PDA

View Full Version : What software will you be using for the Breeders Cup.

UltimateBetter
10-26-2015, 11:29 PM
Just want to know.

Zaf
10-27-2015, 12:18 AM
TIMEFORMus and Equisim.

Z

JBmadera
10-27-2015, 06:26 AM
HTR

Capper Al
10-27-2015, 06:39 AM
I don't think there's a software that can handle the Breeders' Cup. My best guess would be that TimeformUS might provide the best Past Performances with their interchangeable figures between the North American horses and the Euros, but I don't know if they can compare the Euro's pace. Good Luck!

kevb
10-27-2015, 07:26 AM
Software: Equisim. (Hi ZAF,)

Data: TimeFormUS, TG, and BRIS pps

RichieP
10-27-2015, 09:00 AM
R.D.S.S. and Jim "The Hat" Bradshaw's "5 Step Approach" for contender and paceline selection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwuNqcKUxto

Ted Craven
10-27-2015, 09:33 AM
Hey Rich! I like your choices ;) Good luck, good skill!

Ted

PhantomOnTour
10-27-2015, 10:32 AM
I use BRIS PP Generator...and my brain.

mikesal57
10-27-2015, 11:17 AM
I'll chip in with Handifast...

Mike

Tom
10-27-2015, 12:08 PM
HTR + TFUS + rabbit's foot

ebcorde
10-27-2015, 12:47 PM
chef-de-race -pf ratings
timeform
bris
racingpost
winingest breeder's cup trainers, owners

oh and looking for Horses that have previous success in front of large crowds.
example: I like those Kentucky Derby day cards , Belmont day card, Dubai, Longchamp day card horse, etc etc etc. Undercard or the big Race.

yeah I know that sounds really dumb, Trinniberg, Little Mike, Court Vision.
but those type Horse seem to rise up to the occasion, maybe that's why their owners chose to show them off on those days.
what you call that angle? The hope it works angle lol.

GreenThumbRacing
10-27-2015, 12:56 PM
Pen and Paper

SandyW
10-27-2015, 02:30 PM
HTR, DRF, A few 4 leaf clovers, and plenty of cash.
Keenland not that friendly to handicappers.

Capper Al
10-27-2015, 02:33 PM
Use the force to beat the Cup.

passrace
10-27-2015, 02:41 PM
I will also use the force!
ALF

DRIVEWAY
10-27-2015, 02:48 PM
MultiCaps on Steroids-beta5029 for dirt races

Turf Races are manual because of foreign horses

bugboy
10-27-2015, 05:46 PM
i'm gonna ware my jock strap.....cause I know what i'm gonna lose!!!!

TexasDolly
10-27-2015, 05:49 PM
MultiCaps on Steroids-beta5029 for dirt races

Turf Races are manual because of foreign horses

How can you get a copy of Multicaps on steroids-beta ?
Thank you,
TD

PICSIX
10-27-2015, 06:36 PM
I use BRIS PP Generator...and my brain.

Same here, with the addition of capping oil! :ThmbUp:

NorCalGreg
10-27-2015, 07:09 PM
I use TIPS software, usually for my cheap claimers. In these Ultra classy big-purse races, tips like "Worked out since last race" probably not gonna lead to many winners.
Just gonna paper & pencil it. ;)

Capper Al
10-27-2015, 07:46 PM
I will also use the force!
ALF

Right, Software works with everyday North American horse races which it was design from.

Longshot
10-27-2015, 10:31 PM
EquiSim FVs written for each race.

Boulder
10-28-2015, 01:02 AM
Greg,
Where can you buy this?

Thanks

Boulder

NorCalGreg
10-28-2015, 04:24 AM
Greg,
Where can you buy this?

Thanks

Boulder

good morning.....the Pops Software is available from RPM
http://rpmhandicappinggiant.com/popstips/
@ $299+shipping

Do you know the paper and pencil methodology? If not, the software will be very little help to you, if at all.
If you DO know Pops & Tips-great. I once heard about a guy that found a copy. Let me know in PM
later
-NCG

Robert Goren
10-28-2015, 08:40 AM
A program that tells me whether a horse is first time Lasix. Those are the only winners at the BC I have gotten in ages. This year the plan is only to bet them unless some big time track bias magically appears.

UltimateBetter
10-28-2015, 08:46 AM
Where can I find the pen and pencil method I have the old tips version 6 and it works very well.

ldiatone
10-30-2015, 03:41 PM
chef-de-race -pf ratings
timeform
bris
racingpost
winingest breeder's cup trainers, owners

oh and looking for Horses that have previous success in front of large crowds.
example: I like those Kentucky Derby day cards , Belmont day card, Dubai, Longchamp day card horse, etc etc etc. Undercard or the big Race.

yeah I know that sounds really dumb, Trinniberg, Little Mike, Court Vision.
but those type Horse seem to rise up to the occasion, maybe that's why their owners chose to show them off on those days.
what you call that angle? The hope it works angle lol.
yo! if you used chef-de-race -pf ratings 7-1 winner HIT IT A BOMB

garyoz
10-30-2015, 07:46 PM
Difficult fields to separate. My experience is software is not efficacious for BC Day. However, I used to compare the British Odds compared to US odds and would find some overlays--and it worked well. See link below. I think the the Brits make a better odds line for the Turf races given the Euro starters. The arbitrage opportunity has narrowed in recent years but I think worth checking out. Did not work as well in SoCal. But I have never cared for BC in SoCal--could be other factors favoring local horses.

www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing

NorCalGreg
10-30-2015, 08:42 PM
Where can I find the pen and pencil method I have the old tips version 6 and it works very well.

Hello UB....you know, I took a look at your BC picks you posted. Was going to ask if they were Bris Summary, or software generated.....they looked familiar.

Been asked about that before...I thought the late Tom Worth's son Jon, sold the TIPS P&P method, but don't see any mention of it on his site anymore. Whatever you do, if you don't already know this--avoid the hucksters @ RPM. I called Jon's contact # but his voice mail is full at the moment--business must be good.
here's his link....and good luck :)

http://www.worthhandicapping.com/Tom_Worth_Publishing_Co_Handicapping_Horse_Races.h tml

chaz63
11-02-2015, 12:17 AM
I've tried a few programs, and it seems using BRIS insider computer picks/angles along with BRIS profitline does just as good or better. Like I said though, only tried a few programs

TJC
11-02-2015, 01:09 AM
I use JCapper with Bris MultiCaps data files for all races, every day...with good results.

NorCalGreg
11-02-2015, 03:16 AM
I've tried a few programs, and it seems using BRIS insider computer picks/angles along with BRIS profitline does just as good or better. Like I said though, only tried a few programs

Couple suggestions if anyone decides to purchase software for the first time:

DON'T spend a lot of money....there are plenty of low cost and FREE programs to try first. At least 2 or 3 are available right here on this board--look in the software thread.

When you are ready to purchase software....make sure it is TWEAKABLE---you don't want something you have no control over. No matter what the seller/programmer claims...you will want to make adjustments for, say early speed, turn-time, late, class, etc. If your software isn't tweakable, you'll just have to "play it as it lays".

I don't return anything. I figure if I was enticed to buy it--I own it. If you are the type to return things--buyer beware. There's a lot of garbage out there, and a lot of hucksters. I once bought a software program from a guy (I wasn't going to return it anyway) but his guarantee was only good if you didn't actually use the software. To use it...you had to get a "license number" so once you entered a number, to try it...the guarantee was then null and void! hahahaha This clown is actually a board member-- :lol:
And no, his name isn't Bob, and he isn't one of the pace "experts" He must have other "customers" here, because he's so rarely seen, I don't remember his handle. I deleted that junk w/in a week.

One last thing, chaz.....hope you aren't paying for that Bris stuff?
take care
-NCG

mikesal57
11-02-2015, 09:26 AM
Using Handifast , I had 10 winners listed in top 4.....
I posted them on 10/31 under Selections..
Didn't see much on this thread posting and stating their software picks

Mike

Robert Goren
11-02-2015, 12:15 PM
A program that tells me whether a horse is first time Lasix. Those are the only winners at the BC I have gotten in ages. This year the plan is only to bet them unless some big time track bias magically appears. 6 horses ran with first time Lasix and 1 won paying $14.80 for return of + 12.33%. I can live with that .

MJC922
11-02-2015, 07:06 PM
Between Liam's Map, Songbird, Stephanie's Kitten and Nyquist, anyone who took a minute or two per race and looked up the top class ranked horse probably did ok. In the Breeders' Cup with full fields and horses coming from everywhere, that's one of the few times you can probably get away with it.
Bet on top class horses in top class races.

NorCalGreg
11-02-2015, 07:22 PM
Between Liam's Map, Songbird, Stephanie's Kitten and Nyquist, anyone who took a minute or two per race and looked up the top class ranked horse probably did ok. In the Breeders' Cup with full fields and horses coming from everywhere, that's one of the few times you can probably get away with it.
Bet on top class horses in top class races.

Didn't even bother running a scan on either BC day. That does make sense, too. I would have figured it would get ya nothing but "Liam's Map" type horses all day, with a few "Golden Horn" failures thrown in, for fun.

UltimateBetter
11-02-2015, 07:57 PM
Handi fast and old version of Tips .

MJC922
11-02-2015, 08:04 PM
Didn't even bother running a scan on either BC day. That does make sense, too. I would have figured it would get ya nothing but "Liam's Map" type horses all day, with a few "Golden Horn" failures thrown in, for fun.

The thing of it is, in the BC you're getting such square prices on really good horses and the pools aren't volatile at all like they are a normal day. I bet Private Zone with a few minutes to post at 7-2 and he stayed at 7-2 I'm fine with that. Anyone who liked Rachel's Valentina's chances to upset 5-1, Lady Shipman 9-2, Big Blue Kitten 5-1, Honor Code 9-2, Tonalist 6-1. Granted these were all losing horses but these are remarkable prices on some really high-class horses. This game is very easy when you're getting a steady diet of $10+ horses and the odds aren't being cut by a third or in half at the bell. This isn't anything like the odds we get to play against on a day to day basis... it's a whole different game.

chaz63
11-02-2015, 11:08 PM
Couple suggestions if anyone decides to purchase software for the first time:

DON'T spend a lot of money....there are plenty of low cost and FREE programs to try first. At least 2 or 3 are available right here on this board--look in the software thread.

When you are ready to purchase software....make sure it is TWEAKABLE---you don't want something you have no control over. No matter what the seller/programmer claims...you will want to make adjustments for, say early speed, turn-time, late, class, etc. If your software isn't tweakable, you'll just have to "play it as it lays".

I don't return anything. I figure if I was enticed to buy it--I own it. If you are the type to return things--buyer beware. There's a lot of garbage out there, and a lot of hucksters. I once bought a software program from a guy (I wasn't going to return it anyway) but his guarantee was only good if you didn't actually use the software. To use it...you had to get a "license number" so once you entered a number, to try it...the guarantee was then null and void! hahahaha This clown is actually a board member-- :lol:
And no, his name isn't Bob, and he isn't one of the pace "experts" He must have other "customers" here, because he's so rarely seen, I don't remember his handle. I deleted that junk w/in a week.

One last thing, chaz.....hope you aren't paying for that Bris stuff?
take care
-NCG
No.....I use Twinspires.....don't pay thing fortunately Greg :)

raybo
11-03-2015, 03:05 AM
I used AllData J1, Alldata RS Black Box, and a "not publicly available" version of AllData RS Black Box with personal enhancements (ie: weighted factors with multiple paceline selection ability that was added for my own use. That section is not totally automated.), as well as old-school 'capping for the wagering portion.

UltimateBetter
11-03-2015, 07:47 AM
I've tried your software impressed but I'd like to be mor friendly when it it comes to printing.

LottaKash
11-03-2015, 11:31 AM
The thing of it is, in the BC you're getting such square prices on really good horses and the pools aren't volatile at all like they are a normal day.

It's a beautiful thing !....

I think we can all agree on that... :)

raybo
11-03-2015, 01:11 PM
I've tried your software impressed but I'd like to be mor friendly when it it comes to printing.

Whose software are you referring to?

UltimateBetter
11-03-2015, 02:33 PM
I'm sorry it's yours but I figured it out.

raybo
11-03-2015, 07:20 PM
I'm sorry it's yours but I figured it out.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons for the "Remote Devices" sheet. It is a compressed version of the regular Black Box view on the "Summaries" sheet, for easier printing, and also for better viewing on smaller devices/monitors.