PDA

View Full Version : And the winner of The No guts,No glory award .....

taxicab
10-24-2015, 01:47 AM
Goes to:
Trainer Linda Rice!
If she runs either Palace and/or La Verdad for 150k against a bunch of NY breds [@ 1-5] Saturday instead of running both horses in the Breeders Cup Sprint/F & M Sprint {for 1.5 Million/1 Million} she is a coward.
Heck,La Verdad might of gone off as the favorite in her BC race.
As a matter of fact,the three horse that just finished 2nd/3rd/4th to La Verdad in the Gallant Bloom are all running at Keenland in the F & M Sprint next Saturday. :eek:
Yeah,there's a reason she's never won a TC Prep Race/TC Race/BC Race before.
Look no further than trainer Michael Hushion,he's going to run Artemus Agrotera in the very same FM Sprint off of a one year layoff.......good for him. :ThmbUp:
I really hope trainer Rice comes to her senses and scratches both of her quality sprinters off of the NY bred Belmont card tomorrow.

Donttellmeshowme
10-24-2015, 08:48 AM
One of the horses has missed some training thats why shes undecided. Shes doing whats best for the horse. Not a coward move at all.

Tom
10-24-2015, 10:22 AM
Linda is no stranger to the scratch.
I think she needs closure a lot.

She is the hokie pokie trainer.

*sing*
You put your filly, in you take you filly out.....

sammy the sage
10-24-2015, 10:24 AM
well YOU boys post the rather LARGE entry fee...and they'll run there...if owner AIN"T willing... :rolleyes: :faint:

EMD4ME
10-24-2015, 10:48 AM
La Verdad running at Bel today as emate scratched.

magwell
10-24-2015, 02:08 PM
It's best to let Linda train her horses and others stick to what ever they do besides second guess her........:rolleyes:

Stillriledup
10-24-2015, 02:10 PM
It's best to let Linda train her horses and others stick to what ever they do besides second guess her........:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure we knew both horses were locks today. Both winning easy makes the point for those saying she was a coward.

magwell
10-24-2015, 02:23 PM
I'm pretty sure we knew both horses were locks today. Both winning easy makes the point for those saying she was a coward.Calling her a coward is a insult, these two NY breds have won 28 of 49 starts and 3 million bucks so far, she's at her barn every day at 5:30 am while you smart guys are still in your cribs, and then come in here calling her a coward (be ashamed of yourself's),,,,,,,,,,:rolleyes:

Saratoga_Mike
10-24-2015, 02:26 PM
Calling her a coward is a insult, these two NY breds have won 28 of 49 starts and 3 million bucks so far, she's at her barn every day at 5:30 am while you smart guys are still in your cribs, and then come in here calling her a coward (be ashamed of yourself's),,,,,,,,,,:rolleyes:

Completely agree with you. I can understand disagreeing with her moves, but a coward? Absurd.

Stillriledup
10-24-2015, 02:27 PM
Calling her a coward is a insult, these two NY breds have won 28 of 49 starts and 3 million bucks so far, she's at her barn every day at 5:30 am while you smart guys are still in your cribs, and then come in here calling her a coward (be ashamed of yourself's),,,,,,,,,,:rolleyes:

Personally I would have run and taken the free money, so I'm with ya.

cj
10-24-2015, 02:28 PM
Coward is going too far. What this shows is that the sporting nature of the game is going the way of the dinosaur, it is strictly business for most involved. There are a few exceptions of course.

Saratoga_Mike
10-24-2015, 02:30 PM
Personally I would have run and taken the free money, so I'm with ya.

You just wrote two posts ago: "Both winning easy makes the point for those saying she was a coward."

You are not "with" the other poster.

Stillriledup
10-24-2015, 02:55 PM
You just wrote two posts ago: "Both winning easy makes the point for those saying she was a coward."

You are not "with" the other poster.

I may have phrased that wrong, the point I was making was that those who were criticizing her for taking the easy way out would have Been less justified in their position had those horses not won rather than the other way around.

PhantomOnTour
10-24-2015, 03:31 PM
LaVerdad would not have won either sprint at Breeder's Cup.
Males at 6f was too much and females at 7f was too far

cj
10-24-2015, 03:40 PM

If everyone plays it safe, we get nothing but a bunch of unbettable, barely watchable races---oh wait, we already get that most days of the week.

Tom
10-24-2015, 04:28 PM
Oooooo, she won them both, and earns the respect and admiration of horse players everywhere for her remarkable training skills. :jump: :jump: :jump:
And on New York In-bred day to boot!

Cholly
10-24-2015, 04:54 PM
not necessarily a defense, but...

The owner of La Verdad is the Lady Sheila Stable, a group of (female) New York City socialites who don't need the money, may not even know where Lexington Ky is, and probably feel that if it happens west of the Hudson, then it doesn't really happen at all.

This way they get to watch their horse run & win, get their picture taken, and still have an easy segue to whatever it is that New York socialites do on a Saturday night.

Redboard
10-24-2015, 05:00 PM
well YOU boys post the rather LARGE entry fee...and they'll run there...if owner AIN"T willing... :rolleyes: :faint:

I do agree with you. It's not like she won a "win and you're in race." Did she? OP is a little harsh.

tiger rose
10-24-2015, 06:30 PM
I was with you thinking if you have a cup horse,take the shot and run

but on the ny racing channel just now

said it's her last race and La Verdad is going to be sold at the ny brood mare sales next week, so running in NY made more sense
if interested you need to bring the $$$$$
seems her mom was a good breeder

thespaah
10-24-2015, 06:44 PM
If everyone plays it safe, we get nothing but a bunch of unbettable, barely watchable races---oh wait, we already get that most days of the week.
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

v j stauffer
10-24-2015, 09:48 PM
Goes to:
Trainer Linda Rice!
If she runs either Palace and/or La Verdad for 150k against a bunch of NY breds [@ 1-5] Saturday instead of running both horses in the Breeders Cup Sprint/F & M Sprint {for 1.5 Million/1 Million} she is a coward.
Heck,La Verdad might of gone off as the favorite in her BC race.
As a matter of fact,the three horse that just finished 2nd/3rd/4th to La Verdad in the Gallant Bloom are all running at Keenland in the F & M Sprint next Saturday. :eek:
Yeah,there's a reason she's never won a TC Prep Race/TC Race/BC Race before.
Look no further than trainer Michael Hushion,he's going to run Artemus Agrotera in the very same FM Sprint off of a one year layoff.......good for him. :ThmbUp:
I really hope trainer Rice comes to her senses and scratches both of her quality sprinters off of the NY bred Belmont card tomorrow.

A coward? Wow. That's very special. Sad. :mad:

PhantomOnTour
10-24-2015, 10:07 PM
I don't think her absence will hurt the "bettability" of either BrCup dirt sprint race.
Do you?

taxicab
10-24-2015, 11:14 PM
Well excuuuuuuse me!
I had no idea I was dealing with such a caring,sensitive,fragile board.
I mean,what was I thinking ????
Such language !
How,how dare I !!
I.....I.....I used the "C" word!!!
Oh the horror of it all!!!
Let me offer my deepest sincerest apologies here.
I am so sorry I made all of you grizzled,hardened,tough as nails :rolleyes: horseplayers cry.
I think when I used the word coward, I actually posted the single most mean spirited thing in the history of the internet......WTF was I thinking ???
I will gladly offer to pay for therapy to anybody who's GDMF life I ruined by using the "C" word.(The C word is so bad I'm now afraid to even write it).
Does the word context mean anything to you people ?
Geez,it's not like I used the word coward in referencing Linda Rice knocking over small children and pushing aside senior citizens in wheelchairs to flee a room engulfed in flames.
I was using it as an adjective in a sentence to point out she(and her connections) took the easy way out in a.........."Scaredy-Cat" like move.....there,are ya'll happy now ?......or is Scaredy-Cat going to make all of the librarians,school teachers and church going non-sinners offended also ?
Somebody please remind me of something here......is this a horse racing message board ?
Do people make comments on horse racing here ?
I guess it isn't.
I guess it's a message board loaded full of the Politically Correct Police.
You know I get after EMD4ME & SRU something fierce on a regular basis and they handle it like men without all of the holier-than-thou outrage.......at least their skin isn't thinner than wet Kleenex.
Ya'll have a good time in Church tomorrow. :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
10-24-2015, 11:25 PM
Well excuuuuuuse me!
Such language !
How,how dare I !!
I am so sorry I made all of you grizzled,hardened,tough as nails :rolleyes: horseplayers cry.
I think when I used the word coward, I actually posted the single most mean spirited thing in the history of the internet......WTF was I thinking ???
I will gladly offer to pay for therapy to anybody who's GDMF life I ruined by using the "C" word.(The C word is so bad I'm now afraid to even write it).
Geez,it's not like I used the word coward in referencing Linda Rice knocking over small children and pushing aside senior citizens in wheelchairs to flee a room engulfed in flames.
I was using it as an adjective in a sentence to point out she(and her connections) took the easy way out in a.........."Scaredy-Cat" like move.....there,are ya'll happy now ?......or is Scaredy-Cat going to make all of the librarians,school teachers and church going non-sinners offended also ?
Somebody please remind me of something here......is this a horse racing message board ?
I guess it isn't.
You know I get after EMD4ME & SRU something fierce on a regular basis and they handle it like men without all of the holier-than-thou outrage.......at least their skin isn't thinner than wet Kleenex.

Some posters here are soft. Like. Charmin.

Keep bringin it cabber, don't hold back!

cj
10-24-2015, 11:55 PM
I don't think her absence will hurt the "bettability" of either BrCup dirt sprint race.
Do you?

I think La Verdad not being there does, not so much Palace.

PhantomOnTour
10-25-2015, 12:15 AM
I still think the smart move was to avoid the BrCup (obviously) because I think she had no shot in either race....esp the way the Filly Sprint is shaping up this year.
Gals like Taris and even Super Majesty would lay all over her and go right on by, not to mention Cavorting.
Even though she's better than she was last year, this was a very tough task away from the friendly confines of NY.

And speaking of Super Majesty...I know she's light on experience and might be better suited for the 2016 renewal with more maturity...but, hmmm, she's kinda fast

castaway01
10-25-2015, 08:07 AM
Well excuuuuuuse me!
Such language !
How,how dare I !!
I guess it isn't.

Sort of defeating your point about "thin skins" when you whine about language and political correctness for 73 sentences. The point flew right over your pointy head anyway, as "coward" was a dumb word to use because it wasn't appropriate for the situation. The horse in question is being retired and they were giving her a win in an easier race on the way out. Nothing to do with cowardice. So see, you were stupid, not offensive.

Now back to getting your panties in a bunch and ranting about how offended you are about how we're offended.

Tom
10-25-2015, 09:54 AM
Do you?

One less quitter getting in the way when the real racing begins.

magwell
10-25-2015, 11:12 AM
Sort of defeating your point about "thin skins" when you whine about language and political correctness for 73 sentences. The point flew right over your pointy head anyway, as "coward" was a dumb word to use because it wasn't appropriate for the situation. The horse in question is being retired and they were giving her a win in an easier race on the way out. Nothing to do with cowardice. So see, you were stupid, not offensive.

Now back to getting your panties in a bunch and ranting about how offended you are about how we're offended.Yep that was a weak cop out, it had nothing to do with political correctness it was just dumb and he was called out, that's all...... when your wrong your wrong I got called out plenty since I've been here..........:p

Donttellmeshowme
10-25-2015, 11:38 AM

Bingo we have a winner.....

Donttellmeshowme
10-25-2015, 11:41 AM

Oh lets do wats right for the bettors not for the horses. Brilliant idea. We already have a bunch of D Wayne Lukas trainers who run them where they shouldnt so now we have a trainer who runs them where they belong and the race in unbettable.

Donttellmeshowme
10-25-2015, 11:45 AM
Well excuuuuuuse me!
Such language !
How,how dare I !!
I guess it isn't.

Its most definetely a horse racing board. You have your opinion and we have ours. I see 4 people already on here who say it wasnt a coward move. I guess we dont have an opinion. I guess Vic who probably has 20 yrs in racing doesnt know what hes talking about when he says it wasnt a coward move.

EMD4ME
10-25-2015, 12:14 PM
La Verdad is taking her money from yesterday's race and WILL be running in the BC....according to TLG.

Spiderman
10-25-2015, 12:21 PM
La Verdad is taking her money from yesterday's race and WILL be running in the BC....according to TLG.

La Verdad displayed a new dimension in running style, yesterday. She stalked and got lead in :44 held on through lane. Good workout if preparing for BC.

cj
10-25-2015, 02:48 PM
Oh lets do wats right for the bettors not for the horses. Brilliant idea. We already have a bunch of D Wayne Lukas trainers who run them where they shouldnt so now we have a trainer who runs them where they belong and the race in unbettable.

Yeah, because that is what I said...LOL. Talk about using the Leap to Conclusions mat.

mountainman
10-25-2015, 04:22 PM
Trainers that place good horses conservatively are almost invariably more skilled than attention whoring peers with inflated opinions of their stock and selfish desires for the spotlight.

Linda Rice's decision in this instance isn't merely professional-it's downright SEXY to an observer who's seen too many wins tossed away and too many horses wasted in ambitious spots. Her job isn't to support the bc, nor to ensure entertainment for horseplayers. She gets paid to do right by her clients and stock.

Tom
10-25-2015, 05:05 PM
Its most definetely a horse racing board.

We like to call it a "customers" board.

Donttellmeshowme
10-25-2015, 05:08 PM
Trainers that place good horses conservatively are almost invariably more skilled than attention whoring peers with inflated opinions of their stock and selfish desires for the spotlight.

Linda Rice's decision in this instance isn't merely professional-it's downright SEXY to an observer who's seen too many wins tossed away and too many horses wasted in ambitious spots. Her job isn't to support the bc, nor to ensure entertainment for horseplayers. She gets paid to do right by her clients and stock.

And we have another winner.....

Stillriledup
10-25-2015, 05:12 PM

There are some trainers who are the anti linda rice, I won't mention any names though we all know who they are.

I was battling hard in the holy roller thread about the BCC and nobody agreed with me.

taxicab
10-25-2015, 08:58 PM

Now back to getting your panties in a bunch and ranting about how offended you are about how we're offended.
Touched a nerve........did I?
Mr.Castaway, you seem so angry.
I will have you know Mr. Castaway that I have never had any problems with you,and want to stay on your good side. :ThmbUp:
You do understand that there was a certain amount of sarcasm in message #23.....don't you?
I'll tell ya what,from now on when I'm talking to you I'll try to explain when I'm being sarcastic,to make it easier for you to understand......OK? :ThmbUp:
And let me be the bigger man here,I am going to apologize to you right here and now!
It seems like I've been apologizing alot in this thread recently........ :D
Dear Mr. Castaway.......I Taxicab(me)apologize to you for making you cry.
I had no idea you you were going to get so upset when I posted message number #23 in this thread(you see Mr. Castaway that's sarcasm).
And my goodness gracious Mr. Castaway.........I was Stupid ?
Now,that doesn't seem very neighborly like of you,does it ? (sarcasm again Mr. C......catching on yet ?).
BTW....I think you said I was stupid because you said the mare in question was being retired after yesterday's race.....right ?
Funny,I never read or herd that from trainer Rice.
All I herd from her(Friday night) was that La Verdad was running in the NY bred Saturday,and she wasn't running in the BC.
Perhaps Mr.C, you should check your facts before insulting people and calling them names(just a suggestion Mr. C........after all I want no ill will with you in any way/shape/form).
But wait!
There's one more thing here Mr. C.......didn't trainer Rice announce today that she's calling an audible and she's wheeling La Verdad back in a week and running her in the BCFM Sprint ?
Imagine that....
So in a roundabout way I had it right all along......now didn't I ?
You might say Mr.C,that I knew what trainer Linda was going to do before she knew herself.....hmmmmm.
And hey!.....I have no problem congratulating trainer Rice on her decision to run LV in the FM Sprint......cowardly,what was I thinking ?
I think it's a genius move on her part to take my advise and run LV next Saturday. ;)
See Mr.C.,no animosity from me towards you.......I would never call you bad names and such.
I want no problems with you.
I hope you've learned a little bit in this thread Mr.C.
You're Welcome.
Have a great day sir.

taxicab
10-25-2015, 09:22 PM
Yep that was a weak cop out, it had nothing to do with political correctness it was just dumb and he was called out, that's all...... when your wrong your wrong I got called out plenty since I've been here..........:p
Thank you so much for telling me what my words mean when I post them.
That's a handy-dandy gift you posses magwell,it must score you lots of points with people. :D
And since Linda Rice decided to run LV next Saturday,perhaps dumb wasn't quite the right adjective to use.
Wait a minute here!
I can also interpret what other people's words mean......hey,I guess I've learned something from you in this thread magwell.
Thanks so much. :ThmbUp:

EMD4ME
10-25-2015, 09:28 PM
Is THIS is a good time for me to say?

1) I'm offended that someone was offended that Cabbie was offended by the remarks that were taken offensively by the people who were offended, which in turn offended Cabbie again?

2) Cabbie VS. Castaway reminds me of a WWE main event PPV where I wasn't a fan of either participants but then grew allegiance towards one of them in the process.

Go CABBIE! Rant away and Castaway the competition :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sometimes this site is BETTER than a WWE PPV!

taxicab
10-25-2015, 09:28 PM

Interesting take magwell.
I always enjoy reading your stuff.
But I have a question here.....
What does Lida Rice being at her barn everyday at 5:30 have to do with the topic of this thread?
And if you'd be kind enough to help me out a second time ?
How do you know what time I start work?

EMD4ME
10-25-2015, 09:31 PM
Looks like Magwell will be the special referee :lol: :lol: :lol:

In all seriousness, I can't blame Cabbie.

I'm ticked off at Liam's Map's connections. In the spirit of the BC the best should beat the best or at least race against the best.

Why securely take a $90,000 1st place prize when you can take a shot at $550,000 and eternal glory?

I could see it with Palace as he didn't look so hot Sat. LV did look primed to win and jogged. Why not have used that Saturday bullet next weekend?

taxicab
10-25-2015, 09:31 PM
Ashamed of myself ?
Judgemental much...... :eek:

taxicab
10-25-2015, 09:36 PM
You're a good capper Phantom.
Time will tell.

taxicab
10-25-2015, 09:40 PM
Wow....
What I got was that CJ said absolutely nothing like what you posted.
Yeah,just keep making stuff up as you go along......it's so very credible. :rolleyes:

taxicab
10-25-2015, 09:43 PM
Smart move.
I think LV has a shot.
She'll take pretty good betting action with her incredible sharpness and classy resume.
I'm thinking she'll be one of the top three betting choices.
I kind of like her.....ya know.

EMD4ME
10-25-2015, 09:44 PM
For the record, I think she is way up against in the BCC but you never know, hence why I think she deserves the chance to go.

For the record, Cavorting is my rock in that race. Been waiting for this horse in this race since the summer.

taxicab
10-25-2015, 09:45 PM

Correct.
Well thought-out/presented post.

taxicab
10-25-2015, 09:47 PM
Is THIS is a good time for me to say?

1) I'm offended that someone was offended that Cabbie was offended by the remarks that were taken offensively by the people who were offended, which in turn offended Cabbie again?

2) Cabbie VS. Castaway reminds me of a WWE main event PPV where I wasn't a fan of either participants but then grew allegiance towards one of them in the process.

Go CABBIE! Rant away and Castaway the competition :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sometimes this site is BETTER than a WWE PPV!

OK......that's a pretty funny post. :D
Nice.... :ThmbUp:

taxicab
10-25-2015, 09:49 PM
For the record, I think she is way up against in the BCC but you never know, hence why I think she deserves the chance to go.

For the record, Cavorting is my rock in that race. Been waiting for this horse in this race since the summer.
Cavorting is a nice type.
I think she's never been beaten sprinting on the dirt(not positive) ?

EMD4ME
10-25-2015, 09:51 PM
OK......that's a pretty funny post. :D
Nice.... :ThmbUp:

The ROCK says: Thank you Cabbie. ;)

EMD4ME
10-25-2015, 09:52 PM
Cavorting is a nice type.
I think she's never been beaten sprinting on the dirt(not positive) ?

Great memory Cabbie. 5 for 5 sprinting on Dirt sir.

Donttellmeshowme
10-25-2015, 11:01 PM
Wow....
What I got was that CJ said absolutely nothing like what you posted.
Yeah,just keep making stuff up as you go along......it's so very credible. :rolleyes:

What he said was if everyone plays it safe we have unbettable and unwatchable races. So hes really criticizing Rice for playing it safe and taking the easy money. What part of that dont you understand?

PaceAdvantage
10-26-2015, 04:21 PM
Well excuuuuuuse me!
Such language !
How,how dare I !!
I guess it isn't.
Ya'll have a good time in Church tomorrow. :ThmbUp:I guess there was a reason that guy used to stalk you on here and post shit to you...I thought he was being the dick and kicked him off...looks like I should have done the 2 for 1 special after this special little rant from you...

GDMF...why not just spell it all out and be a MAN about it... :lol:

PaceAdvantage
10-26-2015, 04:22 PM
Keep bringin it cabber, don't hold back!Make it a 3 for 1 special...any more takers?

PaceAdvantage
10-26-2015, 04:24 PM
Touched a nerve........did I?
Mr.Castaway, you seem so angry.
I will have you know Mr. Castaway that I have never had any problems with you,and want to stay on your good side. :ThmbUp:
You do understand that there was a certain amount of sarcasm in message #23.....don't you?
I'll tell ya what,from now on when I'm talking to you I'll try to explain when I'm being sarcastic,to make it easier for you to understand......OK? :ThmbUp:
And let me be the bigger man here,I am going to apologize to you right here and now!
It seems like I've been apologizing alot in this thread recently........ :D
Dear Mr. Castaway.......I Taxicab(me)apologize to you for making you cry.
I had no idea you you were going to get so upset when I posted message number #23 in this thread(you see Mr. Castaway that's sarcasm).
And my goodness gracious Mr. Castaway.........I was Stupid ?
Now,that doesn't seem very neighborly like of you,does it ? (sarcasm again Mr. C......catching on yet ?).
BTW....I think you said I was stupid because you said the mare in question was being retired after yesterday's race.....right ?
Funny,I never read or herd that from trainer Rice.
All I herd from her(Friday night) was that La Verdad was running in the NY bred Saturday,and she wasn't running in the BC.
Perhaps Mr.C, you should check your facts before insulting people and calling them names(just a suggestion Mr. C........after all I want no ill will with you in any way/shape/form).
But wait!
There's one more thing here Mr. C.......didn't trainer Rice announce today that she's calling an audible and she's wheeling La Verdad back in a week and running her in the BCFM Sprint ?
Imagine that....
So in a roundabout way I had it right all along......now didn't I ?
You might say Mr.C,that I knew what trainer Linda was going to do before she knew herself.....hmmmmm.
And hey!.....I have no problem congratulating trainer Rice on her decision to run LV in the FM Sprint......cowardly,what was I thinking ?
I think it's a genius move on her part to take my advise and run LV next Saturday. ;)
See Mr.C.,no animosity from me towards you.......I would never call you bad names and such.
I want no problems with you.
I hope you've learned a little bit in this thread Mr.C.
You're Welcome.
Have a great day sir.Doubling down on dickishness...excellent move! :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
10-26-2015, 04:25 PM
BTW, whoever woke up taxicab...don't do that next time, ok?

taxicab
10-26-2015, 07:24 PM
I guess there was a reason that guy used to stalk you on here and post shit to you...I thought he was being the dick and kicked him off...looks like I should have done the 2 for 1 special after this special little rant from you...

GDMF...why not just spell it all out and be a MAN about it... :lol:

I don't like to swear..... :D

taxicab
10-26-2015, 07:26 PM
Doubling down on dickishness...excellent move! :ThmbUp:
He had it coming.

taxicab
10-26-2015, 07:30 PM
BTW, whoever woke up taxicab...don't do that next time, ok?
What ?
Just because I misspelled heard ? :)