PDA

View Full Version : Ya ever have a night....

sq764
06-12-2004, 12:47 AM
.....when the races you love a longshot or 2 and chalk city comes in...

....and in the same night, the couple races you find a strong chalk to key in a pick 3, it's longshot city?

Welcome to my Friday night :-)

(At least the Bud Light was cold)

BIG RED
06-12-2004, 02:09 AM
Drink the Bud Light from the other side next time, maybe things will change around for the better! lol

penguinfan
06-12-2004, 08:16 AM
I am currently on a streak where if two horses entered the race, one black and one white I could bet em both and somehow a grey horse would win. I am nearing the end of my rope and if I survive this record breaking run of bad luck I am sure I will be at this for the long haul. I'm still swinging, but running out of gas quickly.

JustRalph
06-12-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by penguinfan
I am currently on a streak where if two horses entered the race, one black and one white I could bet em both and somehow a grey horse would win. I am nearing the end of my rope and if I survive this record breaking run of bad luck I am sure I will be at this for the long haul. I'm still swinging, but running out of gas quickly.

hang in there brother......... When you start killing them when you bet them..........let me know.........been there done that........and I mean the horses died on the track..............

penguinfan
06-12-2004, 09:36 AM
I hear you Ralph, I know alot of us have been there, and we all think our own streak is the worst, but trust me this one has been a rough ride. You start to wonder if you ever were any good at handicapping or you just got lucky for a while, ya know. Frustration is betting Mountaineer where it is death for closers (look at last night's charts, I think only 2 horses won who didn't lead entering the stretch) and have monster odds horses get run down in the last bounce time after time while the idiot next to you shows off his $4000+ tri ticket he hit by playing his birthday. At that point you realize there is a God and he hates you.

freeneasy
06-12-2004, 07:25 PM
some months back i turned 4 bucks into like 1800 dollars in like a couple of weeks. and i played on that alone for a good 3 months. up, down, back and forth over and out. it was a heck of a run for 40 bucks but it seemed i took on an entirely different way of capping and betting. as a matter of fact i did, making good plays, bad plays, taking some real shots hear and there you know, trying to lay in for the score. play a freaking pk4 get some nice shots to come in and soab ya get beat with 3 out of 4. now iam just kind of floundering around mixing up my good bets with some bad bets and on and on but shit i gave it all back and then some. today i have two great bets i like. the 8 in the 5th at holly and pd. $5.60 the 7 in the 5th at bay m. pd. $6.00. but hell you think id be happy with a $50 win parlay? noooooooooooooo. no i had to go and, oh yeah why not, mix em both up in a 2 out of 3 losing pk freaken 3. yeah a $50 parlay would have gotten a return of $420 with a profit of $370. i dono penguin, just find a play, make it and let it go. you win, you win, you lose you lose. cut back on your action, and yeah your going to see some winners get away but the most impotant thing is getting your head back on A winning track. try some show parlays maybe. lemme tell ya when your on any kind of an extensive down steak dont force it, wait till the horses come to you. then take a bite.

Skanoochies
06-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Hey guys thats where I am for the last couple of months. I seem to start staring at the racing form and get confused or bored or something when my lucks running bad and have to drop back and reload. Only reason I bought a form for today was to take a crack at Bubbles contest. As far as the track betting or simulcasting goes, have to just give it a rest for a while.

Good luck,

Skanoochies.:o

Tom
06-12-2004, 10:23 PM
I once had four consecutive horses not finish a race:
One rider fell off, the next one was eased, the next one fell, and the last one was distanced. This was races 6-7-8-9 on one card!

sq764
06-13-2004, 12:49 AM
tom, you just made me laugh.. thanks...

in the harness world.. I had 3 straight win bets break.. that sucked.

penguinfan
06-13-2004, 07:52 AM
Freeneasy, believe me I hear you, but I have not changed the way I wager, I am a win player who has probably always reached 3 horses deep to find a better price, meaning I will bet who I think is the 3rd best horse in the race if I can find any reason to think he may improve and he is 8-1 or higher, thats my style and it has really worked at Mountaineer for a couple of years now, that track is not as hard to handicap as people thingk when they see all those big prices, maybe it is time to change a bit though, I mean no playing style can work forever, can it?
Thanks

Penguinfan

freeneasy
06-13-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Tom
I once had four consecutive horses not finish a race:
One rider fell off, the next one was eased, the next one fell, and the last one was distanced. This was races 6-7-8-9 on one card!

tom... i stand in aw. id pat ya on the back and say "hey tom let it go" but geez i think id be afraid sump'n might rub off on me and id end up being doomed forever. seriously tho i would have booked two years worth of appointments with the first phyco theroputical analists in the phone book cause thats just about the most hysterical thing ive ever heard. musta had a lot of ongoing conversations with yourself. hey in a way its kind of fun having a split personality. if you dont like one you just talk to the other:D

Zman179
06-13-2004, 07:06 PM
Let's see, things that have happened to me (that I can remember):

Once had 27 straight win bets run second. And no, I didn't bet on any of them to place.

Had an entire day (and night) where every exacta box I played ran either 1st & 3rd or 2nd & 3rd and every trifecta box ran 1/2/4, 1/3/4 or 2/3/4.

Had 12 straight pick 4 wagers with 3 out of 4 (on small tickets too...$8 or less), all of them lost on the last leg.

Had a double which was paying over $300 at Churchill, horse was leading by 7 when he broke down with 20 yards to the finish line.

Lost a $29,000 pick 6 at Aqueduct by half a nose needing the 1/2 odds-on favorite to take down the pool. Got a rotten $120 consolation instead.

freeneasy
06-14-2004, 01:24 PM
bet a rolling pk 3 with my bookie. hit 3 out of 4. one paid $1800 all toll the the amount came to $2700 but the book only paid me $500, said we have a payout limit and only pay up to so much on exotics. had a pk3 with a $100 winner going into the last leg with the 2 bet down favs, couldnt lose, got 2nd and 3rd. bet a tri that paid like 2 grand, lokked at my tickets and it wasnt there, either lost it or forgot to call it out . hit a $12,000 pk 6 on a $8 ticket, this time when i looked at my ticket i saw that i had put the number of the 4th race win horse in the 5th race and put the number of the 5th race win horse in the 4th race. unbelieveable.