PDA

View Full Version : Greenpointcrusader

PowerUpPaynter
10-10-2015, 08:40 AM
Good day,

New to pedigree research but it would appear to me that Greenpointcrusader has quite an impressive bloodline, no?

http://www.pedigreequery.com/greenpointcrusader

Seems to have a ton of horses & sires who have had Triple Crown race success.

Thoughts?

cj
10-10-2015, 10:29 AM
I'm not a pedigree guy, but I really liked how he closed into a slow pace and ran away from the Champagne field.

letswastemoney
10-10-2015, 03:57 PM
I'd like to see him show the same race on fast dirt.

Can't completely trust sloppy track win, although his maiden races were good too.

PowerUpPaynter
10-11-2015, 10:35 AM
Breeders Cup Juvenile gonna be a really good race.

Lemon Drop Husker
10-15-2015, 07:47 PM
His DI (Dosage Index) is a 5.00

His CD (Center of Distribution) is a 1.08

Those numbers say he is geared more towards speed and will likely struggle when he gets more into "classic" distances that approach and get to 10 furlongs or more.

Bernardini has been a good sire, not great, but solid nonetheless. Stay Thirsty and To Honor and Serve have been his best sons thus far on dirt. One could argue he is a better turf breeding sire thus far.

Dam side, I'm not exactly excited about the his mother and previous generation, but the DamSire line is solid.

Supposedly, he has ran against his pedigree thus far. He has ran better in every race as the distances have gotten longer, and his Champagne romp was impressive. He has come from off the pace every time, and been right there when it mattered, or pulling away like his last out.

The Juvy is only 1/16th longer than the Champagne, so distance shouldn't be a real issue for him in this race. Serious contender in my opinion.

CosmicWon
10-15-2015, 10:29 PM
The dam of Crusader is about as "golden goose" as they come in the commercial arena these days, and she's only had 3 foals go for less than $100,000 and none sell for less than $40,000

You can see the 14 sales prices for her 11 unique foals in this report http://flex.keeneland.com/report/Run.do?mimeType=PDF&contentType=application/PDF&csvFlag=false&recordsPerPage=20&xml=SaleHorse.do&xsl=SaleHorsePDF.xsl&fileName=SaleHorsePDF.pdf&reportName=SaleHorse&searchId=1044268&sortOrder=&sortDirection=&filterStrings=&filterIds=&filterExacts=&delimiter=

I'm not in love with the family because they all seem like sprinty mud-larks which obviously has limited use. Yeah 1/2 bro Justin Phillip had occasional brilliance but he was about as every-other (good race-bad race) pattern specific as they come. Full bro Algorithms beat Hansen that one time when Champ was coming off the layoff at 3 and was done after that. Meh, those are dime a dozen.

Furthermore, the dam is now 24 and it's a fact that their ability to produce stakes winners declines as mares age. I also have about as much faith in Schettino getting one to the Derby as I do Violette, which is to say, I don't. This colt is very sexy and well-bred on the surface but I have a nagging feeling he's fools gold ultimately.

Here are the catalog pages for her Keeneland sales produce assembled together. It's neat to see the evolution and progression of the pedigree as the years progress.
https://secure.keeneland.com/data/catsearch_combined.asp?hsid=1044255

PhantomOnTour
10-16-2015, 12:10 AM
His Champagne figure (by my humble numbers) makes him a standout vs these...Cocked And Loaded can be trouble if he's ready off that freshening.

Lemon Drop Husker
10-16-2015, 02:01 AM
His Champagne figure (by my humble numbers) makes him a standout vs these...Cocked And Loaded can be trouble if he's ready off that freshening.

So Nyquist and Exaggerator are of no concern?

PhantomOnTour
10-16-2015, 02:15 AM
So Nyquist and Exaggerator are of no concern?
Exaggerator - can absolutely get a piece, getting better as the distances get longer
Nyquist - not using at all, getting worse as the distances get longer

PowerUpPaynter
10-16-2015, 09:29 PM
cocked and loaded is intriguing...