PDA

View Full Version : Short timer Boehner sells out big time

Clocker
10-28-2015, 06:01 PM
In yet another back room deal without a hint of transparency, Dem and GOP Congressional leaders stuck it to the taxpayers, cutting a terrible deal on a new budget. The deal includes the usual fraud of big spending increases now "balanced" by big spending cuts years down the road. Which we all know will never happen.

http://i0.wp.com/www.powerlineblog.com/ed-assets/2015/10/image001.jpg (http://i0.wp.com/www.powerlineblog.com/ed-assets/2015/10/image001.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=580%2C302)

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/10/gop-say-no-to-another-bad-spending-deal.php

Jeff Sessions said:
Once again, a massive deal, crafted in secret, unveiled at the 11th hour, is being rushed through Congress under threat of panic. Once again, we have waited until an artificial deadline to force through that which our voters oppose.

At its core, this deal with President Obama does two things: First, it lifts federal spending caps for the next two years – including a $40 billion increase in spending on the federal bureaucracy. Second, it waives the federal debt limit through March of 2017, allowing for approximately $1.5 trillion to be added to the debt – ensuring no further conversation about our debt course or any corresponding action to alter it.

It exchanges instant increases in federal spending for distant savings, as much two decades down the road, that are likely to never materialize.

The deal also kicks the problem of dealing with Social Security funding way down the road.

Some writers point out that this can seriously damage the GOP in the election. The deal eliminates the usual campaign strategy of portraying the Dems as tax and spenders and claiming the GOP is fiscally responsible.

woodtoo
10-28-2015, 06:28 PM
Unreal isn't it, the Republicans with control of both house and senate, did not
put a budget on the President desk for fiscal year 2017 and extended
unlimited federal spending thru March 2017, and just voted to install Chairman of the (non)Budget Committee , Paul Ryan as Speaker of the House. You cant make this stuff up. :faint:

Tom
10-28-2015, 09:50 PM
The whores are on parade tonight.
Anyone in congress is a traitor and we should treat them as such.
Protest at their home, their schools, their wive's hair-dressers - anywhere they or their families go, follow them, protest them, intimidate them.

Their bastardly actions affect our families, so their families are now in play.
Not fair?

Of course it freaking is. Shout them down whenever they try to speak. This happened during the ACA town hall meeting and it was effective - it shook them it scared them. Make ever member of congress damned afraid to face the public. Treat the, like garbage, which they are. No respect, ever.

And let's not forget the lying scumbag Ryan is at the heart of this.

Any republican is on the hit list.

Vote Trump, and beg his to disavow the republicans as soon as he take office.
No one needs the GOP. no one should ever trust the GOP. Ever again.

Vote Hillary - get even with America.

Write in your vote - "Mr. F. U."

Clocker
10-28-2015, 10:52 PM
And let's not forget the lying scumbag Ryan is at the heart of this.

The closer Ryan gets to the Speaker job, the worse he looks.

In other news, the Speaker-to-be has endorsed the awful budget deal that John Boehner secretly negotiated (along with Mitch McConnell) with Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi. The deal passed the House this afternoon by a 266 to 167 vote, with a majority of Republicans voting against it.

Ryan had said that the process by which the deal was reached “stinks.” But my sources say that Ryan staffers participated in the secret negotiations, which seems plausible given the expertise that Ryan’s operation possesses on this subject.

If this report is true, then Ryan has even less credibility than I believe him to possess.

Even if not true, Ryan’s support for this deal is indefensible on the merits. Ryan reportedly claimed he supports the deal because “members” have expressed “a desire to wipe the slate clean, put in place a process that builds trust, and start focusing on big ideas.” But as Andy McCarthy argues, by “wiping the slate clean” what the GOP is actually doing is giving Obama a blank check and forfeiting any leverage their control over spending would have given them in the many battles to come with Obama over the next 15 months.

It also appears that Ryan is a very strong supporter of amnesty, and rumor is that part of the deal with him getting the Speaker job is that he promised not to push for amnesty during the rest of Obama's term.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/10/ryan-wins-gop-speaker-nomination-the-sell-out-commences.php

Tom
10-28-2015, 11:29 PM
In other words, he is a lying piece of garbage.
Your everyday republican.

Check his papers - maybe we can deport him for being a tool.

Is that record hurricane still moving east?
Any chance it could do some good and hit DC?

The British should have torched more in 1812....like all of it.
IF they had taken us back, maybe we would have some integrity today.

Clocker
10-29-2015, 10:11 AM
Despite the support of Speaker Boehner and Speaker-to-be Ryan for the sleazy budget deal, Republicans in the House voted over 2-1 against it.

The GOP vote was 167 Nay, 79 Yea. No shock, the deal got the unanimous Yea vote of the House Democrats.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/79-republicans-voted-mega-budget

Tom
10-29-2015, 10:31 AM
167 functioning brain in the house.
Out of 435.

Go away, Boehner, go far away.
And take your lap dog Ryan with you.

thaskalos
10-29-2015, 02:31 PM
I have said it before...and I will say it once again. At the highest level of government...there is absolutely no difference between "democrat" and "republican". They are both serving the exact same agenda. The only apparent difference between the two political groups exists at the LOWER level...where empty rhetoric is used to create the illusion that the voters have a real "choice" to make come election time. :rolleyes:

horses4courses
10-29-2015, 02:34 PM
I have said it before...and I will say it once again. At the highest level of government...there is absolutely no difference between "democrat" and "republican". They are both serving the exact same agenda. The only apparent difference between the two political groups exists at the LOWER level...where empty rhetoric is used to create the illusion that the voters have a real "choice" to make come election time. :rolleyes:

Sad but true.......

LottaKash
10-29-2015, 02:47 PM
Sad but true.......

Yes...very...

Reminds me of what I learned about Ancient Rome, before "their" ultimate demise...And, I truly believe that we are quite close to being "them" now...

Tom
10-29-2015, 03:04 PM
This government if FAR worse than King George ever was.
And we went to war with him.

What should we do with this useless house of liars?

Clocker
10-29-2015, 03:25 PM
I have said it before...and I will say it once again. At the highest level of government...there is absolutely no difference between "democrat" and "republican".

There are big differences. Like Democrats think that deficit spending is not a problem. Republicans think that it is a problem, and that someone needs to do something about that sometime. Just not them and not right now.

thaskalos
10-29-2015, 04:57 PM
There are big differences. Like Democrats think that deficit spending is not a problem. Republicans think that it is a problem, and that someone needs to do something about that sometime. Just not them and not right now.
Those "big differences" are just talk...to keep the populace detracted and arguing...as WE are at this site. :)

Clocker
10-29-2015, 05:07 PM
Those "big differences" are just talk...to keep the populace detracted and arguing...as WE are at this site. :)

You don't think that promising to take some indefinite action about the problem at some indefinite time in the future is more responsible than ignoring it? :D

thaskalos
10-29-2015, 05:15 PM
You don't think that promising to take some indefinite action about the problem at some indefinite time in the future is more responsible than ignoring it? :D
I had a feeling that your post was made with tongue-in-cheek...but your first sentence threw me. :)

Clocker
10-29-2015, 05:27 PM
I had a feeling that your post was made with tongue-in-cheek...but your first sentence threw me. :)

A web forum is not the best medium for sarcasm. :p

Clocker
10-30-2015, 12:19 PM
The Senate, sleep walking at 3AM this morning, passed the budget deal by a vote of 64-35. All 35 Nay votes were GOP, while 17 Republicans voted Yea.

The liberal media of course is calling it a bipartisan budget agreement despite 2-1 opposition by the GOP.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2015/10/30/senate-approves-two-year-bipartisan-budget-agreement/

classhandicapper
10-30-2015, 01:42 PM
Boehner and anyone that voted for this is a traitor or economic moron.

thaskalos
10-30-2015, 03:23 PM
Boehner and anyone that voted for this is a traitor or economic moron.
The real morons are those who see that they are being "played"...but refuse to do anything about it. WE are the real morons. We KNOW that both the political parties are screwing us...but we still vote for one or the other come election time. And then we get back to the "important" things in our lives...like the Super Bowl, or the Kentucky Derby.

Tom
10-30-2015, 03:32 PM
Agree Thask.
I will write in a vote for FU for prez and vote against every single incumbent for everything else.

No one is qualified to hold any office, so I will forever vote against anyone in office from now on. Come, join MY party.....the Buh-bye Party.

thaskalos
10-31-2015, 04:08 AM
Agree Thask.
I will write in a vote for FU for prez and vote against every single incumbent for everything else.

No one is qualified to hold any office, so I will forever vote against anyone in office from now on. Come, join MY party.....the Buh-bye Party.

Tom...I like your idea. Your party's membership has increased by one. :ThmbUp: