PDA

View Full Version : Beholder misses training

Kash$
10-20-2015, 09:07 AM
Beholder Misses Training Due to Fever (http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/95258/beholder-misses-training-due-to-fever?source=rss)

Grits
10-20-2015, 09:09 AM
Hall of Fame trainer Richard Mandella said the 5-year-old daughter of Henny Hughes had a temperature of 101.3, while "her normal is 100.3."

Elevated only 1 degree. Hopefully, she'll be fine. Get the blood draw, first, that will indicate her white count.

Bigadam119
10-20-2015, 03:00 PM
She does not travel well.

Psychotic Parakeet
10-20-2015, 03:51 PM
Unfortunately, she is described as "mentally fragile." She has to be walked a certain way, has to train at a certain time, eat at a certain time, come out for an afternoon stroll at a certain time... she is very much a creature of habit or she gets super bent out-of-shape. She doesn't even travel well between racetracks out here in California. That is why they are giving her so much time to settle in so she doesn't go into a meltdown.

cbp
10-20-2015, 04:04 PM
Wonder if John Nerud would've broken her of those habits

VeryOldMan
10-20-2015, 05:29 PM
Beholder has been a great mare. Truly great - look at her body of work.

If she isn't healthy, I'd rather not see her run in the Classic.

Zenyatta did herself proud in her final race and close defeat. But I am perhaps scarred by having watched (at the time) the Ruffian/Foolish Pleasure match race.

ronsmac
10-20-2015, 05:41 PM
I don't like her chances, so I hope she runs. If she's not 100% that's even better.

Grits
10-20-2015, 06:05 PM
Unfortunately, she is described as "mentally fragile." She has to be walked a certain way, has to train at a certain time, eat at a certain time, come out for an afternoon stroll at a certain time... she is very much a creature of habit or she gets super bent out-of-shape. She doesn't even travel well between racetracks out here in California. That is why they are giving her so much time to settle in so she doesn't go into a meltdown.

A dominating, 5 year old champion mare with 10 or 11 Grade 1, Grade 2 wins and you're calling her mentally fragile. Wow. Seriously. Can't make this stuff up. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/95264/breeders-cup-not-ruled-out-for-beholder

EMD4ME
10-20-2015, 06:10 PM
I don't like her chances, so I hope she runs. If she's not 100% that's even better.

I hope she runs AND is 100% herself. If she loses, I want whoever wins to win fair and square. If she wins, good for her.

If she is not 100%, AP might get a 2015 Belmont Stakes boat race lead and win again. As you might know, I'm sick of AP and his over hyped ability and a 'not 100% presser' is not what I hope for.

Just like in true sportsmanship, I want all participants at 100% and let the best horse win.

Grits
10-20-2015, 06:46 PM
Just like in true sportsmanship, I want all participants at 100% and let the best horse win.

I think this is the hope of us all, EMD. ;) But, I do hope this 1 degree temp elevation...is a short lived thing for Beholder. I want them all healthy.

EMD4ME
10-20-2015, 06:48 PM
I think this is the hope of us all, EMD. ;) But, I do hope this 1 degree temp elevation...is a short lived thing for Beholder. I want them all healthy.

ME TOO :) 1) For her health and 2) This BCC can't afford yet another defection. I'm still fuming over Liam's Map running in the BC Mile. That is a joke.

dilanesp
10-20-2015, 07:40 PM

You know, I get that there's money to be made (I cashed a ticket on Bayakoa in the 1990 Distaff after watching Go For Wand die in front of me), but I still recoil from a comment like this. I'd rather every single horse who runs be 100 percent and come back safe and sound even if I lost every bet.

Donttellmeshowme
10-20-2015, 07:51 PM
Every race in Cali except one at Belmont and Churchill. Little fever, doesnt like to travel, very quirky, will be overbet. Im looking elsewhere.

nijinski
10-20-2015, 08:09 PM
It's minor they say and she tried to attack the ultrasound tech . She's likely Her tough self hopefully.

tanner12oz
10-20-2015, 08:15 PM
Every race in Cali except one at Belmont and Churchill. Little fever, doesnt like to travel, very quirky, will be overbet. Im looking elsewhere.

rather small sample and seems to make some legit excuses

nijinski
10-20-2015, 08:22 PM
I hope she runs AND is 100% herself. If she loses, I want whoever wins to win fair and square. If she wins, good for her.

If she is not 100%, AP might get a 2015 Belmont Stakes boat race lead and win again. As you might know, I'm sick of AP and his over hyped ability and a 'not 100% presser' is not what I hope for.

Who's hyping him now ? I'm hearing more about the tough older mare he's facing and if the Belmont we're such a piece of cake there would be more TC winners . We know your're sick of AP and have zero respect for the horse since having been wrong . But can't you let him have that 3 yo Crown .

ronsmac
10-20-2015, 08:32 PM

Just like in true sportsmanship, I want all participants at 100% and let the best horse win. If they run her and she's not 100% that's on the connections. Unfortunately horses can't speak English and tell the trainer if they're feeling a little off. Many of them won't be100% next weekend. You shouldn't let someone elses opinion about a horse get you too worked up. The stress isn't worth it.

ronsmac
10-20-2015, 08:36 PM
You know, I get that there's money to be made (I cashed a ticket on Bayakoa in the 1990 Distaff after watching Go For Wand die in front of me), but I still recoil from a comment like this. I'd rather every single horse who runs be 100 percent and come back safe and sound even if I lost every bet.They run claimers every day where half the field isn't 100%. If we really cared, there probably wouldn't even be horse racing. Hundreds die on the track every year.

EMD4ME
10-20-2015, 08:51 PM
Who's hyping him now ? I'm hearing more about the tough older mare he's facing and if the Belmont we're such a piece of cake there would be more TC winners . We know your're sick of AP and have zero respect for the horse since having been wrong . But can't you let him have that 3 yo Crown .

He can have his 3 YO Crown. In my eyes it's similar to when the hometown favorite is given the strap in WWE (not the best wrestler but the wrestler who is best for business at the current moment).

The only way I can validate that my overall opinion of him is true (to the masses) is continued losses (in this case loss as he is running away to retirement). I was right, obviously, in the Travers (my questioning of him all year) and I am extremely confident he will not run a championship winning race in the Classic DESPITE him being the lone speed.

That was the most satisfying stretch drive I have seen in my life (better than races where my top selection shocked the crowd). Frosted staying with him for more than a half mile (while AP was in an all out drive) and Keen Ice running past him was SO SWEET.

Can't wait for Deja Vu.

EMD4ME
10-20-2015, 08:52 PM

To answer your question and comment, A ton of people love AP & if Smarty Jones was left with the same trip and jocks treated Smarty Jones like they did AP (Like Espinoza had Ebola), Smarty Jones would have won by about 6 or 7 lengths.

horses4courses
10-20-2015, 09:51 PM
Can't wait for Deja Vu.

Go easy on your fingernails. :rolleyes:

In the meantime, the rest of us already have deja vu.
Your posts on the subject of AP.

I'm not saying anything about his chances in the Classic.
Tending to think "not", but I haven't a strong opinion.

What I do have is an aversion to your opinion on the horse.
Believe me, we all got the message a long time ago.

Already have something to root for in the big race. :jump:

EMD4ME
10-20-2015, 10:02 PM
Go easy on your fingernails. :rolleyes:

In the meantime, the rest of us already have deja vu.
Your posts on the subject of AP.

I'm not saying anything about his chances in the Classic.
Tending to think "not", but I haven't a strong opinion.

What I do have is an aversion to your opinion on the horse.
Believe me, we all got the message a long time ago.

Already have something to root for in the big race. :jump:

Fine, I'll simmer down in the interest of serenity here :)

whodoyoulike
10-20-2015, 10:30 PM
He can have his 3 YO Crown. In my eyes it's similar to when the hometown favorite is given the strap in WWE (not the best wrestler but the wrestler who is best for business at the current moment).

The only way I can validate that my overall opinion of him is true (to the masses) is continued losses (in this case loss as he is running away to retirement). I was right, obviously, in the Travers (my questioning of him all year) and I am extremely confident he will not run a championship winning race in the Classic DESPITE him being the lone speed.

That was the most satisfying stretch drive I have seen in my life (better than races where my top selection shocked the crowd). Frosted staying with him for more than a half mile (while AP was in an all out drive) and Keen Ice running past him was SO SWEET.

Can't wait for Deja Vu.

Are you referring to the Travers because I remember seeing a two horse duel to the top of the stretch?

Didn't the second 1/2 mile go faster than the first 1/2 mile of 48.30?

That probably had something to do with his fading in the stretch but, I give AP extra credit for his effort retaking the lead after being passed by Frosted then chasing Keen Ice who wasn't involved in the fast pace to the top of the stretch.

EMD4ME
10-20-2015, 10:43 PM
Are you referring to the Travers because I remember seeing a two horse duel to the top of the stretch?

Didn't the second 1/2 mile go faster than the first 1/2 mile of 48.30?

That probably had something to do with his fading in the stretch but, I give AP extra credit for his effort retaking the lead after being passed by Frosted then chasing Keen Ice who wasn't involved in the fast pace to the top of the stretch.

I never said it was a 1 horse duel.

That first half mile was a stress free joke for AP, so I am not impressed by his 3rd/4th quarter duel. Yes, he was headed in the 2nd half, SEE THE OTHER MILLION OTHER POSTS here on PA about this topic about the second half.

Keen Ice RAN THE FASTER (3rd and 4th quarter) and then came home less slower than AP in the 5th quarter to win.

Last I checked, 46.71 is FASTER than 46.80...so please don't tell me Keen Ice sucked up off of a fast duel ahead of him.

Keen Ice ran just as fast, actually .09 faster on what I believe was not the place to be (off the rail) AND then outslowed AP in the 5th quarter.

P.S. I loved how you gave Thaskalos crickets when he called you out on your RIDICULOUS comment about me while I left this site. Next time you make a stupid comment, please answer when called upon.

taxicab
10-20-2015, 11:23 PM

Can't wait for Deja Vu.

Wow...
Your nonstop ignorance and disrespect towards AP is beyond comprehension.
In a results oriented game to constantly put down a horse that is 8 for 10 lifetime with 7 Gr.1 victories at 7 different tracks at 7 different distances is pure insanity and/or stupidity.
And oh yeah.......let's not forget AP was the first Triple Crown winner since Affirmed.
Beyond clueless.

EMD4ME
10-20-2015, 11:41 PM
Wow...
Your nonstop ignorance and disrespect towards AP is beyond comprehension.
In a results oriented game to constantly put down a horse that is 8 for 10 lifetime with 7 Gr.1 victories at 7 different tracks at 7 different distances is pure insanity and/or stupidity.
And oh yeah.......let's not forget AP was the first Triple Crown winner since Affirmed.
Beyond clueless.

I never knew you could talk to yourself on here Cabbie :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah AP was better than Smarty Jones because AP won 3 designated races and Smarty didn't, yeah o.k.

Those were 3 of the worst TC races I have seen in my lifetime with extenuating circumstances in all 3 which make it a CHEAP or at least questionable TC. I'll gladly continue this in another thread but not here...

Anyways, this thread is about Beholder's workout, so my apologies to all who expect any more replies and don't get them from me in this thread going forward. My apologies for allowing this to go off topic. I feel terrible that I let some remarks induce me into replying and going off topic.

maclr11
10-21-2015, 12:19 AM
I will say this Mandella is one of the absolute best in the games in terms of only running his horses when they are 100%. If this filly isn't ready to run the race of her life she won't be in the starting gate. His horses take time off all the time and he does preventive things. Look at a horse like The Tin Man who he held together with all his injuries. He even stopped on a nice older horse in Catch a Flight this year because of a microscopic injury that 90% of the world would have ran him on.

He knows this filly so well and if he has everything right and she's in the starting gate you know he didn't ship just to show up and he didn't run just to run.

If she goes out and trains tomorrow then it's not a big deal at all, horses spike a temp shipping a fair amount of the time you just never hear about it.

The next day or two will really tell the tale, if she goes and jogs tomorrow it'll be a total green light for the big mare.

taxicab
10-21-2015, 12:51 AM
I never knew you could talk to yourself on here Cabbie :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah AP was better than Smarty Jones because AP won 3 designated races and Smarty didn't, yeah o.k.

Those were 3 of the worst TC races I have seen in my lifetime with extenuating circumstances in all 3 which make it a CHEAP or at least questionable TC. I'll gladly continue this in another thread but not here...

Anyways, this thread is about Beholder's workout, so my apologies to all who expect any more replies and don't get them from me in this thread going forward. My apologies for allowing this to go off topic. I feel terrible that I let some remarks induce me into replying and going off topic.
So you're using the same type line on me that you used on others? :rolleyes:
Perhaps you could come up with something more original.... :eek:
Let me make this as clear as possible,so even you can understand it.
AP is a Superstar,he's an Icon.
His achievements on the race track have made him an all-time great.
He's already locked up HOY,and he's a unanimous first ballot Hall of Famer.
AP is better than Smarty Jones.
He's better than California Chrome/Shared Belief/Point Given.
He proved it on the track.
AP did things those horses couldn't.
Those are facts....
Quite frankly,perhaps the biggest endorsement for AP's overall greatness is the fact that somebody who is as wrong on all things horse racing as much as you are thinks he doesn't deserve all of the accolades he's earned on the track.
It bears repeating,you EMD4ME are clueless when it comes to analyzing horse racing...............And that's the bottom line,because everybody says so. :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

EMD4ME
10-21-2015, 07:52 AM
So you're using the same type line on me that you used on others? :rolleyes:
Perhaps you could come up with something more original.... :eek:
Let me make this as clear as possible,so even you can understand it.
AP is a Superstar,he's an Icon.
His achievements on the race track have made him an all-time great.
He's already locked up HOY,and he's a unanimous first ballot Hall of Famer.
AP is better than Smarty Jones.
He's better than California Chrome/Shared Belief/Point Given.
He proved it on the track.
AP did things those horses couldn't.
Those are facts....
Quite frankly,perhaps the biggest endorsement for AP's overall greatness is the fact that somebody who is as wrong on all things horse racing as much as you are thinks he doesn't deserve all of the accolades he's earned on the track.
It bears repeating,you EMD4ME are clueless when it comes to analyzing horse racing...............And that's the bottom line,because everybody says so. :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

Disclaimer: I am not a huge Beholder fan but this is needed to be proper in this thread.....

Background: 40,000 packed fans in the paddock at Keeneland. Standing room only. The crowd is loud and rambunctious.

Microphone is brought to Beholder's mouth....The crowd goes silence in anticipation of what she shall say.......

FIIIINAAAALLLLYYYY, the FILLY, HAS COME BACK TOOOOOO

Ken Tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck EEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Beholder stares at American Pharoah, stares up and down and shakes her head. She asks AP: "Overgrown has been, what is your name?"

AP: About to open his mouth and say his name when he is interuppted by Beholder to the roar of the Keeneland crowd

Beholder: IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!!!!!!!!

AP: Grows agitated and screams "I won the Kentucky Derby"

Beholder: If you were assigned to mate with me, Would I need to smack you 32 times with a cropper, to get you to barely do your job after being given the perfect position to get the job done?

AP: Visibly agitated, screams, I won the Preakness.

Beholder: That was some trick you and your trainer pulled off, lining up your entrymate in the 2nd post. Boy he was some competition, you know, as he was being dragged to the back of the pack.

AP: Kicking and stomping, is at a loss for words. But, but, but, but, I put away Mr. Z

Beholder: There's a reason he was given the last letter of the alphabet as his name and turns to the ROAR of the crowd to share in the laugh.

AP: I WON THE BELMONT DARN IT. I WON THE TRIPLE CROWN...

Beholder: Silly child, the only reason that strap is on your shoulder is because I was too busy prepping for the UUUUULTIMATE of showdowns, Breeders Cup Mania. Look at you screaming: I WON, I WON, Let's Party.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=godn_ujvzjw

While you were being left alone up top and were allowed to win for the good of the business (because I was unavailable to be there, as the PEOPLE'S Champion) I was watching on tape, realizing just how vulnerable you are AP.

Hush over the crowd........

AP: I'm the TC Champion!!!! I won on the Derby, Preakness and Belmont. I will win the Breeders Cup Classic!

FANS ARE ERUPTING CHEERS........

AP: Starts being smug thinking it's for him....

Beholder interrupts: You think they're chanting for you?

AP: YES

Beholder: KNOW YOUR ROLE AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!! THEY'RE NOT CHANTING FOR YOU JABRONI!!! They're chanting for the PEOPLE'S champion. Do you NOT listen to the all the

MILLIONS

AND

FANS SCREAM: MILLIONS

Beholder: Of Beholder's FAAAAANNSSS??????

Beholder is going to look you in the eye, crack you like a stale cracker and go right on by...........

IF YOU SMEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLL LLLLLLL

WHAT

BEHOLDER (As she raises her right eyebrow......stares into the camera)

IS

COOKING

Track Phantom
10-21-2015, 09:07 AM
Disclaimer: I am not a huge Beholder fan but this is needed to be proper in this thread.....

Background: 40,000 packed fans in the paddock at Keeneland. Standing room only. The crowd is loud and rambunctious.

Microphone is brought to Beholder's mouth....The crowd goes silence in anticipation of what she shall say.......

FIIIINAAAALLLLYYYY, the FILLY, HAS COME BACK TOOOOOO

Ken Tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck EEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Beholder stares at American Pharoah, stares up and down and shakes her head. She asks AP: "Overgrown has been, what is your name?"

AP: About to open his mouth and say his name when he is interuppted by Beholder to the roar of the Keeneland crowd

Beholder: IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!!!!!!!!

AP: Grows agitated and screams "I won the Kentucky Derby"

Beholder: If you were assigned to mate with me, Would I need to smack you 32 times with a cropper, to get you to barely do your job after being given the perfect position to get the job done?

AP: Visibly agitated, screams, I won the Preakness.

Beholder: That was some trick you and your trainer pulled off, lining up your entrymate in the 2nd post. Boy he was some competition, you know, as he was being dragged to the back of the pack.

AP: Kicking and stomping, is at a loss for words. But, but, but, but, I put away Mr. Z

Beholder: There's a reason he was given the last letter of the alphabet as his name and turns to the ROAR of the crowd to share in the laugh.

AP: I WON THE BELMONT DARN IT. I WON THE TRIPLE CROWN...

Beholder: Silly child, the only reason that strap is on your shoulder is because I was too busy prepping for the UUUUULTIMATE of showdowns, Breeders Cup Mania. Look at you screaming: I WON, I WON, Let's Party.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=godn_ujvzjw

While you were being left alone up top and were allowed to win for the good of the business (because I was unavailable to be there, as the PEOPLE'S Champion) I was watching on tape, realizing just how vulnerable you are AP.

Hush over the crowd........

AP: I'm the TC Champion!!!! I won on the Derby, Preakness and Belmont. I will win the Breeders Cup Classic!

FANS ARE ERUPTING CHEERS........

AP: Starts being smug thinking it's for him....

Beholder interrupts: You think they're chanting for you?

AP: YES

Beholder: KNOW YOUR ROLE AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!! THEY'RE NOT CHANTING FOR YOU JABRONI!!! They're chanting for the PEOPLE'S champion. Do you NOT listen to the all the

MILLIONS

AND

FANS SCREAM: MILLIONS

Beholder: Of Beholder's FAAAAANNSSS??????

Beholder is going to look you in the eye, crack you like a stale cracker and go right on by...........

IF YOU SMEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLL LLLLLLL

WHAT

BEHOLDER (As she raises her right eyebrow......stares into the camera)

IS

COOKING

Time+Abundance=Whatever this is :)

Just kidding...love your passion.

Tall One
10-21-2015, 09:14 AM
She does not travel well.

Mandella said this morning he believed her fever was caused by shipping stress.

burnsy
10-21-2015, 09:15 AM
The "Rock" is in the hotbox. He's trying to lose 160 lbs. so he can ship in for the mount.......... :jump:

RacingFan1992
10-21-2015, 09:19 AM
The dialogue about AP and Beholder talking, all I got to say is:

WOAH! (And they called me crazy!)

Besides Honor Code is gonna run down American Pharoah who was weakened by Beholder who fades back to third.

Champion Older Dirt Male (1st), Champion 3 Year Old Male (2nd), and Champion Older Dirt Female (3rd).

That is how I see it happening in the Classic.

ebcorde
10-21-2015, 10:18 AM
throw her out. I've never seen a horse win a big race after some sickness missing workouts news is released.

ebcorde
10-21-2015, 10:21 AM
The dialogue about AP and Beholder talking, all I got to say is:

WOAH! (And they called me crazy!)

Besides Honor Code is gonna run down American Pharoah who was weakened by Beholder who fades back to third.

Champion Older Dirt Male (1st), Champion 3 Year Old Male (2nd), and Champion Older Dirt Female (3rd).

That is how I see it happening in the Classic.

Or Honor Code runs like Treve and Tonalist chugs by everyone.?????????

The key is Baffert speak. If Baffert feels good AP is an excellent bet. Baffert shippers are serious threats

castaway01
10-21-2015, 10:30 AM
Or Honor Code runs like Treve and Tonalist chugs by everyone.?????????

The key is Baffert speak. If Baffert feels good AP is an excellent bet. Baffert shippers are serious threats

It's the Breeders Cup. Every horse not stabled at Keeneland is a shipper.

OntheRail
10-21-2015, 10:51 AM
throw her out. I've never seen a horse win a big race after some sickness missing workouts news is released.
She's not ill or missed a work... your going to just toss her out.

She got the class to win it... I'll have her in my tickets. Just hope she draws a good post. Going to be a hellva race. ;)

EMD4ME
10-21-2015, 10:59 AM
The "Rock" is in the hotbox. He's trying to lose 160 lbs. so he can ship in for the mount.......... :jump:

:jump: :jump: :jump: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope so! Would pay PPV prices to see that!

Appy
10-21-2015, 03:18 PM
I'd give Beholder a bigger plus for shipping early than I would a minus for a very slight fever and skipping a gallop.
The thing that worries me most about her is sharing a "horse for course" type affliction with Tonalist.
I've been a big Keen Ice fan from the gitgo, but can't see him getting the same perfect setup twice in a row and haven't seen anything to make me think he can reinvent his running style to adapt.
If AP was carrying a different suitcase, Rosario for example, I'd say just give him the ribbon. As is I'll try to find a way to beat him or camp in another park. Again.

PaceAdvantage
10-21-2015, 03:37 PM
EMD is likely going to be disappointed. I predict a big race from AP in the BCC.

There isn't one horse out there that should scare anyone...including AP...so it's entirely possible he pulls another romp...

Him losing the Travers was not only good for AP personally, it was good for his team of handlers. It humbles them and makes them want this in the worst possible way.

Maybe I'm kidding myself...and I will probably bet against him no matter what, but I think he's sitting on a lifetime best.

Tom
10-21-2015, 03:54 PM
AP still has not made big move figure-wise, or at least Beyer-wise.
I think he is ready to lay down a Ghostzapper number in the Classic.

AP and HC is all I see.

But if Beholder is taking the lead on the turn, I am rooting for her.

ronsmac
10-21-2015, 04:08 PM

She got the class to win it... I'll have her in my tickets. Just hope she draws a good post. Going to be a hellva race. ;)I was tossing her out of the exacta before the fever. I'd be very surprised if she was better than 3rd and wouldn't be surprised to see her run 4th or 5th

burnsy
10-21-2015, 05:35 PM
EMD is likely going to be disappointed. I predict a big race from AP in the BCC.

There isn't one horse out there that should scare anyone...including AP...so it's entirely possible he pulls another romp...

Him losing the Travers was not only good for AP personally, it was good for his team of handlers. It humbles them and makes them want this in the worst possible way.

Maybe I'm kidding myself...and I will probably bet against him no matter what, but I think he's sitting on a lifetime best.

Got to agree with PA on this one, with the news about her shipping, its a cause for concern, fever, no fever, whatever, its really in no way a positive no matter how its spun. There's no questioning Shug but I sort of hesitate on Honor Code stretching out. Will he pack the same punch? Dare I say, not only AP but the 3 yo's may be worth a long look this year again?

I'll go one step further than AP and say Keen Ice or Frosted could also be sitting on a big race in this spot, especially if Beholder hits a bump in the road. There may even be some value going this route. Very interesting.

ebcorde
10-21-2015, 06:05 PM

She got the class to win it... I'll have her in my tickets. Just hope she draws a good post. Going to be a hellva race. ;)

for me flu cold, missed workouts before a big race. I'M OUT, Last time I hung there was the Preakness Horse that died in 2006. I sat there while my buddies jumped up and canceled their tickets. I recall a Breeder's cup a few years ago the Turf course was too sloppy for a workout, the Euros were ticked off they could not run their Horses , guess what? they all lost.

and every horse that has a mild injury reported I don't think I've ever seen win the big race. And Mandella is afraid to ship her. 4th at Belmont last year then consecutive wins in Cali

but there is one thing. He won 4 Breeder's cup races in 1 day. And he's managed to lighten the load which tells me he's been pointing for the Breeder's. Weather , surface will say a lot. what if it rains? nasty fall weather in Kentucky,

I've been leaning to AP in the Breeders since Monmouth. Have been with AP since the Rebel not quitting now. And I did the same with Bayern Baffert's best Horses always do well

EMD4ME
10-21-2015, 06:33 PM
Wait wait wait wait wait a second everyone.....

Please don't confuse my WWE/horse racing joke as me selecting Beholder to win the BCC.

I was replying to TaxiCab who used a Stone Cold Steve Austin "line" on me in his closing (as he was blasting me, calling me clueless, stupid and blah blah blah).

In sticking with the THREAD, I replied with a Beholder VS. AP joke.

I am NOT in love with Beholder.

I at this point simply want 2 things.

1) I like Tonalist to win and will lean heavily on him. My 2 covers in the race (for picks and what not are Beholder and Keen Ice).

2) I want AP to not win.

That's where I stand.

Continue on please.....I just don't want anyone to say I told you Beholder will lose after she more than likely loses on BC Saturday.

Lastly, if they line AP 1st and Beholder 2nd, I do think Beholder wins that pace battle but....I do think Tonalist beats them both.

EMD4ME
10-21-2015, 06:40 PM

He should run a big race. He is lone speed after Liam's Map ran away (for reasons I refuse to discuss). AP should win this race. He should be the favorite.

Anything less than a win, is PURE failure. All year people have said he will prove just how great he is VS. older. He ducked the older horses in Aug and Sep and made it a 1 race takes all (in terms of his legacy) in October.

If Liam's Map were in the race, I would bet my 401k that AP loses.

Now with Liam out, I admit, he is the favorite to wire the field.

I just hope it's an honestly run race (not inferring stiffs. I mean I hope it's not a joke like the Belmont where they stared at the leader for a mile).

I am EXTREMELY confident that if it's not a boat race, where they stare at him till the 3/8, he will not win.

When tested this horse is no champion. See Derby, See Travers.

whodoyoulike
10-21-2015, 06:41 PM
P.S. I loved how you gave Thaskalos crickets when he called you out on your RIDICULOUS comment about me while I left this site. Next time you make a stupid comment, please answer when called upon.

I don't understand why certain types always attempt to make things personal.

But, if you had been more observant as I recall someone else responded with my same sentiments and replied a lot more eloquently than I could have. Just because Thaskalos didn't understand your post doesn't make you correct.

The more you post, more and more questions are raised which I have about them.

EMD4ME
10-21-2015, 06:44 PM
I don't understand why certain types always attempt to make things personal.

But, if you had been more observant as I recall someone else responded with my same sentiments and replied a lot more eloquently than I could have. Just because Thaskalos didn't understand your post doesn't make you correct.

If you look at my history of posting, I am the bullseye. I attack no one, EVER.

When I left PA, you took a shot at me in the thread I created "What can we do to promote our dying game".

Thaskalos stood up and asked you point blank what you meant.

Nothing but crickets from you.

Thaskalos understood my posts. He was calling you out on your comment about what I said sir.

Again, I don't respect that. If you say something, stand by it, rescind it or discuss it. Don't ignore it, that's weak.

whodoyoulike
10-21-2015, 08:32 PM
If you look at my history of posting, I am the bullseye. I attack no one, EVER.

When I left PA, you took a shot at me in the thread I created "What can we do to promote our dying game".

Thaskalos stood up and asked you point blank what you meant.

Nothing but crickets from you.

Thaskalos understood my posts. He was calling you out on your comment about what I said sir.

Again, I don't respect that. If you say something, stand by it, rescind it or discuss it. Don't ignore it, that's weak.

... P.S. I loved how you gave Thaskalos crickets when he called you out on your RIDICULOUS comment about me while I left this site. Next time you make a stupid comment, please answer when called upon.

... But, if you had been more observant as I recall someone else responded with my same sentiments and replied a lot more eloquently than I could have. Just because Thaskalos didn't understand your post doesn't make you correct.

You don't even understand your own posts or read what was posted by others. I'll repeat that someone else responded to Thaskalos' question.

This is just one recent example.

EMD4ME
10-21-2015, 08:44 PM
You don't even understand your own posts or read what was posted by others. I'll repeat that someone else responded to Thaskalos' question.

This is just one recent example.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125930&page=21&pp=15

Posts 309 and 310.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe I missed it. If I did, I will sincerely apologize sir.

So now, please tell me who responded to Thaskalos' question and caused you to be unable to reply to him calling you out?

Grits
10-22-2015, 11:48 AM
On the track this morning at dawn.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/95323/classic-contender-beholder-takes-to-track