PDA

View Full Version : Breeder's Cup - Distaff

PhantomOnTour
10-19-2015, 12:19 PM
First of all, thank you to Beholder for going in the Classic and leaving us with an OUTSTANDING race.
Ten runners in the pre-entries have won a Gr1 race, and about eight of them did it this year.

Initially, I am focusing on three gals for the top spot:
Got Lucky
Sheer Drama
Wedding Toast

You can make a case for probably 2-3 more to win this, but I will try to beat (most notably) Untapable and Stellar Wind.

The latter finally put herself in the "speed figure ballpark" with her last win, but it was a Gr3 and she faces older for the first time. The pace was average and she needs to prove it vs older ladies and chasing a faster pace.
Gonna pass on her.
The former is last year's champ - Untapable
She's another big campaign 3yr old who couldn't repeat that form as a 4yr old. She's been disappointing this year, and although her last race was her best of this campaign, she still got outfinished...as she has in her last three races, all at 1m1/8.
Her winning move at the 1/4 pole is no longer overwhelming her foes and I will use her in minor slots only.

Talented and tough field that features many E/P types...pace scenario is fascinating and I expect total war to break out into the far turn. Could be a jocks race as these gals are pretty evenly matched.

Your thoughts...???

Lemon Drop Husker
10-19-2015, 12:41 PM
Sheer Drama is rolling right now. She will be tough to leave off of any ticket.

Can Wedding Toast beat these on a track not named Belmont?

Frivolous can run big at big odds. I'll be interested in what she goes off at. Stellar Wind is one that I hope gets overlooked. She is the 3YO that may well be ready for these.

taxicab
10-21-2015, 01:36 AM
This race is loaded with top notch talent.
Just waiting on the draw.

depalma113
10-25-2015, 08:26 AM
Sheer Drama is rolling right now. She will be tough to leave off of any ticket.

Can Wedding Toast beat these on a track not named Belmont?

Frivolous can run big at big odds. I'll be interested in what she goes off at. Stellar Wind is one that I hope gets overlooked. She is the 3YO that may well be ready for these.

I wish Sheer Drama wasn't coming of a 62 day layoff.

My Sweet Addiction is a live longshot.

Grits
10-26-2015, 10:55 AM
The Breeders’ Cup Post-Position Draw reception will be held from 5:30-7:30 p.m., in the Maker’s Mark Bourbon Lounge, located at the top of the stretch near the Gate 2 entrance. The draws for the Distaff and Classic will begin at approximately 6:00 p.m. Tickets for the Post Position Draw are available at www.BreedersCup.com/draw (http://www.breederscup.com/draw). Tickets are free for the first 2,000 guests who complete ticket application.

The post position draw for the first 11 Breeders’ Cup races will be held earlier in the day at 1 p.m. in the Keeneland Sales Pavilion.

The eleven other races are drawn this morning. BC was up for making a few more bucks with a cocktail party open to 2,000 folks buying and sipping drinks/wine with Coach Cal drawing the Distaff and the Classic.

This is silly, it only prolongs final data availability.

Tom
10-26-2015, 11:50 AM
Who matters more, a bunch of alcoholics looking to get their pictures taken, or your customer base who finanaces the whole damn sport?

Uh, never mind......:bang:

PhantomOnTour
10-26-2015, 04:12 PM
The eleven other races are drawn this morning. BC was up for making a few more bucks with a cocktail party open to 2,000 folks buying and sipping drinks/wine with Coach Cal drawing the Distaff and the Classic.

This is silly, it only prolongs final data availability.
Agreed

menifee
10-26-2015, 05:10 PM
I think this race is wide wide open. Favorites are vulnerable. I think you have to spread in multi-race exotics.

tanner12oz
10-26-2015, 06:22 PM
Sheer drama #14

GatetoWire
10-27-2015, 12:10 PM
Untapable scratched this morning with a fever

Bigadam119
10-29-2015, 12:14 PM
#5 Calamity Kate is my pick. She's was right there against top computing last time out. Bombs away!!!

PhantomOnTour
10-30-2015, 12:25 PM
I am sticking with the :7: :12: on top but without much confidence.
Wedding Toast will be forced to rate as Yahilwa will be on the lead...only Calamity Kate can deny her the front.
This pace could get very hot and possibly destructive, which is why I must include Got Lucky, but she looked dog ass tired after the Spinster.

Yahilwa & Frivolous both galloped out pretty well while the winner looked "out on her feet" jogging back to the winner's circle.
I'm gonna step out a bit and build a ticket mainly around a bomb and try to get her in the $$$... :3: Salama :eek:
Lopresti hasn't had a good meet, but he doesn't just throw his runners around (sorry D Wayne) and hope. I will trust in him and play this gal to close well off an expected fast pace. He openly said that her last race was a prep for the Distaff.
I will spread far and wide and hope to catch a nice exotic payoff.
Small win bet and key Salama in Distaff/Classic Double with most of the Classic field.

Once again I will bet on Julien Leparoux...Lord help me!

Tom
10-30-2015, 05:32 PM
:12: Got Lucky

Hope I do.

ArlJim78
10-30-2015, 05:32 PM
I could really use a bomb here. :)
I've got an ALL on this race on two different live pick 4's.

Kash$
10-30-2015, 06:15 PM
No dq :confused:

nijinski
10-30-2015, 06:19 PM
Didn't someone say they thought Pletcher was a juicer , that's why he didn't win on big days because the testing is tougher LOL

rastajenk
10-30-2015, 06:30 PM
No dq :confused:
Would have been criminal if there was.

PaceAdvantage
10-31-2015, 12:11 PM
Didn't someone say they thought Pletcher was a juicer , that's why he didn't win on big days because the testing is tougher LOLTo be fair, this was BC Friday... :lol: