PDA

View Full Version : Freehold Live! 10/23/2015

Teach
10-23-2015, 12:35 PM
Race One: I can make a case for a few horses here...make that four. # 4 Relentless Dancer has at least won five races, lifetime. My major concern is that she hasn't appeared in a pari-mutuel race for nearly two months. Yet back-class-wise she could possibly do it on memory. The start of the race will say a lot. Speaking of the start of the race, #3 She Escapes Me is an interesting preposition (sorry, malaprop). She needed her last. Has the times. Others to consider are #2 That Girl Of Mine and #7 BC'S Belle Street. Good Luck!

Teach
10-23-2015, 12:54 PM
Race Two: I'm looking at the two outside horses: #7 ForBettor Or Worse and #8 Algebra. #2 All On My Own might provide some value.

Ziggy
10-23-2015, 01:20 PM
Nice call on #7 FOR BETTER !

Teach
10-23-2015, 01:21 PM
Race Three: #1 Cultured Pearl looks like "the horse" - must not "dance". Jim Marshall III handles trotters very well. I'm tempted to box. This mare has a habit of playing bridesmaid. If she stays flat, should be on tote. Others: #2 Majestic Lad; #5 McRiddler and #7 Move It Move It.

Teach
10-23-2015, 01:22 PM
Thanks Ziggy! Hope you had a piece of that.

Teach
10-23-2015, 01:45 PM
Race Four: It looks like "The Inside" here. I'm admittedly going to look for a little value with the deuce, #2 Rock Concert. This 6-year-old Life Sign-bred mare has faced better in the past. This mare can close; she has a nice starting position from which to mount a late-closing charge (if she doesn't get shuffled back). Vinny Ginsburg is in the sulky. The best kept secret in Freehold Township, New Jersey, Nick Surick (Nick had three winners on yesterday's card) draws inside. The mare, #1 Love That Badlands, has won two-straight. A factor here with the aforementioned Surick. #3 HS Open Waters with Chase Vandervort (he's already delivered with "a bomb") can be a factor. If Chase leaves with this mare; she immediately becomes a player. If you're playing dime supers, maybe the #4 or #5.

Teach
10-23-2015, 02:05 PM
Race Five: I'm again looking inside to mid-pack at the first four or five horses. I find it hard to make a case for any one trotter. I think I may box three or four horses and see of my "net" captures me a solid exacta or tri. I'm impressed with Rich Bilach's aged Ohio-bred, #5 Trotting Troy. I suspect that if this 11-year-old can get away cleanly, he should be on "the engine". He may well be tough to catch if Bilach can ration out this horse's speed. #2 Streamliner has been facing better down in Delaware. The Pine Chip-bred gelding draws a much improved starting post. Jim Marshall III handles trotters as well as anyone who campaigns at Freehold. Others on my list are: #1 Lunch Time; #3 Muscarene and #4 Jack's Reef.

Teach
10-23-2015, 02:30 PM
Race Six: Again, the "inside" starting posts catch my attention. At first blush, A & G's Design looks like a top pick. But I'll go out on the limb and say that I believe he's vulnerable. I'm leaning toward two others horses: #1 A Mean Hurricane. I think "Smitty's" one of the best drivers campaigning at Freehold. This is "his track" and he does well at Freehold. This mare has faced better at both Rosecroft and Philly. The rail helps. There's chance for an upset. The other upset possibility is Irish Joe Hanney's charge, #3 Caviart Cara. This Cam's Card Shark-bred mare has faced better. If she gets the trip, she can easily be a factor. Finally, #4 Cheyenne Leila.

Teach
10-23-2015, 02:49 PM
Race Seven: In this trot I'm going to try to spring the upset with Kyle DiBenedetto's charge, #5 Thankyoukessel. For one, he's by the prolific Canadian sire, Ken Wakentin. Yet, there are other reasons, as well. This 5-year-old gelding can close; he showed that against better at Yonkers about a month ago. In a race that is looking for a closer, this gelding might just be --- the one! Others worthy of consideration are: #1 Touch Of Charm; #2 P L Eureka and #4 Beau Joe.

Teach
10-23-2015, 03:17 PM
Race Eight: I'm gonna try again for the upset with #5 Galerina. This 4-year-old Ontario-bred mare has faced better at Pocono. Her times have been most solid. She certainly fits in this company; worth a look. The logical is #1 Oceans Motion. This mare, if right, can breeze over this field. Yet, lately, this horse had had troubles making it to the races. If fit, she's a considerable factor; yet I don't know that. You might consider insurance plays. The other horse I'm looking at is #2 Ulleann. This mare is a consistent sort who is capable of hitting the tote.

Teach
10-23-2015, 03:36 PM
Race Nine: Here we go...always looking for a longshot. Before you say: abuelo loco. I like: #1 Special Command. If the gelding can handle hopples off... Others: #2 Lindy's Truffles. Nicely bred 4-year old might just wake up. Also: #4 Guard Your Hearts and #5 Mass Appeal.

Teach
10-23-2015, 03:56 PM
Race Ten: The rail horse will be overbet. I believe vulnerable. Not sayin' he don't hit the board, but... In order of preference: #7 GS Grasshopper; #3 Lo Rail Crossing; Also: #s 2, 1, 6

Teach
10-23-2015, 04:17 PM
In the finale, I'm not sure I can give you a winner, but I'll go out on the limb and say I believe Steve Smith hits the tote with #7 SS Derby Girl. Can Jim Marshall III get "one for the thumb," a 5-bagger? The way he's driving... Others with a shot: #2 Miss Behave and a longshot try, #1 Fella's Ella.