PDA

View Full Version : Jays/Royals Game #6

chenoa
10-22-2015, 08:46 PM
The last game David Price pitched in KC, I was expecting him to get rocked. Instead, I was very impressed and thought he deserved a much better fate than the result he got. Must take note though of the start time of that game and the factor the sun/shadows had on the hitters for the first few innings, both pitchers had good numbers in terms of strike outs. But in the end, still gave up hits.

Considering the later start time, 7.5 over/under seems to be a pre-xmas gift.

OVER is the play.

thaskalos
10-23-2015, 04:47 AM
I am violating my rule of automatically betting against Price in the post-season...and I am laying the -128 on this one.

And I am also placing a wager on Toronto to advance to the World Series. I think Cueto will get bombed in game 7...if there is one.

chenoa
10-23-2015, 10:34 AM
I am violating my rule of automatically betting against Price in the post-season...and I am laying the -128 on this one.

And I am also placing a wager on Toronto to advance to the World Series. I think Cueto will get bombed in game 7...if there is one.

I would like to see TOR advance, here's hoping for a few long balls leaving the yard. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
10-23-2015, 11:47 AM
This is essentially game 7 for KC, they can't risk going back north of the border, Texas got rattled there in deciding game, why wouldn't they.

End it tonight.

FantasticDan
10-23-2015, 12:54 PM
This is essentially game 7 for KC, they can't risk going back north of the border, Texas got rattled there in deciding game, why wouldn't they. :confused: These final two games of the series are in KC..

cj
10-23-2015, 01:14 PM
:confused: These final two games of the series are in KC..

Yes, unless they changed the rules and went to the dreaded 2-3-1-1 series format that gives the team with the worst record more home games.

Stillriledup
10-23-2015, 05:04 PM
:confused: These final two games of the series are in KC..

Usually the team who has game 5 at home also has game 7, I just assumed that was the case. I haven't been watching much baseball since Americas team got knocked out.

Steve 'StatMan'
10-23-2015, 05:28 PM
Usually the team who has game 5 at home also has game 7, I just assumed that was the case. I haven't been watching much baseball since Americas team got knocked out.

Basketball and Hockey are 2-2-1-1-1, but NLCS & WS in Baseball have been 2-3-2 as long as I can remember. Althought the first round, division winners and wild card finalist has been 2-2-1.

cj
10-23-2015, 05:38 PM

NBA and NHL, not MLB.

cj
10-23-2015, 10:55 PM
Yost is an idiot.

Stillriledup
10-23-2015, 10:56 PM
Ned Yost

I could have done that myself. OR maybe I wouldn't have thrown a meatball to Bautista.

OR maybe Wade Davis would have been in the game like the announcers were first guessing before the fateful pitch.

cj
10-23-2015, 11:00 PM
Ned Yost

I could have done that myself. OR maybe I wouldn't have thrown a meatball to Bautista.

OR maybe Wade Davis would have been in the game like the announcers were first guessing before the fateful pitch.

Ned Yost may be the only person in the world that wasn't thinking Davis should be in the game.

Stillriledup
10-23-2015, 11:02 PM
Ned Yost may be the only person in the world that wasn't thinking Davis should be in the game.

Grady little agreed w Ned. :D

cj
10-24-2015, 12:06 AM
Lorenzo Cain is so good.

PhantomOnTour
10-24-2015, 12:14 AM
Lorenzo Cain is so good.
Yes!!!
The Royals are basically the reason I began watching baseball again, and Lorenzo Cain is the main reason behind the reason.
He is the very rare instance of my favorite player not being on my favorite team.
I love to watch him play.

NJ Stinks
10-24-2015, 12:17 AM
So stinking home plate umpire gets MVP. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

Stillriledup
10-24-2015, 12:48 AM
So stinking home plate umpire gets MVP. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

He does?

NJ Stinks
10-24-2015, 12:58 AM
Two blown pitches in the 9th. First to Navarro and then to Revere.

Great series ruined by gifts from the ump.

And no, I didn't bet a dime.

Stillriledup
10-24-2015, 01:43 AM
Two blown pitches in the 9th. First to Navarro and then to Revere.

Great series ruined by gifts from the ump.

And no, I didn't bet a dime.

but the umps weren't the ones who were down 3-1 in the series, I think if you have any designs on winning and you're the better club, why put yourself in a position to possibly lose on a borderline strike call?

It's kind of like a guy driving on the road about one inch from the bumper of the car in front of him and then complaining about getting into a fender bender.

BettinBilly
10-25-2015, 07:23 PM
I know this subject was beat to death, and I'm very late to this thread.

I am more of a KC Fan, but I wanted the Jays to win for the sake of rooting for the Underdog. I felt the same way with Mets VS Cubs, were I was pulling for the Cubs. My dream WS would have been Cubs and Jays. Instead I got the opposite, but as a serious Baseball Fan, I have no complaints. It will be a good series.

I'm on a BlackBerry Messenger Chat Group for MLB. Many of the guys on this are Canadian since Berry still has a strong foothold in Canada as a Canadian company. These guys were obviously pulling for Toronto and they were going insane with the guy reaching over the stand bar to catch the fly ball and when the Umps called those final two strikes. I can't say I blame them, but what was called was called, but IMO it scarred an incredible series. I'd love to have the series gone to game 7. That would have been incredible, and I think it should have gone to a game 7. Oh well. It's done.

I was in Vegas during much of the NLCS and thought the sweep brought us a rather dull series in comparison to the ALCS series that I thought was truly fantastic. Yes, I lost a bit of money on the NLCS.

The World Series is upon us. Looking forward to it. Then it's on to Hockey.
I joke with the guys on BlackBerry Messenger. I am an American but I tell them that I like the Jays, I love Hockey, and I own a BlackBerry. I should have been born in Canada. ;)