PDA

View Full Version : Worst 4-1 shot ever?

Valuist
10-28-2015, 12:46 AM
Lideris in the Marathon. 7 races in North America and has never hit the board. From the 1st call on, he's never been closer than 5 lengths from the lead at any point in any of those 7 races.

Track Phantom
10-28-2015, 02:13 AM
Lideris in the Marathon. 7 races in North America and has never hit the board. From the 1st call on, he's never been closer than 5 lengths from the lead at any point in any of those 7 races.

No kidding! I think he's an easy toss. I think the linemaker had one too many glasses of wine by that point. :)

Stillriledup
10-28-2015, 05:12 AM
It does seem like a silly ML but if you wanted to play DA you could say that a deep closer in calif really has no shot on those speed favoring tracks and now, he has more of a fair shot.

SG4
10-28-2015, 08:33 PM
Not an easy race to make odds for, but still not a sharp line by any means. How about comparing Zambian Dream at 20-1 to Dynabeaver at the same ML & Fast Away at 15-1. Zambian Dream will be about 40 points lower when all is said & done than these 2 in the betting I imagine.

Valuist
10-29-2015, 01:58 AM
Not an easy race to make odds for, but still not a sharp line by any means. How about comparing Zambian Dream at 20-1 to Dynabeaver at the same ML & Fast Away at 15-1. Zambian Dream will be about 40 points lower when all is said & done than these 2 in the betting I imagine.

You are right about Zambian Dream. Big effort in dirt debut; 96 Beyer & 114 Timeform. Its Pletcher and Castellano. I think some of these morning line makers are tired by the last race. But 20-1 is a joke on this horse.

Valuist
10-30-2015, 02:16 AM

I was going thru Dacita's past performance lines and who did she face in Chile a year ago at 1 1/2 miles on the turf? None other than Zambian Dream, who finished 2nd and beat her by over 2 lengths. If you believe Dacita is good, and she looked real good in her North American debut, how tough will Zambian Dream be in the Marathon? You are correct; that 20-1 is an incredibly horrible morning line. He will likely go off as the favorite.