PDA

View Full Version : Do not open . . .

Spiderman
10-25-2015, 11:58 AM
After viewing Brisnet, a pop-up questionnaire appeared which offered gift cards for participating in survey. Since, there have been several annoying pop-up ads. This may happen with a Twin Spires 'survey' hook, too.

Dave Schwartz
10-25-2015, 03:01 PM
I had a similar one forced on my by Google the other day. Came up on 3 straight occasions when I launched IE and went to Google.com but not in Chrome. My first thought was, "Uh-oh. I've got malware." Then it went away.

Not sure what that was about.

Spiderman
10-25-2015, 06:00 PM
I had a similar one forced on my by Google the other day. Came up on 3 straight occasions when I launched IE and went to Google.com but not in Chrome. My first thought was, "Uh-oh. I've got malware." Then it went away.

Not sure what that was about.

Do you get the video ads from Proplug? Was able to delete from Programs. Been quiet for a few hours.

I also had a situation recently where the google chrome icon disappeared. Downloaded the latest version and now have an extra tool bar on top of page. It seemed like microsoft was doing it because an offer to scan computer appeared soon after downloading chrome. A discount of $20 bucks to clear and clean 'issues' is offered if I pay the $30 today. whoever is doing this stuff should be hung by their thumbs!

BettinBilly
10-25-2015, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the tip OP!

These days, I do everything on a Chromebook. Google Chromebook OS itself does a decent job of limiting Popups and other issues like Viruses. I just make sure I've got the right extensions turned on and the wrong ones turned off or deleted.

Chromebooks run so differently than laptop PCs that I had to get used to the "Thin-Client" architecture, but now I highly prefer it over a Desktop or Laptop Windows or Apple device. Most of what I do is via Chrome's "INCOGNITO" window so there is no history or personal information passed either way. I only use the regular browser for my business accounts, Amazon, Banking, and ADW Racing.

It's been two years now with no PC issues. I've enjoyed the freedom.