PDA

View Full Version : This just sucks

Cholly
10-21-2015, 06:42 PM
If you're a fan of NY state bred racing (and I am), the biggest race of the year is the The Empire Classic. So it seems a travesty that the race gets buried in the middle of the card. Just because there might be a single that would make the Pick 6 easier is no excuse to dis one of your biggest races of the year.

C'mon NYRA, pull your head out of your ass. If you want your state-bred racing to seem dramatic, and you have a dramatic race that ends your year...then embrace it & showcase it--don't kick it to the curb!

cj
10-21-2015, 06:44 PM
If you're a fan of NY state bred racing (and I am), the biggest race of the year is the The Empire Classic. So it seems a travesty that the race gets buried in the middle of the card. Just because there might be a single that would make the Pick 6 easier is no excuse to dis one of your biggest races of the year.

C'mon NYRA, pull your head out of your ass. If you want your state-bred racing to seem dramatic, and you have a dramatic race that ends your year...then embrace it & showcase it--don't kick it to the curb!

NYRA has been moving plenty of stakes to early in the card. The Futurity on Saturday was 3rd or 4th race, forget which. I can't blame them much for trying to make more money with strategic race placings.

That said, the Classic looks pretty competitive and the field is average size.

EMD4ME
10-21-2015, 06:46 PM
I agree, there's something appetizing about having a $2 Pick 5 but tracks don't see it that way. They want no singles in the pick 6, hence the strategy to place the "single" possibility elsewhere.

I understand the track's motivation as well.

But if it is your "classic", it should be the next to last race on the card or last.

Tom
10-21-2015, 07:12 PM
I watch very few NYRA races, but when a good stake comes along, I got to watch it around 4:00 and find out it was the third race. :mad:

Now I watch even less NYRA races.

v j stauffer
10-21-2015, 11:05 PM

Every track does this. Better for the track. MUCH better for the players.

Cholly
10-22-2015, 12:03 AM
Every track does this. Better for the track. MUCH better for the players.

don't agree this is any better for the players, but that's another argument.

This isn't just a 2nd level allowance being shit upon. The Empire Handicap has for years been the pinnacle of the New York breeding program. With all the slot cash, times are pretty good now--but they haven't always been that way for the breeders & owners who have supported NY racing through thick & thin. The race that has represented their chance to claim "best in NY-bred racing" deserves better than being shoved to the middle of the card.

Money is not everything--drama matters.

PaceAdvantage
10-22-2015, 10:18 AM
Some people just have to find something to complain about I guess.

Full fields and bettable races aren't enough...now we have to complain about where races are placed within a card...

Really?

Tom
10-22-2015, 10:19 AM
Really.

PaceAdvantage
10-22-2015, 10:28 AM
Let's just suck the life out of this game even more around here then...carry on

cj
10-22-2015, 10:44 AM

I still don't get the using the Empire Classic as an example. Which horse is the huge favorite that would turn the P6 into a P5? I sure don't see it. It is field of 9 good horses.

Robert Fischer
10-22-2015, 10:44 AM

:ThmbUp:

While it's not a big deal to me, I support your 'vent'.

Tom
10-22-2015, 10:58 AM

I will do my level best! :rolleyes:

Cholly
10-23-2015, 05:56 PM
Some people just have to find something to complain about I guess.

Full fields and bettable races aren't enough...now we have to complain about where races are placed within a card...

Really?

Sorry, Boss--I got off my meds for a day there and didn't something stupid just pop out? Still think they should show this race a bit more respect and card it accordingly...but considering a world with global warming, homelessness, war refugees, etc, this misstep hardly rates the rant I gave it.

Won't happen again, I promise.

NorCalGreg
10-23-2015, 06:20 PM
Sorry, Boss--I got off my meds for a day there and didn't something stupid just pop out? Still think they should show this race a bit more respect and card it accordingly...but considering a world with global warming, homelessness, war refugees, etc, this misstep hardly rates the rant I gave it.

Won't happen again, I promise.

Cholly, if people can rant about the silliest "microaggressions" your post barely qualifies as a rant, if at all. Furthermore....isn't everyone here on some type of meds?

Tall One
10-23-2015, 07:44 PM
Looking forward to the SB card tomorrow...always do. Large fields, good prices.. :ThmbUp:

aaron
10-23-2015, 07:44 PM
You have got to be kidding ! With all that is wrong with racing,this is what you make a big deal of. If you think this is a automatic single race,please let me know who the single is. You are great handicapper,if you have an automatic single in this race. I see the race as a tough nine horse field. The whole card looks pretty good to me.

iceknight
10-23-2015, 08:06 PM
You have got to be kidding ! With all that is wrong with racing,this is what you make a big deal of. If you think this is a automatic single race,please let me know who the single is. You are great handicapper,if you have an automatic single in this race. I see the race as a tough nine horse field. The whole card looks pretty good to me. This is a really a 4 horse race with 9 entries. 3-4-5-6 with 5 being the single. You can as many evil dime supers you want with 5 on top for 60 cents.

no breathalyzer
10-24-2015, 09:45 AM
What also sucks is that clown race they decided to start off the pick 6 with. Really :confused:

burnsy
10-25-2015, 08:21 AM
You have got to be kidding ! With all that is wrong with racing,this is what you make a big deal of. If you think this is a automatic single race,please let me know who the single is. You are great handicapper,if you have an automatic single in this race. I see the race as a tough nine horse field. The whole card looks pretty good to me.

I thought so too. Its usually a fun day. Had my worst day in a while though. I hit a pick 3 and it paid 9 bucks. That racing was not so great yesterday. Competition was thin. Tough going for Burnsy.

iceknight
10-26-2015, 12:42 AM
This is a really a 4 horse race with 9 entries. 3-4-5-6 with 5 being the single. You can as many evil dime supers you want with 5 on top for 60 cents.Well, glad I had hot skillet ready - made an omelet with that egg (on the face)

burnsy
10-26-2015, 07:15 AM
Well, glad I had hot skillet ready - made an omelet with that egg (on the face)

That's OK, the way I played the pick 4, I had the :5: too, no biggie, it was paying all of 49 dollars.......