PDA

View Full Version : KEN MIDDLETON

robman65
10-30-2015, 09:36 AM
Im not really a fan of this guy. He is the Canadian version of Scott Ehrlich, former Chicago announcer. These two absolutely love to listen to themselves talk. Ken is too busy handicaping the race for everyone while the gate is rolling and doesn't point out the important things such as gappers and/or breakers behind the gate until its too late. He did it again last night in the race where Lean Hanover starts breaking as the gate begins to roll and hes too busy pointing out his favoritism and past races. Meanwhile MacDonnell is pulling him up out of any chance to contend. Ken doesnt point out that hes breaking until some poor soul(s) unloaded more money on him until he drops to 4/5. His little cutsy frutsy commentary during his race calls and miscalls on horses along with his swallowing his saliva several times during his calls is very annoying. We dont even listen to him anymore. :sleeping: Volume goes down on our tv. Bring back DAWN LUPUL!!

cmp92
11-01-2015, 02:01 PM
I've noticed that most track announcers will not announce that a horse if off-stride until the race starts or in the few seconds immediate to the race going off. I don't think that is something limited to just Ken Middleton.

Unicorn
11-01-2015, 07:58 PM
You have to be careful and watch. For harness racing most announcers wont say anything about a break. I know what you mean though, because if your horse is on a break you have a very small window to cancel your bets.