PDA

View Full Version : Ashley Broussard

no breathalyzer
10-16-2015, 11:49 PM
Don't know too much about her.. but i will say from what i seen might make a good jockey going forward. i impressed and the betters haven't caught on yet :ThmbUp:

proximity
10-17-2015, 12:21 AM
she rode at pen for part of 2014 and did real well.

I believe the legendary tonyk@hsh had her book??

she was definitely top 15 in wins with probably almost all of the jocks ahead of her having at least 100 more mounts.

lamboguy
10-17-2015, 05:36 AM
he did an unbelievable job with those 2 guys, Matt Garcia is now Baffert's go to rider while Rosario is close to the top of the heap.

another guy that is doing a bang up job is Bobby Klesaris with a past his prime Edgar Prado. everytime i look up Edgar is winning some $300,000 stake race somewhere. he's been doing it the last 3 years.

TonyK@HSH
10-18-2015, 11:33 AM
Don't know too much about her.. but i will say from what i seen might make a good jockey going forward. i impressed and the betters haven't caught on yet :ThmbUp:

Ashley is becoming a very good rider and she is one hell of a person as well. I may be a little biased cause my son and Ashley have given me a wonderful grandson, Bentley.

When Ashley contacted me to work for her in the spring of 2014 I could not say no. Her voice was dripping with desire and love for the game. She also came recommended by Rosie Napravnick, who mentored Ashley at Fair Grounds last season.

Ashley will be riding at Delta this winter, where she's won a race on each of the opening two nights of the meet. She has a bright future in her home state of Louisiana or wherever she chooses to ride.

I'm lucky and proud to count Ashley as a loved member of my family!

Tony K

olddaddy
10-18-2015, 11:43 AM
Is Ashley related to the former late jockey Ray Broussard? He was a favorite of mine growing up.

thespaah
10-18-2015, 01:14 PM
Ashley is becoming a very good rider and she is one hell of a person as well. I may be a little biased cause my son and Ashley have given me a wonderful grandson, Bentley.

When Ashley contacted me to work for her in the spring of 2014 I could not say no. Her voice was dripping with desire and love for the game. She also came recommended by Rosie Napravnick, who mentored Ashley at Fair Grounds last season.

Ashley will be riding at Delta this winter, where she's won a race on each of the opening two nights of the meet. She has a bright future in her home state of Louisiana or wherever she chooses to ride.

I'm lucky and proud to count Ashley as a loved member of my family!

Tony K
Well, good to see stories like this. I wish her success. And safe riding.

castaway01
10-18-2015, 01:44 PM
Is Ashley related to the former late jockey Ray Broussard? He was a favorite of mine growing up.

Her father was a jockey but it was Clarence Broussard. I don't believe Ray is related to Ashley.

TonyK@HSH
10-18-2015, 08:01 PM

good question- but not related to Ray, although her father did ride.