PDA

View Full Version : Meadowlands to run mixed cards next Sept.

bigeastbeast
10-21-2015, 10:13 AM
On three Fridays next September,on the same card,the Meadowlands will run thoroughbreds on the grass and harness on the main track.Does anyone know if this is a racing first?

EMD4ME
10-21-2015, 11:07 AM
On three Fridays next September,on the same card,the Meadowlands will run thoroughbreds on the grass and harness on the main track.Does anyone know if this is a racing first?

Innovative. They should also do what Canterbury did and make it a 20 horse field. Harness vs. Thoroughbreds.

Create a guaranteed super high 5 for .10

Like new and innovative wagers/ideas.

Sea Biscuit
10-21-2015, 11:57 AM
Woodbine has been doing this for years.

T-breds during the day and harness by night.

grant miller
10-21-2015, 12:33 PM
they are apperently going to run them on the same racing card---what does this mean in regards to pick 3 & pick 4 wagers ?

EMD4ME
10-21-2015, 12:34 PM
Woodbine has been doing this for years.

T-breds during the day and harness by night.

I think what the OP was saying is that they will run both cards at the same time.

Race 1 Harness

Race 2 Turf route for thoroughbreds

Race 3 Turf sprint for thoroughbreds

Race 4 Harness

Etc. etc. etc.

Longshot6977
10-21-2015, 12:40 PM
they are apperently going to run them on the same racing card---what does this mean in regards to pick 3 & pick 4 wagers ?

It means you're gonna have to study hard or get lucky. Hopefully, you are good with both harness and T-breds.
I think it's a good idea, just wish we didn't have to wait 1 year.

LottaKash
10-21-2015, 01:12 PM

Well I would say, if you like a mix of breeds in a sequential wager, than you had better bone up on the other breed, go for it, and hope for the best...

Personally, I will not bite one bit on this format.... Not interested in the least..For me, it's one or the other....Sure I like both, but not on the same plate...

Hybrid-Racecards, are we that far gone, and that desperate ? (yes, haha)

Ray2000
10-21-2015, 02:12 PM
blended cards ...what will they try next :confused: :p

http://www.thebigm.com/news.aspx?id=13421

chenoa
10-22-2015, 08:52 PM
Better bring a ouija board to the track that night. :lol: :lol: :lol:

MonmouthParkJoe
10-23-2015, 12:39 AM
Grew up at this place! Saw a lot of changes over the years.

I don't blame them for trying something new. For years they would shut down after the hambo. I never understood this with the new building and uncovered grandstand portion and open air lounge. You are missing two good months weather wise in August and September, so im glad they are doing this.

The fact they are only running two days a week is sad. However, carding both could prove interesting. Couple years back they did Tbreds then harness on the same day and I enjoyed it, nice change of pace. Worth trying. The problem is a lot of tracks don't want to try something new for fear of failing. At least they are trying.