PDA

View Full Version : Biden Running?

ebcorde
10-14-2015, 02:35 PM
hey, I just saw my first Biden Commercial on CNN. I got the clear impression he's running. He had to approve it , they used his voice. It's going to be the "thriller in Philly".

magwell
10-14-2015, 02:40 PM
hey, I just saw my first Biden Commercial on CNN. I got the clear impression he's running. He had to approve it , they used his voice. It's going to be the "thriller in Philly".If Obama cant convince him to run after that joke of a debate last night nobody can........;)

FantasticDan
10-14-2015, 02:55 PM
If Obama cant convince him to run after that joke of a debate last night nobody can........;)
Meanwhile, back on planet Earth:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/15/us/politics/democratic-debate-hillary-clinton-joe-biden.html

classhandicapper
10-14-2015, 03:17 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/15/us/politics/democratic-debate-hillary-clinton-joe-biden.html

I watched the debate and I didn't think she even won.

The Clinton supporters were getting so worried about her death spiral that as long as she was competent and didn't melt down they are considering it a win for her. That's understandable, but she was not good.

I went into it thinking Sanders was going come off as bat shit crazy but came away from it thinking he's a very reasonable guy on almost everything except transferring more wealth to government.

He was good on foreign policy.

He was reasonable about guns.

He's 100% correct about Wall St.

He was reasonable on trade.

He's a decent and reasonable guy who wants all the right things. IMHO, he's just wrong on how to best create wealth and distribute it better.

Tom
10-14-2015, 03:38 PM
An old white guy right on things?????
Whoda thunk it?

Clocker
10-14-2015, 03:48 PM

But the NY Times says she won, so it must be true.:rolleyes:

I didn't watch, but most reports I see give it to Sanders, including the Washington Post:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/10/13/the-candidate-breaking-through-in-the-democratic-debate-bernie-sanders/

The Times story seems to be based mostly on talks with mainstream Dems. Most moderate and conservative sources I have seen say Sanders won. A Drudge poll, obviously not an unbiased sampling, shows over 50% give it to Sanders, less than 10% say Hillary won.
http://www.drudgereport.com/now.htm

PaceAdvantage
10-14-2015, 03:53 PM
It's easy to win when you're debating a bunch of tomato cans.

classhandicapper
10-14-2015, 04:10 PM
I thought Sanders won and kept wondering why Webb is a democrat. Webb reminded of the kind of guy that would have been comfortable as a democrat a few decades ago.

_______
10-14-2015, 04:18 PM
I thought Sanders won and kept wondering why Webb is a democrat. Webb reminded of the kind of guy that would have been comfortable as a democrat a few decades ago.

Webb is a Democrat because there isn't a powerful bloc of Democrats that call him a DINO and seek to demonize him for straying from their orthodoxy.

I think most Democrats understand there is a diversity of opinion in different regions of the country and are willing to accept as a caucus member someone who holds some opinions they disagree with.

Virginia Democrats and California Democrats aren't the same but can still be in the same room without fistfights erupting.

reckless
10-14-2015, 04:59 PM
Quick assessment of the Democratic field:

Hillary Clinton: Queen of corruption and chronic failure. Destroys everything she gets her hands on. My personal No. 1 hopeful to win the nomination. She's a dope and a loser and the easiest candidate for the GOP to defeat.

Bernie Sanders: Looks like a broken down old 60s hippy -- what a second, that's exactly what he is! My personal 2nd choice to be the Democrat nominee. Thank God for government work! If not, how would dopes like Bernie earn a living in the real world?

Marty O'Malley: Biggest wimp ever on the public stage since Jon Huntsman. Ruined City of Baltimore and because of his tenure as governor, Maryland in 2014 elected only their second GOP governor since Spiro Agnew.

Lincoln Chaffee: He should take advantage of that huge voting bloc of his -- those that support using the metric system. Actually, he is quite smart -- he was smart enough to be born the son of a long-time GOP governor and senator, Lincoln Chaffee Senior! Nepotism is a wonderful talent to possess among all those liberal, rich, old white losers.

Jim Webb: What a waste. He has even disappointed an eternal optimist such as myself. I guess he should go back to his real talent -- writing, of which he is relatively good at. He's probably the smartest of all the Democrats running for president, which explains his < 1 per cent polling.

So, what remains is subject of this thread, Joe Biden, aka lunch-pail Joe Biden, aka Uncle Joe Biden, but nationally known as a long time, mean. liberal, plagarist jack-off.

Only a creep would exploit the sad illness and death of his son, Beau, as Joe did recently. He leeked the story to the media that 'on his death bed', Beau told his dad that 'his country needed him'. A slug in the first order this guy Biden is. I hope he runs too, and I hope the Democrats start a campaign against Trump or Carson or Cruz saying these three are 'too stupid to be president.'

ebcorde
10-14-2015, 06:05 PM
How many people here like Hillary so I know what I'm up against. She's my girl. No worries she wont screw up e-mails again I assure you. she's learned that lesson. Seems to be 40-1. Like Taliban Central this site is Tea party HQ.

NJ Stinks
10-14-2015, 06:22 PM

I definitely thought Bernie won last night. In fact, I would send him some cash but I don't want a just elected 75 year old president.

As for Hillary, there is nothing that I like about her except that she is not quite a Republican.

horses4courses
10-14-2015, 06:44 PM
It's easy to win when you're debating a bunch of tomato cans.

Zenyatta shows up in the strangest places :eek:

elysiantraveller
10-14-2015, 08:05 PM
Webb is a Democrat because there isn't a powerful bloc of Democrats that call him a DINO and seek to demonize him for straying from their orthodoxy.

I think most Democrats understand there is a diversity of opinion in different regions of the country and are willing to accept as a caucus member someone who holds some opinions they disagree with.

Virginia Democrats and California Democrats aren't the same but can still be in the same room without fistfights erupting.

This.... :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

zico20
10-14-2015, 09:09 PM
I wish all the candidates would have told us how high they were going to raise the tax rates on the rich. I bet Sanders would like to see it around 90%. Afterall, he needs it that high to pay for all of his programs.

Tom
10-14-2015, 09:41 PM
What a pathetic bunch of CNN people - all those promises of free this and free that, and not one single follow up as to they were going to pay for any of it.
CNN is the bottom of the barrel and the democrats look UP to it.

CNN and DNC...one more worthless than the other.
No mention of terrorism, ISIS, traitor Obama funding terrorists, giving nukes to the Iranians.......but oh my GOD, we have stop global warming.

These are dangerously deranged people, but I fear more the idiots out there who support this crew of morons. They drive, they breed, they vote.....

zico20
10-14-2015, 10:09 PM
What a pathetic bunch of CNN people - all those promises of free this and free that, and not one single follow up as to they were going to pay for any of it.
CNN is the bottom of the barrel and the democrats look UP to it.

CNN and DNC...one more worthless than the other.
No mention of terrorism, ISIS, traitor Obama funding terrorists, giving nukes to the Iranians.......but oh my GOD, we have stop global warming.

These are dangerously deranged people, but I fear more the idiots out there who support this crew of morons. They drive, they breed, they vote.....

You think CNN was bad? :lol: Just wait to MSNBC does their debate.

Question from the moderator. So Hillary, how do you keep such a positive attitude when you are getting trashed talked all day and night by the Republicans.

classhandicapper
10-15-2015, 01:05 PM

It's a lot easier when even though the DINO does not agree with you on some things, the country is moving in your direction to the left anyway. It doesn't matter if he doesn't agree. You have the power.

It's a lot tougher when you are trying to draw the line on government spending growth, taxes, budgets, and illegal immigration but the RINO's are slowly moving left. At that point, you call them a bunch of idiots and try to draw the line on your own anyway you can. It may not be the correct thing to do politically, but if you know the country is on the fast track to financial ruin and you decide to play nice anyway, you are just another economically illiterate democrat or republican sellout.

ebcorde
10-15-2015, 02:24 PM
I wish all the candidates would have told us how high they were going to raise the tax rates on the rich. I bet Sanders would like to see it around 90%. Afterall, he needs it that high to pay for all of his programs.

It was that high before Reagan. The %1 had ways to hide their money. Dividends and savings made them money. I was getting almost 10% on savings in the early 80's,. no risk.

It'll never go back to 90%, it will go lower and lower and lower because Politicians have no other promises to make. until it's 0.0% or below. The only rate the majority of Americans are happy with.

zico20
10-15-2015, 07:27 PM
It was that high before Reagan. The %1 had ways to hide their money. Dividends and savings made them money. I was getting almost 10% on savings in the early 80's,. no risk.

It'll never go back to 90%, it will go lower and lower and lower because Politicians have no other promises to make. until it's 0.0% or below. The only rate the majority of Americans are happy with.

But Sanders will take away all loopholes so the rich actually pay 90%. Then when Sanders realizes he still doesn't have enough money for all his programs he will then go after the middle class. It would be inevitable.

magwell
10-19-2015, 04:01 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/15/us/politics/democratic-debate-hillary-clinton-joe-biden.htmlNothing stops until it stops, on planet earth....;)

delayjf
10-20-2015, 11:29 AM

As I recall, the rates on CD in the early 80s were as high as 18%, or somewhere along those lines.