PDA

View Full Version : English Channel Stakes -- BELMONT 10/25 Race 7

cbp
10-24-2015, 10:19 PM
:4:, Nonna's Boy: Cutting back in distance and appears to have a clear pace advantage here. Should be able to control this race.

:2:, Vision Perfect: easily handled by the 4 in the Hill Prince. But this one is also cutting back and figures to get a nice inside chasing trip.

:9:, A Lot: always gets a piece.

Hope the rain holds off and this one goes on the turf as scheduled

cbp
10-25-2015, 01:16 PM
Woodbine Race 5.

Nice 2 year old turf race. The course is yielding, however, and no telling which horses(s) it might favor.

:4:, Storm Hawk: Briefly dueled with two others, drew off, and was run down in the stretch. Like the effort, however, even though the other early speed horses were dropped, the race went 4-1-5-9. Hard to tell what running style the race favored but I'd guess the closers didn't get the best of it.

:8:, English Illusion: coming out the same race as the :4: and made a wide turn move. Still continued well the the lane.

:1:, Conquest Sabre Cat: got in it wide on the turn and put in a decent stretch run. Was passed by the :3: late stretch.

:3:, Crescent Drive: between and behind horses until he entered, ducked to the rail and then blew by the :1: late. Didn't run as much earlier as the :3:.

I suspect the :1: takes money and this will dictate how I play the race.

Should be able to cash the tri with these four.