head to Head will be on till
Head departs thy soul

Okay that was good :ThmbUp:

little too much of an "ISIS" feel....and not enough "WHIMSY" but overall good

EMD4ME
11-09-2015, 08:24 PM
EMD4ME...I think your worst enemy here is YOU!

I've only been able to spot THREE personality flaws of yours...and here you are presenting a list of TEN!!

I don't play poker, so there is no need to play tough guy or whatever.

I play parimutually, so just like in life, I am heartfelt, direct and a somewhat open book.

EMD4ME
11-09-2015, 08:26 PM
Okay that was good :ThmbUp:

little too much of an "ISIS" feel....and not enough "WHIMSY" but overall good

It was a play on words :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I was sticking to a headsy topic. I left out the wins by a head :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But you get my point :lol: :lol: :lol:

proximity
11-09-2015, 08:28 PM

delmar rules
a haiku by proximity:

derby wars are on
vic or emd be gone
bankrolls on the line :)

EMD4ME
11-09-2015, 08:31 PM

In certain cultures, he who causes one's demise, enjoys the fruits of the lost one's assets.

So, does SRU take over as site owner if what you say is true?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

J/K PA, we need you around, the inmates can't run this asylum without ya!!!.

EMD4ME
11-09-2015, 08:32 PM

delmar rules
a haiku by proximity:

derby wars are on
vic or emd be gone

A +

NorCalGreg
11-09-2015, 11:24 PM

delmar rules
a haiku by proximity:

derby wars are on
vic or emd be gone

Now THERE'S a well-structured haiku.

Stillriledup
11-09-2015, 11:49 PM
In certain cultures, he who causes one's demise, enjoys the fruits of the lost one's assets.

So, does SRU take over as site owner if what you say is true?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

J/K PA, we need you around, the inmates can't run this asylum without ya!!!.

Inmate number 22320 reporting for duty sir!

PaceAdvantage
11-11-2015, 02:49 PM
#2 being too passionate.

In all seriousness, I own up to it all.Hey, your list looks a lot like mine. One of us is kidding ourselves... :lol:

proximity
11-11-2015, 08:08 PM
Hey, your list looks a lot like mine. One of us is kidding ourselves... :lol:

in all seriousness
a haiku by paceadvantage:

like mine your list looks
kidding ourselves one is
own up to it all :)

NorCalGreg
11-11-2015, 08:58 PM
in all seriousness
a haiku by paceadvantage:

like mine your list looks
kidding ourselves one is
own up to it all :)

good work, proxy

a haiku by some other guy:

you talk a good game
a shame your list is so lame
sayonara vic

thank you

EMD4ME
11-11-2015, 11:05 PM
Hey, your list looks a lot like mine. One of us is kidding ourselves... :lol:

PA!!! Glad you didn't POP as NorCalGreg thought you might :D ;)

All in good humor sir!

Now, where is inmate 22320? We have some work to do....

proximity
11-12-2015, 09:21 PM
good work, proxy

a haiku by some other guy:

you talk a good game
a shame your list is so lame
sayonara vic

thank you

quadruple syllable score!!

very nice!

ReplayRandall
11-12-2015, 09:52 PM