10-20-2015, 01:53 AM
Good news travels fast!

From Toronto's Globe & Mail tonight:

FEDERAL ELECTION 2015

Trudeau wins majority, Harper steps down

JIM SHEPPARD AND MATT LUNDY
The Globe and Mail

Last updated Tuesday, Oct. 20, 2015 1:25AM EDT

The Liberals under Justin Trudeau have won a comfortable majority government after the longest and costliest federal election campaign in Canadian history.

Conservative Leader Stephen Harper then stepped down, ending almost 10 years in power.

Mr. Harper did not say that directly but John Walsh, president of the Conservative Party, released this statement late Monday: "I have spoken to Prime Minister Stephen Harper and he has instructed me to reach out to the newly-elected parliamentary caucus to appoint an interim leader and to the national council to implement the leadership selection process pursuant to the Conservative Party of Canada constitution."

Link: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/follow-live-with-the-globes-federal-election-coverage/article26875323/

Tom
10-20-2015, 07:37 AM
My condolences.

Clocker
10-20-2015, 12:55 PM
My condolences.

The centrepiece of Trudeau’s plan to dig Canada out of the mire consists of three consecutive years of deficit spending totalling up to $10 billion per year.
http://www.macleans.ca/politics/ottawa/trudeaus-economic-fix-was-easy-to-promise-but-hard-to-deliver/

Greyfox
10-20-2015, 12:59 PM
My condolences.

I agree.

He rode to power on his father's name.
Daddy was a Prime Minister.
Justin worked once as a drama teacher and that it is his real work history.
My condolences to Canada too.

reckless
10-20-2015, 01:10 PM
Once in power, Harper and his Conservative Party did the exact same thing as the US Republican Party did when they took power.

Both governed as Liberal (Democrat) lite and against the conservative base that brought them to power.

Both Party's ignored the immigration problem, the sovereignty problems caused by illegal immigration, the loss of good high paying manufacturing jobs and zero growth in the overall economy.

Harper, and the GOP leaders here, don't seem to know it but you can't win elections when you are opposed to and against the very same people that elected you.

When people have a choice between real Liberalism, or the lite version offered by Harper and our own GOP here, they choose the real deal and laugh at the lite-weights on Election Day.

Clocker
10-20-2015, 01:13 PM
I agree.

He rode to power on his father's name.
Daddy was a Prime Minister.
Justin worked once as a drama teacher and that it is his real work history.
My condolences to Canada too.

I believe his father was kind of like the JFK of Canada.

Justin's bio on Wiki shows his background as teaching and doing a lot of "advocacy" work for various causes. I think that is something like a community organizer.

Greyfox
10-20-2015, 01:33 PM
I believe his father was kind of like the JFK of Canada.

Justin's bio on Wiki shows his background as teaching and doing a lot of "advocacy" work for various causes. I think that is something like a community organizer.

His father had brains - and was a well-respected academic.
Justin inherited his intelligence (or lack of it) from a much younger mother Margaret who showed the Rolling Stones how to roll.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qIbBCswu9WM/TajYBfnd6ZI/AAAAAAAADcc/o7sSGm8DrCQ/s1600/margaret_trudeau_mick_jagger.jpg

classhandicapper
10-20-2015, 02:07 PM
"The centrepiece of Trudeau’s plan to dig Canada out of the mire consists of three consecutive years of deficit spending totalling up to $10 billion per year."

From the Keynesian playbook of Magic and Illusion.

Clocker
10-20-2015, 02:31 PM
From the Keynesian playbook of Magic and Illusion.

From the Neo-Keynesian playbook of Hope and Change. :rolleyes:

HuggingTheRail
10-21-2015, 12:44 AM
He's putting the first 10 billion to show on American Pharoah :lol:

woodtoo
10-21-2015, 09:23 AM
Oh Fuddle Duddle!!