PDA

View Full Version : "Cinco" de Mario

Stillriledup
10-16-2015, 06:49 PM
Jock Mario Gutierrez wins FIVE at the great race place! :ThmbUp:

taxicab
10-16-2015, 11:28 PM
Mario G. has always had skills,he has the ability to move horses up when others can't.
He also does quite well under pressure.
Those are talents that can't be taught.

MONEY
10-16-2015, 11:55 PM
#6 Cinco de Mario, was not as lucky, he ran 2nd in the 9th race at Fresno today.

Stillriledup
10-16-2015, 11:56 PM
He's very 'quiet' on a horse with soft hands, he rode amazing today, rode the filly in the 4th perfectly, she was a bit of a runoff and he got her to relax and kick. His 5th win was thing of beauty keeping the favorite hemmed in entering the lane. Great stuff from Mario today.

chenoa
10-17-2015, 12:16 AM
Way to go Mario, a very good rider. :ThmbUp:

taxicab
10-17-2015, 12:21 AM
He's very 'quiet' on a horse with soft hands, he rode amazing today, rode the filly in the 4th perfectly, she was a bit of a runoff and he got her to relax and kick. His 5th win was thing of beauty keeping the favorite hemmed in entering the lane. Great stuff from Mario today.
Some have it,some don't.
Did you ever notice Kent D. when he's sober.......more natural talent than anybody.
What he's done to himself is such a waste.
Another jockey on that circuit who can move a horse up is Santiago Gonzalez.
There's many that have special talents:
Pat V. in his glory days.
Eddie D. was amazing.
Now a days Irad Ortiz has it,so does Rosario(but his heart isn't always in it).
If Tyler Baze is right in the head he's a superior jock talent wise.
But alot of them have demons.....

Stillriledup
10-17-2015, 01:43 AM
Some have it,some don't.
Did you ever notice Kent D. when he's sober.......more natural talent than anybody.
What he's done to himself is such a waste.
Another jockey on that circuit who can move a horse up is Santiago Gonzalez.
There's many that have special talents:
Pat V. in his glory days.
Eddie D. was amazing.
Now a days Irad Ortiz has it,so does Rosario(but his heart isn't always in it).
If Tyler Baze is right in the head he's a superior jock talent wise.
But alot of them have demons.....

No doubt, agree with all you said.

ManU918
10-17-2015, 08:39 AM
#6 Cinco de Mario, was not as lucky, he ran 2nd in the 9th race at Fresno today.

Didn't that horse run in Dubai during his three year old campaign in an attempt to qualify for the Derby? Was never good... I just remember that race thinking... What the hell...

JimmyQ
10-17-2015, 11:48 AM
I saw an interview with Mario on TVG after he won his 5th. Seems like he has been putting in a lot of hard work in the mornings to rebuild his career and it's great to see this paying off for him.

JimmyQ

CosmicWon
10-17-2015, 12:01 PM
Didn't that horse run in Dubai during his three year old campaign in an attempt to qualify for the Derby? Was never good... I just remember that race thinking... What the hell...
@ManU918 I think you're thinking of He's Had Enough, who was ridden by Mario. Tapit makes the world go 'round and even though his son He's Had Enough was pretty much useless as a racehorse, he made papa proud by somehow managing to land a stud deal down like in Louisiana.

Mario Gutierrez won the Derby on I'll Have Another but kind of went by the wayside it seemed after IHA retired. Glad to see he's gotten some mojo back, and heaven knows they could use more quality riders in SoCal.

In that same vein, where is Kevin Krigger these days?

Stillriledup
10-17-2015, 01:17 PM
@ManU918 I think you're thinking of He's Had Enough, who was ridden by Mario. Tapit makes the world go 'round and even though his son He's Had Enough was pretty much useless as a racehorse, he made papa proud by somehow managing to land a stud deal down like in Louisiana.

Mario Gutierrez won the Derby on I'll Have Another but kind of went by the wayside it seemed after IHA retired. Glad to see he's gotten some mojo back, and heaven knows they could use more quality riders in SoCal.

In that same vein, where is Kevin Krigger these days?

Don't you mean Kerwin John? :D

v j stauffer
10-17-2015, 01:26 PM
Don't you mean Kerwin John? :D

No he means Kevin Krigger who won the SA Derby on Goldencents for Doug O'Neill.

His business plummeted in the South. Went back to GGF and much to my surprise couldn't get any traction there either.

I saw him on a few at GP a few months ago. Don't know what he's been doing since.

Stillriledup
10-17-2015, 01:31 PM
No he means Kevin Krigger who won the SA Derby on Goldencents for Doug O'Neill.

His business plummeted in the South. Went back to GGF and much to my surprise couldn't get any traction there either.

I saw him on a few at GP a few months ago. Don't know what he's been doing since.

I was just poking fun at Scott Hazleton who told the audience the other day that it was Kerwin John who had won on Goldencents.

I thought the whole industry knew of Scott's gaffe. Welcome to the club :D