PDA

View Full Version : MLB Playoff thread

Valuist
10-12-2015, 03:56 PM
This kid Correa is really, really good. Reminds me of A-Rod twenty years ago.

Both the Astros and Cubs are young teams with a lot of swagger. SI picked them to be in the World Series.....in 2017. Have to think there's a chance they beat that by 2 years.

cj
10-12-2015, 05:05 PM
Did you mush him into that error?

OTM Al
10-12-2015, 06:36 PM
This kid Correa is really, really good. Reminds me of A-Rod twenty years ago.

Both the Astros and Cubs are young teams with a lot of swagger. SI picked them to be in the World Series.....in 2017. Have to think there's a chance they beat that by 2 years.
Think Cubs have a better chance this year but both should be good for a while. You could see Houston's potential last year at the end of the season, so this year not surprising. For the Cubbies, the manager change was perfect given the young talent coming up. Really hoping to see the Cubs in the series soon. Eamus Cattuli!

MutuelClerk
10-12-2015, 08:44 PM
Using David Price in relief in Game 4 with a big lead makes no sense to me. I know his playoff record isn't great but the sample size is rather small. He's their best pitcher, they traded a lot to get him and now can't use him in Game 5.

OTM Al
10-12-2015, 08:51 PM
Using David Price in relief in Game 4 with a big lead makes no sense to me. I know his playoff record isn't great but the sample size is rather small. He's their best pitcher, they traded a lot to get him and now can't use him in Game 5.
He can go in relief for an inning at least. Could be key.

Valuist
10-13-2015, 03:12 PM

I didn't see that game and just heard today Toronto used Price out of the bullpen. Unreal. WTF were they thinking? He isn't going to be able to start tomorrow. :confused:

Stillriledup
10-13-2015, 03:19 PM
I didn't see that game and just heard today Toronto used Price out of the bullpen. Unreal. WTF were they thinking? He isn't going to be able to start tomorrow. :confused:

There's no tomorrow if you don't win, they were thinking worry about tomorrow Tomorrow.

Stillriledup
10-13-2015, 03:22 PM
There are zero 'winning gamblers' who are betting on Kershaw as the favorite in a must win. Give me the no name pitcher playing w house money as the dog 100 pct of the time.

thaskalos
10-13-2015, 03:52 PM
He pitched 3 innings yesterday...and gave up 6 hits and 3 runs. And he gave up 5 runs in 7 innings in his prior start against the Rangers. Put that on top of his past post-season misfortunes...and I say it isn't so bad not having Price starting today.

Valuist
10-13-2015, 06:52 PM
There's no tomorrow if you don't win, they were thinking worry about tomorrow Tomorrow.

But they were ahead 8-2. If they can't hold that lead without going to their ace, they are in big trouble. So now they are relying on a guy who didn't start pitching this season until September....and he got hit in game 2.

BetHorses!
10-14-2015, 09:22 PM
But they were ahead 8-2. If they can't hold that lead without going to their ace, they are in big trouble. So now they are relying on a guy who didn't start pitching this season until September....and he got hit in game 2.

seriously wtf was the justification for that

ManU918
10-20-2015, 04:12 PM
Zobrist absolutely crushed that ball.

Valuist
10-27-2015, 09:48 AM
Game 1 Under 7

Mets hitters have 126 at bats vs Volquez. They have never homered off him.

BettinBilly
10-27-2015, 03:48 PM
I'm just glad I'm not still in Vegas because I'd have no idea how to bet this game nor the series.

BetHorses!
10-27-2015, 05:09 PM
I'm just glad I'm not still in Vegas because I'd have no idea how to bet this game nor the series.

Mets in series is a big play imo

BettinBilly
10-27-2015, 05:41 PM
Mets in series is a big play imo

Yea, I can't argue with that. But KC has upset my wagering before in the post season. I'd be shy to bet against them. I have no gut instinct on this match-up. None at all.