PDA

View Full Version : Laurel to be re-built

cj
06-10-2004, 06:47 PM
The question is, does anyone care? The funny thing is, you can't get through a Maryland racing article without some type of in-house fighting...see the T and S bred guys are at it again!

http://www.drf.com/news/article/56307.html

Tom
06-10-2004, 08:51 PM
With the plethora of 5-6 horse field, why in the world do they need a wider course?

KingChas
06-11-2004, 01:08 AM
Lest we forget 1-1a-1x-2-2b-2c=(1/5 ML)entries?

takeout
06-11-2004, 07:30 AM
I was fooling around over there back when *Frank* DeFrancis and the Manfuso brothers owned it and they were starting 14 horse fields in some races then. I never really paid any attention to how many they could start if need be. What's the most horses that have ever started in a Preakness? Haven't they had to use an auxiliary gate before? Can't figure why they would want the track wider. Just more to maintain. Maybe they're going to get a giant starting gate that will hold oodles of horses. That will give those 5 & 6 horse fields plenty of elbow room. :D

takeout
06-11-2004, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
The question is, does anyone care?
Good point!

kenwoodallpromos
06-11-2004, 02:54 PM
They ar widening the turf course for larger fields when dirt horses begin racing more on the turf. They are widening the dirt track for harness racing when Rosecraft goes out of business; they are removing part of the clubhouse because the big spenders won't bet the harnesses.

takeout
06-11-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted bykenwoodallpromos
they are removing part of the clubhouse because the big spenders won't bet the harnesses.
Sounds logical to me. :D The next thing they need to remove are those insane tax laws or the big spenders probably won't be betting their thoroughbreds either.