Kash$
10-29-2015, 11:03 AM
Bled this morning

Tom
10-29-2015, 11:09 AM
Workout?

SandyW
10-29-2015, 11:09 AM
I told you she would not be in the money in the classic.;)

VeryOldMan
10-29-2015, 11:24 AM
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/breeders-cup/beholder-out-of-breeders-cup-classic-mare-will-remain-in-training-in-2016/

woodtoo
10-29-2015, 11:24 AM
I told you she would not be in the money in the classic.;)
Who else don't you like? :jump:

AlBundy33
10-29-2015, 11:30 AM
There goes basically any betting value that this race had outside of multi-race wagers, at least in my opinion.

PICSIX
10-29-2015, 11:30 AM
Damn it! :mad: I like AP, but, really wanted him to run against the best field possible.

Kash$
10-29-2015, 11:31 AM
There goes basically any betting value that this race had outside of multi-race wagers, at least in my opinion.

Beholder has trouble shipping but Fanatics disagree

AlBundy33
10-29-2015, 11:35 AM

Like others have said, she would have taken a lot of cash. Not to add that with her in the race, there would have been at least a shot at a decent pace within the race.

Kash$
10-29-2015, 11:36 AM
Like others have said, she would have taken a lot of cash. Not to add that with her in the race, there would have been at least a shot at a decent pace within the race.

Will Frosted be send?

Redboard
10-29-2015, 11:38 AM

My opinion too. This is a huge hole.

I wonder what the connections of Liam's Map are thinking now.

PaceAdvantage
10-29-2015, 11:44 AM
I'm sure EMD and SRU will come on here next and tell us all how the connections of AP paid off the connections of Beholder to make sure she bled in a workout... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

AlBundy33
10-29-2015, 11:46 AM
Will Frosted be send?

If they don't send him, AP wins.

If they do send him, it opens it up for Tonalist, Smooth Roller and Honor Code. Which any value that Tonalist and Honor Code did have is virtually gone.

Grits
10-29-2015, 11:47 AM
Couldn't be more disappointed.. :(

Simon Bray's (he's back!) explanation, this morning on TVG, regarding the problems associated with shipping horses via air is excellent. (Who knew, how timely.) This isn't surprising given Beholder's history. Simon shares the explanation of lung condition problems in these horses and why some are at risk. Gentlemen, in other words, it's not HER fault that she has to deal with this. I'm simply glad that Mandella takes no chance with her. She's an incredible champion mare. <3

In the video on TVG's facebook page, Simon's comments on shipping and a horse's lungs starts at the 5:33 mark.

Keen Ice, after that work, get your running shoes on....take it to AP in his last test.

Kash$
10-29-2015, 11:49 AM

Simon Bray's (he's back!) explanation, this morning on TVG, regarding the problems associated with shipping horses via air is excellent. (Who knew, how timely.) This isn't surprising given Beholder's history. Simon shares the explanation of lung condition problems in these horses and why some are at risk. Gentlemen, in other words, it's not HER fault that she has to deal with this. I'm simply glad that Mandella takes no chance with her. She's an incredible champion mare. <3

In the video, Simon's comments on shipping and a horse's lungs starts at the 5:33 mark.

Keen Ice, after that work, get your running shoes on....take it to AP in his last test.

Good news she will be back 2016

AlBundy33
10-29-2015, 11:52 AM

In the video, Simon's comments on shipping and a horse's lungs starts at the 5:33 mark.

I don't think anybody's mad at Beholder. It is what it is. It's just disappointing from a wagering standpoint or otherwise. Not going to begrudge a trainer for doing the right thing for a horse.

ebcorde
10-29-2015, 12:02 PM
I wanted her to run, I was never betting her, with that fever. anytime you hear bad news BET SOMEONE ELSE

AP, Honor Code, Tonalist, GlenEagles

Grits
10-29-2015, 12:16 PM
I don't think anybody's mad at Beholder. It is what it is. It's just disappointing from a wagering standpoint or otherwise. Not going to begrudge a trainer for doing the right thing for a horse.

I'm just not fond of dissing, of reading, "no shot" for a champion mare.

That sucks, she had no shot and would have taken a ton of money.
She had no shot at Churchill that day. She was nowhere near the horse she was in her three previous tries. Her kick was gone.

Since Beholder and Goldikova had no shot?

Why not change your name here to the more appropriate?

"SHEHADNOSHOT"

After the fact of one race, after the scratch in another. Jesus. :rolleyes:

OntheRail
10-29-2015, 12:27 PM
Some of the Luster of this race is gone... was looking forward to her running win, lose or draw... but will take the safety of the Horse over it my two minutes of elevated heart rate. Now I'll have to see who else I'm keen on to fill her shoes.

RXB
10-29-2015, 12:36 PM
Here's a quote from DeanT's blog, Tuesday of last week when the post-ship fever spike was reported: http://pullthepocket.blogspot.ca

Beholder has spiked a fever. As a horse owner who followed the blood taking, and fevers, and sickness ten days out or so with my horses, this certainly has me worried. The worst part of such things is that the horse seems perfectly fine on race day, but sometimes ends up throwing a huge clunker.

thespaah
10-29-2015, 01:12 PM
Workout?
Yep..And a good one too. A little over 0:59 for five panels

thespaah
10-29-2015, 01:14 PM
Yeah. Mandella said she is a "very aggressive mare". That she also gets worked up during shipping....
Too bad. Was looking forward to see if She is the real deal vs males.

thespaah
10-29-2015, 01:15 PM
I'm sure EMD and SRU will come on here next and tell us all how the connections of AP paid off the connections of Beholder to make sure she bled in a workout... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
They didn't?....
Queue theme music to "The X Files".....

depalma113
10-29-2015, 01:16 PM
I'm just not fond of dissing, of reading, "no shot" for a champion mare.

Since Beholder and Goldikova had no shot?

Why not change your name here to the more appropriate?

"SHEHADNOSHOT"

After the fact of one race, after the scratch in another. Jesus. :rolleyes:
Horses that spike fevers days before the biggest race of their life are easy tosses. Horses that have never won off the plane and spike a fever days before the biggest race of it's life are an even easier toss.

As for Goldikova, her form was no where near what it was in her three previous attempts. She had lost two races in a row for the first time in 4 years and looked quite average while losing the Forret.

I backed Turallure that day.

Maybe you should spend a little more time handicapping races instead of making assinine comments.

Rex Phinney
10-29-2015, 01:22 PM
Horses that spike fevers days before the biggest race of their life are easy tosses. Horses that have never won off the plane and spike a fever days before the biggest race of it's life are an even easier toss.

As for Goldikova, her form was no where near what it was in her three previous attempts. She had lost two races in a row for the first time in 4 years and looked quite average while losing the Forret.

Maybe you should spend a little more time handicapping races instead of making assinine comments.

You wanna know what makes for the best handicapping of all?

Saying a horse had no shot after they have been scratched.

Lame.

Grits
10-29-2015, 01:30 PM

Thank you, I can handicap just fine. Not a thing asinine (learn how to spell it first) about my comments. I don't care who you backed, I simply know you're running your mouth after the information was in. No mas.

v j stauffer
10-29-2015, 01:45 PM

And how this ruins EMD's 16 race place parlay. :lol:

depalma113
10-29-2015, 01:54 PM
Thank you, I can handicap just fine. Not a thing asinine (learn how to spell it first) about my comments. I don't care who you backed, I simply know you're running your mouth after the information was in. No mas.

I ran my mouth long before this news came up. This isn't the only site I post on. I took plenty of abuse on the Bloodhorse because I didn't like her in the race.

ArlJim78
10-29-2015, 01:56 PM
I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see how EMD4ME folds this scratch into his intriguing web of conspiracy theories surrounding AP.

RXB
10-29-2015, 02:02 PM

Not American Pharoah's connections, it's the Brothers Ortiz Mafia behind it. They've already taken over NYRA and are using the Breeders Cup to extend their territory. Irad and Jose are betting millions into Asian dark pools on a straight AP-Keen Ice exacta; nothing and no one can be permitted to stand in their way. Baffert and Zayat, Mandella and Hughes are mere pawns of the Ortiz menace.

(Helpful note for VicS: SATIRE.)

thaskalos
10-29-2015, 02:03 PM
I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see how EMD4ME folds this scratch into his intriguing web of conspiracy theories surrounding AP.
EMD4ME's rant will be about the "cowardly" scratching of Liam's Map...and how his chances of winning the race would have improved vastly due to the eventual scratch of Beholder.

AlBundy33
10-29-2015, 02:17 PM
Not American Pharoah's connections, it's the Brothers Ortiz Mafia behind it. They've already taken over NYRA and are using the Breeders Cup to extend their territory. Irad and Jose are betting millions into Asian dark pools on a straight AP-Keen Ice exacta; nothing and no one can be permitted to stand in their way. Baffert and Zayat, Mandella and Hughes are mere pawns of the Ortiz menace.

(Helpful note for VicS: SATIRE.)

So after this, is it on to Dubai? :lol:

nijinski
10-29-2015, 02:21 PM
I feel bad for the connections . All the work that got them this far and now this . They tried . Stroke of bad luck .

burnsy
10-29-2015, 02:24 PM
This is why one should not "commit" in any form of betting. No one knows whose going to run until about Saturday morning. This has been proven time and time again for races like this.

Anyone still want to bet Beholder?...I'll book it........ :lol:

People even tried to tell themselves the "fever" was ok....yeah, that went over aces.

Stillriledup
10-29-2015, 02:31 PM
This is why one should not "commit" in any form of betting. No one knows whose going to run until about Saturday morning. This has been proven time and time again for races like this.

Anyone still want to bet Beholder?...I'll book it........ :lol:

People even tried to tell themselves the "fever" was ok....yeah, that went over aces.

The BC should have a future book w fixed odds, here's how it works. Open the betting on the Saturday a week before the BC (or after posts are drawn, or both) let people bet whatever they want, the betting closes at a predetermined time, lets say Sunday morning. When the pool locks, you're locked in just like the Churchill Derby futures. No refunds on scratches obviously just like future book.

rastajenk
10-29-2015, 02:46 PM
If it had "fixed odds" then it wouldn't be like Derby Futures. They're pari-mutuel odds, too, you know. I don't see what the appeal of your one-week Future Bet would be.

LottaKash
10-29-2015, 02:55 PM
Too bad about the scratch..

I was looking forward to the perceived drama that was to come....

It certainly removed a handicapping-twist out of the process....

I believed that Beholder would have stalked the chit out of AP...

olddaddy
10-29-2015, 02:56 PM
If it had "fixed odds" then it wouldn't be like Derby Futures. They're pari-mutuel odds, too, you know. I don't see what the appeal of your one-week Future Bet would be.

I dont think fixed odds are allowed only parimutuel. And parimutuel a week before is ridiculous, no one would play it.

Stillriledup
10-29-2015, 03:40 PM

My mistake they wouldn't be fixed odds, it would be parimutuel, but once the pool closers, you're 'locked in' to your price.

The appeal is that if you hate a horse you can get locked in on someone else, the people who planned on betting against Beholder got left holding the bag.

Dark Horse
10-29-2015, 04:59 PM
I did like the race with Beholder. Setting a fast pace, with AP forced to stay close, and a real chance for the closers. But now... A disappointing field for the richest race of the year.

whodoyoulike
10-29-2015, 05:20 PM
Who else don't you like? :jump:

Since no one else has commented .... Good one!! I think we may have a similar sense of humor.

What about using Lasix?

Isn't that supposed to help bleeders?

Do horses work with Lasix?

After all, she races with Lasix.

And, I know there was a thread recently about horses using Lasix etc. It's just so hard to search for prior threads. Much easier to ask.

nijinski
10-29-2015, 05:41 PM
[QUOTE=whodoyoulike]Since no one else has commented .... Good one!! I think we may have a similar sense of humor.

What about using Lasix?

And, I know there was a thread recently about horses using Lasix etc. It's just so hard to search for prior threads. Much easier to ask.[/

She needs time to recover .apparantly she first had a mild temp after shipping and now the stress of training and she bled . I think she will now be sidelined to recover and who really knows when or if she will return . She's a valuable mare . If the scoping just showed some traces maybe yes . If more , I have a feeling , no . I don't no her med schedule but if she did work with Lasix and had breakthrough bleed . She s too valuable likely to keep in training . Perhaps one of the trainers could elaborate .

johnhannibalsmith
10-29-2015, 07:15 PM
I have no idea if this mare works on lasix but where I was at I'm not sure that a single vet would get to the track before raceday lasix time if they didn't get to build that practice with morning lasix.

pandy
10-29-2015, 07:43 PM
Sucks. If she ran her best race she may have been the fastest there.

handyman1968
10-29-2015, 07:46 PM
Yeah. Mandella said she is a "very aggressive mare". That she also gets worked up during shipping....
Too bad. Was looking forward to see if She is the real deal vs males.

If that's the case then she doesn't travel well which should be taken into equation when handicapping her in races.

Donttellmeshowme
10-29-2015, 07:46 PM
Since no one else has commented .... Good one!! I think we may have a similar sense of humor.

What about using Lasix?

And, I know there was a thread recently about horses using Lasix etc. It's just so hard to search for prior threads. Much easier to ask.

She needs time to recover after bleeding. The horse was not right. First she had a fever then she bled during a gallop. Mandella did the right thing. Horse isbt right and you have to be right when you run in the Classic for 5 million.

whodoyoulike
10-29-2015, 08:42 PM
She needs time to recover after bleeding. The horse was not right. First she had a fever then she bled during a gallop. Mandella did the right thing. Horse isbt right and you have to be right when you run in the Classic for 5 million.

I recall now that this was mentioned in the other thread regarding Lasix.

Thanks,

cbp
10-29-2015, 08:56 PM
Sucks. If she ran her best race she may have been the fastest there.

How's this 'fast' horse so ridiculously fragile? She can't ship without spiking a fever? Should we have the groom rush for her smelling salts whenever there's an above whisper noise or a > 2 mph breeze? What's her edge and did they stop for the big race?

Grits
10-29-2015, 09:20 PM
How's this 'fast' horse so ridiculously fragile? She can't ship without spiking a fever? Should we have the groom rush for her smelling salts whenever there's an above whisper noise or a > 2 mph breeze? What's her edge and did they stop for the big race?

Trolling. Again. What you know about lung infection, its susceptibility and its complications, be it, horses or humans, regardless how small or how great, wouldn't span the head of a pin.

Try going to TVG and listening to Simon Bray discuss it. Maybe you'll learn something. :rolleyes:

nijinski
10-29-2015, 10:08 PM

The great Nijinsky was not only very high strung , he also suffered some ailments prior to some of his big races ,. His trainer Vincent O'Brien had his Vet travel with him prior to his races because of this . You just never know with 'thoroughbreds .

raybo
10-29-2015, 10:40 PM
Beholder's scratching is sad and disappointing. I was really looking forward to her running. The worst part, assuming she will bet through this ans race in 2016, is that her running, and hopefully running well, would have been good for the game.

Now, back to the problem it presents in the Classic. Who is going to pressure AP? They all know that loose on an easy lead is not a good thing for them. I doubt Frosted will try it again, as it didn't work out well before, but maybe one of the others?

Spiderman
10-29-2015, 10:57 PM
I hope she recovers. Big dissapointment to racing fans/bettors. She is an outstanding mare for all ages.

NY BRED
10-30-2015, 05:29 AM
There is a larger story here.

While Beholder was a major threat based upon her last two races
including her age AND speed #'s this racing world has truly
been revolving around AP and Zayat.

All of the entries , aside from Honor Code, stand little chance of beating
the recent Triple Crown Winner Running in the Travers was a major
mistake as I previously stated, running in this race isn't based on
Baffert's approval.

Enjoy the ride, bet against at your own risk

:cool: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :cool:

castaway01
10-30-2015, 08:22 AM
There is a larger story here.

While Beholder was a major threat based upon her last two races
including her age AND speed #'s this racing world has truly
been revolving around AP and Zayat.

All of the entries , aside from Honor Code, stand little chance of beating
the recent Triple Crown Winner Running in the Travers was a major
mistake as I previously stated, running in this race isn't based on
Baffert's approval.

Enjoy the ride, bet against at your own risk

:cool: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :cool:

You're the one who wanted AP retired after the Travers for the horse's own safety, right? So he was a cripple but now you say we should bet with both hands? Genius.

And if you think Baffert didn't give his 100% approval to this race, you must have missed the last 20 years of Baffert's training career.

EMD4ME
10-30-2015, 09:06 AM

Incorrect. Come on PA, you're better than that. I would never say that :bang: :lol:

Hypothetically, of course, here's what a determined and unethical person would think:

Why would you pay the connections of the victim horse when the proper strategy is to pay the security guard to put some blood thinners in the horse's feed?

tucker6
10-30-2015, 09:32 AM
Incorrect. Come on PA, you're better than that. I would never say that :bang: :lol:

Hypothetically, of course, here's what a determined and unethical person would think:

Why would you pay the connections of the victim horse when the proper strategy is to pay the security guard to put some blood thinners in the horse's feed?
or the pilot to go through the worst of the air turbulence...

EMD4ME
10-30-2015, 09:35 AM
or the pilot to go through the worst of the air turbulence...

That strategy fits for the other "airplanes" that will be flying at or around 5:35 pm.

EMD4ME
10-30-2015, 09:37 AM
If I were making $40,000,0000 for a performance, I wouldn't have a problem buying an insurance policy for $3,000,000 - $5,000,000.

It's only smart ;)

PaceAdvantage
10-30-2015, 03:51 PM
If I were making $40,000,0000 for a performance, I wouldn't have a problem buying an insurance policy for $3,000,000 - $5,000,000.

It's only smart ;)Smart doesn't really seem to be in your corner when you write about anything AP... :lol: