PDA

View Full Version : Jealous Jocks?

KingChas
06-11-2004, 11:26 PM
You tell me?http://www.americanturf.com/newsletter/show.cfm?id=422

sq764
06-12-2004, 12:02 AM
This comment says it all for me:

"As for the race itself, Smarty ran lights out. If he had been 5-1 instead of 1-5, his race would have been hailed by the media and the public as a brilliant effort."

Let's face it, if he hadn't been going for the triple crown, his Belmont race would have been simply awesome.. But because he was, it was a disappointment.

KingChas
06-12-2004, 12:26 AM
I know from my previous posts that some people don't like John Piesen,but I do(respect)If anyone had an insiders view of the Belmont he did.Conspiracy,Sacrifice,Ignorance, Envy.I will let everyone decide for themselves.I was also critisized before for not using sources(names) in my post by- media people.Read this article and every other by writers and media>(Generalisize(sic)all the time horseracing to politics.Hearsay?This is how writers,media- write-like it or not.Thats life.

BeatTheChalk
06-12-2004, 12:36 AM
While the gentleman may have some keen insights...
He is .. above all .. a systems hustler..with very little
class... imho. I tried one of his systems..which didnt
even come close to working.
When I asked for a refund .. he said that he wanted
a 30 day workout. So I let it slide...Then he has the
audacity to send me more stuff... and of course his
guaranteed winners in the Triple Crown.
He is just a part of the Hurley System's Mill .. churning it
out....My opinion .. I could be wrong ( and I often am )

KingChas
06-12-2004, 12:45 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BeatTheChalk
[B]While the gentleman may have some keen insights...

BTC- Doesn't Mr. JP hold the public handicapper record for most consecutive winners(days in a row)?(may never be broken).Systems, I can't answer that I make my own.The man merits respect.

takeout
06-12-2004, 01:22 AM
Didn't someone once point out a flaw in Pieson's "record" in another thread?

kenwoodallpromos
06-12-2004, 01:38 AM
Revealing article.
In horseracing, there is direct competition between:
Jockeys;
Jockey agents;
trainers;
owners;
tracks;
bettors;
Information services;
Picks services;
Systems sellers;
NTRA and other gambling venues;
Journalists;
Is anyone surprised that we or anyone else involved in horseracing gets an attitude, emotional, plays games, or BS'es
once in a while?
PA forum members.

KingChas
06-12-2004, 01:46 AM
Excellent reply,I'm not getting into this mans get rich schemes.No Idea.What I'm saying is this man was very close to the Smarty Team(SERVIS).How many of us were in the jocks room Belmont Day?I read previously in a JP(personal discussion) article how Steve A.( big time trainer) would have bet his stable with JP that Smarty wouldn't win Derby.(IM IN)

takeout
06-12-2004, 03:03 AM
Found the post regarding Piesen's record:

From Apprentice:

I can tell you a little about Piesen. He used to be the DRF Monmouth Park/Meadowlands handicapper. I won't comment on his picks, however to this day he still brags in his ads "I picked one or more winners a day for 207 days in a row". Back in 2000, I used to do numbers on the Jersey tracks and had all of the forms from his "streak". I was curious when I 1st read about his "accomplishment", so I went back and looked at his selections to see exactly what he did. What he is stating is that out of his 3 picks from each race, that ONE of those horses won ONE of those races on each day. No big deal to start with, but I found a day during his so called streak that he DID NOT pick any winners out of his 30 or so listed picks. I sent an e-mail to the DRF and to Piesen giving the exact day and telling them about the error but never heard a response, and to this day he uses still uses that comment in EVERY ad he places. I don't have those forms anymore so I cannot tell you the exact date, but I get a good laugh every time I see his ad.
------------------

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11018&highlight=Piesen+and+record

Picking 30 horses a day. Gee, that must've been tough. :D How can you take anything the guy says seriously? Granted, he doesn't have as much incentive to lie in an article as he does when he's touting or trying to sell some BS system but it looks like he sold out any credibility he had a long time ago. I agree with a lot of the stuff in the article but I had already seen it elsewhere. He probably had too.

kenwoodallpromos
06-12-2004, 01:08 PM
A lot of public pickers use 3 per race. Others just bet privately with 1 per race.

takeout
06-12-2004, 02:20 PM
Yeah. And a lot of them are now picking 4 per race because of superfectas. What's that, 30 or 40% of the card depending on short fields and such? I should hope that they would be able to have at least one winner "on top" per day for a long time. Geez, that's not much more than saying I remembered to eat at least once a day for 7 months. :D Apologies to KingChas and everyone else for straying from the thread but these types just slay me. :D