PDA

View Full Version : Obama lied - ground forces to be deployed

Tom
10-30-2015, 10:30 AM
Breaking news - WH to speak later.
We are going into Syria, despite Obama's promises.

Let the nation-building begin.

Barack W Obama.

davew
10-30-2015, 11:32 AM
there will only be 50 special operations forces in Syria and Iraq

"you can ignore reality for awhile, but eventually you have to deal with the consequences of reality"

Clocker
10-30-2015, 11:59 AM
Breaking news - WH to speak later.
We are going into Syria, despite Obama's promises.

Move along, nothing to see here. The White House says it is not a change in policy, merely a "shift".

The White House was expected to announce the decision later Friday.

The move will be described as a "shift" but not a "change" in U.S. strategy against ISIS, another senior U.S. official told NBC News.

Rep. Mac Thornberry, chair of the House Armed Services Committee, said the expected announcement made clear the White House was feeling the pressure of a "failed policy" against ISIS.

"I'm concerned that the administration is trying to put in place limited measures — too late — that are not going to make a difference," he told NBC News. "I don't see a strategy towards accomplishing a goal, I see an effort to run out the clock without disaster."

In other words, Obama is a short timer, and his only concern is that nothing ugly happens on his watch.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s-deploy-special-operations-forces-syria-official-n454506?cid=sm_fb&hootPostID=6e8e41ae49aa0ad9372e85a8610cc3f0

NorCalGreg
10-30-2015, 12:14 PM
In other words, Obama is a short timer, and his only concern is that nothing ugly happens on his watch.

little late for that...........

johnhannibalsmith
10-30-2015, 12:57 PM
Foreign policy by a middle school violin.

Robert Fischer
10-30-2015, 01:19 PM
When we say we are 'fighting ISIS' in Syria , that's where I get lost...

I don't follow this stuff, other than skimming occasional headlines and thread topics

I had thought the purpose of this proxy conflict was to destabilize Russia's economic and power system from Tartus to Sevastopol?
http://oi65.tinypic.com/5yrtol.jpg

So why do we say this is to fight ISIS? Is that supposed to garner more support from the public or is ISIS the name of the group that Syria and Russia funds and arms to assist Syria in Syria? And what is the name of the group that we fund and arm in Syria?

This is more confusing than even the proxy wars in Afghanistan in the '80s with the Mujahideen/Taliban stuff

Robert Goren
10-31-2015, 07:28 AM
Obama is making a mistake by doing this. He is yielding to political pressure and paving the way for the next president to up the ante if he or she choses to do so. I have yet to figure out why we should do the fighting for a bunch of people who rather get their heads chopped off than fight for themselves. I don't even understand why we have to train them. ISIS has done a pretty good job of figuring how to fight without our help, haven't they? Is this yet another case of us ending on the side of people who dumber than rocks and/or greedier than a five term United States senator?

Tom
10-31-2015, 08:53 AM
Trying to train anyone in the Middle East is folly.
People without integrity of morality cannot be trained.
Those in the Middle East are from our world.
Trust no one.

sammy the sage
10-31-2015, 09:01 AM
Eisenhower...predicted ALL of THIS crap...military industrial complex/banks have bought and PAID for THE politicians...

Tom
11-03-2015, 12:33 PM
SO, after promising the American people 13 times, NO boots on the ground ( a lie to begin with, didn't we lose a soldier last week? Those were boots on the ground) Obama outright lies.

Where are the resident perv party posters who whined and cried when Bush went in to Iraq?

Come on hcap, mostie....Obama has no clear goals, no operational strategy, no exit strategy......only his legacy.

Feckless N Chief.

delayjf
11-03-2015, 12:38 PM

Isn't this how the Vietnam war started??

Eisenhower...predicted ALL of THIS crap...military industrial complex/banks have bought and PAID for THE politicians

I've heard this before, any evidence?

highnote
11-03-2015, 12:43 PM

Isn't this how the Vietnam war started??

I've heard this before, any evidence?

The Middle East is the eternal battle field. It takes a lot of oil to run a modern empire.

FantasticDan
11-03-2015, 12:58 PM
SO, after promising the American people 13 times, NO boots on the ground ( a lie to begin with, didn't we lose a soldier last week? Those were boots on the ground) Obama outright lies. Where are the resident perv party posters who whined and cried when Bush went in to Iraq? :D Bush had 170,000 US troops in Iraq. This is comparable to the US expanding their special forces by a few dozen in Syria?

Obama has said that "no boots on ground" means no battalion or troop commitment to fighting ISIS on the front lines, and that remains the case.

Tom
11-03-2015, 01:09 PM
I forgot - when we lost 4 in Benghazi, that was nothing to the Pig and the other Pig. Tell that BS ti the 50 going there. With no back up. No strategy. No exit strategy. By a president ho has a history of abandoning his people. They are being sent by a total moron who just spend 500 million to train 5 people, who sold their weapons.

Yeah, Dan, you are probably right.
What's 50 dead Americans compared to Obama's legacy?
OR 54.