PDA

View Full Version : Which pace lines to choose?

Capper Al
10-11-2015, 03:19 PM
I'm there in my rewrite with most of the numbers crunched. No wind about it, I'm guessing that my pace figures probably align more with the runners energy, but whatever pace methods we use the problem is always the same. How do we pick pace lines or aggregate pace lines for our final numbers? If you bought P&P 2012, I use Dave's methods for aggregating speed. I find that it works very well and it isn't a hassle for implementation, but a lot of code writing. But pace might not adapt to the same methods. Matter of fact, I believe that it doesn't.

The last three pace lines describe much of where a horse is going to be in today's race. My original program used a key race method that searched for PP's of a similar surface and distance. This also was fun if not correct. I'd get all excited if a horse hadn't race a similar race for 8 races and today was back where he had won before, kind of like the movie "Let it Ride". They were holding the horse back!

The last three pace line have excellent information, but still the key race method hits longshots. I like Giles methods also and have to someway see my way toward putting all this together. (Dave may call this his New Pace.)