PDA

View Full Version : 2015-2016 NBA thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Valuist
10-25-2015, 09:53 PM
Opening night is Tuesday. It's Ring Night for the Warriors, and historically, teams haven't been great on Ring Night. Maybe its added incentive for the visiting team. New Orleans was beaten 4 straight by GS in the playoffs last year, but did cover the number in 3 of the 4 games. But lastly, Alvin Gentry went from being Kerr's number 1 assistant to Pelicans head coach. Not asking New Orleans to win outright; just lose by single digits.

New Orleans +9.5 (Heritage)

ReplayRandall
10-25-2015, 10:25 PM
Screw the spread....Strong ML play on Pelicans +475 via Westgate

Canarsie
10-26-2015, 10:16 AM
Just an idea but maybe a bunch of us can throw in $25 a head or so and each gets one pick in FB. I don't even have a clue how to play so it would also be a learning experience. If there was lots of interest there could be two teams or more.

Even if it was a buck a game (could be higher there are 82) the lucky selectors could have bragging rights for a game or two. I think it would be fun for PA alumni trying to overcome the young whippersnappers.

It also would help other members who are clueless like me how to make your selections down to a science.

Since we need a commissioner to run this thing if it gets off the ground I hereby nominate the GREAT (ok I might have gone a little overboard :) ) SRU to be the first commissioner of PA League Selectors or PALS. I know the nickname is really WEAK somebody please bail me out.

Thoughts???

Valuist
11-02-2015, 01:12 AM
0-1 YTD

Oklahoma City -2

Must be the Kardashian jinx on James Harden; everything they touch gets destroyed. Rockets have lost each of the first 3 games by exactly 20 points. Yes, at some point the shooting slump will end. But in the meantime, gotta keep going against them.

Valuist
11-07-2015, 11:07 PM
In the ATS world, Orlando is perfect so far at 7-0 ATS, despite their actual 3-4 record.

Valuist
11-11-2015, 09:45 AM
Dallas +7 over LAC

Think the Mavs have had this one circled for awhile with D. Jordan returning to Dallas for the first time since reneging on a tentative deal.

Stillriledup
11-11-2015, 02:21 PM
Dallas +7 over LAC

Think the Mavs have had this one circled for awhile with D. Jordan returning to Dallas for the first time since reneging on a tentative deal.

Lol I'm toying using lac minus 7 as one of my official picks but not sure yet, still pondering it.

Stillriledup
11-11-2015, 10:14 PM
Dallas +7 over LAC

Congrats, easy winner, lac looks horrible, just getting out worked.

Valuist
11-11-2015, 10:58 PM
Congrats, easy winner, lac looks horrible, just getting out worked.

Lets face it; the Mavs had this game circled the second the schedule came out, The idiot ESPN announcer (wasn't Tirico or Collins) asks "how could the Mavs have so much energy tonight and were so lifeless last night"? How do these guys keep their jobs? Are they completely brain dead.

cj
11-11-2015, 11:01 PM
Lets face it; the Mavs had this game circled the second the schedule came out, The idiot ESPN announcer (wasn't Tirico or Collins) asks "how could the Mavs have so much energy tonight and were so lifeless last night"? How do these guys keep their jobs? Are they completely brain dead.

It was Mike Breen....BANG!

Stillriledup
11-12-2015, 01:07 AM

Teams get up for the clippers like no other team in the NBA. More examples tonight with Dallas mailing in a game but then diving face first into broken glass less than 24 hours later playing a complete 48 minute game after being embarrassed by a winless team and the Rockets shot out of a cannon w James Harden playing like it was his last day on earth vs LAC and then these guys turn around and get humiliated at home by a winless team. You can't make this stuff up.

cj
11-12-2015, 01:24 AM
Teams get up for the clippers like no other team in the NBA. More examples tonight with Dallas mailing in a game but then diving face first into broken glass less than 24 hours later playing a complete 48 minute game after being embarrassed by a winless team and the Rockets shot out of a cannon w James Harden playing like it was his last day on earth vs LAC and then these guys turn around and get humiliated at home by a winless team. You can't make this stuff up.

The Nets beat the Rockets tonight, in Houston no less. I guess everybody really gets up for the Rockets too.

You think the Spurs and Cavs and Thunder and Warriors don't get every team's best shot? Come on.

Canarsie
11-12-2015, 09:38 AM

I thought teams only get up for the team with the conference or NBA title. How can a person get excited over a team that blew a 3-1 lead and a 19 point lead in the second half of game six at HOME.

Houston Rockets beat L.A. Clippers 119-107 with stunning comeback

http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/index.ssf/2015/05/houston_rockets_beat_la_clippers_119-107_with_stunning_comeback.html

cj
11-12-2015, 09:59 AM
I thought teams only get up for the team with the conference or NBA title. How can a person get excited over a team that blew a 3-1 lead and a 19 point lead in the second half of game six at HOME.

http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/index.ssf/2015/05/houston_rockets_beat_la_clippers_119-107_with_stunning_comeback.html

It's cathartic for him to overlook his team as the main reason for a loss.

Stillriledup
11-12-2015, 01:42 PM

If you watch the games it's not hard to see the increased passion, effort, body language, facial expressions, etc of the players. Teams don't seem to get up for GS and they're largely not getting up for NE in the NFL. Teams are rolling over when they play the champs, not sure why, GS isn't winning all their games by double digits because teams are laying it on the line for 48.

cj
11-12-2015, 02:52 PM
If you watch the games it's not hard to see the increased passion, effort, body language, facial expressions, etc of the players. Teams don't seem to get up for GS and they're largely not getting up for NE in the NFL. Teams are rolling over when they play the champs, not sure why, GS isn't winning all their games by double digits because teams are laying it on the line for 48.

Nope, they're winning all their games by double digit points because they are a lot better right now than the other teams. But hey, if the Clippers only lose because the other team tried harder, maybe the Clippers should try it.

Stillriledup
11-12-2015, 03:53 PM
Nope, they're winning all their games by double digit points because they are a lot better right now than the other teams. But hey, if the Clippers only lose because the other team tried harder, maybe the Clippers should try it.

Clippers try pretty hard in general, could they try harder? I think they can. It's a cop out to suggest the Pats and Warriors are getting the best effort on a nightly basis, they beat Memphis by 50, grizz layed down in that game but magically was energized when they went to LA.

cj
11-12-2015, 06:08 PM
Clippers try pretty hard in general, could they try harder? I think they can. It's a cop out to suggest the Pats and Warriors are getting the best effort on a nightly basis, they beat Memphis by 50, grizz layed down in that game but magically was energized when they went to LA.

You think the Grizz didn't come out with energy that first game? Come on, the team that eliminated them last year? They just got beat by a much better team right now. Yes, I'm sure at some point they gave up, but not in the beginning.

I just don't get why you think everyone is out to get the Clippers? Why would they be? Are they so jealous of their playoff failures that they just can't stand them?

My personal belief is the Clippers don't play hard on defense other than Jordan. He is the crutch for the team. If you let teams hang around and score, they get confident and dig in.

Stillriledup
11-12-2015, 09:13 PM
You think the Grizz didn't come out with energy that first game? Come on, the team that eliminated them last year? They just got beat by a much better team right now. Yes, I'm sure at some point they gave up, but not in the beginning.

I just don't get why you think everyone is out to get the Clippers? Why would they be? Are they so jealous of their playoff failures that they just can't stand them?

My personal belief is the Clippers don't play hard on defense other than Jordan. He is the crutch for the team. If you let teams hang around and score, they get confident and dig in.

I didnt suggest anyone was out to get them, it's just an observation I've made. Not every team plays equally hard against every other team. Do you think the ucla football team plays harder against USC or against Utah? I'm not telling you something you don't know, not every game is the same, teams get up for the clippers than anyone else. Maybe it's all the TV commercials they do, maybe it's all the in your face dunks that players on other teams don't forget, I'm not sure what the reason is, gotta be something.

Valuist
11-12-2015, 10:36 PM
Right now, Steph Curry > Lebron

cj
11-13-2015, 12:40 AM
Another stellar defensive effort for the Clippers tonight through 3...or did the Suns just play really hard? LOL

Valuist
11-13-2015, 12:41 AM
Another stellar defensive effort for the Clippers tonight through 3...or did the Suns just play really hard? LOL

This was a complete give up. Guys just literally standing around, daring the Suns to shoot.

Canarsie
11-13-2015, 09:47 AM
I didnt suggest anyone was out to get them, it's just an observation I've made. Not every team plays equally hard against every other team. Do you think the ucla football team plays harder against USC or against Utah? I'm not telling you something you don't know, not every game is the same, teams get up for the clippers than anyone else. Maybe it's all the TV commercials they do, maybe it's all the in your face dunks that players on other teams don't forget, I'm not sure what the reason is, gotta be something.

I think something equals that they're just not an elite team from ownership on down. If THEY can't get up for games 5,6,7 in a playoff format last year most teams think they have nothing to worry about.

Maybe its because the owner makes it mandatory for the team to use surface tablets. Now you finally have an excuse.

Valuist
11-13-2015, 10:12 AM
Bulls -6 1/2 over Charlotte

On November 3rd, Charlotte hammered the Bulls 130-105. The Bulls were embarrassed by the effort and came right back to beat OKC. Based on comments by Jimmy Butler, the team certainly hasn't forgotten what happened 10 days ago. I look for a much better defensive effort.

YTD 1-2

cj
11-13-2015, 10:29 AM
This was a complete give up. Guys just literally standing around, daring the Suns to shoot.

Griffin did the ultimate give up getting himself kicked out when the going got ugly.

Valuist
11-13-2015, 10:34 AM
Griffin did the ultimate give up getting himself kicked out when the going got ugly.

I turned it off midway thru the opening quarter when it was clear the Clippers completely didn't care. Often times we will see the supporting cast rise to the occasion when a star player is out (in the first game they are out). That clearly wasn't the case last night. An embarrassing "effort".

Stillriledup
11-13-2015, 05:08 PM

I'm not going to come here and gloat in your face when the clippers finish ahead of OKC in the standings this season and I'm not going to come here and gloat when your star players leave to play with other teams and you're 20 games under .500 in rebuild mode (while the clippers will always be good because LA is LA). Winnings hard, stay humble.

cj
11-13-2015, 06:15 PM
I'm not going to come here and gloat in your face when the clippers finish ahead of OKC in the standings this season and I'm not going to come here and gloat when your star players leave to play with other teams and you're 20 games under .500 in rebuild mode (while the clippers will always be good because LA is LA). Winnings hard, stay humble.

I support the Thunder, I don't live vicariously through them. I'm fine no matter what happens. If the organization isn't trying to win I won't support them financially. If they put out a good product and are providing value for the ticket price, I'll be thee...end of story.

I guess I struck a nerve. All I said was the Clippers don't play defense very well other than Jordan. I believe that is why bad teams hang around against them, not that the bad teams just "try harder" because it is the Clippers. Hell, the Thunder haven't played good defense at all either, this year or last. So I recognize the signs.

As for you LA comment, wow, whatever dude. Have you checked out the Lakers lately? Do you know the history of the Clippers or did you just become a fan when they got Chris Paul? The game has changed with the world. You don't have to be a big market any longer to get the best players. Boston is so so, the Knicks so so, the Lakers terrible. Free agents aren't flocking to any of those places.

So in the end, lighten up Francis. It's just a game. I always look at the forum like guys shooting the breeze in a bar with friendly banter. Don't take it personally. I don't judge you by how the Clippers perform on the court!

Stillriledup
11-13-2015, 06:33 PM
I turned it off midway thru the opening quarter when it was clear the Clippers completely didn't care. Often times we will see the supporting cast rise to the occasion when a star player is out (in the first game they are out). That clearly wasn't the case last night. An embarrassing "effort".

It was a stupid effort by them, it was a wakeup call too, the backups got a reality check and their performances were 'hidden' due to the starters being so good, these guys need to not just 'show up' and let CP and Blake win the games for them.

With a lot of new players and no CP to guide them, it looks pretty ugly, they were totally disorganized without Chris.

I know this is going to sound crazy and you may be calling the white coat people for me, but the Clippers are better than GS. Maybe not right this second, but as time wears on this season, they will be better, they just have to figure out a way to stop Curry, he's a one man show, you take him away and those guys are beatable. Clips would have beaten those guys in GS this year with a better gameplan.

ReplayRandall
11-13-2015, 06:39 PM
It was a stupid effort by them, it was a wakeup call too, the backups got a reality check and their performances were 'hidden' due to the starters being so good, these guys need to not just 'show up' and let CP and Blake win the games for them.

With a lot of new players and no CP to guide them, it looks pretty ugly, they were totally disorganized without Chris.

I know this is going to sound crazy and you may be calling the white coat people for me, but the Clippers are better than GS. Maybe not right this second, but as time wears on this season, they will be better, they just have to figure out a way to stop Curry, he's a one man show, you take him away and those guys are beatable. Clips would have beaten those guys in GS this year with a better gameplan.

BTW, how's that Lance Stephenson chemistry coming along? For once in his executive life, Michael Jordan finally does the right thing for the Hornets...

Stillriledup
11-13-2015, 06:43 PM
BTW, how's that Lance Stephenson chemistry coming along? For once in his executive life, Michael Jordan finally does the right thing for the Hornets...

Lance is fine, why do you think it's not?

ReplayRandall
11-13-2015, 07:06 PM
Lance is fine, why do you think it's not?

If you think playing 21 minutes, scoring 5 points a game at home is fine, then you're easy to please...Won't go far come play-off time, but what would a Hornets fan know about the play-offs.. :cool:

Stillriledup
11-13-2015, 07:11 PM
If you think playing 21 minutes, scoring 5 points a game at home is fine, then you're easy to please...Won't go far come play-off time, but what would a Hornets fan know about the play-offs.. :cool:

The Clips have a lot of options, it's take a number, lance has been playing well all things considered, you're pretty hard on the guy, he's played less than 10 games for his new team.

ReplayRandall
11-13-2015, 07:20 PM
The Clips have a lot of options, it's take a number, lance has been playing well all things considered, you're pretty hard on the guy, he's played less than 10 games for his new team.

At $9M a year, you're TOO EASY on him......Your problem child now.

Stillriledup
11-13-2015, 10:50 PM
At $9M a year, you're TOO EASY on him......Your problem child now.

I'm giving him some wiggle room, remember, he's only as good as the coaches want him to be, it's hard to get minutes and buckets on this team right now, between Redick, Paul, Blake and DJ those 4 players are 75 pct of the offense, all the other players are only going to score about 30 to 40 a game and if Jamal is good for 15 a night, there's not many pts left to divide up amongst Pierce, Smith, Austin and lance.

Time will tell, you could be right and this guy will be a headcase and not accept his role, but it's very early, I'm giving him a little rope for now.

Canarsie
11-14-2015, 10:50 AM

For your reading pleasure.

Reggie Miller: 'Clippers complain on just about every call'

http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/reggie-miller-clippers-complain-just-about-every-call

Since you already know the outcome of the season lets make a $50 wager on the OKC - LAC season records after 82 games. The loser lakes a donation to the Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund

https://pdjf.org/

75% of the time you don't answer my posts when it comes to making a donation and the other 25% is full of excuses. Choose any charity you wish and I'm in so there can be NO MORE EXCUSES.

As far as the Clippers winning seasons the recors speaks for itself.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAC/

Just in case you need info on OKC

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/OKC/

Boy I've criticized the Thunder before and NEVER have seen CJ get all bent out of shape

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bent+out+of+shape

like you have.

If this was a game Mike would have given you two T's quickly.

cj
11-14-2015, 11:29 AM
For your reading pleasure.

Reggie Miller: 'Clippers complain on just about every call'

http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/reggie-miller-clippers-complain-just-about-every-call

Since you already know the outcome of the season lets make a $50 wager on the OKC - LAC season records after 82 games. The loser lakes a donation to the Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund

https://pdjf.org/

75% of the time you don't answer my posts when it comes to making a donation and the other 25% is full of excuses. Choose any charity you wish and I'm in so there can be NO MORE EXCUSES.

As far as the Clippers winning seasons the recors speaks for itself.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAC/

Just in case you need info on OKC

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/OKC/

Boy I've criticized the Thunder before and NEVER have seen CJ get all bent out of shape

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bent+out+of+shape

like you have.

If this was a game Mike would have given you two T's quickly.

I clearly struck a nerve. It is no big deal. SRU has shown his true colors by ignoring my response to his rant.

OKC stunk last night in the first game without KD. Thank goodness it was against the Sixers or they'd have lost.

Valuist
11-14-2015, 11:44 AM
Brooklyn/GS Under 208 1/2-- won't go into detail why but its a database play for me.

YTD 1-3

cj
11-15-2015, 01:02 AM
Brooklyn/GS Under 208 1/2-- won't go into detail why but its a database play for me.

YTD 1-3

This was almost an all time bad beat, nice call.

Valuist
11-15-2015, 01:37 AM
This was almost an all time bad beat, nice call.

Thx. I watched part of it early. I never watch the end when I bet an under. I don't know how long Golden State can keep this up but have to wonder if they've peaked too soon.

2-3 now.

Canarsie
11-15-2015, 09:56 AM
I clearly struck a nerve. It is no big deal. SRU has shown his true colors by ignoring my response to his rant.

OKC stunk last night in the first game without KD. Thank goodness it was against the Sixers or they'd have lost.

Clearly you follow and know much more about the team than me. Last season and now it just seems to me the ball doesn't "stick" when Durant is out. It looks like Westbrook has more room to operate and play his style of basketball. From the few games I have seen this year Kanter (you know how I feel about him) loses his chemistry when all three are playing together.

This isn't a knock on Durant at all because there is really nothing to criticize.

Chris Webber has lost his mind saying Kanter has replaced Ibacka as a member of the big three. He's the type of analyst who praises everyone but he has been much better of late until that ludicrous comment.

Thoughts?

cj
11-15-2015, 12:11 PM
Clearly you follow and know much more about the team than me. Last season and now it just seems to me the ball doesn't "stick" when Durant is out. It looks like Westbrook has more room to operate and play his style of basketball. From the few games I have seen this year Kanter (you know how I feel about him) loses his chemistry when all three are playing together.

This isn't a knock on Durant at all because there is really nothing to criticize.

Chris Webber has lost his mind saying Kanter has replaced Ibacka as a member of the big three. He's the type of analyst who praises everyone but he has been much better of late until that ludicrous comment.

Thoughts?

Kanter is solid. I don't get the bashing. Sure, he got overpaid, but what option did the Thunder have? If they don't re-sign him it was off to the scrap heap for some NBA retread big man at the salary minimum. Presti specifically traded for guys he could re-sign as restricted free agents, Kanter and Singler. He wasn't worried about the salary cap...so much for the OKC is cheap memo that is out there.

He has gotten better on defense. He will never be good, but even just below average is fine. He is a rebounding machine and lethal in the post. He will probably flourish most, as you note, when playing without Durant on the floor. But I think that will improve. Durant was rusty with ball handling and passing to start the season. As that comes back, he'll be able to get Kanter involved more.

Should be an interesting game against the Celtics tonight. If they play like against the Sixers they will lose, but I think a better team will show up tonight.

cj
11-15-2015, 12:13 PM
Thx. I watched part of it early. I never watch the end when I bet an under. I don't know how long Golden State can keep this up but have to wonder if they've peaked too soon.

2-3 now.

You had it locked until it went to OT, then Brook Lopez had a meaningless 3 half way down at the buzzer before it spun out. Also, the Nets had two shots half way down in regulation right at the end that would have won the game.

No way the Nets should have lost, but the Nets are gonna Net.

lansdale
11-15-2015, 03:13 PM

2-3 now.

Nice call on this game.

GSW on a path to best start ever in the NBA. Curry on path to best season ever played in the NBA. Next win ties best start of Jordan/Bulls teams - 12-0. Akeem/Rockets hold record with 15-0/'93-'94. Appear to be fulfilling what was often said about them last year - an historically great team.

Valuist
11-15-2015, 03:17 PM
You had it locked until it went to OT, then Brook Lopez had a meaningless 3 half way down at the buzzer before it spun out. Also, the Nets had two shots half way down in regulation right at the end that would have won the game.

No way the Nets should have lost, but the Nets are gonna Net.

I didn't even see the OT. I guess I'll have to remember this one next time I have a bad beat. We tend to remember the bad beats and forget about the close call wins.

Valuist
11-15-2015, 03:45 PM
Sunday NBA:

Atlanta -4 over Utah

2-3 YTD

cj
11-15-2015, 05:48 PM
I didn't even see the OT. I guess I'll have to remember this one next time I have a bad beat. We tend to remember the bad beats and forget about the close call wins.

Yeah, but this shouldn't have even been a close call win, it was a very good selection.

Stillriledup
11-15-2015, 10:13 PM
Response to C man and CJ.

I agree that the Clippers complain way too much, I hate that they do that, it's almost like they want something for nothing, they need to play harder and keep their mouths shut, what they do is bad for chemistry and bad for the culture they want to try and create going forward.

As far as making wagers with people on the Internet, it's not something I'm interested in Getting involved in and as far as charity goes towards the industry, I don't need to pat myself on the Back nor seek out publicity for my donations, I do what I do and I keep quiet about it, I'm not looking for credit or pats on the back.

As far as striking a nerve goes, there's no need for childish passive aggressive posting, if I wasnt on here and or partial to the Clippers there's zero chance you would be posting about them in that way, those posts were totally directed at me,so if you want to gloat about Griffin getting tossed, address it to me directly, no need to just put up those posts and pretend its something you would have posted anyway.

As far as 'what I'm all about' there's a LOT of posts on this site from me where you can figure out what I'm about if you feel like looking thru them (till the year 2048).

cj
11-16-2015, 09:10 AM
As far as striking a nerve goes, there's no need for childish passive aggressive posting, if I wasnt on here and or partial to the Clippers there's zero chance you would be posting about them in that way, those posts were totally directed at me,so if you want to gloat about Griffin getting tossed, address it to me directly, no need to just put up those posts and pretend its something you would have posted anyway.

That is where you are wrong. A little narcissistic of you to be honest.

Canarsie
11-16-2015, 09:49 AM
Kanter is solid. I don't get the bashing. Sure, he got overpaid, but what option did the Thunder have? If they don't re-sign him it was off to the scrap heap for some NBA retread big man at the salary minimum. Presti specifically traded for guys he could re-sign as restricted free agents, Kanter and Singler. He wasn't worried about the salary cap...so much for the OKC is cheap memo that is out there.

He has gotten better on defense. He will never be good, but even just below average is fine. He is a rebounding machine and lethal in the post. He will probably flourish most, as you note, when playing without Durant on the floor. But I think that will improve. Durant was rusty with ball handling and passing to start the season. As that comes back, he'll be able to get Kanter involved more.

Should be an interesting game against the Celtics tonight. If they play like against the Sixers they will lose, but I think a better team will show up tonight.

No team is going to win when their star goes 5-20 but that sort of game happens to every superstar once in a blue moon. It's exactly why early season doesn't mean too much except for a possible playoff seeding. Home court isn't what it used to be (my opinion) so chemistry is much more important just in case any of your stars go down in April and beyond.

I agree they had to sign him there was no other option. His contract looks like a bargain compared to Thompson's.

In one game he was on a mismatch with a guard and lets say he's lucky he still has his ankles intact. At least to me he doesn't understand that he has to take chances that help is there. If not the opposition will score anyway there's nothing to lose. In another game there was a fast break and he was the only one back and he just let the guy score. There was no opposition he actually moved away from the rim. He's an above average offensive player that cannot be disputed. But almost every game I look at (to be honest not all) he's always in the minus and that is my biggest problem with him.

Canarsie
11-16-2015, 10:02 AM
Response to C man and CJ.

I agree that the Clippers complain way too much, I hate that they do that, it's almost like they want something for nothing, they need to play harder and keep their mouths shut, what they do is bad for chemistry and bad for the culture they want to try and create going forward.

As far as making wagers with people on the Internet, it's not something I'm interested in Getting involved in and as far as charity goes towards the industry, I don't need to pat myself on the Back nor seek out publicity for my donations, I do what I do and I keep quiet about it, I'm not looking for credit or pats on the back.

As far as 'what I'm all about' there's a LOT of posts on this site from me where you can figure out what I'm about if you feel like looking thru them (till the year 2048).

Please show me and highlight where I knocked Griffin a player I like and has taken huge steps to get better. You do realize that you can go back in time and see my posts about him and his play.

It would also be nice to see a rant except for yours. When I post something against a player or teams there are links provided most of the time. I don't root for any team so I do take pride in my analysis. It's exactly the reason I don't post about baseball or football on here because I would look like a BIASED IDIOT.

If it didn't strike a nerve and a rant why are you making demands like a dictator with your last post? You don't want to wager fine, I can respect that to a degree or two even though its for charity. But when you tell an administrator how and what to post don't you think that's just a little over the edge?

My two cents.

Stillriledup
11-16-2015, 01:15 PM
Please show me and highlight where I knocked Griffin a player I like and has taken huge steps to get better. You do realize that you can go back in time and see my posts about him and his play.

It would also be nice to see a rant except for yours. When I post something against a player or teams there are links provided most of the time. I don't root for any team so I do take pride in my analysis. It's exactly the reason I don't post about baseball or football on here because I would look like a BIASED IDIOT.

If it didn't strike a nerve and a rant why are you making demands like a dictator with your last post? You don't want to wager fine, I can respect that to a degree or two even though its for charity. But when you tell an administrator how and what to post don't you think that's just a little over the edge?

My two cents.

I directed that post at you and CJ so if there's something in there not applicable to you, just assume its directed towards him.

If he's going to comment negatively about a team I root for, I'm going to comment back, I just wanted to bring up the point that I don't disparage the Thunder because I know he's a fan of the team, in fact, I've Been very complimentary towards them for the most part, I have way more OKC compliments that CJ has Clipper compliments, that's something you can look up.

The Thunder collapsed last night and lost to an average eastern team, they were embarrassed actually, but I didnt run here to post about it because I know CJ isn't happy about it, why would I come here to rub salt? But as soon as Griffin gets tossed and the Clips have a bump in the road, he's running here to gloat about it?

cj
11-16-2015, 02:51 PM
I directed that post at you and CJ so if there's something in there not applicable to you, just assume its directed towards him.

If he's going to comment negatively about a team I root for, I'm going to comment back, I just wanted to bring up the point that I don't disparage the Thunder because I know he's a fan of the team, in fact, I've Been very complimentary towards them for the most part, I have way more OKC compliments that CJ has Clipper compliments, that's something you can look up.

The Thunder collapsed last night and lost to an average eastern team, they were embarrassed actually, but I didnt run here to post about it because I know CJ isn't happy about it, why would I come here to rub salt? But as soon as Griffin gets tossed and the Clips have a bump in the road, he's running here to gloat about it?

Let me know when you get out of recess. I comment negatively about the teams I like if I think it is warranted, i.e. the Coughlin thread. I've said plenty negative about the Thunder. I didn't like Brooks, couldn't stand Perkins, etc. I say what I think. The Clippers are a good team, that is why I talk about them, not because you are a fan. Get over yourself. Everything isn't about you. I've been talking NBA on this board long before you came around, both incarnations of you.

I think Blake Griffin has turned into a fabulous player. I was disappointed he did something so dumb the other night. Somehow bringing it up was about you? Wow.

Stillriledup
11-16-2015, 06:19 PM
Let me know when you get out of recess. I comment negatively about the teams I like if I think it is warranted, i.e. the Coughlin thread. I've said plenty negative about the Thunder. I didn't like Brooks, couldn't stand Perkins, etc. I say what I think. The Clippers are a good team, that is why I talk about them, not because you are a fan. Get over yourself. Everything isn't about you. I've been talking NBA on this board long before you came around, both incarnations of you.

I think Blake Griffin has turned into a fabulous player. I was disappointed he did something so dumb the other night. Somehow bringing it up was about you? Wow.

Only you know if you seem to post more about the Clippers than any other team that you're not a fan of, forgive me if I thought that your clippers posts were directed at me, it seems like they were, ill take you at your word.

Also, no need for the name calling (narcissist, troll, etc) you're a mod and people look up to you here, no need for any of that.

Valuist
11-17-2015, 10:06 AM
Atlanta/Brooklyn Under 197 1/2

2-4 YTD

Canarsie
11-17-2015, 03:09 PM

Really? Really? Really? Now I should assume "WHO" you are posting for even when my name is right next to the person you "chose" to indict. What happens if I "assume wrong" and either have one or multiple people direct a "tirade" against me? Sorry it doesn't work that way in the real world or on this board. Last time I looked "certain" people can go way back in time and use "something" that is two years old to bolster their "point".

So if you compliment a jockey or trainer my only option is to stand on the sidelines and shut up? I should "assume" you are always "right" and just stay on the sidelines? I should have never commented on sports wagering because you were so NICE to the NJSEA and their stance.

Again I guess you couldn't wait to post about the Thunder loss because you did now. If you wanted to leave it alone you would have just kept your response to what was written. Plenty of people on here criticize the Red Sox maybe just maybe I replied once, I'm sure you will let me know if it's more than that.

Maybe (not telling you) you can combine all of your posts the past three days and see what a mess you put yourself in. While I'm not sure but did CJ ever use the word embarrass when describing the Clips when they became a decent team? Go up top and look in the BOLD LETTERS of your reply because YOU certainly did.

One more thing ok? Griffin didn't deserve to get tossed but I'm not a referee. If he said the magic four letter word then he has to go. But its not up to me you could certainly contact the NBA office and voice your displeasure instead of using the word EMBARRASS in a post here.

Hm OKC embarrasses themselves but the Clippers only hit a bump in the road? I guess that's ok in YOUR WORLD.

cj
11-17-2015, 06:05 PM
Hmmm, Boston crushed Houston last night as well. I think they are better than many think. Marcus Smart is a player.

Valuist
11-17-2015, 10:17 PM
Hmmm, Boston crushed Houston last night as well. I think they are better than many think. Marcus Smart is a player.

5-1 SU and ATS in their last 6. Only one opponent has scored more than 102 pts in a game so far. I think the coach is pretty good as well. He was great at Butler, but not too bad at the NBA level so far.

Brooklyn goes under again.. I will be riding that under tomorrow.

Valuist
11-18-2015, 12:12 AM
1-0 yesterday, 3-4 YTD

Wednesday:

Utah -4 1/2 over Toronto

No rest for Toronto, who faced the Warriors Tuesday night. Big tempo switch going against Utah, and they will be doing it in altitude. Its also the 6th game in 9 days for the Raptors, while the Jazz have had 3 days off.

Valuist
11-18-2015, 10:03 AM
I will be impressed if Toronto can show up at all tonight. They fell behind the defending champs by 18 early on last night, but battled and clawed their way back and actually tied the game in the 4th quarter. They might've won, had PG Lowry not had a couple of brain cramps late in the game. They used up a lot of energy; 176 minutes for the starters, and 7 players logged 224 of the possible 240 minutes in the game.

GS now 12-0 but a few red flags lately. They beat the Nets at home on Saturday, but had to go to OT to beat the 16 point underdog. And they fell asleep at the wheel last night, nearly blowing an 18 point lead. They go to Staples to face the Clippers Thursday, and take on the Bulls on Friday. While they beat the Clippers on November 4, the LAC got the ATS money, and the Bulls are the last team to beat the Warriors in the regular season at Oracle. I suspect the Warriors unbeaten run will end in one of those two games.

cj
11-18-2015, 10:37 AM
Kevin McHale fired!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--rockets-part-ways-with-coach-kevin-mchale-153032900.html

lansdale
11-18-2015, 04:12 PM
I will be impressed if Toronto can show up at all tonight. They fell behind the defending champs by 18 early on last night, but battled and clawed their way back and actually tied the game in the 4th quarter. They might've won, had PG Lowry not had a couple of brain cramps late in the game. They used up a lot of energy; 176 minutes for the starters, and 7 players logged 224 of the possible 240 minutes in the game.

GS now 12-0 but a few red flags lately. They beat the Nets at home on Saturday, but had to go to OT to beat the 16 point underdog. And they fell asleep at the wheel last night, nearly blowing an 18 point lead. They go to Staples to face the Clippers Thursday, and take on the Bulls on Friday. While they beat the Clippers on November 4, the LAC got the ATS money, and the Bulls are the last team to beat the Warriors in the regular season at Oracle. I suspect the Warriors unbeaten run will end in one of those two games.

I think GSW is so good right now that they get bored when they get a big lead and start to slack off. But Curry is so amazing at this point, that he almost always can reel the game in in the last couple of minutes, as he did last night. I realize we're only a couple of weeks into the season but hit stat lines look superhuman. As they guy says on 538, we may be watching the best NBA season ever - link below.

Can they break the record for best start? They need to win the next four. Re Clips game, I make the line GSW -2. With CP3 nagging groin problem, Clips not at their best right now - I like Dubs. And vs. Bulls at Oracle, think they should win easily - line maybe GSW -7. They other two games are gimmes.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/no-team-has-ever-started-a-season-hotter-than-this-years-warriors/

lansdale
11-18-2015, 04:16 PM
Kevin McHale fired!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--rockets-part-ways-with-coach-kevin-mchale-153032900.html

Harden's horrible (37%) shooting certainly the key factor here. Severe case of Kardashianitis said to be the cause. Look what it did to Lamar Odom. Result - McHale loses job. Magic has already denounced Morey for this move. Don't think Bickerstaff Jr. will help much. Only in the NBA.

cj
11-18-2015, 04:30 PM
Harden's horrible (37%) shooting certainly the key factor here. Severe case of Kardashianitis said to be the cause. Look what it did to Lamar Odom. Result - McHale loses job. Magic has already denounced Morey for this move. Don't think Bickerstaff Jr. will help much. Only in the NBA.

Harden hasn't shot well at all except against OKC of course, but I think Howard is the guy really killing them. He just isn't very good any more.

Stillriledup
11-18-2015, 04:43 PM
I think GSW is so good right now that they get bored when they get a big lead and start to slack off. But Curry is so amazing at this point, that he almost always can reel the game in in the last couple of minutes, as he did last night. I realize we're only a couple of weeks into the season but hit stat lines look superhuman. As they guy says on 538, we may be watching the best NBA season ever - link below.

Can they break the record for best start? They need to win the next four. Re Clips game, I make the line GSW -2. With CP3 nagging groin problem, Clips not at their best right now - I like Dubs. And vs. Bulls at Oracle, think they should win easily - line maybe GSW -7. They other two games are gimmes.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/no-team-has-ever-started-a-season-hotter-than-this-years-warriors/

The streak ends in LA on Thursday.

Hopefully. :D

Stillriledup
11-18-2015, 04:53 PM

I guess so much for the harden is the real MVP talk (by Harden himself) he's not on the same planet as Curry and never was.

Heck, you could even make the case that Griffin is Hardens equal thru the first 10/11 games of the year, not much difference in them statistically at this point not to mention Griffins team is 2.5 games ahead of them in the standings.

lansdale
11-18-2015, 06:14 PM
Harden hasn't shot well at all except against OKC of course, but I think Howard is the guy really killing them. He just isn't very good any more.

Howard isn't the issue - his numbers 15/12/2 - right now are exactly what they were last year and pretty much what they have been since the back operation. He's never going back to his great years, but those are still solid numbers - by Hollinger stats he ranks eighth among centers.

Putting Harden aside for the moment, they have a lot of other problems, mostly caused by Morey - Ty Lawson is a mediocre point on offense and a terrible defender - he's only 5'11" and it's easy for opponents to just shoot over him. Many of these guys, Ariza a good example, are basically me-first guys who don't get the team concept. But the biggest thing is Harden - the team is overly dependent on his ability to score, and his 3-shooting has dropped from .375 to .262 and his D, which had improved last year, has totally disappeared. I was half-joking re the Kardashian thing, but he is said to be seriously despondent over it, and it seems to be a likely factor. Put it all in the context of the team being in the toughest conference in memory - maybe this explains it. Sounds like George Karl likely to go next for similar reasons - also an incompetent GM there - Vlade.

lansdale
11-18-2015, 06:17 PM
I guess so much for the harden is the real MVP talk (by Harden himself) he's not on the same planet as Curry and never was.

Heck, you could even make the case that Griffin is Hardens equal thru the first 10/11 games of the year, not much difference in them statistically at this point not to mention Griffins team is 2.5 games ahead of them in the standings.

Harden may not be as good as Curry, who may turn out to be a top ten player, but he is very good and seems like a cinch for the HOF on his numbers alone. But right now, think he's dealing with a bad case of Kardashianitis.

lansdale
11-18-2015, 08:40 PM
Seems like a consensus among NBA observers that McHale not responsible for Rockets problems. Some funny tweets:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/667006572992696320

https://mobile.twitter.com/haralabob/status/667007457915457537

Valuist
11-19-2015, 12:33 AM
What do NBA players know? They voted Harden as MVP last year over Curry. That is looking mighty foolish right now.

Valuist
11-19-2015, 12:55 AM
Houston absolutely awful this year. WOrse than their record indicates. 3-9 ATS and have given up 103 or more points in every single game. Maybe they should've fired the GM. Ty Lawson not the answer at PG.

Valuist
11-19-2015, 01:53 AM
Milwaukee +9.5 vs Cleveland

Cavs on an 0-8 ATS run. Bucks off an ass getting kicked 29 point loss. Should get their attention to at least play hard enough to stay within single digits.

thaskalos
11-19-2015, 02:06 AM
Houston absolutely awful this year. WOrse than their record indicates. 3-9 ATS and have given up 103 or more points in every single game. Maybe they should've fired the GM. Ty Lawson not the answer at PG.
Houston won tonight...right? :)

Valuist
11-19-2015, 10:03 AM
Houston won tonight...right? :)

Not if you bet on them.

lansdale
11-19-2015, 01:06 PM

Looks like CP3 not playing tonight - so nearly impossible for Clips to win. Line opened GSW -5, now -7.5. That latter line looks pretty good to me, so I would pass this game.

Valuist
11-20-2015, 10:20 AM
For the past month, Steph Curry has played as good as any player I've ever seen for a month. And I saw Jordan's entire career. The Clippers led by as many 23 points last night, and were still down 10 with about 5 minutes to play. And that was in Staples Center against a strong team. No lead is safe vs GS.

Canarsie
11-20-2015, 11:46 AM

Bill Simmons rethinks feelings about the James Harden trade

http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/bill_simmons_is_rethinking_his_feelings_about_the_ james_harden_trade/s1_13132_19917043?mb_edition=5203&linksrc=mb_favorites_head

magwell
11-20-2015, 11:55 AM
For the past month, Steph Curry has played as good as any player I've ever seen for a month. And I saw Jordan's entire career. The Clippers led by as many 23 points last night, and were still down 10 with about 5 minutes to play. And that was in Staples Center against a strong team. No lead is safe vs GS.Indeed, that was Curry making the game look easy, he's on another of this game, (like Jordan was), just a pleasure to watch him play........:ThmbUp:

Canarsie
11-20-2015, 12:05 PM
For the past month, Steph Curry has played as good as any player I've ever seen for a month. And I saw Jordan's entire career. The Clippers led by as many 23 points last night, and were still down 10 with about 5 minutes to play. And that was in Staples Center against a strong team. No lead is safe vs GS.

Not only that but with the style of basketball they play there is less wear and tear compared to almost any other decent playoff team. I'm pretty sure they call sets on their own with excellent results with Kerr out.

Still its only November and their greatest fear has to be injuries. If they can avoid major ones like last year they are in fantastic shape to make a run at repeating. All they do is "gas" teams going into the the 4th quarter and then they start to take over and dominate even if they are down double digits.

I'm still astonished that the Clippers only played eight guys last night and all three who played wound up in the minus column. How do the DNP players feel about that with the coaches son getting 26 minutes?

Stillriledup
11-20-2015, 03:08 PM
Not only that but with the style of basketball they play there is less wear and tear compared to almost any other decent playoff team. I'm pretty sure they call sets on their own with excellent results with Kerr out.

Still its only November and their greatest fear has to be injuries. If they can avoid major ones like last year they are in fantastic shape to make a run at repeating. All they do is "gas" teams going into the the 4th quarter and then they start to take over and dominate even if they are down double digits.

I'm still astonished that the Clippers only played eight guys last night and all three who played wound up in the minus column. How do the DNP players feel about that with the coaches son getting 26 minutes?

Rivers is backup PG so he's going to get more minutes than those other guys, Rivers is on the floor when Paul is on the bench. I think Austin has talent, but I'm questioning his work ethic to get better, he's missing too many FTs for a PG and his touch around the basket needs work.

Stillriledup
11-20-2015, 03:10 PM

That was a bizarre game, GS just never seemed to miss a shot, when you never miss you're impossible to beat. Clipoers played ok but they didnt play a complete 48 minute game. GS made last night look like a video game, I don't ever remember thinking that will watching the NBA.

Canarsie
11-21-2015, 09:53 AM
Rivers is backup PG so he's going to get more minutes than those other guys, Rivers is on the floor when Paul is on the bench. I think Austin has talent, but I'm questioning his work ethic to get better, he's missing too many FTs for a PG and his touch around the basket needs work.

I've been saying this from day one not jumping on the onto the anti Rivers (player)bandwagon now.

Stephenson was be a huge basket case but when he's on he can carry a club for a quarter of two. I have no idea if he or the other dnp's are injured but the Doc Rivers 'aura" is fading from me. He is a very good coach imo just not a great one.

I know he's shooting horribly but he can't give Prigioni a few minutes to try and shake off the rust? They might as well release him and at least get a player who can log five minutes in the coaches eyes. The team is 6-5 maybe Doc needs to coach full time and give up the GM's role.

On the positive side I disagree with a bunch of people who downgrade Griffin. The guy may be a whiner but he puts in time during the off season to improve his game each and every year. I'll take him on my team any day of the week.

Stillriledup
11-21-2015, 01:51 PM
I've been saying this from day one not jumping on the onto the anti Rivers (player)bandwagon now.

Stephenson was be a huge basket case but when he's on he can carry a club for a quarter of two. I have no idea if he or the other dnp's are injured but the Doc Rivers 'aura" is fading from me. He is a very good coach imo just not a great one.

I know he's shooting horribly but he can't give Prigioni a few minutes to try and shake off the rust? They might as well release him and at least get a player who can log five minutes in the coaches eyes. The team is 6-5 maybe Doc needs to coach full time and give up the GM's role.

On the positive side I disagree with a bunch of people who downgrade Griffin. The guy may be a whiner but he puts in time during the off season to improve his game each and every year. I'll take him on my team any day of the week.

I agree.

I would love to see Wes Johnson play with the starters, he seems to be the guy off the bench that plays the hardest, whoever is the 5th option behind Redick, Paul, DJ and Blake isn't going to get as many touches anyway, so why not have an energy guy in there. NHL teams do this all the time on their top lines, two superstar players and add an energy guy, they don't just automatically put the 'next best guy' out there, you have to bring something as a teammate.

The clippers have at least 2 asst coaches who have HC experience, so they aren't short of opinions over there on how to do things, Doc needs to become a calmer presence over there, his nervous energy and constant complaining is bad for culture, he's hurting the team acting that way.

I agree on Lance, he played hard last night, but he is a head case and I'm not sure he's a good enough player where all this drama is worth it.

Shutout to Deandre Jordan, dude, you gotta work harder and play harder, DJ has been a liability out there, his work ethic is poor and he's really soft under the basket, he needs to get a mean streak and take someone's head off one day, even if it means a suspension. Get a reputation of an angry dude who played like Bill Laimbeer, get in people's faces and don't get pushed around under the basket. He's costing them games because he can't shoot, can't make a FT and isn't a vicious defensive presence, it's pretty easy to outfight DJ for a rebound, all the rebounds he gets are strictly done on athletic ability alone, none of his rebounds are gotten thru desire, technique or work ethic. It's a shame because he's an athletic freak, just too soft.

Canarsie
11-22-2015, 10:52 AM
Stephenson started ten games if doc is hiding an injury he should be fined and the next time suspended. That goes for the other 29 coaches I'm not singling one out. Does he plan on going with a short rotation for the rest of the season?

Guess I'm not the only one questioning this because this is a fairly fundamental question awaiting an answer.

Erratic playing schedule for Clippers' Lance Stephenson raises eyebrows

http://www.latimes.com/sports/clippers/la-sp-clippers-report-20151121-story.html

Stillriledup
11-22-2015, 11:56 AM
Stephenson started ten games if doc is hiding an injury he should be fined and the next time suspended. That goes for the other 29 coaches I'm not singling one out. Does he plan on going with a short rotation for the rest of the season?

Guess I'm not the only one questioning this because this is a fairly fundamental question awaiting an answer.

Erratic playing schedule for Clippers' Lance Stephenson raises eyebrows

http://www.latimes.com/sports/clippers/la-sp-clippers-report-20151121-story.html

I agree, it's odd. It's early in the season, why not let this deep team play the backups as much as possible and not wear down the main guys so much. Chemistry is a problem, lance isn't going to improve sitting around.

Docs coaching like he's lost the team a bit, no way a team with these many good players should be losing to Portland the way they lost was alarming.

Valuist
11-22-2015, 09:45 PM
Thibideau to Houston? As a Bulls fan, I hated the way the organization pushed him out. He's one of the top coaches in the NBA.

http://spacecityscoop.com/2015/11/20/houston-rockets-pursuit-tom-thibodeau/

cj
11-22-2015, 11:18 PM
If Harden couldn't handle McHale, he'd last about 5 minutes with TT.

Valuist
11-23-2015, 01:05 AM
If Harden couldn't handle McHale, he'd last about 5 minutes with TT.

Good point. The Kardashians destroy everyone they come in contact with.

lansdale
11-23-2015, 03:26 PM
Look like GSW will easily break the NBA best start record tomorrow vs. Lakers. Speculation now on the boards over whether they can go undefeated all the way to their Christmas Day matchup vs. Cavs, since their schedule is relatively soft - this would make them 28-0 at that point. Curry still headed for highest all-time WS 48.

lansdale
11-23-2015, 03:38 PM
Thibideau to Houston? As a Bulls fan, I hated the way the organization pushed him out. He's one of the top coaches in the NBA.

http://spacecityscoop.com/2015/11/20/houston-rockets-pursuit-tom-thibodeau/

I don't know the details surround his firing, but he had to go. He may have been a great defensive coach but he wasn't a great head coach. When most of your players hate you (this from many sources) and you're possibly overplaying some guys (Rose) to the point of injury, you're not a great coach. Great coaches (PJax, Pop) not only understand the Xs and Os and the necessity of effort and discipline, they're fundamentally great teachers who know how to inspire their players. John Wooden the best example of this.

Agree that especially for Rockets, he's a terrible fit. I'm convinced that Morey really doesn't know what he's doing. He shuffles players in and out without an eye to how they'll mesh and far too often for them to establish any chemistry. He's like a guy in Vegas constantly pulling on a slot machine hoping he hits the jackpot.

Stillriledup
11-23-2015, 04:29 PM
I don't know the details surround his firing, but he had to go. He may have been a great defensive coach but he wasn't a great head coach. When most of your players hate you (this from many sources) and you're possibly overplaying some guys (Rose) to the point of injury, you're not a great coach. Great coaches (PJax, Pop) not only understand the Xs and Os and the necessity of effort and discipline, they're fundamentally great teachers who know how to inspire their players. John Wooden the best example of this.

Agree that especially for Rockets, he's a terrible fit. I'm convinced that Morey really doesn't know what he's doing. He shuffles players in and out without an eye to how they'll mesh and far too often for them to establish any chemistry. He's like a guy in Vegas constantly pulling on a slot machine hoping he hits the jackpot.

Moreys moneyball approach just rates players statistically, when he was chasing after D12 you knew his model was trash.

Valuist
11-23-2015, 10:32 PM

Overplaying Rose? Are you kidding? He's missed many, many more games than he's played over the past 4 years. Butler got a ton of minutes, but he thrived on it. You have to inspire your players to buy into the idea of playing defense. Anybody can throw a ball out there and tell the players to run and gun.

lansdale
11-24-2015, 05:25 PM
Overplaying Rose? Are you kidding? He's missed many, many more games than he's played over the past 4 years. Butler got a ton of minutes, but he thrived on it. You have to inspire your players to buy into the idea of playing defense. Anybody can throw a ball out there and tell the players to run and gun.

I don't think anyone would describe the Spurs under Pop or the Bulls under Jackson as 'run and gun' teams - they played excellent defense that helped win championships. And both did it all without alienating their players.

I didn't know all the details about Thibs with the Bulls, but I had read some of the coverage, which jibed with stuff I'd heard from people with NBA contacts - his toughness on the players was counter-productive and a lot of guys didn't want to play there for that reason. I agree that the firing with security escort was a terrible mistake, but obviously the relationship had deteriorated to that point by the end.

I've linked the following ESPN piece which gives detailed account of segments of Thibs' final year. It seems to explain clearly what happened. The intense conflict between the Thibs and the front office did really come down to a dispute between him and John Paxson about his treatment of the players. It wasn't about money or any of the usual things. They both intensely wanted the team to win and both thought that they were right. In recent years, there has been a great deal of research in the realm of sports medicine into the question of what kind of physical regimen will help players achieve an optimum level of performance. It generally suggests that players benefit from more physical and mental rest than has generally been the norm in the NBA. It's well known that Pop and the Spurs use this kind of a research and do a great deal of research themselves - hence his well-known tendency to try to rest players, especially veterans, as much as possible. Paxson, especially as a former player, was well aware of this research and argued for its benefits vs. Thibs.

What particularly strikes me about all of this, is the obssession of both of these guys with winning a title, when any objective observer of the NBA would say that the Bulls had zero chance of beating LBJ during this period - his prime years. It seems to me that Jordan raised the bar of expectations so high for Chicagoans that they can no longer be satisfied with anything less than a title. And that is crazy.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12890745/tom-thibodeau-tenure-chicago-bulls

Stillriledup
11-24-2015, 10:27 PM
I agree.

I would love to see Wes Johnson play with the starters, he seems to be the guy off the bench that plays the hardest, whoever is the 5th option behind Redick, Paul, DJ and Blake isn't going to get as many touches anyway, so why not have an energy guy in there. NHL teams do this all the time on their top lines, two superstar players and add an energy guy, they don't just automatically put the 'next best guy' out there, you have to bring something as a teammate.

The clippers have at least 2 asst coaches who have HC experience, so they aren't short of opinions over there on how to do things, Doc needs to become a calmer presence over there, his nervous energy and constant complaining is bad for culture, he's hurting the team acting that way.

I agree on Lance, he played hard last night, but he is a head case and I'm not sure he's a good enough player where all this drama is worth it.

Shutout to Deandre Jordan, dude, you gotta work harder and play harder, DJ has been a liability out there, his work ethic is poor and he's really soft under the basket, he needs to get a mean streak and take someone's head off one day, even if it means a suspension. Get a reputation of an angry dude who played like Bill Laimbeer, get in people's faces and don't get pushed around under the basket. He's costing them games because he can't shoot, can't make a FT and isn't a vicious defensive presence, it's pretty easy to outfight DJ for a rebound, all the rebounds he gets are strictly done on athletic ability alone, none of his rebounds are gotten thru desire, technique or work ethic. It's a shame because he's an athletic freak, just too soft.

Wes Johnson in with the starters, I guess Clippers brass reads PA! :D

Canarsie
11-25-2015, 08:55 AM

Whoever becomes the coach better have the support of the front office 110% and not just be a figurehead.

First thing he would need to handle imo is shuting talk like this down.

Harden on non-Dwight teammates: 'Rest of the guys are role players'

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24635757/harden-on-non-dwight-teammates-rest-of-the-guys-are-role-players

I know its well over a year ago but stuff like this can linger for years even if you weren't on the team when it was stated. Harden is shooting 38% he better come out and say whoever they pick has my backing 100%.

barahona44
11-25-2015, 10:02 AM
I was watching the Rockets Celtics a couple of weeks ago.Brian Scalabrine,the Celtics TV color analyist said "The Rockets won't get back on defense after they score.You'll notice I didn't say can't get back" He was pretty appalled about their lack of effort on defense.

Stillriledup
11-25-2015, 04:56 PM
I was watching the Rockets Celtics a couple of weeks ago.Brian Scalabrine,the Celtics TV color analyist said "The Rockets won't get back on defense after they score.You'll notice I didn't say can't get back" He was pretty appalled about their lack of effort on defense.

Hardest thing to do in the NBA for coaches is to get guys who don't play hard or play defense to play hard and to 'D up'

cj
11-25-2015, 05:02 PM
Hardest thing to do in the NBA for coaches is to get guys who don't play hard or play defense to play hard and to 'D up'

It is like free throw shooting. You either learn to do it young or you don't. Bad habits are hard to break. A bad defender might get to average, but that is about the extent of it.

Stillriledup
11-25-2015, 05:38 PM
It is like free throw shooting. You either learn to do it young or you don't. Bad habits are hard to break. A bad defender might get to average, but that is about the extent of it.

True.

cj
11-25-2015, 11:41 PM
This new guy the Thunder have in the lineup the last few games is pretty good, #35.

Valuist
11-26-2015, 12:58 AM
What will happen first? Will the Warriors lose or the Sixers win? That would make for an interesting prop bet.

Canarsie
11-26-2015, 10:58 AM
What will happen first? Will the Warriors lose or the Sixers win? That would make for an interesting prop bet.

Sixers are getting close anyone who has bet then straight up in the first half the last three games is cashing at nice numbers.

Sooner or later someone getting +1600 is going to make a nice killing on them. The question is when does it begin to start playing them and stick with it for ten games or so.

cj
11-26-2015, 11:47 AM

When do the Sixers play the Lakers?

Stillriledup
11-26-2015, 03:50 PM
When do the Sixers play the Clippers?
FTFY :D

Valuist
11-26-2015, 04:23 PM
When do the Sixers play the Lakers?

December 1st in Philly.

Valuist
11-27-2015, 10:14 PM
Suns shoot 55% in first quarter vs Warriors.....and they trail by 17.

cj
11-28-2015, 12:35 AM
NOTE: This is not because SRU is a Clippers fan

Cheap ass move by Chris Paul sends Anthony Davis to the locker room. He just ran laterally into him trying to draw a foul, which seems to be about 50% of his game.

Canarsie
11-28-2015, 09:11 AM
NBA Trade Rumors: Clippers Could Trade DeAndre Jordan

http://en.yibada.com/articles/88892/20151125/nba-trade-rumors-clippers-deandre-jordan-team-panics-three-way.htm

Just posting it this really needs smarter analysis from me before I comment. I'm sure there are others here that are way sharper who could expand on the pros and cons.

cj
11-28-2015, 12:18 PM
http://www.thebirdwrites.com/2015/11/28/9809594/chris-paul-anthony-davis-knee-pelicans-clippers

Stillriledup
11-28-2015, 05:33 PM
NOTE: This is not because SRU is a Clippers fan

Cheap ass move by Chris Paul sends Anthony Davis to the locker room. He just ran laterally into him trying to draw a foul, which seems to be about 50% of his game.

Davis was already hurt, Paul didnt do anything 'cheap' plenty of guys try n draw fouls, it's part of the game.

cj
11-28-2015, 06:06 PM
Davis was already hurt, Paul didnt do anything 'cheap' plenty of guys try n draw fouls, it's part of the game.

That kind of play shouldn't be part of the game. It is only part of his game. He basically went out of his way to run into a guy that was ahead of him. We all know, of course, this would be Paul's first "cheap" play.

The only thing that makes me smile is remembering how his attempted flop cost the Clippers G5 in OKC a few years ago, and probably the series.

cj
11-28-2015, 06:10 PM
For the record, I don't blame Paul. The NBA has let him get away with it so he keeps doing it. The league needs to do something about it.

In what world was that a foul on Davis? Horrible officiating.

Stillriledup
11-28-2015, 06:38 PM
That kind of play shouldn't be part of the game. It is only part of his game. He basically went out of his way to run into a guy that was ahead of him. We all know, of course, this would be Paul's first "cheap" play.

The only thing that makes me smile is remembering how his attempted flop cost the Clippers G5 in OKC a few years ago, and probably the series.

He's a smart player which means he knows what things he can do to get calls, if they didnt call it, he wouldn't do it.

cj
11-28-2015, 06:46 PM
He's a smart player which means he knows what things he can do to get calls, if they didnt call it, he wouldn't do it.

Yeah, I already said that.

Stillriledup
11-28-2015, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I already said that.

I was asking why be critical if Paul is just playing within the rules? He didnt get a techno on the play, if it was a cheap shot they would have looked at it and have him a flagrant, no? They go to the monitor from time to time especially when a superstar player is involved.

cj
11-28-2015, 10:38 PM
I was asking why be critical if Paul is just playing within the rules? He didnt get a techno on the play, if it was a cheap shot they would have looked at it and have him a flagrant, no? They go to the monitor from time to time especially when a superstar player is involved.

They made a terrible foul call. It isn't even debatable. They don't review common fouls, it isn't allowed. I never said it was a flagrant.

Stillriledup
11-29-2015, 12:02 AM
They made a terrible foul call. It isn't even debatable. They don't review common fouls, it isn't allowed. I never said it was a flagrant.

But you called it a cheap shot, is there a cheap shot that's not a flagrant? I know it's a fine line, as far as what they review, I don't know the specific rule because I've seen 'fouls' get reviewed and they can determine if it's a common foul, if it's a foul that they're not sure if they want to call a flagrant on or not, are you saying they call flagrant and then reverse it on review?

I was always under the impression that they call a foul and if they think it might be a flagrant, they go to the monitor.

cj
11-29-2015, 12:19 AM
But you called it a cheap shot, is there a cheap shot that's not a flagrant? I know it's a fine line, as far as what they review, I don't know the specific rule because I've seen 'fouls' get reviewed and they can determine if it's a common foul, if it's a foul that they're not sure if they want to call a flagrant on or not, are you saying they call flagrant and then reverse it on review?

I was always under the impression that they call a foul and if they think it might be a flagrant, they go to the monitor.

It was a cheap play. The refs blew the call. What else can I say about it? The foul was on Davis so were they were never going to review it to see if he committed a flagrant foul. That would be ridiculous.

It is a type of play that needs to be addressed by the league. It isn't a basketball play at all. The refs need to be educated. They get bad habits like everybody else. Paul has taking advantage of their ineptitude.

Stillriledup
11-29-2015, 12:27 AM
It was a cheap play. The refs blew the call. What else can I say about it? The foul was on Davis so were they were never going to review it to see if he committed a flagrant foul. That would be ridiculous.

It is a type of play that needs to be addressed by the league. It isn't a basketball play at all. The refs need to be educated. They get bad habits like everybody else. Paul has taking advantage of their ineptitude.

My apologies, in all the hoopla with technical fouls and AD being carried off, I didnt realize the foul was on Davis.

I agree with you that the non basketball plays need to be looked at, I also hate the arm swing that Harden has patented and I dislike players jumping into defenders and getting calls, there is too much nonsense like this from many players, it cheapens the game so I agree with your sentiment.

cj
11-29-2015, 12:37 AM
My apologies, in all the hoopla with technical fouls and AD being carried off, I didnt realize the foul was on Davis.

I agree with you that the non basketball plays need to be looked at, I also hate the arm swing that Harden has patented and I dislike players jumping into defenders and getting calls, there is too much nonsense like this from many players, it cheapens the game so I agree with your sentiment.

Same here. Refs need to be retaught. Offensive players that initiate contact should not be rewarded. Players should be trying to score, not get to the line.

Stillriledup
11-29-2015, 01:37 AM
Same here. Refs need to be retaught. Offensive players that initiate contact should not be rewarded. Players should be trying to score, not get to the line.

Have you noticed a decrease in flopping? I haven't been specifically paying attention to it and you've seen live games recently, my gut tells me things aren't as bad, any thought on this?

Like you say, players should be trying to score and play the game and not trying to trick the ref. We know the moves that players make to trick refs, it seems odd to me that the 'tricks of the trade' are pretty obvious yet, refs keep getting 'fooled' by this stuff.

If I was a ref I would watch my games carefully on tape the next day and I would know which players tricked me and how they tricked me so I would be specifically watching the next time for those specific moves and yet, these refs don't do that for some reason.

cj
11-29-2015, 01:54 AM
I think the flopping has eased up, except for the Clippers.

Just kidding, haven't seen much Clippers this year to be honest. Harden is still doing it and also launching himself into defenders and getting calls. But mostly, it is better.

Stillriledup
11-29-2015, 02:12 AM
I think the flopping has eased up, except for the Clippers.

Just kidding, haven't seen much Clippers this year to be honest. Harden is still doing it and also launching himself into defenders and getting calls. But mostly, it is better.

I haven't noticed Clipper flopping because with those homer glasses, it's hard to see ;)

lansdale
11-29-2015, 09:06 PM
NBA Trade Rumors: Clippers Could Trade DeAndre Jordan

http://en.yibada.com/articles/88892/20151125/nba-trade-rumors-clippers-deandre-jordan-team-panics-three-way.htm

Just posting it this really needs smarter analysis from me before I comment. I'm sure there are others here that are way sharper who could expand on the pros and cons.

Hi Canarsie,

If you read carefully, you'll see that this rumor is just based on a thread from a hoops fan website - pretty lame. Do you think the Clips are basing their personnel moves on what they read on the internet? And in the case of DJ especially, they would be nuts to dump him so quickly after the stunt they staged to get him back over the summer. They need him badly - he's one of only two guys on the team who are elite defenders.

Cheers,

lansdale

cj
11-29-2015, 09:12 PM
Hi Canarsie,

he's one of only two guys on the team who are elite defenders.

Cheers,

lansdale

Who is the other one? Surely not Paul any longer.

I don't think the Clippers can trade Jordan any time soon by NBA rule, but I don't know the exact time frame.

EDIT: you must mean Stephenson, slipped my mind since he hasn't been playing much.

Stillriledup
11-29-2015, 10:15 PM
Hi Canarsie,

If you read carefully, you'll see that this rumor is just based on a thread from a hoops fan website - pretty lame. Do you think the Clips are basing their personnel moves on what they read on the internet? And in the case of DJ especially, they would be nuts to dump him so quickly after the stunt they staged to get him back over the summer. They need him badly - he's one of only two guys on the team who are elite defenders.

Cheers,

lansdale

Jordan is a guy I would trade if I could get something good in return. I wouldn't dump him, but if someone wanted him bad enough, I would surely listen.

lansdale
11-29-2015, 10:24 PM
Who is the other one? Surely not Paul any longer.

I don't think the Clippers can trade Jordan any time soon by NBA rule, but I don't know the exact time frame.

EDIT: you must mean Stephenson, slipped my mind since he hasn't been playing much.

I did mean Paul, but should have added, since he's clearly off his game now, DJ becomes even more valuable on a team with terrible D. Even at this point in his career, a healthy Paul is still the second best D guy, since I have no idea if anything can be expected from LS. Overall, I think Paul's condition is the major factor in their current slump - when/if he returns to form, so will the Clips.

However, think Clips would greatly benefit from dumping A. Rivers - he's worthless as a bench PG, and his shooting and D are terrible. Pierce, J. Smith, and LS are all way off their career averages in scoring - think this can be largely attributed to AR's inability to get them the ball. Also time to say goodbye to Crawford, just too streaky at this point and also zero D.

cj
11-29-2015, 10:26 PM
However, think Clips would greatly benefit from dumping A. Rivers - he's worthless as a bench PG, and his shooting and D are terrible. Pierce, J. Smith, and LS are all way off their career averages in scoring - think this can be largely attributed to AR's inability to get them the ball. Also time to say goodbye to Crawford, just too streaky at this point and also zero D.

This is possible, but I think it is at least as likely that they are way off simply because they are old. The NBA is a young man's game, never more true than now where big men are a small part of the game.

Stillriledup
11-30-2015, 05:56 AM
I did mean Paul, but should have added, since he's clearly off his game now, DJ becomes even more valuable on a team with terrible D. Even at this point in his career, a healthy Paul is still the second best D guy, since I have no idea if anything can be expected from LS. Overall, I think Paul's condition is the major factor in their current slump - when/if he returns to form, so will the Clips.

Rivers has more talent than you think, he's 'raw' though and inconsistent, there's a certain way that Austin needs to play to be effective, he's trying to figure out his game.

DJ isn't a great defender when he has to guard people or fight for rebounds. All DJs rebounds are when he's alone under the basket and the other guys are running up the court, when he's battling for a rebound he gets ZERO of them. He's an incredibly soft player who only gets 'engaged' when he gets an early dunk or makes 2 FTs in a row, otherwise he sulks and doesn't play hard.

Clips have no real 'flow' to their game, they are getting better learning each others tendencies, Doc taking chances with rotating starters, you have the main 4 guys and they are rotating the 5th guy and giving multiple guys a chance to be a starter, its a great idea and it's working, if you play well, you get a chance to start, nobody is exempt from being the 5th guy.

cj
11-30-2015, 08:49 AM
Biggest basketball problem I see with the Clippers is that they are small. There may be other issues we don't know about, but that one is visible.

Stillriledup
11-30-2015, 01:48 PM
Biggest basketball problem I see with the Clippers is that they are small. There may be other issues we don't know about, but that one is visible.

They're not all that small physically, they just play small and are an up and down defensive team, griffin is 6 10 and Jordan is 6 11 or 7 feet and both guys can jump out of the gym, but they're bad side to side defenders, as long as you don't shoot over them, you'll be ok. And they're soft defensively,which doesn't help.

cj
11-30-2015, 02:24 PM
They're not all that small physically, they just play small and are an up and down defensive team, griffin is 6 10 and Jordan is 6 11 or 7 feet and both guys can jump out of the gym, but they're bad side to side defenders, as long as you don't shoot over them, you'll be ok. And they're soft defensively,which doesn't help.

At guard, Paul are Redick are both undersized. I don't even know who the three is, rotates I guess. When it is Lance he is definitely undersized for a three. Blake isn't a big power forward. What is he, 6'8? Jordan is fine of course and very athletic.

I just checked. Blake is listed at 6'10. I don't think that is accurate. If it is he doesn't play like it. But there is no doubt the back court is quite small by current NBA standards.

Stillriledup
11-30-2015, 03:31 PM
At guard, Paul are Redick are both undersized. I don't even know who the three is, rotates I guess. When it is Lance he is definitely undersized for a three. Blake isn't a big power forward. What is he, 6'8? Jordan is fine of course and very athletic.

I just checked. Blake is listed at 6'10. I don't think that is accurate. If it is he doesn't play like it. But there is no doubt the back court is quite small by current NBA standards.

True, Blake appears smaller because he's an amazing ball handler for a 6 10 guy, you can see he's very tall when there are camera shots of him standing next to legit 7 footers.

Other than Blake and DJ they could use a little more length, can't argue there.

cj
11-30-2015, 05:29 PM
True, Blake appears smaller because he's an amazing ball handler for a 6 10 guy, you can see he's very tall when there are camera shots of him standing next to legit 7 footers.

Other than Blake and DJ they could use a little more length, can't argue there.

You could be right, I'll have to check him out next to Jordan sometime. This is what I do with Durant. They list him at 6'9 and Ibaka at 6'10, but next to each other Durant is at least as tell as Serge and probably an inch taller.

Check out the height of their eyes in this pic:

http://jocksandstilettojill.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Kevin-Durant-Serge-Ibaka.jpg

cj
11-30-2015, 05:32 PM
Jordan is listed 6'11...if true, Blake isn't 6'10, maybe 6'9.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/cfcec4741aab8cb70ee3fc60336117fb816ae5a6/c=1123-108-3019-2637&r=537&c=0-0-534-712/local/-/media/USATODAY/test/2013/12/15//1387150070000-12-15-2013-Griffin-Jordan.jpg

Pretty sure a guy from OU basketball is that one that told me he was 6'8 for sure, but I'll check my source next time I'm there to play tennis. :)

By the way, been hitting some with Thomas Lott...anyone remember that name?

Valuist
11-30-2015, 11:24 PM
Utah had their chance to take down Golden State. The Jazz were down one but missed a 3 with about 5 seconds to play. Curry then added 2 free throws for the final differential. 19 in a row.

cj
11-30-2015, 11:34 PM
Utah had their chance to take down Golden State. The Jazz were down one but missed a 3 with about 5 seconds to play. Curry then added 2 free throws for the final differential. 19 in a row.

They paid Haywood all the money to watch Hood chuck up a three.

The Nets actually had the best chance so far to beat the Warriors. They were up 5 very late in Golden State and choked like dogs, then blown out in overtime.

Stillriledup
11-30-2015, 11:40 PM
They paid Haywood all the money to watch Hood chuck up a three.

The Nets actually had the best chance so far to beat the Warriors. They were up 5 very late in Golden State and choked like dogs, then blown out in overtime.

Lemme guess (re: nets) they didnt foul immediately in the final moments of their game and got 'beat' by a 3pt shot?

cj
11-30-2015, 11:48 PM
Lemme guess (re: nets) they didnt foul immediately in the final moments of their game and got 'beat' by a 3pt shot?

Of course. I don't remember exactly, but a three tied it late.

Valuist
12-01-2015, 12:06 AM
Curry took two 3 pointers in final minute and a half. He hit the first, which put them in front, then he missed one late thought would've iced it, but his free throws late ended up icing the game.

Canarsie
12-01-2015, 10:58 AM
Jordan is a guy I would trade if I could get something good in return. I wouldn't dump him, but if someone wanted him bad enough, I would surely listen.

You can always post something that doesn't agree with me it's what makes this discussion worth reading. I love reading your posts because the facts and reasoning are there for ALL to see. It's been more than once that you swayed my opinion and that's the ultimate tribute a poster can get imo.

Google now thinks besides OKC the paper clips are my second team. There's no way to inform them I just love the game and TEAM basketball.

That article came from google now and I decided to post it. Just like stated it needed smarter analysis and you guys came through again. Believe it or not most of the stuff they select for me is readable and not a complete waste of time. I don't have the link but they posted an article and a long video about Ibacka going home and what has he done for his homeland. I found it very informative as it shows the side of a bunch of NBA players who make contributions to their community, birthplace, and whatever else they deem necessary. Most of the time they go unnoticed, but this was a really strong piece. They even challenged him if he remembered his native language.

Now this might inspire a debate but I think Griffin's defense has improved over the past two seasons. He's still a whiner but he hustles after 50-50 balls, running back to the other end of the court quickly, and is starting to take pride that he's becoming a complete ballplayer. His foul shooting reminds me of Karl Malone who was putrid entering the NBA. Both worked really hard to achieve 70%-80% which is respectable. The oppostion certainly can't use hack a whoever on Griffin the odds would be the game becomes far out of reach quickly.

Blake is one of the reasons I'm so hard on Jordan. If he can do it there is no reason DJ shouldn't try to get the same guy who helped Blake. If not available there has to be a person who has the talent and communication skills to reach him. My friend can still shoot between 80%-85% even with going through dialysis three times a week. To this day I'm really jealous of his skills I can't come anywhere near that even when I was younger.

cj
12-01-2015, 11:13 AM
Now this might inspire a debate but I think Griffin's defense has improved over the past two seasons. He's still a whiner but he hustles after 50-50 balls, running back to the other end of the court quickly, and is starting to take pride that he's becoming a complete ballplayer. His foul shooting reminds me of Karl Malone who was putrid entering the NBA. Both worked really hard to achieve 70%-80% which is respectable. The oppostion certainly can't use hack a whoever on Griffin the odds would be the game becomes far out of reach quickly.

Blake is one of the reasons I'm so hard on Jordan. If he can do it there is no reason DJ shouldn't try to get the same guy who helped Blake. If not available there has to be a person who has the talent and communication skills to reach him. My friend can still shoot between 80%-85% even with going through dialysis three times a week. To this day I'm really jealous of his skills I can't come anywhere near that even when I was younger.

The amazing thing with Jordan is that his free throw stroke doesn't look bad at all. It is baffling how bad he is. I watched Andre Drummond in person the other night and his stroke is just plain awful. That is what you expect from a guy that is sub 40%. Jordan doesn't look at all like him, yet his percentage is only a little better.

On to my Thunder...if they don't start playing better defense they are going nowhere. They can't keep starting this guy Roberson. He is supposed to be a stopper but is average at best on D, and his offense is putrid. I doubt he would get minutes for any other team in the league let alone start. Dude was a -26 in only 16 minutes last night. That isn't unheard of in a blowout, but in a close game is probably the worst +/- I've ever seen and it was no fluke. The other teams just ignore him on offense so it is like playing 4 on 5.

thaskalos
12-01-2015, 04:39 PM
The Sixers are favored by a point and a half tonight against the Lakers. :)

magwell
12-01-2015, 05:51 PM
The Sixers are favored by a point and a half tonight against the Lakers. :)Their combined record is 2-32 on the year.....:)

cj
12-01-2015, 05:55 PM
The Sixers are favored by a point and a half tonight against the Lakers. :)

I'm sticking to the Thunder, but if I were to branch out to other teams, I'd take the Lakers for sure. They are MUCH better than Philly.

cj
12-01-2015, 09:39 PM
I'm sticking to the Thunder, but if I were to branch out to other teams, I'd take the Lakers for sure. They are MUCH better than Philly.

This is why I'm sticking to OKC. Lakers were just God awful tonight.

Valuist
12-01-2015, 10:49 PM
Situation trumps talent in the NBA. Tonight was the Sixers "playoff game". The Lakers don't have the spotlight on them, because they've won a whole TWO games. Spots don't get any better for the Sixers than getting the Lakers at home in a 3 games/4 nights situation.

Stillriledup
12-01-2015, 11:17 PM
Situation trumps talent in the NBA. Tonight was the Sixers "playoff game". The Lakers don't have the spotlight on them, because they've won a whole TWO games. Spots don't get any better for the Sixers than getting the Lakers at home in a 3 games/4 nights situation.

This is why I was 60-40 last year, your first sentence is what it's all about.

Context.

cj
12-01-2015, 11:24 PM

No offense, but easy to say after the game.

thaskalos
12-01-2015, 11:28 PM
True. :ThmbUp:

Valuist
12-02-2015, 12:03 AM

Teams like the Sixers have a limited number of games in which they can realistically win. They will catch a few teams in 4 games/5 days, or 6 games in 9 days and win a few by default. But a home game against a team almost as bad as them is a prime spot to be focused. As bad as the Lakers are, Sportscenter isn't focusing on them being winless, or asking if they will win more games than Golden State loses.

Just to show I'm not saying it after the fact, I'll point out the Sixers next win possibility: its this Saturday at home vs Denver. They will be rested for 2 days, Its the last game in a 5 game road trip for the Nuggets. In the first two games, they haven't topped 81 points. They play at Chicago tomorrow and at Toronto on Thursday. The game vs the Sixers will be their 6th in 9 days; a very bad spot for Denver, and a solid one for Philly.

thaskalos
12-02-2015, 11:43 AM
Teams like the Sixers have a limited number of games in which they can realistically win. They will catch a few teams in 4 games/5 days, or 6 games in 9 days and win a few by default. But a home game against a team almost as bad as them is a prime spot to be focused. As bad as the Lakers are, Sportscenter isn't focusing on them being winless, or asking if they will win more games than Golden State loses.

Just to show I'm not saying it after the fact, I'll point out the Sixers next win possibility: its this Saturday at home vs Denver. They will be rested for 2 days, Its the last game in a 5 game road trip for the Nuggets. In the first two games, they haven't topped 81 points. They play at Chicago tomorrow and at Toronto on Thursday. The game vs the Sixers will be their 6th in 9 days; a very bad spot for Denver, and a solid one for Philly.
I like the Sixers against the Knicks tonight...even though they are playing back-to-back against a rested team. They may not even need the 9 points...IMO.

Stillriledup
12-02-2015, 03:36 PM
Of course. I don't remember exactly, but a three tied it late.

I guess they figured Curry (or whoever) would actually miss. :D

Stillriledup
12-02-2015, 03:45 PM
You can always post something that doesn't agree with me it's what makes this discussion worth reading. I love reading your posts because the facts and reasoning are there for ALL to see. It's been more than once that you swayed my opinion and that's the ultimate tribute a poster can get imo.

Google now thinks besides OKC the paper clips are my second team. There's no way to inform them I just love the game and TEAM basketball.

That article came from google now and I decided to post it. Just like stated it needed smarter analysis and you guys came through again. Believe it or not most of the stuff they select for me is readable and not a complete waste of time. I don't have the link but they posted an article and a long video about Ibacka going home and what has he done for his homeland. I found it very informative as it shows the side of a bunch of NBA players who make contributions to their community, birthplace, and whatever else they deem necessary. Most of the time they go unnoticed, but this was a really strong piece. They even challenged him if he remembered his native language.

DJ and Blake have gotten by on athletic ability so far, nobody jumps higher than them, but the technique isn't great. Blake seems to be more committed to be great, DJ is a big softie and anything he gets is on talent and not work ethic.

If DJ worked tirelessly and relentlessly on his FTs there would be SOME improvement, but nothing has been seen in the improvement dept, he may have actually gotten worse.

DJ could be an incredible defender if he played harder, I've really seen dramatic effort from him if he gets an early dunk it's amazing how much more engaged he is if he scores early in the game, get him involved and you'll have a strong game from him.

Blake has toned down the whining over the last few games, hopefully he keeps working on that as do the rest of the players, Doc too, they need to pick their spots better in the complaint dept (like maybe I do as a poster :D )

Stillriledup
12-02-2015, 03:47 PM
I like the Sixers against the Knicks tonight...even though they are playing back-to-back against a rested team. They may not even need the 9 points...IMO.

I usually like to avoid teams that FINALLY get a win after a long streak but this is a tough call, getting that many points I can't argue with you biting on that one.

cj
12-02-2015, 06:37 PM

Okafor suspended, might want to re-think that bet.

cj
12-02-2015, 09:52 PM
Wizards beat the Cavs in Cleveland one night, then turn around and lose to the Lakers at home the next. Gotta love the NBA.

Valuist
12-03-2015, 01:08 AM
Thursday: Memphis +2 1/2 over San Antonio

SA in a difficult 5 games/7 day stretch. Wouldn't be at all surprised if Pop sacrificed this game and rested some veterans.

YTD: 3-5

Valuist
12-03-2015, 02:16 AM

They won tonight, but they are still bad. They had an 11 game stretch where they went 3-8 straight up, including a 2 pt win over the Sixers, a narrow come from behind win vs a weak Knick team, and the usual bump/win when a coach gets replaced. They were 1-10 ATS in that span, and not far from an 11 game losing streak. And beating New Orleans is not exactly a big deal.

Do I dare say it? Is parity starting to come to the NBA? A lot of disappointing teams in the West; Houston, Clippers, New Orleans have all played below expectations, and a team like Portland, who was gutted, won't come close to approaching their 2014-2015 win total.

cj
12-03-2015, 08:56 AM
Paul George is back to his pre-broken leg form. He didn't shoot it well last night but he controlled the game. Glad to see able to get back to being an elite player.

ronsmac
12-03-2015, 10:52 AM
Golden State is looking like a 2/5 shot to break the Bulls record.

ronsmac
12-04-2015, 12:46 PM
It's early, but the east is starting to close the gap on the west. A lot of recent losses by western teams to eastern teams that would have helped the Cavs open a bigger lead. Right now only 6 teams in the west have a winning record.

ronsmac
12-04-2015, 09:34 PM
It's early, but the east is starting to close the gap on the west. A lot of recent losses by western teams to eastern teams that would have helped the Cavs open a bigger lead. Right now only 6 teams in the west have a winning record.
I stand corrected, the East isn't catching up , they've caught up. Going into tonight's games, they were 54-47 vs the west.

ReplayRandall
12-04-2015, 09:45 PM
I stand corrected, the East isn't catching up , they've caught up. Going into tonight's games, they were 54-47 vs the west.

You need to correct a bit more....54-47 adds to odd number, must be EVEN.

cj
12-04-2015, 10:07 PM
You need to correct a bit more....54-47 adds to odd number, must be EVEN.

East has won 54 games, West 47. Doesn't have to be even, right? (I may very well be missing something here) I think there have been an odd number of inter-conference games played.

ronsmac
12-04-2015, 10:08 PM
You need to correct a bit more....54-47 adds to odd number, must be EVEN.I'll double check , but can't it be an odd number?

ronsmac
12-04-2015, 10:11 PM
East has won 54 games, West 47. Doesn't have to be even, right? (I may very well be missing something here) I think there have been an odd number of inter-conference games played.You're right. It only has to be an even number at the end of the season.

ReplayRandall
12-04-2015, 10:13 PM
I'll double check , but can't it be an odd number?

Every time east plays west we have 2 decisions, one win and one loss. Continue this process, it always remains even....

ronsmac
12-04-2015, 10:15 PM
Every time east plays west we have 2 decisions, one win and one loss. Continue this process, it always remains even....
If after day 1 of the season there is only 1 game between east and west, the winner would be 1-0.

ReplayRandall
12-04-2015, 10:22 PM
:blush: If after day 1 of the season there is only 1 game between east and west, the winner would be 1-0.
And the loser would be 0-1......East 1 win, West 1 loss....

East is 54-47
West is 47-54

Total decisions= 202

Conclusion, I'm WRONG and you are CORRECT. Please accept my humble apology, had a bit too much brandy tonight..... :blush:

ronsmac
12-04-2015, 10:24 PM

East is 54-47
West is 47-54

Total decisions= 202

Conclusion, I'm WRONG and you are CORRECT. Please accept my humble apology, had a bit too much brandy tonight.....No problem. I wish all mistakes were that minor.

ReplayRandall
12-04-2015, 10:44 PM
No problem. I wish all mistakes were that minor.

Thanks....Getting back to your point of the East catching up to the West, via 54-47 record, do you think maybe the scheduling has had the tougher East teams playing the weaker West teams, so far, thus giving a possibly skewed result?

Valuist
12-04-2015, 10:54 PM
Thanks....Getting back to your point of the East catching up to the West, via 54-47 record, do you think maybe the scheduling has had the tougher East teams playing the weaker West teams, so far, thus giving a possibly skewed result?

I don't think that's the case. Indiana is probably the most improved team in the NBA. But its mostly the West just getting worse (except for the Warriors and Spurs).

cj
12-04-2015, 10:55 PM
:blush:

East is 54-47
West is 47-54

Total decisions= 202

Conclusion, I'm WRONG and you are CORRECT. Please accept my humble apology, had a bit too much brandy tonight..... :blush:

I'm hitting the gin which is why I didn't know if I was right either!

ReplayRandall
12-04-2015, 11:03 PM

Thanks for letting me save face a little bit, CJ.... ;)

ronsmac
12-04-2015, 11:20 PM
If the Cavs keep playing like this, I'll be hitting the gin too.

ReplayRandall
12-04-2015, 11:32 PM
Here's a list of the only NBA teams with winning records on the road, a few surprises:
EAST
Toronto= 8-5
Indiana= 6-4
Boston= 5-4
New York= 5-4

WEST
Golden State= 10-0
Minnesota= 6-3
San Antonio= 6-4

cj
12-05-2015, 12:00 AM
If the Cavs keep playing like this, I'll be hitting the gin too.

Pelicans were always gonna Pelican it up late.

cj
12-05-2015, 01:13 AM
Pelicans were always gonna Pelican it up late.

Reverse mush comes through again.

ronsmac
12-05-2015, 10:09 AM
Reverse mush comes through again.
That was a painful loss, especially with a back to back with Miami tonight.

ManU918
12-05-2015, 11:36 AM
I'm pounding the Raptors +7.5 tonight and think they have a real shot at handing the Warriors their first loss.

Valuist
12-05-2015, 02:17 PM
2nd half: Sixers +3.5 over Denver. Last game of 5 game road trip for Nuggets.

thaskalos
12-05-2015, 07:41 PM
The line on the Cleveland/Miami game tonight jumped from Miami -2 to Miami -5 in one swift move. Some places are now offering Cleveland +5.5

Stillriledup
12-05-2015, 07:47 PM
The line on the Cleveland/Miami game tonight jumped from Miami -2 to Miami -5 in one swift move. Some places are now offering Cleveland +5.5

No lebron ?

cj
12-05-2015, 07:48 PM
No lebron ?

Yep, no Lebron. Too tired after losing to the brow.

thaskalos
12-05-2015, 07:51 PM
Seriously...no Lebron?

Stillriledup
12-05-2015, 07:55 PM

He can't play one quarter for the fans in Miami.

Blame the brow :D

cj
12-05-2015, 07:55 PM
Seriously...no Lebron?

Yep, serious.

thaskalos
12-05-2015, 07:59 PM
Yep, serious.
Well...let's see how lucky I am.

magwell
12-05-2015, 07:59 PM
Yep, serious.Line went from heat-1 to-5 1/2 now.....

thaskalos
12-05-2015, 08:37 PM
Line went from heat-1 to-5 1/2 now.....
Something tells me that 5 1/2 points won't be enough. :)

ManU918
12-05-2015, 09:26 PM
I'm pounding the Raptors +7.5 tonight and think they have a real shot at handing the Warriors their first loss.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Stillriledup
12-06-2015, 04:19 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Good call :ThmbUp:

thaskalos
12-07-2015, 08:12 PM
At the half...the Spurs are leading the Sixers in Philly, 65-29.

cj
12-08-2015, 01:07 AM
At the half...the Spurs are leading the Sixers in Philly, 65-29.

Second half more more entertaining...

54-39

At least we got to see this today, the oldest player to posterize someone in history:

tWg5G3lTkvo

Stillriledup
12-08-2015, 03:51 AM
Second half more more entertaining...

54-39

At least we got to see this today, the oldest player to posterize someone in history:

tWg5G3lTkvo

And then got T'd up for taunting and that 1 point probably cost them the game.

Valuist
12-08-2015, 10:11 AM
Is tonight the night Golden State tastes defeat? I talked to a friend who lives in Indy and this game is a big event there. High ticket prices in the secondary market; the town, and state, live for basketball. They would love to be the team that ends the streak.

3rd game in 4 nights for the Warriors, and game 5 of the road trip. The Warriors had their biggest scare on Saturday in a narrow 3 point win over Toronto. They will be getting every team's best shot.

cj
12-08-2015, 02:45 PM
And then got T'd up for taunting and that 1 point probably cost them the game.

Highly unlikely it cost them the game as it probably plays out differently. It happened with like 3 minutes left in the 3Q. That said, it is still a dumb play to get a T. He is supposed to be smarter than that.

Stillriledup
12-08-2015, 04:20 PM
Highly unlikely it cost them the game as it probably plays out differently. It happened with like 3 minutes left in the 3Q. That said, it is still a dumb play to get a T. He is supposed to be smarter than that.

The game was always close, it was a game where a stray point here or there was important, can't say for sure it cost them the game, but the final foul fest plays out differently with one less point for LAC. It was a crucial point to give away in retrospect.

Stillriledup
12-08-2015, 04:26 PM
Is tonight the night Golden State tastes defeat? I talked to a friend who lives in Indy and this game is a big event there. High ticket prices in the secondary market; the town, and state, live for basketball. They would love to be the team that ends the streak.

3rd game in 4 nights for the Warriors, and game 5 of the road trip. The Warriors had their biggest scare on Saturday in a narrow 3 point win over Toronto. They will be getting every team's best shot.

6 is a lot of pts to give to a team with a winning record at home, I'm on the verge of picking them myself as official pick.

cj
12-08-2015, 04:50 PM
The game was always close, it was a game where a stray point here or there was important, can't say for sure it cost them the game, but the final foul fest plays out differently with one less point for LAC. It was a crucial point to give away in retrospect.

True, but it may have gained them a few extra points as Blake was trying to play through the tears. It probably evened out. :lol: :lol: :lol:

thaskalos
12-08-2015, 07:41 PM

44 first quarter points against the Pacers.

Is it possible that this team will NEVER lose?

thaskalos
12-08-2015, 08:52 PM
How do you go into the Pacers' home court...and lead them by 30 after 3 quarters?

This team is making a mockery of the NBA. It's unlike anything we've ever SEEN!

cj
12-08-2015, 09:24 PM
Routine cover for the Warriors :)

Stillriledup
12-08-2015, 09:34 PM
True, but it may have gained them a few extra points as Blake was trying to play through the tears. It probably evened out. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You rarely use the laughing guy emoticon, is it ok if I frame this one? :jump:

:D

Stillriledup
12-08-2015, 09:35 PM
How do you go into the Pacers' home court...and lead them by 30 after 3 quarters?

This team is making a mockery of the NBA. It's unlike anything we've ever SEEN!

As soon as the guy said 'must win' I stayed away.

lansdale
12-10-2015, 02:59 PM
Interesting analysis of the way that Curry is stretching what were believed to be the limits of an NBA player in shooting the 3 and how it's transforming the league this season. He's still on track for the greatest season every played in the NBA. Also some useful stats on subject discussed in another thread by SRU and cj re Kobe - is it better for a good shooter to take a 'bad' contested shot rather than pass to an average shooter with an open shot? Generally, the answer is no, but this doesn't apply to Curry. No rules do.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/stephen-curry-is-the-revolution/

Valuist
12-11-2015, 10:37 PM
The incomparable, UNBEATABLE Warriors.

NorCalGreg
12-11-2015, 11:06 PM
The incomparable, UNBEATABLE Warriors.

You see the game? Wow!~!
Warriors outlast Celtics in two OTs!!!

Valuist
12-11-2015, 11:08 PM
You see the game? Wow!~!
Warriors outlast Celtics in two OTs!!!

I didn't get home from work until late in the 4th, but I saw that and all the OTs. This team is unreal.

I think at some point, streaks become a distraction. The Warriors have been amazing; nobody talking about the Spurs.....and they are within striking distance.

Valuist
12-12-2015, 06:19 PM
Tough situation for Celtics tonight. Coming off 2 OT loss to defending champs, they hit the road to Charlotte. Boston had 2 starters play 46 or more minutes last night & even had to reserves play 36 minutes. Charlotte blew out Memphis Friday night, and was able to distribute playing time. Nobody topped 35 minutes for the Hornets.

Charlotte -3

Stillriledup
12-13-2015, 01:30 AM
Tough situation for Celtics tonight. Coming off 2 OT loss to defending champs, they hit the road to Charlotte. Boston had 2 starters play 46 or more minutes last night & even had to reserves play 36 minutes. Charlotte blew out Memphis Friday night, and was able to distribute playing time. Nobody topped 35 minutes for the Hornets.

Charlotte -3

I'm 5-1 in my last 6 picks and this game was my only loss, no excuse for Cha to get beat here.

Valuist
12-13-2015, 11:18 AM
I'm 5-1 in my last 6 picks and this game was my only loss, no excuse for Cha to get beat here.

I've had a rough start to the NBA. Agree no excuse. The Warriors clearly felt the effect of that Friday night game. Surprising tenacity by Boston. 3 games/4 days, 4 in 6.

magwell
12-13-2015, 12:08 PM
I've had a rough start to the NBA. Agree no excuse. The Warriors clearly felt the effect of that Friday night game. Surprising tenacity by Boston. 3 games/4 days, 4 in 6.Indeed, they "bounced" off that double OT win.......:ThmbUp:

cj
12-13-2015, 01:32 PM
Indeed, they "bounced" off that double OT win.......:ThmbUp:

Right, but the Celtics did not off the double OT loss.

Stillriledup
12-13-2015, 01:45 PM
Right, but the Celtics did not off the double OT loss.

Shows a lot of character to win that road game after what happened to them the night before. Gutty team.

cj
12-13-2015, 02:00 PM
Shows a lot of character to win that road game after what happened to them the night before. Gutty team.

Celtics play tough, I like that team, and they are still missing Marcus Smart I believe.

Valuist
12-13-2015, 07:26 PM
Stevens is one of the better coaches in the NBA.

Stillriledup
12-13-2015, 07:50 PM
Stevens is one of the better coaches in the NBA.

No doubt.

ronsmac
12-18-2015, 01:06 PM
I'm so glad the Cavs traded Dion Waiters last year.

cj
12-18-2015, 01:19 PM
I'm so glad the Cavs traded Dion Waiters last year.

He's actually been decent this year, but as the best bench option that doesn't say much for the bench.

thaskalos
12-19-2015, 12:03 AM
So...what's the lesson here? That Golden State can beat everyone but Milwaukee?

bks
12-19-2015, 12:07 AM
It's nutty.

cj
12-19-2015, 12:55 AM
So...what's the lesson here? That Golden State can beat everyone but Milwaukee?

A little premature? Just seeing the score.

ReplayRandall
12-19-2015, 01:01 AM

Thask is just trying to draw attention away from the Bulls game..In FOUR Overtimes, Detroit 147 Chicago 144

thaskalos
12-19-2015, 01:52 AM
If I am not mistaken, the Warriors were still behind with 3:11 left to go in the 4th...as 19-point favorites.

BetHorses!
12-19-2015, 08:35 AM
GS trailing by 12 at the half was a 16 point 2nd half favorite, just nuts!

Canarsie
12-19-2015, 10:38 AM
He's actually been decent this year, but as the best bench option that doesn't say much for the bench.

An anonymous gm said this about waiters last year. "He's a good player will will be on at least 8-10 rosters during his career".

With comments like this he might be an anonymous prophet.

Source: Waiters wants to play for Sixers

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Source-Dion-Waiters-wants-to-become-a-Sixer-76ers.html#0xTc0uVE1iEyVlz7.99

cj
12-19-2015, 11:11 AM
An anonymous gm said this about waiters last year. "He's a good player will will be on at least 8-10 rosters during his career".

With comments like this he might be an anonymous prophet.

Source: Waiters wants to play for Sixers

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Source-Dion-Waiters-wants-to-become-a-Sixer-76ers.html#0xTc0uVE1iEyVlz7.99

That is pretty old, I remember him laughing it off. He will be a RFA at year's end and if somebody really wants him bad enough I'm sure the Thunder won't lose any sleep over it.

cj
12-19-2015, 11:12 AM
If I am not mistaken, the Warriors were still behind with 3:11 left to go in the 4th...as 19-point favorites.

I figured, I just expected they had lost when I saw your post and was disappointed to see them ahead when I checked.

cj
12-19-2015, 11:12 AM
Thask is just trying to draw attention away from the Bulls game..In FOUR Overtimes, Detroit 147 Chicago 144

I was glad to see Reggie Jackson still bricking when taking potential game winners, wasn't just an OKC thing for him.

Valuist
12-19-2015, 03:16 PM

They were still down 10 with about 3 minutes to play. Milwaukee apparently matches up well with them. Anyone who only looked at the final score had no idea how well Milwaukee played for 95% of the game.

Stillriledup
12-19-2015, 03:46 PM
They were still down 10 with about 3 minutes to play. Milwaukee apparently matches up well with them. Anyone who only looked at the final score had no idea how well Milwaukee played for 95% of the game.

Milwaukee is long.

Hopefully the blueprint is now in place.

Valuist
12-19-2015, 03:49 PM
Milwaukee is long.

Hopefully the blueprint is now in place.

The blueprint might be get the Warriors in a 2nd of a back to back coming off a double OT game. Bucks may have gotten the cover last night, but when push came to shove, they had no answers late in the game. The Spurs are certainly capable of beating them in a series, but I don't see anyone else in the West. Not even New Years and its a 2 horse race in the West.

Stillriledup
12-19-2015, 06:45 PM
The blueprint might be get the Warriors in a 2nd of a back to back coming off a double OT game. Bucks may have gotten the cover last night, but when push came to shove, they had no answers late in the game. The Spurs are certainly capable of beating them in a series, but I don't see anyone else in the West. Not even New Years and its a 2 horse race in the West.

The key is to rough them up. Accidentally of course, ;)

Valuist
12-19-2015, 10:07 PM
The key is to rough them up. Accidentally of course, ;)

That will work for awhile. The Warriors are the glamour team in the NBA. The league won't tolerate that for long. They'll tell the officials to just calling every ticky tack foul.

Valuist
12-20-2015, 02:09 PM
Jimmy Butler calling out Hoiberg as basically being a soft coach. I agree with him 100%. The players maybe didn't like Tibs, but they all respected him and played their asses off for him. They like Hoiberg, because he wants to play uptempo, but he doesn't stress defense. Can't let the inmates run the asylum. They NEVER should've forced Tibs out. Tibs was one of the best 3-4 coaches in the league.

Stillriledup
12-20-2015, 03:20 PM
That will work for awhile. The Warriors are the glamour team in the NBA. The league won't tolerate that for long. They'll tell the officials to just calling every ticky tack foul.

They do that anyway.

lansdale
12-20-2015, 06:57 PM
Jimmy Butler calling out Hoiberg as basically being a soft coach. I agree with him 100%. The players maybe didn't like Tibs, but they all respected him and played their asses off for him. They like Hoiberg, because he wants to play uptempo, but he doesn't stress defense. Can't let the inmates run the asylum. They NEVER should've forced Tibs out. Tibs was one of the best 3-4 coaches in the league.

I think too much is being made of the Knick game - Bulls were coming off a very tough overtime game the night before, and they have a lot of old players. The Knicks are also much better than last year, so they game didn't figure to be an easy win. I think that game is beside the point.

I'm not sure what the commotion re Hoiberg is - Bulls were bad the first week or so of the season, but are now playing at exactly the same level - .600 - that they finished at least year under Thibs. I appreciate what a coach can contribute, but they still call the NBA a 'player's league' for a good reason - the player/coach ratio of contribution I'd put at ca. 80/20. A reading of the inteview makes it plain that Butler may want more emphasis on defense, but mainly wants Hoiberg to get some control over Rose's game.

As most NBA fans are aware, the play of Rose, formerly an MVP and HOF-level player, has declined dramatically since his injury, and he's now not merely average, but one of the worst players in the NBA. ESPN's Real Plus-Minus rating ranks him as the #417 player in the NBA out of 420., and #81 out of 82 point guards. Even Austin Rivers is ranked higher. Yet, Rose continues to get starter's minutes, and has the highest fga on the team, despite a FG% of
37%. Meanwhile, Butler, who's playing at HOF level, gets one less shot per game. Even though Rose is shooting 3s @.218, he continues to shoot 5 per game, despite Hoiberg telling to stop shooting it. As Butler describes it, Rose completely tunes Hoiberg out, as I imagine his contract allows him to do.

Until they finally admit they need to bench Rose, Chicago, which has almost the same roster as last year, will continue at the same level.

Canarsie
12-21-2015, 10:54 AM

Chicago has a long history of making their life miserable for coaches. When management becomes the leakers in predominant news items it's a wonder that they have remained competitive for so long.

Tibs should be able to land on his feet soon possibly with a franchise that's up and coming. SRU is going to be pissed at me but I would take him over Doc Rivers as of today. The Clippers will rue the day they let him keep both jobs my guess is their record isn't as good as when he was only the coach. I'm sure he'll bring up the stats if I'm wrong. :)

cj
12-21-2015, 01:18 PM
Chicago has a long history of making their life miserable for coaches. When management becomes the leakers in predominant news items it's a wonder that they have remained competitive for so long.

Tibs should be able to land on his feet soon possibly with a franchise that's up and coming. SRU is going to be pissed at me but I would take him over Doc Rivers as of today. The Clippers will rue the day they let him keep both jobs my guess is their record isn't as good as when he was only the coach. I'm sure he'll bring up the stats if I'm wrong. :)

A guy like DeAndre Jordan (not to mention Josh Smith and Lance Stephenson) would last about a week under Tibs---a week max.

Stillriledup
12-21-2015, 03:43 PM
A guy like DeAndre Jordan (not to mention Josh Smith and Lance Stephenson) would last about a week under Tibs---a week max.

You're being generous by giving them a week, that's nice of you. :D

cj
12-22-2015, 12:55 AM
I'll sleep well tonight.

:) :) :)

Valuist
12-24-2015, 01:19 PM
CJ,

I know you are a big Thunder fan. The team has really improved defensively recently. Allowing only about 92 pts/game this month. Any particular reason for the turnaround? Is it just a matter of getting more used to Donovan's system?

cj
12-24-2015, 02:20 PM
CJ,

I know you are a big Thunder fan. The team has really improved defensively recently. Allowing only about 92 pts/game this month. Any particular reason for the turnaround? Is it just a matter of getting more used to Donovan's system?

I mentioned this in the other thread several games ago, that the under was the way to play and they've gone under every time since.

People may not believe this, but the biggest part of the turn around is the return to the lineup of Kevin Durant. He has been playing great defense, really digging in and using his length and athleticism.

The bench is still weak defensively, but that starters are are above average. Adams is a beast, Ibaka is already known, Roberson wreaks havoc, and Durant is really playing hard on D.

...and Russ...well, he is great on D when he wants to be. He gambles too much for my tastes, but I think lately he is buying in as well. He is making a concerted effort to stay in front of his man. So really, the starters should be a great team on defense and they are playing like it.

The bench, that is a whole different matter!

Valuist
12-24-2015, 04:34 PM
I mentioned this in the other thread several games ago, that the under was the way to play and they've gone under every time since.

People may not believe this, but the biggest part of the turn around is the return to the lineup of Kevin Durant. He has been playing great defense, really digging in and using his length and athleticism.

The bench is still weak defensively, but that starters are are above average. Adams is a beast, Ibaka is already known, Roberson wreaks havoc, and Durant is really playing hard on D.

...and Russ...well, he is great on D when he wants to be. He gambles too much for my tastes, but I think lately he is buying in as well. He is making a concerted effort to stay in front of his man. So really, the starters should be a great team on defense and they are playing like it.

The bench, that is a whole different matter!

I'm on the Under 205 in the Bulls/Thunder game tomorrow. Noah out probably won't help that but the Bulls have had 3 days of practice since last game and I expect them to have worked on D, since that was a recent issue. These holiday games, especially the afternoon games, tend to go under. Not sure if the players have a bit of a hangover after T-Giving or Xmas, but that has been the trend.

thaskalos
12-25-2015, 05:27 PM
The floundering Chicago Bulls go into Oklahoma City to take on the surging Thunder...and win with room to spare. The only way to bet these games is to avoid watching them on TV. Anyone who saw the Bulls play against the Nets wouldn't touch the Bulls today with a 20-point spot.

Stillriledup
12-25-2015, 05:44 PM
zrIMXZST3go

Funny commercial with CP3, DJ, KG and Damian Lillard as the baby. :D

cj
12-25-2015, 05:59 PM
The floundering Chicago Bulls go into Oklahoma City to take on the surging Thunder...and win with room to spare. The only way to bet these games is to avoid watching them on TV. Anyone who saw the Bulls play against the Nets wouldn't touch the Bulls today with a 20-point spot.

I was going to take Chicago and the under but chickened out. Thunder played late game Wednesday night, got in middle of the night Thursday, then play a Friday 1:30 game. They were ripe for the picking. Think the Bulls had three days off. The difference showed.

Valuist
12-25-2015, 08:06 PM
I was going to take Chicago and the under but chickened out. Thunder played late game Wednesday night, got in middle of the night Thursday, then play a Friday 1:30 game. They were ripe for the picking. Think the Bulls had three days off. The difference showed.

The Bulls did have 3 days off, and practiced all 3 days. I suspected they would work on their defense and it paid off.