PDA

View Full Version : HM/TMM EmD 6/10/04

kingfin66
06-10-2004, 09:13 PM
I will be watching a little EmD this evening since TVG will show all the races in their entirety.

1) Pass, n2l - I hate these. If pressed, I like #1

2) I will try to beat the favorite with #5. The fav has the best ratings, but was in a contentious race last out. I like this as a vulnerable favorite angle. #5 is 2nd off a layoff and was chasing a pretty fast pace last time. 5 also has the second best numbers and the value, but maybe not quite the price I would like to see.

3) #4. This is a Heavy Pressure race. #4 has a good balance of VT odds to contention line odds, a good running style for the race, good numbers, and is 2nd off the layoff. There may not be great price.

4) A very evenly matched Pressured maiden sprint. I don't care to play pressured maiden races, preferring to rate off of PBS whenever possible in maiden races. That said, look for #1 to nail this field at low odds.

5) Pass. The cheapest claimer there is at EmD. The top choice is an S in style, but the race is neutral. Once you get past the top rated horse you run into close ratings and lots of question marks.

6) A cheap maiden claimer. I had #10, Double Diamond Norma, in her last race. She almost won. It was a contentious race and I look for her to regress a little. I will go with #5 instead. #5 has the second best PPF (using PPF in this race due to adjustment issues and the fact that many of the contenders have a P running style - I think PPF is a better fit even with the neutral pace scenario). Again, maybe not much price here, but a little bit of value.

7) A Heavy Pressure sprint. My selection, #3, is tied for the top PPF (although a lower PBS) with the likely favorite. He has a good style for the race (S), a good number, value and price. That's what I like.

8) n2l - pass

SAL
06-10-2004, 09:58 PM
hey kingfin, I like a couple here tonight also:

R3-#5 Paper Clip-Trainer goes to main go-to jock for this one. Which means the all out go here. Doesn't have to have the lead to run well

R4-#6 Hurricane Bally-Another key jock switch here. Gets an excellent early speed jock for today's try, a big improvement over the last jock.

R8-#8 Freedom March-Agree with you that this is a pressured race, but I like this one better. Has good closing fractions and has a superior rider.

kingfin66
06-10-2004, 11:18 PM
Lost a close one in race 3. In race 2, let's just say I didn't beat the favorite.

Race 6: It's looking like I may need to adjust my play a little bit. #5 is 2/1 in early wagering (11 mins to post). The #10, Double Diamond Norma is at 24/1. I expect that to come way down before the race starts. I am a little concerned that I don't fully understand why the odds are so high on her. Let's see: My top choice with PPF +4 is at 2/1, while the top PPF +5 is at over 20/1. Hmm, I'll take #10 to WP, but will wait a few more minutes just to be sure.